• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Hilton Head Thread-Tips, Tricks, Roll Call..

We are not booked yet have to wait for the 7 month mark. But our plan is to be in Hilton head in a 2bd from Dec 24-27 maybe 28. This will be our first time there but we needed a little break from our two weeks in disney. So we will drive to wdw and stay there from 15-24 and then drive to hhi for the rest. We are really excited about it. My kids are 12,11, and 10.

We are going Memorial Day weekend- May 26 - 29 and Labor Day weekend Sept 1-3.

We'll be there May 22nd to the 29th. Can't wait! Anyone done any of the coastal discovery museum tours?

Does anyone know if they will be doing the Shrimp Boil at the Beach House the first week of June? We missed it last August and was told it wasn't done in the Summer.

Hello all HH lovers! :love:We went to HH last year in August for the first time and just loved it! We had a tough time this year deciding between HH and WDW. I would have never thought that would be a tough choice.:laughing: We definitely want to do HHI in 2013 and are contemplating the kids spring break which will probably be sometime in April. How does this compare to August? Is the ocean temp too chilly to swim? I know it will not be as blistering hot as August, but did love those warm ocean temps. Do you enjoy the ocean as much in the spring or is it a bit too chilly? I saw there were many going this April and would love some thoughts. Also, is it difficult to get April at 7 months? I know it was real tough when we got the August week. I might have to be one of those HHI owners in the future or we talked about renting a house somewhere on the Island. But I think I would miss the DVC...gotta love it!:lovestruc

Does anyone know if they will be doing the Shrimp Boil at the Beach House the first week of June? We missed it last August and was told it wasn't done in the Summer.

They've had it every time we've been there in June!

Can anyone tell me about the Low-Country Shrimp Boil on Tuesdays. Is it more fun with a lot of people? It would just be me, dh and my mom. Think I'll leave the teens out because they probably won't be interested in the food and just as happy to go off and choose their own dinner. thanks.

Hi Hoodedrooster -- we are there the same week as you. Me, hubby, my mom and two teen daughters.

I am joining your 'group' because I want to learn more about HHI resort, but we won't be going until May 2013. So I can't book until October of this year (hoping for a 2 bedroom at the 7 month window).

We only get to vacation once a year and we went on the Disney Dream last month for our vacation, so now I am looking forward to trying Disney's HHI resort next year. Thanks for all of the information. I can't wait to hear more :)

We just got back from HHI DVC last week, and it was a great trip. This was our third trip, and we find new things to do every time we go. We did the Dolphin Excursion and had dolphin jumping about 6 ft. from our boat. It was a great experience, and if you go on the one through DVC, they give a 10% discount on Mondays and Wednesdays. They still have the beach walk with the naturalist, but we forgot to do it this time. DH did the Pinkney Island walking tour with the naturalist, and he enjoyed it. We saw B'lou's magic act for the first time, and it was very good, and we also enjoyed his program of Tall Tales and Folk Music. There were a lot of people in the pool at the beach house, and we walked on the beach one afternoon...water was a little cool, and there were jellyfish and sand dollars covering the beach. We didn't spend time at the pool at the resort, but when we walked by, there always were several people in it. We had some very warm days, one day with a lot of rain, and a very windy day. Our goal was to relax and get away from work, and we enjoyed staying in and watching videos, reading and napping when the weather wasn't great. We had planned to do a day trip to Savannah, but we didn't get around to going. Oh, well, there's always next time. Our one regret is that we still haven't been there the right day for the Tuesday evening Low Country Boil. We spent only 5 nights this time, and we came home Tuesday morning. Oh, and the afternoon cranberry cookies were as good as ever.

Tink "SS" I love your pictures! Thank you for posting! Someday we will have to go down in December to see those decorations in person!

We'll be celebrating our 11th Thanksgiving at HH this year! :yay:

Nov 21 - 25. Our oldest is starting college this fall so we've had to shorten our time but 4 nights is better than none!

Kristen

Nov 21 - 25. Our oldest is starting college this fall so we've had to shorten our time but 4 nights is better than none!

Kristen

Do you have a picture of the beautiful view you had last year? Building 31? If so, it's so beautiful there, you should post it so that everyone can see the lovely views from that building.
Hopefully, we'll see you there and maybe the 2013 half-marathon, if Guy's able.

Kristen

Do you have a picture of the beautiful view you had last year? Building 31? If so, it's so beautiful there, you should post it so that everyone can see the lovely views from that building.
Hopefully, we'll see you there and maybe the 2013 half-marathon, if Guy's able.

yes, yes, yes, would love to see more views from rooms!!!:worship:

Bobbiewoz, thanks so much for the compliment on my pics. That means alot coming from you.

I am always wanting to see more pics. bring them on. I will be taking a ton in june but that is too far away.

Anyone done any of the coastal discovery museum tours?

I'd love to hear the answer to this too. Do you mean tours around the Coastal Discovery Museum or tours sponsored by the Museum? We've been over to the Coastal Discovery Museum and walked the grounds ourselves. It's such a beautiful area!

023.jpg

I'd love to hear the answer to this too. Do you mean tours around the Coastal Discovery Museum or tours sponsored by the Museum? We've been over to the Coastal Discovery Museum and walked the grounds ourselves. It's such a beautiful area!

023.jpg

The tours sponsored by them. We're thinking of doing a few in May.

Any links to tours of attractions would be greatly appreciated :)

I know I am very early at planning (since we hope to go in May 2013...can't even book until October), but I am so excited to go somewhere new and want to learn more about it! Thanks!

Tinks "SS";44500226 said:
yes, yes, yes, would love to see more views from rooms!!!:worship:

Bobbiewoz, thanks so much for the compliment on my pics. That means alot coming from you.

I am always wanting to see more pics. bring them on. I will be taking a ton in june but that is too far away.

We'll be back in September, but here are some from a few years ago. 3rd floor in the lodge, back left corner, 1 bdrm.

DSCF3535.jpg

DSCF3617.jpg

DSCF3600.jpg

DSCF3539.jpg

DSCF3534.jpg

Any links to tours of attractions would be greatly appreciated :)

I know I am very early at planning (since we hope to go in May 2013...can't even book until October), but I am so excited to go somewhere new and want to learn more about it! Thanks!

http://www.coastaldiscovery.org/
That's the website for the coastal discovery museum. Click on event calendar and the month you are going. Then if you click the program, it will give more details. Hope that helps! We'll report back after our trip for those that are interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter