2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

hello disers!
I'm posting on this thread on behalf of my newbie sister who is planning on a 2012 Disney trip (first) . I'm not really familiar with the pin codes since we are military and stay at shades so I was wondering if you could help me out?
She is interested in going Sept/Oct 2012 and really wants the free dining. How do you go about getting it? Do you just sign up on all the Disney websites and hope you get one, or is there more to it? Do you book without knowing if you'll get one? Do you have to book a package (tickets and all) to get free dining? Thanks everyone! I'm going to lurk here for her since she is kind of counting on me to help her out. I know alot about Disney, but nothing about this!

hello disers!
I'm posting on this thread on behalf of my newbie sister who is planning on a 2012 Disney trip (first) . I'm not really familiar with the pin codes since we are military and stay at shades so I was wondering if you could help me out?
She is interested in going Sept/Oct 2012 and really wants the free dining. How do you go about getting it? Do you just sign up on all the Disney websites and hope you get one, or is there more to it? Do you book without knowing if you'll get one? Do you have to book a package (tickets and all) to get free dining? Thanks everyone! I'm going to lurk here for her since she is kind of counting on me to help her out. I know alot about Disney, but nothing about this!

September is usually a perfect time to snag free dining. Since you are watching for over a year from now you will have a good chance of getting it. Just keep watching these boards and you will find out when the deal for next year is released. It isn't a bad idea to sign up on the website for e-mails, or to put a couple of "dummy dates" into the disney website and search for a trip. Then back out. That way you just might get an e-mail pin if they don't actually release a general public promotion. They have released a promotion to the general public for free dining in September for the last 9-10 years or so. So chances are good. Usually the free dining offer is based on the level of your resort. Value resorts (and sometimes moderates) are offered QSDP free, Deluxe resorts are offered the DDP. You can pay extra to upgrade to the next level of dining plan if you wish to. We personally LOVE the free dining plans and find it to be the best deal out there for us. If you are a "Deluxe resort" kind of person, you may be better off with a %off plan. Good luck getting your sister a deal!

hello disers!
Since the fall of 2005, Disney has been offering a general public free dining promo during the time frame of about mid-August through the first of October which does not require a pin code. That is the height of hurricane season and I don't see Disney getting rid of that promo for that time frame anytime soon. To be able to apply the free dining discount to your reservation you must book a Magic Your Way Package which includes room, dining and at least 2 day base tickets.

I am wondering if anybody from Disney company reads these thread? If so, people are waiting for discounts.

I am going to join you all for the free dining watch.
We were there in January this year, and there was a bounceback offer in the hotel room. However, DD and I were there without DH. When I called him about it, he told me not to book again. Now he is rethinking his decision and considering a trip.

Definitely hoping for some free dining offers for 2012!! We want to upgrade to DxDP on one of these trips!!! :thumbsup2 Plus, free dining allows us to take longer trips because it lowers the cost by a lot. :)

Isn't this about the time of year that Disney has announced the free dining offers in the past number of years? I know that it is not a guarantee, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Has anyone heard anything?

This is the time of year that they have, in the past, announced free dining for the *current* year.

They changed it up, though, this year by putting the offers out there in December.

So who knows what is going to happen in the future!

I don't think 2012 would be announced this early, since they haven't even released package prices for 2012 yet. Historically, package prices for the next year are released during the summer. In 2010, free dining was announced sometime in August for select dates through August for 2011; interesting to note that this is the first time Disney has announced free dining so early. Hope that helps!

Virgin are offering free dining dates in 2012 for UK travellers. I don't know if US dates are the same but here they are -

01 Jan - 26 Feb
01 May - 17 June
01 Aug - 18 Nov

It's suiting me fine for my May 2012 trip as long as it's offered by other carriers. Fingers crossed for my Atlantic cousins. (almost close family condsidering Scotland used to be part of the North American mainland). :thumbsup2

I think they may offer free dining again for the fall but this time it will likely be quick service for values and moderates instead of just for values. Depends on how full the booking are for the fall. I am hoping they continue free dining, some people say its ruining the food at disney but i like it and wont stay onsite without it

We hope they are going to offer FD as well. I am not sure how it would ruin the food at Disney. I hope they offer the same dates to us here in the US as what Virgin is offering. I am thinking about Tonga Toast from the Kona Cafe already.

I don't think 2012 would be announced this early, since they haven't even released package prices for 2012 yet. Historically, package prices for the next year are released during the summer. In 2010, free dining was announced sometime in August for select dates through August for 2011; interesting to note that this is the first time Disney has announced free dining so early. Hope that helps!

Interesting that they are now showing free dining for 2012 for UK residents. Would think they would open it up on the US site too :confused3 Maybe that's the big announcement tomorrow?

We hope they are going to offer FD as well. I am not sure how it would ruin the food at Disney. I hope they offer the same dates to us here in the US as what Virgin is offering. I am thinking about Tonga Toast from the Kona Cafe already.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here but I too was planning on that yummy Tonga Toast from Kona but I seen that when the Animation Suites open, the entire Polynesian Resort will be closed. Something about asbestos. I hope this is just a rumor because Ohana's is one of our favourites too :confused3

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here but I too was planning on that yummy Tonga Toast from Kona but I seen that when the Animation Suites open, the entire Polynesian Resort will be closed. Something about asbestos. I hope this is just a rumor because Ohana's is one of our favourites too :confused3

No Way --- Say it ain't so! I hope it is just a mistake. I am not sure our trip will be the same without Tonga Toast at Kona. AUGH!

Its a rumor. A poorly crafted one at that. The second highest grossing resort on Disney property has been well manicured over the 41 years its foundation has existed.

That all being said it is slated for a refresh to align with the opening of Aulina.

Just looked on the Disney UK site and they are offering a few discounts on the site including the free dinning for select dates... My DH so you know that they probably will offer free dinning to US in the fall too... Keeping my fingers crossed i wish i could book under the UK site...lol:rotfl2: but as soon as i can book for 2012 I am all over that i check everyday.... good luck everyone

Just saw an announcement on GMA from Disney about building a new Magic Kingdom in a different country. Is that the announcement? I don't see why they would have more people working at Disney today for something like that :confused3

Ugh, I really hope that's not it :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter