2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question to my Beach Club people. Do you check in at the regular front desk or does the Villas have their own?

Dee: Sorry it's late but.................Happy Birthday!!!

Teena: it looks like "the princess" is turning to the dark side!!! Love Pirates and everything that goes along with them ;)

We're here, too. Stayed off site the first night and checked in yesterday. Dee, I took photos on my phone of the November activites. If you remind me of your Y&BC email, I'll send them to you. And a belated Happy Birthday to you!

It sounds like most people made it through Sandy without too many problems. I haven't heard from one of my DIS friends who lives in NJ. Praying for her family.

We had a wonderful lunch at Brown Derby and dinner at Flying Fish. The pork chop with gouda and julienned apple is amazing at BD. The risotto at FF was good as always although both my DH and I agreed it wasn't our favorite iteration. The chef changes the risotto every couple weeks according to a server a year or two ago so if we go back next week, it may have changed again. Great service from David at BD and Tony at FF.

I just saw Vanessa at the Marketplace. Seeing that sweet CM is a wonderful way to start the day.

Sounds like a great start to a magical trip! I love the Brown Derby and Flying Fish. We are still struggling to get back to normal here - no school and two of my older sons still don't have power. Hope you are having wonderful weather and have a fantastic trip!!!!

Sorry, I didn't log on yesterday.... So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm joining this thread!! I started a new thread asking this question but I'll also ask here. If you had to pick between BC or YC, which would you pick and why?

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Hi everyone! I'm joining this thread!! I started a new thread asking this question but I'll also ask here. If you had to pick between BC or YC, which would you pick and why?

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Last month my family (all adults) stayed at both Yacht Club club level and Beach Club club level. For us, we preferred YC as I feel it caters more to adults. For families with kids I would suggest BC as it is a bit more child friendly. All that said, they are both wonderful and you can't go wrong either way.

dawnbu40 said:
Last month my family (all adults) stayed at both Yacht Club club level and Beach Club club level. For us, we preferred YC as I feel it caters more to adults. For families with kids I would suggest BC as it is a bit more child friendly. All that said, they are both wonderful and you can't go wrong either way.

Sounds,like YC would suite us better. That's whatI'm leaning towards!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Sounds,like YC would suite us better. That's whatI'm leaning towards!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

The other advantage of the YC is that the rooms all have full balconies and only about 50% of the BC rooms do. But I'm a Beach Club lover!

I love both hotels. The location CANNOT be beat, but I'm called YCFAN for a reason. It's my favorite.

I'm so excited. We are going 12/20-12/23. My youngest DS's birthday is Christmas day and he has no idea we are going. We told him we are going to try Universal for a change. He told us he would rather go to Disney! I can't wait to see the look on his face when we pull up to the gate at YC.(our home away from home)

The suspense is killing me. I had to share. I can't even add a ticker for the risk that he might see it ;)

One week!!!!

And after Sandy (we were only effected by 22 hours without power), stress from work and a career move for DBF this is a much needed vacation for the two of us. We're treating this like a week long date

Sent from my GalaxyS II

We stayed at the YC in June and just returned from a BC stay. Both are beautiful and the BC is closer to Epcot but.... we prefer the YC - we find it much quieter and calmer even though you see more business travelers. Some think it is darker but we just find it more relaxing. Good luck with your decision.

Almost all rooms at the YC have full balconies. I have heard that one or two rooms out of more than 600 may have the smaller balconies. There are also a few rooms that share an extra large balcony. Not sure how many, but maybe a handful.

Personally, with the very small odds of getting one of those rooms, I wouldn't add "full balcony, please" as a request and would just take my chances. If I was assigned to one of the rooms with the smaller balcony or shared balcony I would probably ask if another room was available.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks. I'll stick to my orig idea of just asking for upper floor, best view possible :goodvibes

Here's a Halloween Treat- Teena's daughter Jeanne and grandaughter Lily Trick or Treating:

Halloween1.jpg

Halloween2.jpg

And here I thought she'd be a Princess! Very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter