• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread has so much amazing info! Thankyou! :goodvibes

Me and my husband are staying at the Beach Club from the 1st November to the 15th November this year for our belated Disneymoon (11 DAYS!!!! :woohoo:) It's my FIRST ever trip to WDW after a lifetime of dreaming :cloud9: I could not be more excited!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I just have a couple of questions about the BC....

I'm not a fan of fizzy drinks, do they have any still drinks available at the refill station? I saw that there is slush which looks great, but will there be juices/squash/water available as well?

We were thinking of bringing a few DVD's with us. We're not yet sure if we'll have a DVD player in our room, but if we do.. does anyone know if they are Multi Region DVD players?? (we're coming from the UK)

:yay::yay:

Me and my husband are staying at the Beach Club from the 1st November to the 15th November this year for our belated Disneymoon (11 DAYS!!!! :woohoo:) It's my FIRST ever trip to WDW after a lifetime of dreaming :cloud9: I could not be more excited!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm not a fan of fizzy drinks, do they have any still drinks available at the refill station? I saw that there is slush which looks great, but will there be juices/squash/water available as well?

We were thinking of bringing a few DVD's with us. We're not yet sure if we'll have a DVD player in our room, but if we do.. does anyone know if they are Multi Region DVD players?? (we're coming from the UK)

Are you staying at Beach Club or Beach Club villas? The villas do have DVD players but only the CL rooms at regular BC have DVD players. :goodvibes

Last time we stayed there was pomegranate lemonade available as a fountain drink. I remember because it was delicious! Of course, that was at CB so I'm not sure if BC is the same.

Are you staying at Beach Club or Beach Club villas? The villas do have DVD players but only the CL rooms at regular BC have DVD players. :goodvibes

Just the Beach Club, ah well no need to bring DVD's then! ;) I'm sure we'll be far too busy roaming the boardwalk and the parks for watching DVD's anyway.. :laughing: Thanks! :goodvibes

We're at the Beach Club now if anyone wants me to find out anything.

Went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and got to go on the new Little Mermaid ride, the Fantasyland expansion looks amazing!

Thanks for your offer to do some info scouting!

See below- it sounds like people are interested in knowing if the gym in the solarium is open 24 hours AND the options for showering near SAB. I had wondered about shower/changing accomodations for people using the gymnarium/solnasium, too.

Thanks, again, and have a great time!!!

Monica23535,

Could you please check to see what the hours are for the fitness center and confirm it's still in the solarium??

Thank you,
Lori

Hi everyone, single figures!! Only 9 sleeps to go before we land at Yacht Club....:sail:

Quick question, are there any showers pool side at SAB or do all 5 of us have to line up for a shower back in the room? :dance3:

Also, I believe we can pick up our photopass plus card from BC marketplace. Does anyone know if this facility runs the same hours as the marketplace is open?

Thanks guys:goodvibes

:welcome: and congratulations on your marriage!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I was at All Star Movies in June, and they had the Pomegranate Lemonade that JoshMom5 mentioned. I don't drink soft drinks/tonic/fizzy drinks and I don't like drinks that are too sweet, but this was just perfect.

I hope it is available at the BC Marketplace.

Here are pixarmom's recent Marketplace pictures

Self-Serve Beverage Station

DSCN8588_zpsb0634834.jpg

DSCN8589_zps6c159b01.jpg

pixarmom, can you zoom in on your picture of the refill station. Is that regular lemonade or the Pomegranate?

Thanks!

It's that time again! Please take a moment to check the Be Our Guest list. I made a bunch of additions today, and I want to make sure everyone is there and the listings are accurate.

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

We are here too :yay: and also was lucky enough to see everything that is open including a walk through of "Be our guest restaurant" and met Gaston :cool2: We ended up with a room that met our main request - full balcony and a special bonus Epcot fireworks :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Tomorrow we move on to the WL - our BC stay has been magical pixiedust:

Interested in what type of a room that you booked and what your room number is....

Also, Daybed question for the BC experts....do I waste in my room request that we need a room with a daybed. We are a party of 5 so is it safe to assume or is that something I need to add to my request. I don't want to waste a request on this if it's automatic for a party of 5.

It's that time again! Please take a moment to check the Be Our Guest list. I made a bunch of additions today, and I want to make sure everyone is there and the listings are accurate.

I just noticed we are listed as CL. We just have a regular GV room. :goodvibes
We did have CL at YC. :lmao:

So, we are just BC, thanks! You do an awesome job on this thread!

Went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and got to go on the new Little Mermaid ride, the Fantasyland expansion looks amazing!

We are here too :yay: and also was lucky enough to see everything that is open including a walk through of "Be our guest restaurant" and met Gaston :cool2: We ended up with a room that met our main request - full balcony and a special bonus Epcot fireworks :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I'm so excited that we may get the chance to see Fantasyland. All the pictures look so amazing and we didn't think we'd see it, but now it seems like we will. 6 more days!!!

Our dates are good :thumbsup2. I am very excited about trying YC CL, although I am still contemplating a deluxe room :rolleyes1.

Daybed question for the BC experts....do I waste in my room request that we need a room with a daybed. We are a party of 5 so is it safe to assume or is that something I need to add to my request. I don't want to waste a request on this if it's automatic for a party of 5.

I'm no BC expert, but from what I understand, they give precedence to parties of 5 for a room with a daybed; however, if one isn't available, you will get a rollaway. Hopefully someone will verify that or correct me if I'm wrong ;).

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Booked!!!! I used the "honey - look all of the standard views are no longer available; we should get ours booked NOW!" :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Looking forward to our first stay at the BC and see if the pool holds up to all we have heard about. We are spoiled since our last four trips were at the Poly, but we are looking forward to something new.

Packing extra mugs for a Grand Marnier walk!

I dont usually venture over this side of the boards ;-)
My lovely husband and I will be at the YC from 19-26 Sept with the DxDDP and I am now regularly checking in on this thread. I'm soo glad i found it :-)

Katie x x

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Booked!!!! I used the "honey - look all of the standard views are no longer available; we should get ours booked NOW!" :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Looking forward to our first stay at the BC and see if the pool holds up to all we have heard about. We are spoiled since our last four trips were at the Poly, but we are looking forward to something new.

Packing extra mugs for a Grand Marnier walk!

Congrats on booking. We love the Poly, but we also enjoyed our BC stay. I'm sure you'll have a great trip and will like the BC :goodvibes.

We will be at YC April 18-26.

:yay:

I dont usually venture over this side of the boards ;-)
My lovely husband and I will be at the YC from 19-26 Sept with the DxDDP and I am now regularly checking in on this thread. I'm soo glad i found it :-)

Katie x x

Happy planning :wizard:.

Also, Daybed question for the BC experts....do I waste in my room request that we need a room with a daybed. We are a party of 5 so is it safe to assume or is that something I need to add to my request. I don't want to waste a request on this if it's automatic for a party of 5.

We were a family of five staying in the Beach Club and we always had a day bed. I think the rooms come with it. It wouldn't hurt to make sure, though, when you book the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter