2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have a copy of the September activities schedule? :-) Only 7 more days!!!

Just got a copy of the schedule!!! (Thanks, Cathy!)

I'll post it by the end of the day.

Movies

Sun- Tuck Everlasting
Mon- Alice in Wonderland (classic)
Tues- Camp Rock
Wed- Camp Rock 2
Thurs- A Bugs Life
Fri- Oliver & Co
Sat- Pocahontas

Campfire 7 PM
Movie 8:30 PM

Poolside Party at SAB 2:30 PM
Changing of the Guard 3:40 PM

:offtopic:

Is anyone involved in a Fantasy Football league that needs a player? Last year my son Nate and I (mostly Nate) managed a team in a league that was formed here on the DIS, but I haven't seen anything this year on the Community Boards. Well, there was one thread, but the OP never replied to my post or a couple of others.

I could just join through Yahoo- or does anyone else have suggestions for fun and easy FF leagues?

Thanks!

Dee

natebenma said:
:offtopic:

Is anyone involved in a Fantasy Football league that needs a player? Last year my son Nate and I (mostly Nate) managed a team in a league that was formed here on the DIS, but I haven't seen anything this year on the Community Boards. Well, there was one thread, but the OP never replied to my post or a couple of others.

I could just join through Yahoo- or does anyone else have suggestions for fun and easy FF leagues?

Thanks!

Dee

My DH is having his FF draft at our house tomorrow night. I don't think he needs anybody but if he does I'll let you know. :)

I know that there are very few King beds at BC. I tried to search this threat for info and found some references to a King Murphy bed but no confirmation about them. If I put in King bed as our only request, will I risk getting a murphy? Anybody know how comfortable they are?
We have a "garden view" room booked for 2 adults 10/14-10/16.

It won't make our break our trip, but would be great to have a King since it is just DH and me.

I know that there are very few King beds at BC. I tried to search this threat for info and found some references to a King Murphy bed but no confirmation about them. If I put in King bed as our only request, will I risk getting a murphy? Anybody know how comfortable they are?
We have a "garden view" room booked for 2 adults 10/14-10/16.

It won't make our break our trip, but would be great to have a King since it is just DH and me.

I think the Murphy King Beds are a bit like Bigfoot. People have heard that they exist, but we haven't had any actual sitings.

HAS anyone seen one of these Murphy King Beds? and better yet, have photographic evidence?

Thanks!

:wave2:
Hi everyone--I've been lurking here for a bit and wanted to thank all of you for convincing me that BC (or YC) is going to be our resort for our trip this spring. You guys do an awesome job of selling it --are you sure only one of you is on the Disney payroll? :lmao:

We stayed at the Poly for our last spring break trip and loved it. Do you mind if I give you my reasons for switching and a couple of other factors to get some positive reinforcement? DH is unconvinced.
1--Pool: We are a pool loving family--my kids love the slides, we definitely consider a pool a prime factor in our decision.
2--Comfort: We will have my parents (70+) join us for a couple of days. I'll pay for their room and I want them to be very comfortable--they aren't really Disney fans :confused3 but live in J'ville and are coming to celebrate my DDs actual birthday (twins turning 9).
3--Location: We don't really do Epcot "right" and I've realized that the World Showcase part of Epcot just isn't going to happen unless we stay right there and just enjoy one or two countries an evening (hoppers). I haven't decided if we'll make reservations or just do quick service. Also, we love Hollywood Studios.

Thanks again! I'm so excited--going to book soon and hoping there's a BB offer in our room when we check into WL for a 2 night trip in December for a party only trip.

I am booking my family in to Beach Club/Yacht Club over Thanksgiving. We are arriving on Thanksgiving or the day after. My brother, wife and 3 kids will have 2 rooms, I have already booked them into standard rooms, free dining 11/23-11/27. I need to add a room only for Thanksgiving. My parents (70's) are coming to be with grandchildren -similar to above poster except my Dad loves Disney and rides, my mom does not. I am trying to get them in a room at Beach Club since I think this would be the easiest for my mom who doesn't walk really well. She will not get a wheelchair/scooter. My other brother is possibly coming with his 3 kids. And me.

My questions,

Beach Club right now has only lagoon view left. Yacht Club has garden view. I have been able to see water view vs standard view, no mention of garden view, at least in the maps. Would water view be worth the extra money for my parents so they don't have to walk as far?

I saw HH is closed, and there is a hot dog cart. Is this considered QS? And, if there are wait people at the pool does that work with DDP? Finally, have they added any place to refill mugs? My brother will be refilling quite often! If it is way out of the way he won't be happy!

I may book myself into BCV, the studios are a little cheaper then the regular rooms. I saw there is housekeeping if you book the regular way and I like the kitchenette. I am not sure if I am hoping the rooms are close to BCR or far from.:rotfl2: Actually, I have been thinking of booking myself in the resort the furthest away. While I love my family, our family vacations don't always go really well!! :scared1:

Any help would be appreciated!!

I am booking my family in to Beach Club/Yacht Club over Thanksgiving. We are arriving on Thanksgiving or the day after. My brother, wife and 3 kids will have 2 rooms, I have already booked them into standard rooms, free dining 11/23-11/27. I need to add a room only for Thanksgiving. My parents (70's) are coming to be with grandchildren -similar to above poster except my Dad loves Disney and rides, my mom does not. I am trying to get them in a room at Beach Club since I think this would be the easiest for my mom who doesn't walk really well. She will not get a wheelchair/scooter. My other brother is possibly coming with his 3 kids. And me.

My questions,

Beach Club right now has only lagoon view left. Yacht Club has garden view. I have been able to see water view vs standard view, no mention of garden view, at least in the maps. Would water view be worth the extra money for my parents so they don't have to walk as far?

I saw HH is closed, and there is a hot dog cart. Is this considered QS? And, if there are wait people at the pool does that work with DDP? Finally, have they added any place to refill mugs? My brother will be refilling quite often! If it is way out of the way he won't be happy!

I may book myself into BCV, the studios are a little cheaper then the regular rooms. I saw there is housekeeping if you book the regular way and I like the kitchenette. I am not sure if I am hoping the rooms are close to BCR or far from.:rotfl2: Actually, I have been thinking of booking myself in the resort the furthest away. While I love my family, our family vacations don't always go really well!! :scared1:

Any help would be appreciated!!

As far as room locations at both the YC and BC, the standard view rooms (views of parking lots and roofs), the garden view rooms (views of something green) and the water view rooms (a view of water) are all scattered all over the resort. So water view rooms wouldn't be "closer" to anything. In other words, the view will not give you an advantage as far as location to whatever you want to be closer to. There are standard, garden and water view rooms close to the lobby as well as really far away from the lobby. Water view is quite a difference price wise than the standard and garden view.

As far as the BCV, the price for a standard and garden view room at the BC is about the same as a studio at the BCV. I personally much prefer the layout and comfort of a room at the BC versus a studio at the BCV. Now if I had the choice of a regular room at the BC versus a one bedroom villa at the BCV, the one bedroom villa would win hands down!!!!! The kitchette is only a sink, a microwave and a refrigerator and a coffee maker. You get that in a regular room at the BC minus the extra little sink. You can request a microwave in the BC.

You can refill your drinks in the Marketplace at the BC and at the pool. I understand a refill area at the pool is still there during the rehab but hopefully somebody staying there now can confirm. I think somebody posted the menu of what's available now at the pool since Hanna's is under rehab.

I just wanted to say "Welcome Home". I imagine your stay in Las Vegas was just dreamy being with Lily again. Wanted to let you know that we had a BLAST during the rest of our stay after you left. I have posted a few reviews with pictures, just in case you are bored and want to do some scrolling through the pages you missed!

You and your counterparts do an amazing job in customer service....can't say enough about every CM we encountered at the Beach Club. In our experience, they were always super helpful, always pleasant, and so approachable. It's the reason we keep coming back there and are "afraid" to stay anyplace else. :) (And yes, I have already sent my letters!)

As far as room locations at both the YC and BC, the standard view rooms (views of parking lots and roofs), the garden view rooms (views of something green) and the water view rooms (a view of water) are all scattered all over the resort. So water view rooms wouldn't be "closer" to anything. In other words, the view will not give you an advantage as far as location to whatever you want to be closer to. There are standard, garden and water view rooms close to the lobby as well as really far away from the lobby. Water view is quite a difference price wise than the standard and garden view.

As far as the BCV, the price for a standard and garden view room at the BC is about the same as a studio at the BCV. I personally much prefer the layout and comfort of a room at the BC versus a studio at the BCV. Now if I had the choice of a regular room at the BC versus a one bedroom villa at the BCV, the one bedroom villa would win hands down!!!!! The kitchette is only a sink, a microwave and a refrigerator and a coffee maker. You get that in a regular room at the BC minus the extra little sink. You can request a microwave in the BC.

You can refill your drinks in the Marketplace at the BC and at the pool. I understand a refill area at the pool is still there during the rehab but hopefully somebody staying there now can confirm. I think somebody posted the menu of what's available now at the pool since Hanna's is under rehab.

Thank you! That helps a lot. I will rethink my BCV decision, although knowing that I would not be right next to my family might be an advantage!!! :lmao:

Haven’t posted in a while, but mostly following along. Thank you to everyone who has posted about updates and your recent (and ongoing) trips :thumbsup2

I am getting more and more excited for our first stay at YC! The extended forecast doesn’t look so good, but living in Florida I know that can change on an hourly basis and we will have a good time no matter what :woohoo:

Teena Welcome home from your trip! I hope to swing through the BC lobby and meet you when we come up in a couple of weeks. :wave2:

NinjaMom Just wanted to check in and see how the family was and how you are holding up :hug:

Dee Thank you once again for all you do :flower: I was impatiently waiting for the movie schedule so was very happy when you posted it, although my kids aren’t interested in either Sat or Sun movies :sad2: Hopefully Oct will have a better line up. Speaking of Oct, we changed our dates, we have gone from Oct 19-21 to Oct 27-29, still at YC. (Do you mind changing the Be Our Guest List?)

Hope everyone is having a great weeend! Two weeks from tonight I will hopefully be sipping some wonderfully tasty adult beverage either watching the kids play in SAB or venturing into another park :yay:

Just got a copy of the schedule!!! (Thanks, Cathy!)

I'll post it by the end of the day.

Movies

Sun- Tuck Everlasting
Mon- Alice in Wonderland (classic)
Tues- Camp Rock
Wed- Camp Rock 2
Thurs- A Bugs Life
Fri- Oliver & Co
Sat- Pocahontas

Campfire 7 PM
Movie 8:30 PM

Poolside Party at SAB 2:30 PM
Changing of the Guard 3:40 PM

Thank you!! My kids have made their must see list for the week we will be there!

GeorgiasMom or Max the Horse- I'm checking out tomorrow, and I have a still-sealed container of hummus, and a still-sealed pkg of organic baby carrots. Are either of you interested? I'd hate to throw them away, but they will not travel well...

During our stay last week, we decided to do something we haven't done on our previous trips, and rent one of the boats available at Y&B Marina.
Here is a pic of my kids operating it. You have to be 18 years old. It was totally fine for people to switch off driving, and it was easy to do so while "sailing". I wanted NO part of driving :)

There were two seats in the back, very comfy, a bench where the operator and another person can sit, and the front of the boat had a very large bench/flat padded area where a couple of people could sit or even stretch out and sunbathe!

Thank you for posting this. It looks like you had the perfect day for taking out a boat. This is something the most of us don't think of doing and it is such a wonderful experience. We have rented a pontoon boat from the Poly on a prior trip. It was so relaxing and beautiful. May just have to rent one in a couple of weeks at the Beach Club. Great photos too!

Angel16

During our stay last week, we decided to do something we haven't done on our previous trips, and rent one of the boats available at Y&B Marina.

LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a great review! That looks like a lot of fun- thanks for sharing the experience with us!

:woohoo:

Speaking of sharing...

Would you mind if I put a link to this review in the FAQ section regarding the marina?

If I have room, I would also like to add one of the (non-family) pictures too.

Thanks!

Dee

Thanks, again, WDW4us2006!

On a related note- does anyone have a review of the Illuminations Cruise or Albatross cruise that they would like to share, and give me permission to add to the FAQ section.

I have a couple of people I can ask, but if one of you reading wants to add something that would be great. We occasionally get people asking for reviews about the various marina offerings.

Thanks!

Hey Dee,

Happy to say that we booked a Bounceback for next August so feel free to add us to the list.

We even added a day and are now doing 8 days instead of our usual 7!!!

Our dates are

August 21-28, 2013. (Going to be a long year!)

Woo Hoo!!

Jay

:banana::banana::banana:

That's fantastic!!! I'll add you to the list.

Excited to return to BC next month after snagging an AP discount this past week! Love walking to International Gateway and of course SAB! Last stay there was in April 2011 and it was great.

We like to go for a weekend in the fall to celebrate DD's birthday and enjoy F&W. (We go during the day and both our daughters enjoy sampling different foods.)

:welcome: back!

:yay:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for October, but if you want to clarify your dates, I'll update the info.

:wave2:
Hi everyone--I've been lurking here for a bit and wanted to thank all of you for convincing me that BC (or YC) is going to be our resort for our trip this spring. You guys do an awesome job of selling it --are you sure only one of you is on the Disney payroll? :lmao:

Thanks again! I'm so excited--going to book soon and hoping there's a BB offer in our room when we check into WL for a 2 night trip in December for a party only trip.

Glad you stepped out of the shadows for a moment to say hello! Let us know when you book the trip!

:welcome:

:cool1:

I'll add your family to the Be Our Guest list over Thanksgiving.

I think Teena did a great job answering your questions. The only thing I will add is that for your parent's room, You could have a request "Close to Lobby, please" or "Close to EPCOT"- whichever would be most helpful for them.

Haven’t posted in a while, but mostly following along. Dee Thank you once again for all you do :flower: I was impatiently waiting for the movie schedule so was very happy when you posted it, although my kids aren’t interested in either Sat or Sun movies :sad2: Hopefully Oct will have a better line up. Speaking of Oct, we changed our dates, we have gone from Oct 19-21 to Oct 27-29, still at YC. (Do you mind changing the Be Our Guest List?)

I have to agree with you about the movies. This may be the most uninteresting lineup I have seen. Oh, well.

I'll make the change to your October dates.

Thanks, again, WDW4us2006!

On a related note- does anyone have a review of the Illuminations Cruise or Albatross cruise that they would like to share, and give me permission to add to the FAQ section.

I have a couple of people I can ask, but if one of you reading wants to add something that would be great. We occasionally get people asking for reviews about the various marina offerings.

Thanks!

I can write one next week when we get home. We did the Illuminations Cruise last night and really enjoyed it. My dd has done the Albatross cruise twice on previous trips.

A

I can write one next week when we get home. We did the Illuminations Cruise last night and really enjoyed it. My dd has done the Albatross cruise twice on previous trips.

A

I have a couple of Albatross reviews in my file- just need permission to post them. My contact for that is in the World now, too! The Albatross is tough, since it is only kids who take the cruise.

If you get a chance when you get back to write about the Illuminations cruise, that would be great!

Have a FANTASTIC day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter