2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely ask for a wedding gazebo view with GV at YC. You won't be disappointed.

Yay! So glad you're continuing to post! :cheer2:

I took several pics today- will try to post them promptly. Wifi has been spotty in my room, but hopefully will post in a few minutes...

I will admit...the Wifi was terrible. I applaud Disney for ceasing to charge for it, but it still needs to be tweaked (read: made stronger).

035328765f7739be4dfcf910de843198.jpg

854885696ffd4001e14b98aca6b48d85.jpg

"The Solarium Fitness Center"..... Until December 2012

Thanks for the pics! Am I the only one thinking..."Geez...the equipment looks waaay better in the Solarium than it did in Ship Shape!"?
P.S. Loved your view! Is it a water view? Garden?

BTW...we're home safely. We got the front row on our flight, and being able to watch and talk to the flight crew during take off and landing did wonders to allay my fear of flying!

It broke my heart to day to see my banner/signature expired, so I kept the pic, but updated it to count down to my birthday since it's so close!

Now, one day later, I'm having what I call the PDM...Post Disney Remorse. Am I upset that I spent too much money? No. Am I upset that I overate and put about 15 of those 27 lbs. I lost back on? No.

What I have remorse over is that feeling I bet we all get late in our trip. Ya know how as your trip is starting to wind down, your best laid plans are easily led astray? You think...."Yeah, the MK is open late, but I've already been there twice, and I'm full of dinner, and I'll be back again." Or..."We've been getting up early every morning. Let's skip EMH at the Studios and sleep in!"
All these decisions feel so right in the moment, but now that I'm home, I think "You should have pushed through the pain, because now you're home and can't go on Peter Pan's flight (my favorite ride that we never got to because we assumed we'd go to MK on our last night, but fell asleep early)."

Does anyone else have these feelings?

In regards to grilled cheese, you can always go college dorm style:

1. Take 1 piece of cheese and two slices of bread, smash them together
2. Insert into standard toaster
3. Turn toaster on side and wait 3 minutes.... Pop! Instant grilled cheese

Scott MC said:
Thanks for the pics! Am I the only one thinking..."Geez...the equipment looks waaay better in the Solarium than it did in Ship Shape!"?

feelings?

Me! I thought exactly the same thing!

I do feel bad for those currently there, though. We ate a couple of meals in there...it's so relaxing In the Solarium.

Me! I thought exactly the same thing!

I do feel bad for those currently there, though. We ate a couple of meals in there...it's so relaxing In the Solarium.

Really? I admit I only strolled over once, but there were about 42 kids sitting in all the chairs, sloshing breakfast around while watching cartoons. :rotfl2:

It was beautiful, but anything but peaceful!

Love still reading all of these postings on the BC/YC thread ...

To all of those worrying about HH being down - I can tell you that our family of 4 went to SAB every day during our 8 days at BC - we never used HH. But, we did have CL - so we could pour a beer in a cup and bring sodas down. I'm still pretty sure we could have survived without HH though. I am a little envious of a hot dog grill though!! I think that in general, all of those staying now may actually have a few more 'quick service' options than what was available when HH was open.

Someone mentioned Wi-fi ...

We had problems with our tv when we were at BC. We thought it was typical satellite problems, since it was raining a lot at night and we have Directv at home and it's not out of the ordinary to have spotty signals in the rain. But, after 36 hours of come-and-go service, we finally went to the CL desk area to ask - we were told it was not normal and they had someone come quickly upstairs to check our tv.

Yes, this does get around again to wi-fi - in those same 36-hours we had nothing but trouble getting on wi-fi in the room. I asked my "tech-savvy, does -it-for-a-living, builds computers for fun, has built a screaminingly fast and reliable wi-fi at home that handles over 10 devices at any given time" husband if the bad tv signal could have anything to do with the fact that wi-fi wasn't working - and the RFID access to the room often took waving the card keys in all sorts of directions. To all of those married women on the board - surprise, this is what I got in response :rotfl2::lmao::rolleyes2 (mind you I have a BS in computer science).

The electrical apprentice, Sean - wonderful guy - came up to fix the tv. He said that the tv burnt out (actually to be specific, the motherboard) because our tv and many, many others had never been recalibrated for the new Directv signal. It was causing tvs all over to burn out. And, he said that in the case of WDW - the tv, the wi-fi, and the RFID were all related to that signal!! Once he set the signal correctly, recalibrated everything and replaced the tv (all within 30 minutes) everything worked well - INCLUDING wi-fi - never had another single problem with the speed of connecting or downloading for the rest of our trip. Although, we never had much success with having more than one wireless device working in the room at the same time.

So, if you have a problem with your tv - don't hesitate to ask ... and in the end it might also help your wi-fi.

Everyone at BC/YC enjoy - glitches and all. Everyone looking forward to it - Hakuna Matata - no worries. And to those of us who've just come back :cloud9: :worship: - embrace the memories ...

KayJ, georgiasmom and PinkGirl (and others) that have reported back during HH's upgrade and other construction....Thank you. Your reports and pictures have helped many that are coming get a feel of what to expect. Disney does not always give out the best information so every little bit we get helps. And you guys have given a ton. Thanks again.:thanks:

Had to check in. spent the morning listening to vacation club pitch and WE BOUGHT!

Congrats!! Right after I took my pool bar photo, the skies opened up again- we have had bad luck trying to spend time at SAB! Full day at MK for us today, but hopefully will sneak in some pool time before we head off to the luau- we're meeting my sis & her family for dinner at the Poly...

I have just gone through the last dozen or so pages and tried to welcome guests with newly booked trips and answer any outstanding questions.

Then I lost the post I had been working on all morning! #$%^^&@@

I HATE the little below the keyboard mouse pad thingy.

Here we go again:

So happy to have discovered this thread!
We have never stayed at the YC/BC before, but my sis & her family just returned from the BC and she said it was the BEST vacation they have ever had. We're going to the YC in December.

Looking forward to all the tips & reports. :goodvibes

:welcome:

:cool1:

I'll add you to the list.

I made my reservations! I will be back at the Beach Club 10/13 - 10/21 and am suprising DH and DD with club level!! :cool1:

:welcome: back!!!

:woohoo:

Just booked YC CL for July 25th - Aug. 4th 2013. This after just being home from YC 4 weeks ago. You can add me to the list.

:welcome: back!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Adding you to the list.

10/4-9 YC Birthday

:welcome:

:yay:

What view can you get with a Garden View CL room at the YC? ... The view is not of the parking lot and/or rooftop, is it? ... Thanx :)

Let us know if/when you book a trip to the YC if you want to be added to the guest list.

Any other DISers going to be there Sep 8-14? I'll be the frazzled guy with the three hyper daughters zooming around the pool. Care to join me in a drink?

Check out the Be Our Guest list to see others visiting the same time you are.

Staying at YC right now. Anything else let me know here till Wednesday!

Safe and speedy travels home! Gonna be better than last year, I bet.

Is the fridge that is in the room large enough to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk, 1/2 gallon of O.J., 1/2 gallon of apple juice and some bottles of water?

Can we get juice w/our souvineer cups or only pop?

There's a picture on Page 1 (Post 12, near the end) of the fridge with a half gallon in the door. Not sure if more half-gallons will fit in the main compartment. Anyone know?

I've seen people mention that BC/YC guests are allowed to use the gym facilities at BW while the renovation is going on--would this extend to the showers/lockers as well? We were thinking of visiting SAB on our last day, so we will already be checked out and will need a place to shower and change...it seems pretty inconvenient though to have to walk all the way down the boardwalk in our bathing suits to take a shower :(

Bump

I assume the showers and lockers will be closed too, not sure how long. Anyone know?

Which room was this?

Thanks so much for your detailed review and helpful info!

It was room #5659. Two queens, no daybed, full balcony. Not huge, but much bigger than our room down the hall two years ago that overlooked SAB. It was only a few doors down from the lounge and elevator, too!

I'm moving my "baby" back into college today, so won't have time to post my other reviews, but they are coming! Getting back to work after three weeks vacation is NOT easy....In the meantime, here are a few random photos....
Our room is the one next to where the yellow flag is pointing.

View from our balcony, with me holding my favorite Club Level lounge snack!

Sunrise over the Yacht and Beach....I took this on one of my morning walks. It was so unbelievably peaceful.

Here is a video I took one morning, hope you can see it, the quality is not that great:

@ KJay-

Thanks for taking the time to share the awesome and very helpful pictures of the food options at SAB and the health club accomodations! I would like to add a post to first page to give people a place to find info about the current renovations projects.

With your permission, I would like to add your photos.

Gymnarium?

Solnasium?

What do you guys like?

Thanks!

Dee

It is almost that time!

If you are staying club level in September, could you do me a favor and ask IPO to send you a file with the activities schedule for the month?

Please PM or email to me at beachclubdee@yahoo.com

I'll post when I get one.

Thanks!

Yesterday was another great day. Started out at the Vacation Club offices. I've always wanted to buy but thought DH would never go for it. We decided to go listen bc they said it was an hour and we each got 3 anytime fast passes. We ended up being there 4 hours but I left happy as a member. We got 33 fast passes! My SIL also bought and she got 33 fast passes!

From there we went to Magic Kingdom. Tried to have lunch at Columbia Harbor House but they didn't have any gluten free bread. Went to Pecos Bill's instead. Did Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Thunder Mt, Tiki Room and Hall of Presidents (my fav I work in politics). Tried to do Dumbo but bailed on the wait. We did go to the new totally cool inside waiting area. It's like a kids playground. You get a pager and keep your spot in line while your kids play in in an conditioned room. Totally Disney genius. DD did 2 lands of Sorcerers. DH had is first Dole Whip and loved it. Also saw the parade for the 3rd time this trip.

Around 700 we took the monorail to the Contemporary for our 730 ADR's at California Grill. Got to the MK station just as the skies opened up! When we got to CG you couldn't see ANYTHING out the windows! Great seats, great dinner. In a few minutes the sky started to clear. By fireworks we got a great show. Had to take a cab back bc we didn't leave until about 1020. (Service was kind of slow but we weren't in a hurry so we didn't mind)

Slept late and having a slow morning now. Heading to AK then dinner at Boma.

KayJ are you guys planning any day at Typhoon Lagoon? We are but haven't nailed down day yet.

Amy

Yesterday was another great day. Started out at the Vacation Club offices. I've always wanted to buy but thought DH would never go for it. We decided to go listen bc they said it was an hour and we each got 3 anytime fast passes. We ended up being there 4 hours but I left happy as a member. We got 33 fast passes! My SIL also bought and she got 33 fast passes!

Congratulations! I can't tell you how many times we have gone back and forth about DVC...should have bought into BC years ago. That is great news, good for you! Which resort did you buy into? And what a nice bonus with those Fastpasses:)

We bought Animal Kingdom. I probably won't ever stay there but they were only selling that and BLT. BLT was much more expensive per point. Since we almost always travel at low season we should have no probably booking at BC or BLT which is where we would want to stay.

We'll probably also use it for non Disney trips to the affiliated resorts

A

PS They also had great incentives right now. We got our points for this year (usually you wait till March) and Disney bought us 10 extra points. SO we have 110 and my SIL has 110 that's a lot for our times of travel

950A51BD-D480-41E6-BB7B-A5372E432245-1377-00000089C1B1AF8B.jpg

Talked to pool server Rocky- in addition to the hotdog cart, several food options can be ordered from the pool servers- cheeseburgers, turkey sandwich, vegetable sandwich, and a few others (but no grilled chhese)

1603E531-88CA-4C27-9825-CE407337228B-1377-00000089B2912E73.jpg

Full standard bar, but frozen options are limited to pina colada and strawberry daquiri (from machines).

A0087A75-A2DE-4FDC-ADA0-9239E923C88A-1377-000000899FB3BB67.jpg

Poor pic, but the left front corner of the arcade has been converted to a grab&go station. There were some hot catering trays looking like they were ready to serve hot food here as well, but none of the CMs could tell me what/when/if that was happening. They are all still trying to figure out how this is going to work, and a few CMs told me they'd have it all figured out in a week or so...

Thanks for the info! Rocky is awesome...we met her when we stayed at BC in May. Looking forward to seeing her again.

KJay said:
Congrats!! Right after I took my pool bar photo, the skies opened up again- we have had bad luck trying to spend time at SAB! Full day at MK for us today, but hopefully will sneak in some pool time before we head off to the luau- we're meeting my sis & her family for dinner at the Poly...

Took my nieces and sisters for 11 days back in 2006. They still joke and laugh about how in that ENTIRE time we never made it to the pool!!!!

I try to make sure that doesn't happen anymore.

I have called both the BC and YC and no one seems to know anything about the closing. I inquired about cocktails by the pool and was transferred to a dead line. We will be at the BC next week and the YC in Oct. I hope they have some answers soon.

Don't think I have you on the guest list for either trip. If you would like to be added, let me know.

:goodvibes

Don't think I have you on the guest list for either trip. If you would like to be added, let me know.

:goodvibes

Thanks! We will just be staying 1 night at the BC Sept.6 ...trying to use up the last 2 days left on our Armed Forces Salute tickets before they expire.

We are also going to F&W and staying at the YC Oct.3/4.

I just checked and it looks like the following people will be at the "complex" while we are there.

MaxTheHorse Sept 1-8 YC
iluvpluto27 Sept 2 - Sept 14 BC
chaoscent Sept 2-8 BCV (Pin Trading event)
Susan121302 Sept 7-15 BCV studio

I changed our time till the 8th as we leave very early Sunday morning. So hopefully I run into some of you. I will be the older pooh sized woman on an ECV, sporting a green hat and tan vest covered with pins, carrying a Flat Ben. I won't be hard to miss. :lmao: Since I ran out of time to make new shirts for every day of this trip, I will probably make a few License Plates for the front/back of the ECV.

So please stop and say hi if you see me. My DH doesn't believe my imaginary friends really exist. :rolleyes1 In all of our trips down there he has seen only one of my t-shirts (I make DISigns on the Creative DISigns forum) and nary a person sporting lime green. So hopefully this trip will be different. Take care and hope to see you there. Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter