• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
News Live from BC:

Arrived back at the hotel this afternoon to find 2 letters from BC management.

#1 says that the Stone Harbor Club will be closed for refurbishment beginning tomorrow, August 27th. No end date is given. While the refurbishment is being done guests will use the Presidential Suite as the club lounge.

#2 says that they will be replacing carpets throughout the resort from 10am-5pm beginning Monday.

So add these to the closures of Hurricane Hanna's and the gym and you've got a hotel that's missing a lot of its amenities... It's interesting to me that they would plan all of this at once.

I'm not one to complain, I'm actually pretty easy to please but it does seem like there's A LOT of closures/refabs going on all at once:headache: We do not arrive until Nov 25 but with no end date on some of these projects I'm wondering how much will/won't be finished by then.

Laurie

793157f2f8884882b5e6500dc5eb2a5a.jpg

Testing the photobucket app- thanks havoc!

Gorgeous view!!!

Bet it will be really pretty when the sun is shining!

Just want to say thanks for everyone just returning and at the BC/YC now giving us reports about all of the work going on.

A lot of this work is news to me!

We appreciate the on-the-scene reports!!!

Dee

And maybe I am in the minority, but I am BUMMED I'm missing the lounge in the Presidential Suite! I would have LOVED to have seen this. The BC CL Lounge is nothing great, but to have the chance to check our the Pres. would be awesome. The views are great from there, and I can't imagine it's any smaller than the regular lounge. Someone please post pictures!!

Good point!

Hi all!
I'm writing this with a heavy heart on our last morning here. This was truly a magical trip that I won't soon forget. Starting our trip off at BC with our surprise upgrade to the VP suite made memories that will last a lifetime! Before this trip, we thought we were die hard BWI fans, but that's no longer the case. That's not to say that we won't stay at BWI anymore, but we will be adding BC (and possibly YC) to our roster, basically saying that as long as we're anywhere on the Epcot resort loop (yes, even at S & D), we'll be happy.

To those who followed me on Twitter, I hope we were somewhat interesting. I'd planned to do a lot more tweeting, but a usual, vacation got in the way!

To Teena, Chip, Jill and the rest o the BC staff, bravo! We felt more than taken care of for our entire stay.

Finally, to Dee and the YC/BC thread members, thanks for being the most informative AND social thread around! I tend to avoid the Dis a bit after each vacation, only because I get too jealous and miss WDW so! The good news is that we're already planning an April return and you'd better believe I'm going to push for BC/YC!

To those going soon....I hate all of you. :-) (RNRC anyone?)
For real. Have a wonderful time, roll with the punches. When you see construction, find something else beautiful to look at, and if you get a Juliet balcony ( Heaven forbid), take the opportunity to brush up your Shakespeare.

Oh and at both BC and BWI, we never waited more than 5 min for a bus to or from a park, so don't waste your time worrying about that.

Ok. I'm done now. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi all!
I'm writing this with a heavy heart on our last morning here.

So glad you had a fantastic trip!!!

I'll be contacting you after you are settled back at home to see if I can add your photos of the VP suite to the BC Deluxe Room thread.

Wishing you a Safe journey back!

Dee

Staying at YC right now. We got a note in our room regarding the gym. You can either use equipment at the new location (solarium) or at the Boardwalk. As well as Hurricane Hannahs which closed today the barber shop is also closed at the resort. We were told pool side that they will be serving bar drinks and some food at the tube rental booth at the pool. With Issac's rain today not sure if I will make it to the pool to confirm.

Anything else let me know here till Wednesday!

I'm checking into the Yacht Club today. Since it's going to be rainy I am just going to be sticking around the resort all day. I will take some photos of the changes and post them to my twitter @ykstivan and on here. Let me know if there is any specific areas you want pictures of.

Thanks for the update Scott MC. And to everyone there now thanks for the updates (and pictures!)

To everyone going and worrying about the construction.....It will bother you as much as you let it. We go in January so as you can imagine we have seen our share of all types of construction. Inside, outside, pool......

Please remember the comments you see on the boards about things looking tired and rundown. As you can imagine they do get there share of use. It's the Y&BC after all (and Poly, and BWI and CR etc....) and they are extremely popular resorts. They have to be upgraded. It's the only way they can keep up. Does it stink that it happens during your visit. Sure. Like I've said I've been there. Last year it was the painting. This year the interior and pool. It will continue.

Disney does their best to hide it but somethings you just can't hide.

Go. You will have fun. Can't count the times on these boards I've seen folks worrying and fretting for months over construction/upgrades that will be happening while they are there. Occasionally they will come back and complain. But 90% of the time they come back as say what a wonderful time they had and everything worked out fine. A lot of the pre-trip worriers never come back. I take that as a good sign. I feel like if it was a bad experience they would surely let us know.

So go enjoy. Like I said, it's not the perfect scenerio but life seldom is. But there is a ton 'o fun to be had a WDW!

Agree that refurbs are a necessary part of keeping the place looking great.
But I confess to being bummed when refurb happens during my stay.

Any word on how long the gym will be in the Solarium?

Thanks for the update Scott MC. And to everyone there now thanks for the updates (and pictures!)

To everyone going and worrying about the construction.....It will bother you as much as you let it. We go in January so as you can imagine we have seen our share of all types of construction. Inside, outside, pool......

Please remember the comments you see on the boards about things looking tired and rundown. As you can imagine they do get there share of use. It's the Y&BC after all (and Poly, and BWI and CR etc....) and they are extremely popular resorts. They have to be upgraded. It's the only way they can keep up. Does it stink that it happens during your visit. Sure. Like I've said I've been there. Last year it was the painting. This year the interior and pool. It will continue.

Disney does their best to hide it but somethings you just can't hide.

Go. You will have fun. Can't count the times on these boards I've seen folks worrying and fretting for months over construction/upgrades that will be happening while they are there. Occasionally they will come back and complain. But 90% of the time they come back as say what a wonderful time they had and everything worked out fine. A lot of the pre-trip worriers never come back. I take that as a good sign. I feel like if it was a bad experience they would surely let us know.

So go enjoy. Like I said, it's not the perfect scenerio but life seldom is. But there is a ton 'o fun to be had a WDW!

You are right, thanks!
I am bringing my brother for his first trip (well, he went once as a very small child--but it's been more than 25 years and he doesn't remember much at all!) so I am so worried about everything being perfect. But nothing is perfect and it will be wonderful no matter what!:thumbsup2

Is the fridge that is in the room large enough to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk, 1/2 gallon of O.J., 1/2 gallon of apple juice and some bottles of water?

Can we get juice w/our souvineer cups or only pop?

My first check in since we arrived last Wednesday! Pouring out thanks to Isaac! The Beach Club is as lovely as ever! Only thing missing is Teena!!

Lots of refurbishment going on here. Hurricane Hannah's, Ship Shape Health Club (Moved to
the Solarium) the beauty salon (Perriwigs?) and the Stone Harbor Club (Moved to the Newport Suite) are all being refurbed/updated.

They have done a great job of keeping it all seemless. Tomorrow is our last day so depression quickly setting in! Only thing saving me is that I booked the Bounceback for the same week next year!!

Will try to update more if possible!

Jay

Question about the bus from BC to MK. We want to be there for rope drop. What time should be out at the bus stop on a day the MK opens at 9? Thanks!

Busses run every 20 minutes from BC and it takes about 10 minures to get to the park. BC is the last stop before MK which saves time.

Is the fridge that is in the room large enough to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk, 1/2 gallon of O.J., 1/2 gallon of apple juice and some bottles of water?

Can we get juice w/our souvineer cups or only pop?

Just had a look in our fridge - we have quart of milk, couple bottles of beer, few cans of Bud and few bottles of 20oz water. I think quarts would be a struggle.

Dont think there is juice at the refill stations - just pop and tea/coffee

Oh the shame of it - I just had to have the AC on heat! Going to get our ponchos on and head over to Epcot.

Anyone know if Crescent Lake ever floods lol :rotfl:

To those at BC today, we asked about activities for the kids and we just got a call saying that there will be activities from 1:30 to 5:00 at the Drawing Room. One thing my kids miss at this resort is the Community Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter