2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping it is ok to post this here:flower3:

You have all inspired me. :thumbsup2As I have posted before I have stayed at all of the deluxes except the GF and the BC/YC. Since we are DVC I have stayed at the AKL, OKW, BW & BLT for my last 8 trips. This year I decided to try something new so I am staying at the Beach Club Villas. After spending months on this foum preparing for this trip, I knew I was going to love it. :goodvibes Now, in the way of explanation, I am a DISigner on the Creative DISign Forum. I make shirts for each of my trips. I have shirts for WL, OKW, BW and AKL. Normally I have to ask for help with the "I Love" shirts as I couldn't make the globe for the Mickey Head. Well this year when I wanted to make one for when I met Teena, I decided I wanted to do it all of the components myself. So I asked a fellow PI DISigner, she gave me step by step directions and here is one of the results.

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIsFinala1.jpg

If you would like to see the other ones, they are here.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2976815

Thanks everyone for all of the advice over the last few months. We leave in less than two weeks and I can hardly wait. :hippie: Penny

I found out today the IPO I emailed our flight information to never actually entered it in the computer. (I have the email from her confirming it was all taken care of :confused:) So now we were told that we wouldn't be getting our tags until 2-3 days before we leave!! :headache: I am so disappointed in the IPO & freaked out to have to wait & hope it gets here in time.

We never got our tags in the mail and when we went to check in at airport they had our old resort that printed out. They fixed in a few min. But we arrived late at night and didn't have a participating airline so we had to get our bags anyway. Hope you get them before you go.

I read on another site that the Flying Jib slide was closed for repairs- does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!

So we got to BC at about 9:45, and Teena was fabulous....amazing.....and the kindest person ever.

There was this giant dump truck in front of the respect though.
And Tinkerbell was driving.
And it was full of Pixie Dust.
And they dropped all of it on us.

I'm writing this from the master bedroom of the Nantucket (Vice Presidential) Suite. DP cried and I don't think I spoke for over 1/2 hour. CM Chip was the sweetest and all I could mutter was "Wow," and "Thank You" over and over again.....very quietly...I was practically muttering.

I'm over the moon, devastatingly humbled, and floating on a cloud of Pixie Dust.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Can't believe our vaca is almost over. We have spent 9 wonderful days here at the BC and leave tomorrow night. Having never visited in August, and reading a few negative reviews about crowds & weather at this time of year, I really went in preparing for the worse & hoping for the best....all I can say is we were very pleasantly surprised! Yes it has been hot but not as bad as we thought and as for crowds, we found some parks to be much lighter than expected and others to be manageable (we found Epcot crowds extremely light compared to F&W crowds). We've gone to SAB everyday with the exception of yesterday due to the weather, and have always managed to find chairs). We just spent a wonderful day at SAB and the slide is definitely up & running. We also did a first today and tackled the kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream. Although we didn't quite finish it, we truly enjoyed every bite ;). Not sure if we just got lucky with the weather & crowds but we cannot get over what a great week it's been and are actually thinking about another August stay next year. Extending our trip to a 10 day stay really gave us the opportunity to stop &
smell the roses so to speak...we've managed to do all the "musts" and yet
managed quite a bit of downtime as well - something we don't always get to
do. I'm so glad that I ignored the negative comments about August and while I'm sad to be leaving tomorrow, I'm so excited about planning another vacation.

So we got to BC at about 9:45, and Teena was fabulous....amazing.....and the kindest person ever.

I'm writing this from the master bedroom of the Nantucket (Vice Presidential) Suite. DP cried and I don't think I spoke for over 1/2 hour. CM Chip was the sweetest and all I could mutter was "Wow," and "Thank You" over and over again.....very quietly...I was practically muttering.

I'm over the moon, devastatingly humbled, and floating on a cloud of Pixie Dust.

Just watched your video.....WOW!!! Have a great vacation!! :cool1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbzQikgNP84&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hey ScottMC....I'm going to go ahead and post the link to your YouTube video for the folks not following you on Twitter. Amazing!

Scott MC said:

O........M...........G!!!!!!!! Enjoy! Don't you just LOVE Tinkerbell and all the MAGICAL things she does for each and every ONE of us!!!

Scott MC said:

Wow! How'd you manage that?? Enjoy!!!! :-)

Scott- that is incredible!!! Congratulations! Enjoy! (and please take lots of pictures)

Mike- thanks so much for posting the video link for those of us who are not on Twitter!

WOW!!!! That is so very cool!

Have a magical trip and enjoy every minute of this time with your family! pixiedust:

SQUEEE!!!!!!!! (That's what NM does when she can't speak!)

I am so glad that you are sharing all of this with us. Let me tell you I really needed to hear something good today... My Mom is in the hospital and it's not good. I needed to go on the Dis to decompress and this was that BOMB!
Thank you, thank you, Thank you! :yay: :hug:

Can't believe our vaca is almost over. We have spent 9 wonderful days here at the BC and leave tomorrow night. Having never visited in August, and reading a few negative reviews about crowds & weather at this time of year, I really went in preparing for the worse & hoping for the best....all I can say is we were very pleasantly surprised! Yes it has been hot but not as bad as we thought and as for crowds, we found some parks to be much lighter than expected and others to be manageable (we found Epcot crowds extremely light compared to F&W crowds). We've gone to SAB everyday with the exception of yesterday due to the weather, and have always managed to find chairs). We just spent a wonderful day at SAB and the slide is definitely up & running. We also did a first today and tackled the kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream. Although we didn't quite finish it, we truly enjoyed every bite ;). Not sure if we just got lucky with the weather & crowds but we cannot get over what a great week it's been and are actually thinking about another August stay next year. Extending our trip to a 10 day stay really gave us the opportunity to stop &
smell the roses so to speak...we've managed to do all the "musts" and yet
managed quite a bit of downtime as well - something we don't always get to
do. I'm so glad that I ignored the negative comments about August and while I'm sad to be leaving tomorrow, I'm so excited about planning another vacation.

Woo Hoo! :woohoo:
The best way to survive the end of the trip is to start planning the next one! Thanks for pointing out that it doesn't pay to worry. Sometimes we get too consumed by the small things and stress out before the trip. I've found that this only wears me down so I have less energy by the time the trip happens. I'm really working on not sweating the small stuff.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the details of your trip. I find myself realizing that I might not have the energy for the usual commando trip with all the changes I have experienced from my cancer surgery. It's very reassuring to know that Disney is the kind of place where I can slow down and really enjoy all the many other things that the parks and resorts offer, instead of charging ahead with the thundering herds on the way to "Soar Story Mountain".

WDW really is delicious with all of the layers of entertainment that are offered. I always tell people that wonder why we go, that WDW is the best vacation value per dollar spent. That's the sort of thing that you either 'get' or you don't!

Don't be too sad when the Magical Depress comes to drag you home. :crazy2: Just tell yourself you'll be back again soon! :hug:

~NM

cindydare said:
Just watched your video.....WOW!!! Have a great vacation!! :cool1:

It can't get much better!

MickeyT said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbzQikgNP84&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hey ScottMC....I'm going to go ahead and post the link to your YouTube video for the folks not following you on Twitter. Amazing!

Thanks for doing that.... And yes amazing is the operative word.

YCFAN said:
O........M...........G!!!!!!!! Enjoy! Don't you just LOVE Tinkerbell and all the MAGICAL things she does for each and every ONE of us!!!

Peter Pan is my fave movie!

Koh1977 said:
Wow! How'd you manage that?? Enjoy!!!! :-)

We didn't do anything, just a tremendous staff with buckets of .... Well.... Sand! And pixie dust!

natebenma said:
Scott- that is incredible!!! Congratulations! Enjoy! (and please take lots of pictures)

Mike- thanks so much for posting the video link for those of us who are not on Twitter!

Done and done!

NHKristy76 said:
WOW!!!! That is so very cool!

Have a magical trip and enjoy every minute of this time with your family! pixiedust:
I am!

Currently in the GF lobby waiting for the deluge to let up so we can face to Narcoossee's! Yay for anniversary dinner!

Wow! I am so jealous...umm I mean happy for you...no wait, jealous....hold on, make that happy for you...I give up. Is it alright if I'm both?!?!

Have an awesome time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter