2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

When Bob and I see the lines for the characters on the Disney cruises, we just shake our heads. Bob says no way will he spend his cruise in lines for the characters. I laugh because all Lily will have to say is "PopPop I want to see Cinderella" and there goes PopPop and Lily in the line. Thank goodness right now she likes to look at the characters from a distance. The minute you get close to them, she shakes her finger at them and says "no no no no no".

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. GraceMonica

GraceMonica DIS Veteran

I have 114 days to catch up! I'm looking forward to it! :goodvibes

I'm really excited! I was originally going to stay at POR...but now that my (ex) boyfriend isn't coming and my sister is, we have a bigger budget (I was going to pay for everything for him...now that my sister will be taking his place it'll save me a few hundred on his tickets and dining!)

We considered staying at BLT...but the thought of being so far away from Epcot made me sad! PLUS I'm close to Hollywood Studios...which is my favorite park! :thumbsup2

4. jakeybake

jakeybake DIS Veteran

Bob, I feel your pain!!!!

I had to put a small kitchen together for Sofie one Christmas and between the parts and the stickers it took me like 4 hours!! If after an hour someone told me they would put it together for me for $1,000 I would of taken them up on it!!

So glad that Lily and Jeanne will be there at Christmas. How much fun is that going to be!! Nothing better!!

Jay

5. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

My husband does the exact same thing when I pick up the phone to call Disney reservations! :sad2:

~NM

6. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Best Disney deal I've ever seen on the interwebs....:thumbsup2

7. btk2333

btk2333 BCV DVC owner

Haha fantastic! Always nice to find a way to have some extra spending money at WDW!!!;)

8. CT Disney

CT Disney Mouseketeer

These pictures are great! And, Teena, the ironic thing is that, in the long run, these pictures will be treasured by Lily even more than the castle. Long after she's outgrown the toy she'll have these pictures as a testament to how much her grandfather loves her. The candid pictures always tell a better, truer story than the posed ones. :goodvibes

9. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as everyone here does. Be sure to check out the first page of this thread. It has a great deal of information.

LOL! How cute!

10. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

We will be celebrating our 200 Days to Disney mark this weekend. Unfortunately I re-injured my knee the weekend before Halloween and I may have a tear that is not showing up on the MRI. Today I am going to go get my knee drained and a cortizone shot. If this doesn't work then surgery.....:headache:

My only goal that I told my doc is to be walking normally by June for our Disney trip!!!! I've been in pain for 3 weeks and now I'm on crutches and I walk a lot in my job. My focus today while getting the shots will be me sitting by the pool at the Y&BC while sipping on a cocktail in the sun.....:cloud9:

(By the way I injured my knee up at my parent's place in Michigan while helping my DD16 clean a kayak that she swore had a spider in it. My knee snapped one way while lifting the kayak filled with water while the kayak weight went the other way...who knew.)

11. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

Thanks @Natebenma!

12. Monique4

Monique4 Earning My Ears

How long is the walk from Beach Club to the Dolphin? How long from Beach Club to Boardwalk? Just trying to plan our trip! Thanks!

13. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Welcome Monique :wave2:.

From the outside door....5 minutes to each. Location, Location, Location :).

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

My youngest used to scream like someone was murdering her if Santa got too close :eek:

My husband has given up :rotfl:

15. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
    Lets face it you made the right choice;) You will love the Beach Club:thumbsup2

Teena-love the photos of Bob. He looks so proud of himself:) Isnt it amazing what Grandas will do for their little princesses:goodvibes

16. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say "Hi Neighbor!!!!!!" I'm in North Central CT.

17. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

:scratchinA husband epiphany!:scratchin

Ladies are taught by their Moms who teach their daughters who teach....

18. rmgreenesq

rmgreenesq Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I've just returned from four magical days and two magical nights (ran the Wine & Dine Half Marathon - no so magical) at the Beach Club. I'd like to contact the management to tell them what a wonderful job Terri in the Itinerary Planning office did.

I gave her a challenge: A romantic dinner for my wife and myself that was not in a theme park. She set us up with a table for two in the California Grill, at 7:30 with a fabulous view of the Magic Kingdom's firework show. It was wonderful. We had a great time, and I think Terri's boss ought to know about her good work.

Whom do I write?

Rick

19. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

Dolphin - Under 5 minutes.
    Boardwalk - Under 5 minutes.
    Epcot - Under 5 minutes.
    Hollywood Studios - 15-20 minutes.

:cool1: It is like a small community of hotels. We love the Beach Club and being able to walk to the other hotels and theme parks. Best location/resort in WDW!!!

20. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

I have the info for you but so you know... There is a table of contents on the first page of this thread. If you go down to FAQ's and General Info it takes you to FAQ's & General Info. This is the page where you can find the following (posted here for your convenience) :thumbsup2

Glad you had a great time and hope this helps! :)

21. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss. I'm glad that you had help through the CL staff to take care of the tickets so your kids didn't need to go through that nonsense. Hope you had a safe trip home and take care of your family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.