2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Missoutandabout, love the plan you've come up with! I was on the side of 4 + 1 so I think you'll have a great week. Looks like there's plenty of down time to enjoy BC. Besides throwing in two nights at PO. I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip in less than two weeks :scared1: but haven't gotten crazy yet. I'm a little scared of the June heat in Florida. Although we'll be experiencing some of that here this weekend it sounds. I'm not too far from your neck of the woods. Heck, our air conditioning isn't working either so I'm really going to be getting use to the heat also. Just wish I had a stormalong bay in my backyard. ;) Enjoy your Disney planning!

We are going in August on a bounce back offer from our trip in March. Assuming there is another bounce back offer in our room this summer, when do you think those dates will be good for? We like to go at the end of August..... Too late? :confused3

I doubt they will be out for 2013 dates except MAYBE a short free dining window for August/Sept 2013.

You are not able to include requests when you are doing the online checkin. Any requests must be added to your reservation, either by phone to the Disney reservation number or by your travel agent if you booked that way.

I haven't heard that faxing in a request to the BC/YC has been successful- I don't have the info on page 1.

What is your request?

How tight is the timing for your ADR?

I honestly don't think checkin is ever backed up too long at the Yacht or Beach. The best chance to make sure your request is met is to ask at the regular checkin before you get your keys. That will give the checkin CM the opportunity to see if your request was met and if not, to see if there is a room available that better suits your needs.

This info is on Page 1, Post 12 (the FAQ Section)

Since we are staying at the YC, I don't have to request a balcony. I would even be fine with a patio. I just don't want to go out on the balcony and be near a designated smoking area. We have put in the request via the phone. Our plane lands at 3:45 and we have 6:35 reservations at Rose and Crown. Then it is off to an illumination cruise. we need to exchsnge our vouchrrs fir tickets and get a table in wonderland membership. i want to try to get to the restaurant early so we hsve enough time.

Jenij, I just looked at the online check-in page. The request area is limited to a few check-off boxes, and you are not able to type in anything. You can request small balcony, large balcony, first floor, and I think one other thing. If your request is something different, you should call the WDW reservation center, and tell them you want to add a request to an existing reservation, and they will type it right in for you. They don't do faxes anymore. Good luck!

Thanks. I didn't even see the check off boxes. I'll try again tonight when i am at my own computer.

Thanks! I actually asked the question on the Mom's Panel and this was the response:

The Club Level lounge is divided into two sections.
One area serves adult beverages while the other area serves snacks, soft drinks, fruit and other light treats throughout the day. Your boys will most definitely be able to visit the snack and beverage area any time they please and you don't need to accompany them. They should, however, be sure to have a Key To The World Card with them, to present as identification as Club Level Guests of the resort.

Thanks so much for choosing to visit the Moms Panel with your great question.

Wishing you a simply Magical time at Walt Disney World Carla!

Kirsten

So, I'm happy I asked. My boys will be well aware that if I see or get a report of inappropriate behavior, they will lose the privilege of going in alone. I kind of figured the cut off would be age 10 seeing as in Disney's eyes they are considered "adults" at that age. :rotfl::yay:

Unfortunately they gave you some incorrect information.

The refreshments at the CL lounge are in a U shaped area. There is not separate area for the adult beverages. It is also somewhat of a small area.
I would check it out youself before making a decision.

Missoutandabout I too think you have a great plan now! We usually only do one day (or half a day) in DTD. It always seems to be enough for us. Great use of your last day too! Now time just has to keep moving forward so your trip get here :hourglass My vacations follows yours!:woohoo:

Can I just say how jealous I am of all of you going during Star Wars Weekend(s)? :worship: I hope some of you can post some pics! The hubs and I -- and even the indoctrinated-to-geekdom 5 year old -- would flip out if we ever managed to go when that's on.

lurker here...I agree, your new plan is a winner! :thumbsup2

I currently have a split stay for BC and WL June 19-26. The WL was a last minute addition and I've since been debating changing resorts since BC is not available our last two nights. I was thinking of those Royal Suites over at POR, but it really depends on what we do for the last two days of our vacation. The advantage of WL would be a boat ride away to MK and I plan to take advantage of extra magic night hours on Sunday night. Monday maybe a water park and Tuesday we have an evening flight at 7:30 pm so we have a good part of the day to do something...haven't decided what.

Thanks! WL is on our "list." Maybe one of these years we'll get to do a split stay with WL and BC. :idea: BC is now a full-fledged permanent. I've sworn off looking at any other resorts with this latest plan. :laughing:

Missoutandabout, love the plan you've come up with! I was on the side of 4 + 1 so I think you'll have a great week. Looks like there's plenty of down time to enjoy BC. Besides throwing in two nights at PO. I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip in less than two weeks :scared1: but haven't gotten crazy yet. I'm a little scared of the June heat in Florida. Although we'll be experiencing some of that here this weekend it sounds. I'm not too far from your neck of the woods. Heck, our air conditioning isn't working either so I'm really going to be getting use to the heat also. Just wish I had a stormalong bay in my backyard. ;) Enjoy your Disney planning!

Thank you. :goodvibes You are close by! Down-the-road neighbours. :thumbsup2 You're not getting anxious yet? With no working AC, you'll be set for FL in June... no worries. Could you imagine having something like SAB in your own backyard? Disney would have a tough job tearing me away. Well until October - May rolled around, that is...

I've just booked our outbound flights; don't care about the return, just hope I don't forget to book them eventually. That'd make for an interesting last day... :thumbsup2 I'm now tidying up my spreadsheet with the two hotel reservations and my whopping 3 ADRs. Trying Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time; I'm always at a loss for what to do food-wise at MK. Epcot is always a no-brainer for us: Grey Goose Slushies, Cider, School Bread and various other horrendously fattening snacks and adult beverages. :rolleyes1

We'll be there at the same time!! (I just had to post to take a look at my ticker!) and I am so ready to get back to the Beach Club and Disney too!!

I am so ready to go now! Originally this trip was me, DH, DD and DSIL staying at the BCV. Then we got the FD so my younger DD and her friend decided to join us so they have a room at BC. We have deluxe dining because we are doing alot of signature restaurants! I know its going to be a lot of food but we loved Artist Point last visit so we decided to try more signature restaurants.

We will be going to Brown Derby, Kouzzina for breakfast, Flying Fish, Citricos, Yak & Yeti, Yachtsman, Kona Cafe for breakfast, California Grille, Le Chefs, Jiko and Via Napoli. We have one meal left that we will eat somewhere in MK.

Plus we will be there for the soft opening on Friday and the first Saturday of F&W! Add in how much I love the bakery in Germany and their caramelly gooey sweetness, and my weight is in serious trouble!:eek: And I'll have to wash it all down with grand manier slushies! :rolleyes1 I think I had better bring larger pants to wear home.:scared1:

Just booked hotel only for Nov 15 2013- So I guess I am the first for Nov 2013 at the YC CL. Let the planning begin.

So today my DH say to me "why are we flying home on 7/3. The next day is the 4th of July, I don't have to work so why are we coming home on the 3rd ?"

I loved that question and his logic so we just added a day to our BC trip. :cool1:
We are now there 6/27-7/4. What started out as a weekend trip has blossomed to a full week :rolleyes1

Just an FYI, that answer is not accurate regarding separate areas for adult beverages and other snacks/drinks. There is only one area for food/drinks in the lounge. The wine/cordials are on the same counter as the food and the beer is in the same cooler as the soda.

I was going to say the same thing (actually ask if it was different at BC). CR CL does not separate things either. It is just one area so I found the answer a little strange. Do any of the CL lounges separate the adult beverages from the other stuff? I mean I know at CR there was 1 fridge and in the evening it had soda, juice and beer all together for anyone to access.

I was going to say the same thing (actually ask if it was different at BC). CR CL does not separate things either. It is just one area so I found the answer a little strange. Do any of the CL lounges separate the adult beverages from the other stuff? I mean I know at CR there was 1 fridge and in the evening it had soda, juice and beer all together for anyone to access.

I only have personal experience with CL at BC and Poly. But from what I have read up on the other lounges, I have never gotten the impression that any of them have separate areas for adult beverages.

Congratulations on 10 years!! :) What a wonderful way to celebrate!

I'm very excited to go for Halloween, my fav holiday :) A LITTLE nervous about going solo, never done that before, but I think once I get there I'll be just fine :thumbsup2

You are going to have a BLAST! Don't worry about the solo part - you're going to have so much fun & be so relaxed by the end of it all. Happy for you :)

Get those feet well Nannette. Very important component on Disney/Daughter trips. (Didn't know about your latest round until you were in recovery mode!)

:dancer:To all our family members leaving within the next week.:dancer:
CindyBeth
shellbelle76
troynkasey
jmkrat
P'colaBeachBum (Happy Birthday!)
em36
ocalla
ChipnDaleRule

Thank you!! We had an amazing trip. Absolutely amazing. Will have to find time to write up a summary for y'all. :goodvibes

Come see me on Sunday or Monday in the lobby and I'll go back and make some up and give them to you if you don't have any luck getting them anywhere else.

You're the best. :lovestruc Did the front desk staff get you the bag I left? Had a couple chocolate tasty cakes in there. Hope no one else ran off with them! Sorry we had to leave without saying goodbye. Miles wasn't feeling well, so we left around 8:30 rather than enjoying SAB for the morning before starting the drive home. Sometimes you just have to adjust your plans - that's life, right?

Thanks so much for the info. If we did do CL, could the boys (10) go in on their own to grab a drink/snack? Trying to give them a little independence and thinking if we felt comfortable letting them do that it would be a plus.
And is there always bottles of water/drinks? Just thinking of the convenience of being able to grab bottles on our way to the parks. I'm slowly getting "sold" on CL! Now I just have to convince DH!

On the subject of convincing Dh, I was in the same boat. It was going to be low-key resort time, so I felt CL would be a good fit for my family. We did four days at POR and then two nights BC CL. While we loved POR and would stay there again, BC CL was an entirely difference experience. The lounge was so convenient. And we loved the kindness of the CMs at CL. It was the little things that made a difference. Changing dinner reservations, tracking down a pencil for my son's homework (silly, but it was important at the time!), helping us find the nearest urgent care facility - it was just nice to not have to go to the lobby & wait in line to deal with any of those little things. I just wandered down the hall and talked to a smiling CM. Easy peasy. We would absolutely stay CL again - the BC is gorgeous. So very relaxing.

For those of you that are returning from your trips.....Have any of you posted your recent BC trip over in the Trip Report thread lately? It's raining and crappy here in MA and I really want to immerse myself into the Beach Club and I love me some extensive disney details...... post a link if you can!

Thanks!:yay:

I will do a Trip Report if I can get my act together!! Things have just been so insane lately... Only got home last night, so I'm still struggling. It was a very long drive from Epcot Resorts Blvd to our humble abode. :lmao:

You're the best. :lovestruc Did the front desk staff get you the bag I left? Had a couple chocolate tasty cakes in there. Hope no one else ran off with them! Sorry we had to leave without saying goodbye. Miles wasn't feeling well, so we left around 8:30 rather than enjoying SAB for the morning before starting the drive home. Sometimes you just have to adjust your plans - that's life, right?

Yes I got them. Thanks so much. They were yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm feeling a little bit like a traitor. We're 17 days out and a really good deal fell in our lap (more like a dousing of :tink: ) by trading out our beloved Beach Club for the Poly. In the end, the move saved us quite a bit and allowed us to add DDP. So, I guess we're Poly bound. I had so hoped to breathe in that Beach Club smell, feel the sand beneath my feet at SAB and visit with Teena once again. But, we'll chalk it up as a new adventure. In making the deal, I had to promise DD9 that I'd take her back to BC. She knows how to play me.

So today my DH say to me "why are we flying home on 7/3. The next day is the 4th of July, I don't have to work so why are we coming home on the 3rd ?"

I loved that question and his logic so we just added a day to our BC trip. :cool1:
We are now there 6/27-7/4. What started out as a weekend trip has blossomed to a full week :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2 I Love how he thinks!!!

Hey everyone! This thread is AMAZING and has so much information on it. I can't wait for the school year to close, so I can really keep up with it before my August trip!

My family (DH, twin sons (age 20 months) and myself) will be driving from PA to Disney and staying at the Yacht Club Aug 17 to 23. I figure we will be going off of their schedule and how they react each day, but wanted some type of itinerary. We currently go out to eat to a sit down restaurant once a week and most of the time, the boys do great (although we do try and go to places that we know dinner will only take about an hour). I am looking for some itinerary help and restaurant help. I plan on purchasing a 6 day park hopper pass. My DH is thinking that we should try and do 1 sit down a day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). I was thinking of maybe reserving a few places, and then just chancing the rest, but after reading some other posts, I am concerned that this is no longer a good idea. Since the hotel has some restaurants right at it, would I be able to eat at the resort restaurants without reservations? The only restaurant I reserved so far was the Biergarten in Germany. Any other tips I will gladly listen to! Thanks!

Hey everyone! This thread is AMAZING and has so much information on it. I can't wait for the school year to close, so I can really keep up with it before my August trip!

My family (DH, twin sons (age 20 months) and myself) will be driving from PA to Disney and staying at the Yacht Club Aug 17 to 23. I figure we will be going off of their schedule and how they react each day, but wanted some type of itinerary. We currently go out to eat to a sit down restaurant once a week and most of the time, the boys do great (although we do try and go to places that we know dinner will only take about an hour). I am looking for some itinerary help and restaurant help. I plan on purchasing a 6 day park hopper pass. My DH is thinking that we should try and do 1 sit down a day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). I was thinking of maybe reserving a few places, and then just chancing the rest, but after reading some other posts, I am concerned that this is no longer a good idea. Since the hotel has some restaurants right at it, would I be able to eat at the resort restaurants without reservations? The only restaurant I reserved so far was the Biergarten in Germany. Any other tips I will gladly listen to! Thanks!

My thoughts on reservations are that you should make at least one reservation per day. If the mood isn't right, you can always cancel the reservation. Cancelling is way easier than getting a last minute reservation.

We didn't try to get any last minute hotel dining reservations on our last trip, but have been successful in the past. Typically, non-character hotel restaurants are easier to get into at the last minute.

So, I'm feeling a little bit like a traitor. We're 17 days out and a really good deal fell in our lap (more like a dousing of :tink: ) by trading out our beloved Beach Club for the Poly. In the end, the move saved us quite a bit and allowed us to add DDP. So, I guess we're Poly bound. I had so hoped to breathe in that Beach Club smell, feel the sand beneath my feet at SAB and visit with Teena once again. But, we'll chalk it up as a new adventure. In making the deal, I had to promise DD9 that I'd take her back to BC. She knows how to play me.

Oh .... I'll miss visiting with you!!!! Have a super time but make sure you keep that promise to your DD and come back to the BC soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter