2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Ok, my mouth has DROPPED OPEN at those towel creations!! Incredible!!! Teena, what a trip!!

Teena, I'll let you know if I find the kids' pin lanyards and the you can send me the link too! Still searching but I've been too busy to tear the garage apart. We are only there one weekend (we arrive Tuesday the 1st) so I have to meet you then!! We'll be the very white people coming a loooong way to see Mickey when we arrive, and hopefully won't be the red and crispy people from too much time at SAB by the time we meet you! LOL

Laffitte's Landing, I have updated my pre trip report a few times, mostly because I want to have someone to talk details with, even if there is nobody listening! LOL. My family is sick of hearing the plans so I just tell them "Five early mornings, five sleep ins". We have a distinct secret advantage on you for touring - we are on the other side of the world so us getting up at 7 is like us getting up at 8:30! So NO EXCUSES, right? LOL

I am still hoping for a soft opening for BTMRR... A girl can dream, right??? Especially with all the rumors of TT refurb being delayed that got my hopes up that we would have at at least one of them since they are both in our top 5 attractions.

Ok, my mouth has DROPPED OPEN at those towel creations!! Incredible!!! Teena, what a trip!!

Teena, I'll let you know if I find the kids' pin lanyards and the you can send me the link too! Still searching but I've been too busy to tear the garage apart. We are only there one weekend (we arrive Tuesday the 1st) so I have to meet you then!! We'll be the very white people coming a loooong way to see Mickey when we arrive, and hopefully won't be the red and crispy people from too much time at SAB by the time we meet you! LOL

Laffitte's Landing, I have updated my pre trip report a few times, mostly because I want to have someone to talk details with, even if there is nobody listening! LOL. My family is sick of hearing the plans so I just tell them "Five early mornings, five sleep ins". We have a distinct secret advantage on you for touring - we are on the other side of the world so us getting up at 7 is like us getting up at 8:30! So NO EXCUSES, right? LOL

I am still hoping for a soft opening for BTMRR... A girl can dream, right??? Especially with all the rumors of TT refurb being delayed that got my hopes up that we would have at at least one of them since they are both in our top 5 attractions.

Right now I'm only working Sundays and Mondays and they keep telling me my two days are going to change to Saturdays and Sundays.

Let me know if you (or anybody) needs the link to the latest hidden mickey pins ... they are so much fun to try to hunt down and trade for!!

That little fellow on the rocks was at St. Thomas. He was very happy to have people take his picture all day long!

Our cabin host was amazing. Bob and I couldn't wait to see his towel animals. He got a kick out of two adults being so excited over his creations.

Thanks so much Dee for posting my phone pictures! I can't wait to see yours!!!

Looking at your pictures just makes me smile!

Amanda

I am THRILLED that I saw this thread! We are staying at the YC June 4-9 for our 20th wedding anniversary and I am so excited! Love that you have taken the time to post so much great info about the resort, walking paths, transportation, etc. Thanks!

(please add us to the list of DIS members staying in June as well, I saw a lot of new names that I haven't met before here so I will have to look for you all!)

Welcome home, Teena and Dee. Love the photos of the cruise. We've only cruised twice and both times it was that very cruise. Same animals, too. Soo darling.

pixarmom, love your photos, too. It makes me want to get back to Y&BC soon!!

Anyone else wish they were having a chocolate croissant from BC Markettplace for breakfast?

Btw, if I get my kids a lot of pins on eBay, will you still be able to pin trade with them? I don't think we're going to go crazy with the pin trading but I think it would be cool as a way to keep them somewhat engaged at certain times.

There is an entire thread somewhere on dis about the reputable sellers on ebay. I personally always go the ebay route, but just be wary of some of the sellers. ::yes::

I'm going to PM you with a link to all the 2012 hidden mickey pins ... they might want to try to trade for some of those.

Can you send me that link too?

If you love it, book on board for next June (15th) on the Fantasy so you can be there for Jeanne's wedding!!! When you book on board you get a discount, smaller downpayment and a nice on board credit.

Your daughter is getting married the day after my 25th wedding anniversary:)
Sometimes I cant believe it's been 25yrs and yet I feel like we've known each other forever lol

Sometimes I cant believe it's been 25yrs and yet I feel like we've known each other forever lol

That's a perfect reason to go on a Disney cruise. Can't think of a better place for a 25th wedding anniversary!

I can't believe this is the first opportunity that I have had to update on the DIS.. I am loving my time at the BC.. Love SAB and am so glad that we chose to stay here..
We are in a room with not so great a view but has a 40 ft balcony.. She we checked in, we only had a Juliette balcony and I said" I don't care what I'm looking at as long as i have a balcony" .. They call my area epcot, cause I'm right there.. But not near much of anything else.. We are running off to check out the YC.. I have lots of observations that I want to post.. I will later..

mmmears, how did I miss the "Alaska" in your signature? I welcome any and all tips! Especially for Juneau, where we're kind of stuck - super active boys, but our youngest is 5 years old and not big enough for some of the more active excursions. Please let me know if you have any thoughts!

pixarmom -- It was a fantastic cruise!!! Chilly, but otherwise just amazing! We had a great time and it was extra fun to go to Alaska with Disney. Please feel free to PM me any and all questions -- I know it's hard to plan for that trip! We did the train trip in Skagway and the snorkeling in Ketchikan (both through DCL). Our best day was in Juneau (a private all-day excursion through Above & Beyond Alaska. Friends recommended them and they have great reviews on Trip Advisor. We kayaked in Mendenhall Lake, climbed up on the glacier, ice-climbed, etc.) It was a day we will never forget!

Oh -- and we had pretty much the exact same towel animals that Teena had in the Caribbean!:goodvibes

Right now I'm only working Sundays and Mondays and they keep telling me my two days are going to change to Saturdays and Sundays.

Let me know if you (or anybody) needs the link to the latest hidden mickey pins ... they are so much fun to try to hunt down and trade for!!

Would love to have that link too. Thanks. :) I was hoping my kiddos would be able to trade with you, but we leave on a Saturday to go home.

Our 25th is May 1st. I know exactly how you feel about the time flying but also being a surprise that it has been that long.

That little fellow on the rocks was at St. Thomas. He was very happy to have people take his picture all day long!

Our cabin host was amazing. Bob and I couldn't wait to see his towel animals. He got a kick out of two adults being so excited over his creations.

Thanks so much Dee for posting my phone pictures! I can't wait to see yours!!!

What wonderful vacation pictures!! I bet your cabin host was grateful to see you appreciating his adorable towel animals - he obviously enjoys his job!

We are in a room with not so great a view but has a 40 ft balcony..

Love the HUGE balcony! My DH's sister had one when we stayed at BC. We could all hang out there. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Dee, Welcome back! I don't blame you for not doing that crazy water slide! I would be way too scared!

Teena, Welcome back! Great pictures!

To all at BC/YC/BCV, Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter