2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

When you grab your food from the grab and go at the BC Marketplace, where do you sit and eat? I'm thinking of breakfast and just grabbing egg sandwiches (are they any good? :confused3) on our way to RD.

When you grab your food from the grab and go at the BC Marketplace, where do you sit and eat? I'm thinking of breakfast and just grabbing egg sandwiches (are they any good? :confused3) on our way to RD.

There are some tables and chairs right outside the door (towards the BCV) and lots of people take their trays into the Solarium to eat.

Welcome Home Teena! We head on our first cruise in late June. I can't wait!!!

Amanda

If you love it, book on board for next June (15th) on the Fantasy so you can be there for Jeanne's wedding!!! When you book on board you get a discount, smaller downpayment and a nice on board credit.

Awesome! Glad you had a wonderful time! We will be at BC in 8 days! What days do you work?

Sundays and Mondays as of now. Sundays for sure always. They keep saying I'm going to switch to Saturdays and Sundays but so far it hasn't shown up on my schedule (which we only get a few days in advance).

I start at 9:30 AM.

pixarmom, that's pretty much our plans as well. Get there early, have lunch, play in SAB and rest, then go to Epcot (or another park) in the evenings. The last time I tried to rely on touringplans for our trip, all the crowd numbers and even some of the recommended parks changed at the last minute, messing up our plans.

BC/YC works is so perfect for this kind of plan! I always love Epcot in the evening. Whenever we stay outside the Epcot resort area, I miss walking out the international gateway to our room!

I'm a fan of the smaller ships too. Love the Magic and Wonder. Our cabin was in great shape, although we had very very very noisy and rude next door neighbors.

I'm not real happy that the Wonder and Magic are both gone from Port Canaveral! It looks as if we'll be on the Fantasy from now on. We won't do short cruises so that leaves us with the Fantasy's 7 night cruises out of Port Canaveral. Driving to the Port is such a nice way to start the cruise. I was home and had my first load of laundry in the wash by 10AM this morning.

Yuck on the noisy neighbors! Always love to hear positive reports about the condition of the classic ships. We're so excited!

Lisa, there are a few places where we eat when we pick up food from the BC Marketplace:

1) The seating area right outside the Marketplace:

1d667d92.jpg

2) The lounge chairs on the beach. I know some may not like this - no tables - but we really enjoy it!

3) At the bus stop while waiting for the bus.

4) Our room.

They package everything up to go really nicely - just got take-out from there last week when our youngest fell asleep and needed a second dinner. They have nice paper bags with handles, making the food easy to transport.

we have a great big old secret which we're planning on waiting until 4AM of the day we are leaving before telling them! I can barely contain myself because the kids were so disappointed about having to wait a year and are completely Disney crazy!

What an exciting surprise!! Don't worry - we'll keep your secret! And whenever you're tempted to spill the beans with the kids, come on here and post a bit. Around here, we're ALWAYS happy to chat about our vacation plans :goodvibes

I'm a fan of the smaller ships too. Love the Magic and Wonder. Our cabin was in great shape, although we had very very very noisy and rude next door neighbors.

I'm not real happy that the Wonder and Magic are both gone from Port Canaveral! It looks as if we'll be on the Fantasy from now on. We won't do short cruises so that leaves us with the Fantasy's 7 night cruises out of Port Canaveral. Driving to the Port is such a nice way to start the cruise. I was home and had my first load of laundry in the wash by 10AM this morning.

My family has been on the Wonder twice and we just love that ship. I guess I'd like to try a newer one just to see what it's like, but we really, really like the classic ships. When we found out the Wonder was moving to Alaska last summer it helped us decide to take the cruise.

Sorry about the noisy neighbors. :(

You helped me a couple of years ago when we were planning to stay at the BC, but you were visiting your DD when we came -- hopefully I'll get to meet you this time (staying at the YC though).

BC/YC works is so perfect for this kind of plan! I always love Epcot in the evening. Whenever we stay outside the Epcot resort area, I miss walking out the international gateway to our room!

Me, too! I think it's the BEST thing about the YC/BC (although there are many things we love about staying there). Even when we stayed at the Poly, it was so much harder to get back to our room after Illuminations. And much harder at any of the other resorts we have tried. And since we spend many evenings in Epcot, the YC/BC really work for us! :thumbsup2

I don't know if anyone is interested...or if this is allowed, but once we leave Beach Club on June 7, we aren't going to need our stroller. I don't even think we'll need it this time, but I'm taking it ....just in case... because my youngest has a medical condition and tires very easily.

Anyway, it is in great shape - we used it during our trip last summer only... and will this time if we need it. I figured I could pass it on to someone else if anyone is going to need one when we leave.

We leave to come home the morning of June 7, but if you want it, you can pick it up the evening of June 6 or super early June 7 (we have a 7:30 ADR @ Cape May before we leave).

It holds up to a 50lb child, and best of all, you can fit up to 5 water bottles in that sweet little pouch on the handles! LOL!

So, if anyone wants a free stroller (and heck, you can pass it on to someone else when you leave Disney...or take it home...I don't care!)...PM me.

It is this one, but in solid black.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Jet-Stroller-in-Elegance-Red-Black/17176984
AND.....with that...could my ticker move any slower now that we are getting close!?!?! UGH! I can't wait!

Does anyone else ever get to that planning stage where you second guess all your choices????

I have been looking at best days to visit certain parks, and can't make final decisions!!!! It's not like this is our first or gonna be our last trip, so why am I obsessing about this now???:confused3

Between the touringplans crowd calendar and easywdw crowd calendar I'm making myself crazy!!!

and this is supposed to be a laid back, stroll around the park, take in the scenes type visit. So why am I trying to figure out who is going to make the Mad Dash for Fastpasses........................

I think I need some serious help!!

Yeah, I'm doing that right now! Whatever help you get, pass it on over, would ya???? :rotfl:

Hi all. Well, just got finished paying off my vacation. We have our plane tickets booked. We have also booked one night at the airport so we can arrive at the Yacht Club in style on Magical Express early in the morning of our first full day of June 18th.

This trip is very expensive for us but we figured out how to swing it without going into debt and my wife is currently off work and we don't think she'll be able to get time off so easily in a year. Otherwise, we were prepared to wait a year before doing this. But we decided that now was the right time and next year might just not work and like Elvis says "It's Now or Never."

Still there was a period where we had decided we were going to postpone this and we informed our children of that.... so now that we've decided it's back in, we have a great big old secret which we're planning on waiting until 4AM of the day we are leaving before telling them! I can barely contain myself because the kids were so disappointed about having to wait a year and are completely Disney crazy!

We have also decided to wait until at least April of 2013 before getting passes to Disneyland again. We just have to find ways to save money that will be going into this trip. I guess Carsland and Buena Vista Street will have to wait but since I'm not wealthy, I have to make sacrifices. No matter, I'm still really excited and my wife is getting very excited also to go to Orlando in mid June. It's going to be hotter than the surface but I think since we'll have access to ALL of Stormalong Bay, we'll survive and this is going to be the trip of a lifetime!

So glad to hear your trip is back on! I was wondering where you went!

My Mickey pushpin is almost out of SSE... :)

The forecast isn't that great for our week, but I hope that whatever rain we get is on park days. LOL I'd love that - keep the wimpy folks home out of it. :cool1:

Does anyone else ever get to that planning stage where you second guess all your choices????

I have been looking at best days to visit certain parks, and can't make final decisions!!!! It's not like this is our first or gonna be our last trip, so why am I obsessing about this now???:confused3

Between the touringplans crowd calendar and easywdw crowd calendar I'm making myself crazy!!!

and this is supposed to be a laid back, stroll around the park, take in the scenes type visit. So why am I trying to figure out who is going to make the Mad Dash for Fastpasses........................

I think I need some serious help!!

I actually love the thrill of trying to get those most wanted ADRs at the last minute. I will get everything I want at the 180 mark then the month prior to our trip, I go crazy trying to secure CRT or Ohana or Chef mickeys even though I already have them booked. Lol!!

I don't know if anyone is interested...or if this is allowed, but once we leave Beach Club on June 7, we aren't going to need our stroller. I don't even think we'll need it this time, but I'm taking it ....just in case... because my youngest has a medical condition and tires very easily.

Anyway, it is in great shape - we used it during our trip last summer only... and will this time if we need it. I figured I could pass it on to someone else if anyone is going to need one when we leave.

We leave to come home the morning of June 7, but if you want it, you can pick it up the evening of June 6 or super early June 7 (we have a 7:30 ADR @ Cape May before we leave).

It holds up to a 50lb child, and best of all, you can fit up to 5 water bottles in that sweet little pouch on the handles! LOL!

So, if anyone wants a free stroller (and heck, you can pass it on to someone else when you leave Disney...or take it home...I don't care!)...PM me.

It is this one, but in solid black.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Jet-Stroller-in-Elegance-Red-Black/17176984
AND.....with that...could my ticker move any slower now that we are getting close!?!?! UGH! I can't wait!

OMG! I wish we were going to be there!!! Our youngest has mild cerebral palsy and needs a stroller. Sadly we won't be at Disney until June 23rd...

Amanda

We're home. It was fantastic as usual. We had the best day ever at my happy place yesterday: Stormalong Bay (adult area). I spent a good three hours on my floaty out in the bay just relaxing in the cool waters. The weather was amazing ... no humidity. It was in the low 80's. The steak at the adult BBQ was wonderful. I love having our last day there ... the end of a perfect week. We saw lots of our friends (crew members) on the ship. I was glad to see all of them had not hopped over to the Fantasy. The food was awesome and we had brunch at Palo's twice. I read four books.

Doing wash and then gotta get some food in the house. Then off to work on Sunday. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of disers at work on Sunday and Monday!!!!

P.S. It was nice to get home and check my Disney emails to see the pool opened a week early. Way to go Y&B!!!!!

P.S.S. We had the best towel animals I've ever seen. As you know, I'm a computer dumb-dumb so when Dee gets back, she'll post pictures of them for you all to see. I sent them to her from my phone. The cabin host was amazing. Bob and I couldn't wait to get back into the cabin to see what masterpiece he created.

Hey Teena- glad to hear you had a fabulous cruise! Just received your pictures, so I will post those in the morning.

Dee,

Glad that you had a great time! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I don't think I would of been able to do those slides if they are that big either. I didn't even do the BC slide while there in Feb.:worried:

We are packing for our Virgin Island trip in 9 days. Trying to do carry-on only (did you do that for the Bahamas?). Going for our 25th Anniversary. Leaving Nate here and MIL flies in Wed to watch him for the week. My Mother's surgery went well and she is in rehab now. They have her up and walking and everything. She goes home next Tues. So hopefully all is well there for us to feel comfortable for our trip.

Nathan and I still talk about the BC and Teena all the time. Still don't think we will be able to get back until at least 2014.:sad:

I am so excited for you and your DH's anniversary trip! St. John is my favorite place on earth.

I hope that all continues to go well with your mom's rehab.

We checked 2 bags for our trip- clothes in one and our dive bag (snorkel equipment, football, sandals, etc) for the other. We packed a large carryon for overflow and US Air offered to check carryon baggage through with no charge due to space issues on the plane. Well, we took them up on that and our bag is still in Charlotte! The airline says it will deliver it to our home when it arrives in Boston.

We flew Jet Blue for our anniversary trip to Puerto Rico in March so we didn't have to worry about bag fees for that trip.

I am so excited for you and your DH's anniversary trip! St. John is my favorite place on earth.

I hope that all continues to go well with your mom's rehab.

We checked 2 bags for our trip- clothes in one and our dive bag (snorkel equipment, football, sandals, etc) for the other. We packed a large carryon for overflow and US Air offered to check carryon baggage through with no charge due to space issues on the plane. Well, we took them up on that and our bag is still in Charlotte! The airline says it will deliver it to our home when it arrives in Boston.

We flew Jet Blue for our anniversary trip to Puerto Rico in March so we didn't have to worry about bag fees for that trip.

Oh No! Thank goodness they didn't lose it on the way there.

We are trying to do carry on because of the ferry boat trip to St. John. If they lose our luggage it will be a pain to get it back. The only thing that seems to be a problem is the sunscreen. We will have to buy that as soon as we get there. The best thing is no need to pack anything heavy like jeans.

We were just talking tonight about the BC again. Hoping that we can go back in 2014. Doubt that it will be earlier that that.

Hope to see your trip report and pics. Plus, Teena's pics!

Thanks for the warm thoughts on my Mom.

My family has been on the Wonder twice and we just love that ship. I guess I'd like to try a newer one just to see what it's like, but we really, really like the classic ships. When we found out the Wonder was moving to Alaska last summer it helped us decide to take the cruise.

mmmears, how did I miss the "Alaska" in your signature? I welcome any and all tips! Especially for Juneau, where we're kind of stuck - super active boys, but our youngest is 5 years old and not big enough for some of the more active excursions. Please let me know if you have any thoughts!

Dee, are you home?

Dee & Teena Welcome home. Glad to hear you both had great trips.
Now Teena you'll have to get your land legs back ;)

Dee I don't blame you for not going on the big body slides, not to mention the huge weggie they give you :rotfl:

I can't wait till my Aug. Florida trip ::yes::

I do this every time. I change parks then ADRs. I think for some it is a natural part of the planning.

Still there was a period where we had decided we were going to postpone this and we informed our children of that.... so now that we've decided it's back in, we have a great big old secret which we're planning on waiting until 4AM of the day we are leaving before telling them! I can barely contain myself because the kids were so disappointed about having to wait a year and are completely Disney crazy!!
We did the same exact thing on our last trip. It was incredible watching their faces. Make sure you videotape it. :)

Sundays and Mondays as of now. Sundays for sure always. They keep saying I'm going to switch to Saturdays and Sundays but so far it hasn't shown up on my schedule (which we only get a few days in advance).

I think I'll miss you again since we go home on a Saturday. Glad to hear you had a nice cruise.

The forecast isn't that great for our week, but I hope that whatever rain we get is on park days. LOL I'd love that - keep the wimpy folks home out of it. :cool1:

I looked at several different sites and almost all had "mostly sunny" the whole week. But, I never really trust any forecast until we get closer to our dates and even then the forecasts are often wrong. Sure hope the weather cooperates, but a rainy day in Disney is better than a rainy day at home.

We are trying to do carry on because of the ferry boat trip to St. John. If they lose our luggage it will be a pain to get it back. The only thing that seems to be a problem is the sunscreen. We will have to buy that as soon as we get there. The best thing is no need to pack anything heavy like jeans.

Are you flying a carrier with bag fees or no fees. If it is a no-fee carrier, pack one suitcase with just the sunscreen- you will have a bag with extra space for souvenirs, or to fill up on the way home. If the bag gets lost, you won't be out anything you need except the sunscreen (and I'm sure the airline will be able to track down your bag), which you were planning on buying. If the air carrier does charge bag fees, then you are probably better off just buying the sunscreen there.

Dee, are you home?

Got home a little after 8. Had to wait around the airport for about 45 min waiting for our bag before the airline would admit it it wasn't coming.

Dee & Teena Welcome home. Glad to hear you both had great trips.
Now Teena you'll have to get your land legs back ;)

Dee I don't blame you for not going on the big body slides, not to mention the huge weggie they give you :rotfl:

I can't wait till my Aug. Florida trip ::yes::

Thanks! I did all of the slides except Leap of Faith. There is a tube slide right next to LoF that takes you through the shark tank and I love that one because you go slow enough that you can actually see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter