2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

So I have a favor to ask. Since we used a "special" code to book our reservation, we don't get the fun Disney Monthly Hello emails leading up to our trip. Is there anyone out that there that would be willing to forward them to me? I found them so helpful last time.

If so, please send me a PM and I'll reply with my email.

Thanks!!

Love the thread!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

hehe DH has the BC pinned on his google map titled - Disney home. :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

I think I found my car in the cast parking lot.

LOL - glad I could help!

oooh oooh thank you - I've never seen this before - its way better than google earth. :thumbsup2

EDIT - I feel a bit queasy now - too much use of the spinny tool thingy! Its very strange turning the hotel around and waiting for it too catch up!

Isn't it the best map? I can't remember who posted it first. I think Tara posted it once and that's when I found it and saved it. It's so fun to play with.

We're the same way! I dunno if I could stay in a deluxe resort knowing the lounge was so close and I couldn't get to it :rotfl: :rotfl2: We really enjoy staying CL, but feel the same about a regular room vs. a moderate. DH enjoys CL very much. We normally prefer CL or a 1BR villa, but some trips we do moderate.

In 3 weeks we're splitting POR-Royal Room and YC/CL!!

That is awesome! We are staying POR and then BC/CL in 8 weeks! :) Funny thing I tried to extend my BC CL stay but no room in garden view so we opted for a moderate. I told Dh I could get our pin to work at BC standard and then switch to BC CL and he said "do you know how sad you will feel when you don't have the magic card for the elevator?" LOL. He was so right. And then he brought up the situation of potentially no balcony if not BC GV CL...so true.And we all decided to save the money, stay POR a few nights and eat really well! THEN check into BC CL.

Movies on the beach each night

Campfire/Marshmallow roast on the beach

Sandy area at the pool at SAB

Walking into EPCOT--pull up the Beach Club on Google Earth or similar map and look at how close you will be to EPCOT!

Riding the boat to Studios

Watching the Illuminations fireworks from the bridge that goes over to the Boardwalk area

You could rent one of the Surrey bicycles from the Boardwalk area and ride around crescent lake together

Ice cream cones from Beaches n Cream to go when you're at SAB (one of the best uses of a DDP snack credit!)

Meeting Teena, one of Disney's best and nicest CMs!!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Cindy

oh my goodness!! :cheer2: thank you so much! This list is perfect :thumbsup2

Do I need to pack buckets and shovels for my kids to use at Stormalong Bay? I see green pails in photographs. Can I buy them in the Marketplace? My daughters have promised to build me a sandcastle.

Do I need to pack buckets and shovels for my kids to use at Stormalong Bay? I see green pails in photographs. Can I buy them in the Marketplace? My daughters have promised to build me a sandcastle.

Nope. They come as part of a meal at Hurricane Hannah's, but I also recall Max (my DS) being given them, as well.

So I have a favor to ask. Since we used a "special" code to book our reservation, we don't get the fun Disney Monthly Hello emails leading up to our trip. Is there anyone out that there that would be willing to forward them to me? I found them so helpful last time.

Thanks!!

I feel like I am missing something. What are these?

Thanks!!

We've gotten those no matter how we booked our trips and even when we don't even have a trip in the works. Maybe it's been routed to your spam box??

I got my daughters cold! And chipped a tooth on a candy Easter Egg :scared1:
Other then that it was nice having 4 days off :rotfl:

Back to work to make some WDW money!

Hi everyone!! I'm continuing to countdown to our trip, but I confess I'm excited to hear from pixarmom!!! Are you there yet, mama?? Are you there yet? :rotfl: Can't wait to see your pictures & hear all about your trip!! :lovestruc

:welcome: to all of the new posters! And congrats to those who have been added to the Be Our Guest list. :woohoo:

So. VERY. Excited. :jumping1:

The buckets are from Hurricane Hannah's and when we were there in June, there was LOADS of them laying around. The kids meals are served in those.

We did purchase other items from the store out at the pool. A Finding Nemo bucket (which was much larger than the hurricane hannah ones) that came with a shovel, a Nemo beach ball and some Nemo squirty toys. A little pricey but my daughter was so happy playing at SAB, it was worth the price tag!

My plan for our next trip though is to get gift baskets made (I heard Memories by Betsy is good) and make up a pool themed basket for each kid. Beach towel, beach ball, some toys, etc. because I know they won't go to waste and would be a great surprise.

Since it hasn't been posted in a while and we have some new folks. Here's a nice aerial map of the YC/BC. Have fun!

YC/BC Map

I love looking at this map.

WOW. Used google earth before to get a picture of the layout but this is a lot better. Just what I needed after the snow yesterday. 30 days and counting until we get there. Hope to meet Teena.:cool1:

When we were there in Feb. there was a ton of them in a pool. A family was hiding shovels for all of the kids to find too. We never had to buy one or the kids meal.

We've gotten those no matter how we booked our trips and even when we don't even have a trip in the works. Maybe it's been routed to your spam box??

Nope and I was told from WDW Reservations that we wouldn't be receiving anything like that because of the code we used.

Bummer! :confused:

Oh My.....That map is Fantastic!!! I have been zooming in and out all morning.

Thanks for posting it :thumbsup2

Oh My.....That map is Fantastic!!! I have been zooming in and out all morning.

Thanks for posting it :thumbsup2

Just don't blame me if you find yourself being very unproductive because you've become obsessed with the map. :lmao:

Just don't blame me if you find yourself being very unproductive because you've become obsessed with the map. :lmao:

I keep forgetting that I actually have a job to do here!!!

To those that are leaving in 4 DAYS, Have a GREAT TIME!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter