2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

...Question though - isn't the kiddie slide area part of what's closed? I've never stayed at BC/YC before and have just been reading up as much as I could (this was a fairly last minute trip, just came about a few weeks ago) so there's a very good chance I'm wrong ;) but wanted to check on that. If that's open it will really help!...

Teena can probably clarify but I'm 99% sure the kiddie slide area will be open (as well as the sandy zero-entry kids area) so I think you should be fine with the kiddies at Stormalong Bay.

Thanks Shelly! THat is my reasoning too but my sad part is there was no availability under POFQ/POR with my pin. I booked with a AAA discount but check back with the pin daily to see if it opened. STILL A 450 savings from Poly but if I could use Pin it would be 600 savings! I think room will open up as time draws near but I think I might use some of my found money to see Blue Man Group at Universal and Flying Fish! Thanks again.

will keep my fingers crossed that things work out for the absolute best!!! you are going to have an AMAZING vacation - i just know it! :good vibes

Teena can probably clarify but I'm 99% sure the kiddie slide area will be open (as well as the sandy zero-entry kids area) so I think you should be fine with the kiddies at Stormalong Bay.

I was told the kiddie slide area and the sandy zero-entry kids area will be up and running.

Do not read further if you do not want to read something that is definitely a "magic killer." You have been warned!

...Nothing magical about him, let me tell you...don't tell the kids, but when he was on break and headless, I actually saw him taking a smoke break! Said he between puffs..."Sweetheart, you may be doing this for fun, but it's not easy being a mouse and you're not making it any easier."

Egads...what would Walt say?!?

Great story!!

~Nannette

He probably woulda bummed a smoke from him...:smokin:

No you do not have to get up to get your drink if you sit in the area of Hurricane Hannah's. The waitress' name is Rocky! DD27 introduced herself to her when we were there in November! Have fun and enjoy!!

~Nannette

Rocky is the best! It wouldn't be a complete trip to the BC without a couple of cold drinks from the bar, delivered with a smile. She is always training someone new it seems and while we never see them the next time, we are always happy to see Rocky is still there!

Bob, Jeanne and I are heading to Typhoon Lagoon in about an hour. Can't wait to have some Disney fun!!!! We rented one of the private areas where you get four chairs, four towels, an umbrella, all in a reserved spot where nobody can mess with your stuff and chairs!!! And it's very reasonable. Only way to do the water parks!

Sounds great Teena! Hope you had a nice day. How much do they rent it for? Do you just reserve when you get there?

Bob, Jeanne and I are heading to Typhoon Lagoon in about an hour. Can't wait to have some Disney fun!!!! We rented one of the private areas where you get four chairs, four towels, an umbrella, all in a reserved spot where nobody can mess with your stuff and chairs!!! And it's very reasonable. Only way to do the water parks!

Teena, how fun - we love Typhoon Lagoon! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Hi all :wave:

We're planning on returning to YC/CL for our split stay in May. We haven't been to YC/CL since May 2010 and are excited to go back!!

I was wondering if anyone knows what offerings the CL offers per day. I know what they normally have for breakfast, etc... but the other CLs seem to have a schedule on what Hot Appetizer they put out on what nights. Just trying to plan around what days we may want to snack up there. Thanks!!

Hi Luv! Great to see you here! :)

Thanks for that, pixarmom! I'm sure it will be just fine. I'm just worried about park days because of the baby (rides will be more limited on days DH isn't with to do a child swap) but even so it's fine. Question though - isn't the kiddie slide area part of what's closed? I've never stayed at BC/YC before and have just been reading up as much as I could (this was a fairly last minute trip, just came about a few weeks ago) so there's a very good chance I'm wrong ;) but wanted to check on that. If that's open it will really help!

Need to start my park plans - I'm way behind since both the oldest and the baby had birthdays this past month.

Hi again In629! Based on the information from Teena and the map with the shading that shows the closed areas, here are photos of all the parts of SAB still open. And that's in addition to all the quiet pools and the BWI pool (we highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity to go use that slide - so fun!)

2) The lazy river area. This area is as shallow as 4 ft in some areas and reaches up to 8 ft in one part. Again, this area is entirely disconnected from the more shallow areas of the pool, and the deepest area is roped off. Signs on the overhead bridges warn guests that the water is deeper in that area.

36135b64.jpg

9108d5f7.jpg

370697ad.jpg

2ab05d54.jpg

5ba78940.jpg

047af8dc.jpg

3) The sandy, zero depth entry shallow area. This area is wonderful for little kids. Most of this area is 2 ft deep all the way across. There is just a pocket in the corner where the depth reaches three feet. Again, it is entirely disconnected from the deeper sections of the pool.

b5975d35.jpg

5f05bffb.jpg

3d066014.jpg

a7afb7b6.jpg

49e2cb63.jpg

8dd596f6.jpg

This walkway separates the zero depth area from the deeper section of the pool:

5018b960.jpg

afe2da64.jpg

98b06e10.jpg

This is the deepest area of the sandy zero depth entry area, at only 3 ft deep:

324f572c.jpg

4) Kiddie slide/pool at the base of the pirate ship. This pool overlooks the lake and is 2.8 feet deep.

23badf3b.jpg

3ffc263d.jpg

5) The small, circular wading pool. BC replaced the playground with additional chairs.

afc8bb76.jpg

THANKS!!

And I must ask... Where is Flopeye SC? Born and raised in SC and never heard of it.

It's a nickname for Great Falls SC. Home of the annual Flopeye Fish Festival!

We're just a little mill town located off I 77 between Columbia SC and Charlotte NC.

Question regarding tickets and waterpark -- we are going for 9 days but 2 of those day will be no park days. We are planning to do TL and DTD one of those days. Was reading ticket tread and if I'm understanding this correctly "Any day in which you go only to one (or more) minor parks and do not go to any major theme parks will only count as entries against WPF&M option and will not use up a day of major park visits." Quoted from thread. Am I correct in assuming that I can purchase a 7 day hopper w/waterpark option or do we need a 8 day hopper w/waterpark? Thank you again for all your help.

Only 42 days to go!!! :dance3:

Hello BC fans! I hope it's not considered bad DIS-form to repost something...but when I originally posted this last week, I didn't get any response. I'm really hoping that maybe someone who didn't see it last time might have an idea or suggestion for my dilemma. Thank you!

Just two months out from my very special sisters-getaway at Beach Club!

This short trip is a dream come true for me, as well as for my sister. We've always wanted to do it, but family obligations and family trips always prevented it from happening. This year, my sister and her family went through an extremely difficult & traumatic experience (everything is okay now, thankfully). We decided to make this trip happen, after being reminded of how important it is to seize the day, and not put things off for a day that may not come. And, as a "thank you" for me helping her and her family during the crisis, my sis is treating me to my stay! Woo hoo! :cool1:

I wanted to do something special for her, so as a surprise, I booked us on the Around the World Segway tour. I know we will both LOVE it! I really want to present this surprise to her when we go to Illuminations on our first night. Here’s my dilemma: We are traveling separately, and my sis is arriving at BC several hours before me. When I booked the tour, the agent said it will be listed on the folio we receive at check-in, the one with our KTTW cards. How can I avoid the surprise being spoiled by her seeing the tour listed, or having the check-in CM review it with her? I was hoping that only I would get the info, since I’m the main reservation holder, but I’ve since read that read that any adult listed on the res can check in and get the packet. Do any of you BC fans have any ideas for me? Thanks so much!

Hello BC fans! I hope it's not considered bad DIS-form to repost something...but when I originally posted this last week, I didn't get any response. I'm really hoping that maybe someone who didn't see it last time might have an idea or suggestion for my dilemma. Thank you!

I have done a bunch of tours including the segway (which I have done 2 times I love it) anytime I have ever checked in the cm at the check in desk has never said anything about my upcoming tours nor was it in the packet. I do not think you have to worry about it. Are you staying club level?

Question regarding tickets and waterpark -- we are going for 9 days but 2 of those day will be no park days. We are planning to do TL and DTD one of those days. Was reading ticket tread and if I'm understanding this correctly "Any day in which you go only to one (or more) minor parks and do not go to any major theme parks will only count as entries against WPF&M option and will not use up a day of major park visits." Quoted from thread. Am I correct in assuming that I can purchase a 7 day hopper w/waterpark option or do we need a 8 day hopper w/waterpark? Thank you again for all your help.

Only 42 days to go!!! :dance3:

You are correct. You do not need the 8 day hopper. A 7 day hopper is fine if you are planning 7 theme park days. With the Water Parks Fun and More added on, you could do a day at a waterpark and you could also go a waterpark for a half-day on the same day you go to a park (we like to combine a morning at AK with an afternoon at Blizzard Beach).

If you are planning one and only one visit to a water park, then it is slightly less expensive to pay out of pocket for a one day admission, but adding the WPF&M options does give you the flexibility to go to a water park for just a couple of hours here and there during your trip, or to make a quick visit to Disney Quest at DTD.

Hope this makes sense.

Not bad form at all! The thread moves quickly and if you post a question that is not addressed, it is perfectly fine to bring it to the front burner again.

Hmmm... Could you call the front desk of the resort on your checkin day and explain your situation to the CMs who are on duty? I'm sure if they knew that you were trying to keep the tour a surprise they would want to help you out.

Anyone have other ideas?

Just looked at the calendar for our dates and there is only ONE MK evening EMH for our whole 10 day stay, and it's the same day I had set up to go to Universal! Also, Universal announced two new parade/show like attractions opening on May 8th during our stay - I had planned Universal for the 6th. We aren't huge parade people, and I was actually thinking that the 7th would be a good time to visit because maybe more people would put off their visit to catch the new parades. But of course that messes with my ADRs. LOL My DD was excited about the idea of going to MK and staying late in the night. I can't imagine she would want to do that after a long day in Universal though!

Just posting here because I know my mad planner peeps will understand. LOL Any suggestions?

I'm debating adding WP&M to our ticket. We have gotten it in the past, but never felt like we got our money's worth since we only went to a water park once or almost had to force ourselves to go twice. But both times, TL has been closed and hubby has never been there. It is my fave of the two water parks, so we might want to go.

But now the question is, should we just buy a 1 day ticket to go there or should be add the WP&M to our ticket and maybe go more than once and/or visit DQ (although we aren't big fans of it either - always so crowded.)

I thought that with SAB, we wouldn't really care about the water parks, but now that I know TL should be open while we are there, I am debating.

I'm debating adding WP&M to our ticket. We have gotten it in the past, but never felt like we got our money's worth since we only went to a water park once or almost had to force ourselves to go twice. But both times, TL has been closed and hubby has never been there. It is my fave of the two water parks, so we might want to go.

But now the question is, should we just buy a 1 day ticket to go there or should be add the WP&M to our ticket and maybe go more than once and/or visit DQ (although we aren't big fans of it either - always so crowded.)

I thought that with SAB, we wouldn't really care about the water parks, but now that I know TL should be open while we are there, I am debating.

I believe that if you purchase a one day ticket to a waterpark, and decide to go again, you can upgrade to WPF&M by paying the difference. You may need your original receipt showing the purchase of the 1 day admission. So you don't actually need to make the decision until you decide to go the second time.

Check out Cheshire Figment's ticket sticky. I believe that is where I gathered this info.

I'm getting so excited about our trip. We arrive on the 15th :) :cheer2:

This is our first trip to Disney, and I saw where I could do the online check in at the BC. I don't anticipate having any special requests so should I do the online check in before we go or wait to check in when we get there (or does it really matter)?

DD mentioned last night that she wants to see SWW for memorial weekend :scared1:

Is SHE CRAZY!!!! I feel like a terrible MOM, but I really hoped to avoid DHS during SWW!!!

I can't imagine how crowded DHS is during mem weekend AND SWW.

Do I sound Hysterical....................I am!!!::yes::

Hmmmm............ I'm not at all above Bribing her...........

Sorry about my rant

Hello
We are Beach Club newbies staying from Aug 5-11.(If you could add us to the "Be our Guest" List that would be great :goodvibes) Anyway, I posted several pages back just to say hi, but now I actually have some questions.

We plan on taking our 5 year old and our 1 year old to SAB on our first full day there. Looking at the map, I am kind of overwhelmed. Which parts are best for kids that age? Is there a particular location that we should set up camp that will be close to the places for them?

Also is the walk to HS really bad in August? Thinking about attempting it. Are we crazy to do it with 2 kids?

Thanks so much for your help. Love this thread and are looking forward to out time there.:banana:

DD mentioned last night that she wants to see SWW for memorial weekend :scared1:

Is SHE CRAZY!!!! I feel like a terrible MOM, but I really hoped to avoid DHS during SWW!!!

Sorry about my rant

AHH DHS during SWW is miserable! LOL. We were there last year and planned an 8AM Hollywood & Vine ressie (our 2 yr old loves the characters!) and was so excited because it wasn't morning magic hours so we'd have an opportunity to get in before everyone else! We showed up and there was a HUGE crowd, one of the SW characters was on top of the gates asking if they should let us in.

We went to the gate to let them know we had 8AM ressies and they said oh well we're opening the gates at 8 today so you'll have to wait. We ended up not getting in to H&V until 8:30 by the time we got through the crowd and checked in!

Sorry about my rant

Well, does she really love Star Wars? It will be super crowded, for sure, but if she is going for the people watching / characters / etc.... and doesn't mind not doing as many rides, it might make her really happy!

Or bribes. Bribes always work.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter