2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

I have a question regarding rooms at the YC as I am contemplating booking a few nights in July with the new room discount that just came out. I was thinking of doing CL, but was wondering how convenient it would be to run up to the lounge from SAB throughout the afternoon? If we decide to go, we would most likey be spending alot of time at the pool, but I don't want it to be a hassle to go to the lounge, nor do I want to spend the extra money on CL and not utilize it. So, in your opinion, would it be better to just go with a water/pool view or go with CL? We have stayed at BC before and have shopped/dined at the YC many times so we're familiar with the resorts overall, but have not done CL. We have done WL CL as well as GF SL & RPC, so any input between those CL lounges/offerings and YC CL would be appreciated. TIA :flower3:.

And as part of the endless and annoying ticker updates that I've been posting, LOOOOOOK!!!! Mickey's ear is starting to poke out the other side of SSE and my ticker has NO MENTION OF MONTHS.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::banana:

So sorry that you have to face this! I totally understand, especially with three kids and one mom. I'm sure you will still have a ball.

Janet, I just saw this picture and thought of you!!!

Totoro.jpg

:teeth: I love that picture!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that summer discounts came out this morning. Effective June 15-August 14 25% of Y&BC rates. I just upgraded from SV CL to GV CL for our June trip and knocked over $900 off price!

Congratulations! For me, getting the discounts is just as exciting as making the initial reservation.

First, thanks so much to Mickey T and Dee for posting the April activities schedule! We're so excited to be headed for warm weather soon - beach this Friday, POFQ on Tuesday and then YC the following Friday! I won't be able to check in here much, but Dee can text me with any last-minute missions after I close down the Dis on my computer Thursday night!

I have been trying to read through this thread but it moves so fast I can't keep up so hadn't seen that this was more of an "urgent" fix. That makes the timing a little more understandable. No less disappointing to us but at least it now makes a little bit of sense! I was really ticked thinking they knew this info all along and never disclosed it. We're going for DH's work conference (well, half of the trip) so we're stuck there for at least those days and since its such a pain to move resorts there's no sense in doing so, plus to make a lateral move quality-wise would cost a LOT more since we got a discounted rate for the meeting. :( Just makes me rethink our plans a bit since I'll be solo with 3 kids (9, 6 and 12m) and had planned for pool days on DH's long meeting days but my oldest will quickly get bored without the slide so I think I'll just add park days to our tickets and do less pool time. Slightly nervous about braving the parks with 3 kids and no help but hopefully it'll work out OK! We haven't been since the older 2 were 3 and 15m.

In629, I just wanted to offer a few thoughts. We also have three boys, ages 5, 11 and 12. I do lots of things solo with our boys when my husband is working or we're going with him to a conference destination, including park days at WDW.

I really believe that BC is an outstanding location for the solo mom with kids. It's just so easy to get to Epcot and DHS, and with a good park plan and an early morning arrival at the parks, you can do so much without long waits. If you go to MK with the kids on your own (I've done that solo with kids, too) then early morning is particularly key!

Next Tuesday, my husband is heading home from the beach so I'll be a solo mom w/o help during our 4-night/5-day WDW visit. I plan to be up super early, try to take everything at a slower pace (we'll see about that!) and bail when the parks get crowded. I have ADRs for both lunch and dinner every day, but if I was doing CS lunches, I'd get there no later than 11:30am to avoid the crowds.

As for SAB, we stayed at BC during a slide/partial pool closure last year. Yes, the slide is a selling point for our older boys at BC. But even when the slide is open, our boys go down it 3-4 times and then use other areas of the pool the rest of the time. Our 11 and 12-year-old actually spend a ton of time in the kiddie pool with the slide (they go down that one too!) and in the zero depth sandy area with their little brother. While they don't use the circular part of the lazy river much, they like that 4 ft deep area at the base of the lazy river. And they've also had lots of fun in the quiet pool. We've stayed at BC four times in the past two years (and some other WDW resorts in between) and logged lots of time at SAB - with and without partial closures. In the end, even our almost-teen said he wouldn't give up BC/YC, even after seeing the extent of the closure this month.

Just wanted to share our personal experience, in case it helps you feel any better. I really hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

"DD and I did this tour a few years ago.. DD was 25 maybe and when we went behind the scenes... she saw Woody without his head :scared1: her first response was OMG no wonder they don't let kids under 16 do this tour!! She was beside herself!! :rotfl2:

~Nannette[/QUOTE]

Saw this quote and was laughing as I remembered my "character out of character" story from about 20 years ago. As a favour for a friend, I suited up as Bart Simpson at a tradeshow here in Toronto, and took breaks with Mickey and several other characters. This was ages ago when the Simpsons were still new. She hadn't been able to find a "real" actor who met the height requirements (<5'2") and was stressed, so I offered. It was h-o-t and uncomfortable in that thing but I was definitely the fan favourite that year!

Anyway, as an unpaid volunteer, I didn't have to follow the union rules that I believe dictated "20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) re wearing the costume. I found it easier to just stay in costume as it was tough to get on/off.

Do not read further if you do not want to read something that is definitely a "magic killer." You have been warned!

I did take breaks in the back with the other characters and "Mickey" was none too pleased with me for being longer in the costume than allowed by union rules. And he had no problem telling me off about it. Nothing magical about him, let me tell you...don't tell the kids, but when he was on break and headless, I actually saw him taking a smoke break! Said he between puffs..."Sweetheart, you may be doing this for fun, but it's not easy being a mouse and you're not making it any easier."

Egads...what would Walt say?!?

Right, Dee. No w/d in the studios.

The washers we've had were not high efficiency.

On a cash reservation. the detergent should be replenished every day. For stays on point, a single use box is in place on checkin and replenished on trash/towel and full cleaning days. It is now All...used to be Tide.

But if you're staying in a studio and you use the Villas laundry room, the washers are High Efficiency.

But if you're staying in a studio and you use the Villas laundry room, the washers are High Efficiency.

Am I remembering this correctly?

You need to use your key card for the villas to enter the laundry room, but there is no charge for use of the washers/dryers (although there is a charge for detergent)

Thanks for the April info. Excited to see Muppets on there.

Anybody ever done the Tie Dye mickey shirts at the pool. I think my kids would love it and have something to take home.

Please post Easter activities if anybody sees one

So excited. We leave in 4 days!:woohoo::banana::cool1:

Saw this quote and was laughing as I remembered my "character out of character" story from about 20 years ago. As a favour for a friend, I suited up as Bart Simpson at a tradeshow here in Toronto, and took breaks with Mickey and several other characters. This was ages ago when the Simpsons were still new. She hadn't been able to find a "real" actor who met the height requirements (<5'2") and was stressed, so I offered. It was h-o-t and uncomfortable in that thing but I was definitely the fan favourite that year!

Anyway, as an unpaid volunteer, I didn't have to follow the union rules that I believe dictated "20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) re wearing the costume. I found it easier to just stay in costume as it was tough to get on/off.

Do not read further if you do not want to read something that is definitely a "magic killer." You have been warned!

I did take breaks in the back with the other characters and "Mickey" was none too pleased with me for being longer in the costume than allowed by union rules. And he had no problem telling me off about it. Nothing magical about him, let me tell you...don't tell the kids, but when he was on break and headless, I actually saw him taking a smoke break! Said he between puffs..."Sweetheart, you may be doing this for fun, but it's not easy being a mouse and you're not making it any easier."

Egads...what would Walt say?!?

:rotfl2:

I thought I had read that fairly recently. That's why I qualified that the w/d we've had have been regular ones (in one and two BRs). Who knows whether they are changing them all to HE as replacements are needed.:confused3

Am I remembering this correctly?

You need to use your key card for the villas to enter the laundry room, but there is no charge for use of the washers/dryers (although there is a charge for detergent)

That's right, Dee.

Just a quick note to let everyone know that summer discounts came out this morning. Effective June 15-August 14 25% of Y&BC rates. I just upgraded from SV CL to GV CL for our June trip and knocked over $900 off price!

Saved $100 off our last two nights :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm getting so excited!!! Like butterflies already. We've worked so hard and this vacation has been 6 years coming!!! DH and I got marriedso young we never had a honeymoon, we were surprised (and completely blessed) with our girls young. We've never been on a trip together or as a family. He used to be barely able to ask for Christmas off. He would work 7 days a week SO hard. He is so amazing that he worked so much extra to send odd and i to disney for my first time ever august 2010. Finally, about a year ago, everything changed. He was given the best job we could ever ask for, and now, finally, we get our dream family vacation!!! This is making all the struggle, tears, exhaustion and chaos so worth it! I wouldn't appriciate the trip as much without going through everything we did. To make it more magical, we get to celebrate our anniversary while we are there, and we get one date a year usually (no support or real family where we are). Who could ask for more??

Sorry tmi I'm sure. I'm just feeling so blessed and I'm thankful for everyone here who made this planning possible and really assisted us in making the most of our trip. Beach Club here we come, May 17-27!!!

Bob, Jeanne and I are heading to Typhoon Lagoon in about an hour. Can't wait to have some Disney fun!!!! We rented one of the private areas where you get four chairs, four towels, an umbrella, all in a reserved spot where nobody can mess with your stuff and chairs!!! And it's very reasonable. Only way to do the water parks!

Bob, Jeanne and I are heading to Typhoon Lagoon in about an hour. Can't wait to have some Disney fun!!!! We rented one of the private areas where you get four chairs, four towels, an umbrella, all in a reserved spot where nobody can mess with your stuff and chairs!!! And it's very reasonable. Only way to do the water parks!

Have a fun time! Catch a wave for me!

Oh that sounds so nice! Rainy windy horrible day here yuck yuck yuck:scared1:Hope you have alot of fun:)

Saturday night I made an online reservation for BC (to replace my YC reservation). Sunday things were just crazy, but yesterday I managed to call to cancel the YC reservation. And the phone call was magical. Not because I got anything, but because the CM was friendly and patient and obviously loved his job. He tried to see if he could get us four days in a row at either resort, asked whether I had my heart set on BC/YC - if I would consider a different resort (he said that we might enjoy ourselves more if we didn't have to pick up and move after 2 days) - and he tried for a good while, but he just couldn't make it happen. There weren't any rooms. He said to keep checking online because you just never know when someone might cancel...

The CM was genuine in his love for Disney, and it really made a difference to me. It was such a good chat and made me feel all the more excited about our trip. And I know that y'all understand! :good vibes:

In all of our visits we have never done a water park!!:confused3

We always say we will, "Next Time".......and then I can't tear myself away from the parks to do it.

TL is definatly the one I would choose.

Have a great time :thumbsup2

I have a question regarding rooms at the YC as I am contemplating booking a few nights in July with the new room discount that just came out. I was thinking of doing CL, but was wondering how convenient it would be to run up to the lounge from SAB throughout the afternoon? If we decide to go, we would most likey be spending alot of time at the pool, but I don't want it to be a hassle to go to the lounge, nor do I want to spend the extra money on CL and not utilize it. So, in your opinion, would it be better to just go with a water/pool view or go with CL? We have stayed at BC before and have shopped/dined at the YC many times so we're familiar with the resorts overall, but have not done CL. We have done WL CL as well as GF SL & RPC, so any input between those CL lounges/offerings and YC CL would be appreciated. TIA :flower3:.

It won't be a far walk at all if you're at the kids end of SAB. You will need to go through the lobby though, and they do require shoes & cover-ups in the lounge. We were at BC CL last week & there was a family with 5 kids that would run back & forth from the pool to the lounge dripping wet for snacks & drinks - on the 2nd day the CL CMs did stop them all & said they could not enter the lounge anymore without shoes & proper attire (cover-up I'ma ssuming they meant). I'm surprised they weren't stopped in the lobby, that marble floor could be very slippery with wet dripping kids & bare feet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter