2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

WEll after MUCH MUCH debate I have decided to bag my split stay with Poly and BC CL. Here are my choices for the vacation and I can't decide which one to do.

1. First 3 nights at POFQ (this will be a savings of 450 over the Polly and 3 nights BC GV CL (this part of the trip remains constant)

2. First 3 nights at BC GV (no club level available during front end of trip that is garden view - just standard and lagoon) and 3 nights BC GV CL (this wil be a savings of 150 over Poly but 300 more than POFq)

Our front end of the trip has MK one day and a day of off site stuff. I am leaning towards POFQ,saving 450 and using this towards meals, etc. I very very much like a good view and am having a hard time justifying a BC CL starndard view on the front end of the trip...

WE love split stays and stayed at POFQ last summer a few nights and really enjoyed it. I have a 35% off pin code too....

WWYD>>>>> thanks!~Melissa

WEll after MUCH MUCH debate I have decided to bag my split stay with Poly and BC CL. Here are my choices for the vacation and I can't decide which one to do.

1. First 3 nights at POFQ (this will be a savings of 450 over the Polly and 3 nights BC GV CL (this part of the trip remains constant)

2. First 3 nights at BC GV (no club level available during front end of trip that is garden view - just standard and lagoon) and 3 nights BC GV CL (this wil be a savings of 150 over Poly but 300 more than POFq)

Our front end of the trip has MK one day and a day of off site stuff. I am leaning towards POFQ,saving 450 and using this towards meals, etc. I very very much like a good view and am having a hard time justifying a BC CL starndard view on the front end of the trip...

WE love split stays and stayed at POFQ last summer a few nights and really enjoyed it. I have a 35% off pin code too....

Uh-oh...did I talk you out of the Poly? Sorry if I did...although I think you made a great decision, FWIW. If you like split stays and think POFQ makes sense, then by all means...save the money. It sounds like you've really made up your mind already. :goodvibes

In reading your post, two things jump out at me...
1) you really enjoyed POFQ last summer.
2) you love split stays, so it's not a big deal for you to move resorts.

i know i tend to think of coupon savings as free money to spend elsewhere. so taking it a step further, choosing the resort with the lower final bill would mean I had extra $ to spend guilt-free!

If the front-end of your trip was going to be resort-oriented, then my WWYD response would be different, but given that the plan is to be at MK and off-site for two of those three days, I think I would go for POFQ for the first three and BC-CL for the second three.

LOVE that you have a 35% off pin. Good for you!! :woohoo:

Can anyone tell where to find the tread that links you to the room views at Bc? Someone posted it on a older Bc tread and I cat find it. It listed the room numbers and you could see around the area.TIA

HI

I am so excited to be leaving this Friday. Got my kids packed today!! Have to pick up Easter basket stuff and sandals.

If the info comes out about Easter activities and times will you please post them. Trying to finalize ADR s for that day. Wanted Captain's grill brunch but couldn't get it or cape May. Didi get an early Ohana which the kids will love.

Planning on a non park day so we don't want to miss the candy scramble and Easter activities.

Have you guys been over to the Theme Park boards yet this morning?

They are reporting an anticipated shortage of Mickey Bars for the next few months due to a dairy farm workers strike in Wisconsin.

:mickeybar :scared1:

On a related note, don't forget to turn the page on your calendar today!!!

:lmao::lmao: You had me going for awhile!! You're bad! :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Movie by the Beach April 2012 Schedule, popcorn::

Movie starts at 8:30. Anyone know what time the campfire is?

Mondays - The Incredibles
Tuesdays - The Muppets (2011)
Wednesdays - Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Thursdays - Bolt
Fridays - Ratatouille
Saturdays - Enchanted
Sundays*- A Bug's Life

* on Sunday April 22nd, Earth Day - Disney Nature: African Cats

Looking for an April activities schedule!!! If you are staying at YC/BC early in the month, or if you have a club level reservation and IPO mails you an activities schedule, please PM me or email me at beachclubdee@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Dee

Can one of our DVC friends help me answer questions about what kind of washing machines are in the villas?

There is a BCV laundry room- info and pictures on Page 1 (Ameneties section)

The studios do not have machines, correct?

Are the machines in the 1 BR and 2 BR categories regular or high efficiency machines?

Detergent included, bring your own or does it depend if you are staying on points or cash?

Thanks!!!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that summer discounts came out this morning. Effective June 15-August 14 25% of Y&BC rates. I just upgraded from SV CL to GV CL for our June trip and knocked over $900 off price!

Can one of our DVC friends help me answer questions about what kind of washing machines are in the villas?

Are the machines in the 1 BR and 2 BR categories regular or high efficiency machines?

Detergent included, bring your own or does it depend if you are staying on points or cash?

Thanks!!!

This is from my best recollection as I am not allowed to do laundry! (Pour Clorox on everything and you can get out of it forever!):laundy:

Studios do not have machines. They use the laundry room on Page 1.
The 1BR and 2 BR are standard washer and dryer. They had one pouch of detergent. Staying on cash may be replenished as housekeeping comes daily. DW just packs the little travel packs of detergent from home.

Thanks!!!

No machines in the studio. I'm not sure about the machines at BCV laundry room, but when our family used the machines in the laundry room at the BWV, we needed to use our own detergent or buy some there.

Just a quick note to let everyone know that summer discounts came out this morning. Effective June 15-August 14 25% of Y&BC rates. I just upgraded from SV CL to GV CL for our June trip and knocked over $900 off price!

Congrats on getting this great deal:thumbsup2

Thanks!!!

Right, Dee. No w/d in the studios.

The washers we've had were not high efficiency.

On a cash reservation. the detergent should be replenished every day. For stays on point, a single use box is in place on checkin and replenished on trash/towel and full cleaning days. It is now All...used to be Tide.

We are going July 10-21:banana::yay::woohoo:

Great dates! We have gone to Florida during the second week of July for the past 3 years and we have been blessed with decent weather. Wishing the same for you.

I have been MIA for awhile. Just crazy spring. Here I am posting but am leaving for my parents today because Mom is having major surgery tomorrow. They have kept cancelling it due to the risks but now it is a go. I need to be there just in case because I do not want my Dad to be alone.

Rusty, I missed this part when I was buzzing through the thread yesterday.

:grouphug: to you and your family. Hope all goes well today.

Arriving at the Yacht Club August 17th-24th! :goodvibes Booked 3 garden view rooms for my family, my parents, and my brothers, can't wait!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Page 1 Be Our Guest list

On my visit to WDW this past week, I took a visit to the Beach and Yacht resorts. Last night, I showed my mom the pictures I took of the area and she loved it! Probably booking a trip at YC/BC for late September. :goodvibes

Let us know when you book and if we can help you with any information.

Best Wishes for your mom's speedy recovery. DFIL is going in tomorrow for hip replacement surgery tomorrow, so DH is all nerved up about that. I know DFIL will do great, plus he knows his reward is going to Disney next April!!! (he's never been). :hug:

Thinking good thoughts for your DFIL's surgery.

:lmao::lmao: You had me going for awhile!! You're bad! :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Sorry about that!

MickeyT to the rescue once again!!!

Here is the April activities schedule. Please note that it does not mention where the pool activities will be taking place during the SAB closure time.

Campfire at 6:30. Movie at 8:30.

There is a separate flier for Easter activities, but I haven't seen it yet.

scan0001.jpg

We always do laundry half-way through our vacation to help save room when we pack. This is our first time at BC and we saw they have a laundry service. I figure it's a steep price, but does anyone know the exact price of their laundry service? Not the dry cleaning that is also available, but the valet laundry service.

Thank you!
Amy in NC

Hi Amy- posted some prices (which are about a year old) a page or so back, but I realized I did not give you a formal

:welcome:

Let us know the dates of your trip if you would like to be added to the Page 1 Be Our Guest list. :cool1:

We are going back to Beach Club Villas this September. I am so excited to go back as DH and I both missed it on our trip last year. It will be DH, myself and our DD who will turn 3 on our trip. We will be there from 9/29 to 10/7.
My favorite part for this trip is the entire day we have planned for just the pool.

I am so excited! Today was our 180 day mark so we were able to book all of our reservations and got everything we wanted!

Hi everyone... just chiming in here because I'm about to burst! We planned our trip back in November and we're finally spilling the beans to our son on Easter morning. We keep referring to the trip as "Amish Country" (our code word) but on Easter we're going to have an easter egg hunt and surprise him with the news. I can't wait to create an official countdown calendar and have him share in our excitement!! :)
Hopefully he'll be excited too because all he keeps saying is that he wants to go to St Louis this summer (where his aunt, uncle and cousin live) hehe

After everything I've read, especially from our own Private Eye - Teena, they couldn't help closing it at that time or they'd risk further damage to the pool which could cause it to be closed permanently. They discovered the problem during their routine rehab and in ordering all the parts and getting all the details worked out to get the work done ASAP, the April 9th date was the earliest they could start and they just don't want to wait.

It stinks! But I hope you'll still have a fantastic time and maybe with some Disney Magic it will be open sooner or you'll have to much fun at the quiet pools or at the Luna Pool at the Boardwalk that the closer won't put a damper on your trip.
I have been trying to read through this thread but it moves so fast I can't keep up so hadn't seen that this was more of an "urgent" fix. That makes the timing a little more understandable. No less disappointing to us but at least it now makes a little bit of sense! I was really ticked thinking they knew this info all along and never disclosed it. We're going for DH's work conference (well, half of the trip) so we're stuck there for at least those days and since its such a pain to move resorts there's no sense in doing so, plus to make a lateral move quality-wise would cost a LOT more since we got a discounted rate for the meeting. :( Just makes me rethink our plans a bit since I'll be solo with 3 kids (9, 6 and 12m) and had planned for pool days on DH's long meeting days but my oldest will quickly get bored without the slide so I think I'll just add park days to our tickets and do less pool time. Slightly nervous about braving the parks with 3 kids and no help but hopefully it'll work out OK! We haven't been since the older 2 were 3 and 15m.

I have been trying to read through this thread but it moves so fast I can't keep up so hadn't seen that this was more of an "urgent" fix. That makes the timing a little more understandable. No less disappointing to us but at least it now makes a little bit of sense! I was really ticked thinking they knew this info all along and never disclosed it. We're going for DH's work conference (well, half of the trip) so we're stuck there for at least those days and since its such a pain to move resorts there's no sense in doing so, plus to make a lateral move quality-wise would cost a LOT more since we got a discounted rate for the meeting. :( Just makes me rethink our plans a bit since I'll be solo with 3 kids (9, 6 and 12m) and had planned for pool days on DH's long meeting days but my oldest will quickly get bored without the slide so I think I'll just add park days to our tickets and do less pool time. Slightly nervous about braving the parks with 3 kids and no help but hopefully it'll work out OK! We haven't been since the older 2 were 3 and 15m.

So sorry that you have to face this! I totally understand, especially with three kids and one mom. I'm sure you will still have a ball.

Janet, I just saw this picture and thought of you!!!

Totoro.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter