• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Has the Beach Club specific merchandise arrived? The YC had some very nice items and I'm so hoping the BC will have resort specific not just DVC :goodvibes

I have heard from a reliable source that BC merchandise has arrived at the Market Place.

~Marlton Mom

I don't know about "reliable" sources ;) but Marlton Mom provided photos of the BC merchandise after her OMDD trip. They appeared on the previous thread and are also on page 5 (post 71) of the thread below:

Beach Club Marketplace Photo and Information Thread

Morning all!

As a newbie DVC owner at BCV, I am fast discovering how popular this place can be!

I currently have reservations on a 2BR villa from August 19-26. Good news is I can think about moving our vacation up since plans fell through with my side of the family so we're taking my in-laws instead. Bad news is trying to get a 2BR at BCV anytime in July or even early August is like winning the lottery. I already have waitlist requests on in July, but someone please tell me that we still have a chance at going earlier! I've been checking online daily, and while there are other resorts open, I keep backing away. It's BCV or bust (well, at least until August 19)!

Based on the ticker, we'll be there at the same time.

Re: dining plan. I personally don't think the regular DDP is that great of a deal. And I really struggled with whether I wanted to add the DxDP to our trip this time (we did, but I'm still pondering that one). I would recommend that you look through the menus in All Ears. That will give you an idea of options and pricing. Being close to Epcot means you can eat at the CS in World Showcase. I love Morocco and France and Sunshine Seasons for CS, and they are not expensive. In MK, Columbia Harbor House is quite good. In DHS, both 50's and Sci-Fi are OK in terms of pricing and they are TS restaurants. In both of those, the portions are large enough that you can share.

I was going to post a lot of the exact information above! You have suggested some of my family's favorite CS locations :Tangeriene in Morocco, French bakery, Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbor House and we like Tamu Tamu in AK. I hear good things about the sandwiches (and cupcakes) at Starring Rolls in HS.

I also suggest splitting meals- portions at a lot of the table service locations are huge (my family easily could have ordered 3 meals to share between the four of us at Kona this summer)

I personally like having the dining plan, but there is certainly a lot more flexibility in how and what you order if you don't have it.

SAB's hours are different depending on the time of the year. I believe when I was there in August it opened at 9 AM but I'm not totally sure about that. The three quiet pools are open 24/7. You cannot get into SAB unless it's "open".

A few months ago we were told the standard operating hours of SAB were 10 am to 10 pm until further notice. I would like to know if this will change seasonally, that is, if hours will be expanded on either end when the weather gets warmer.

Can people who are staying as the summer approaches report back about what they are experiencing for open and closing hours of SAB.

TIA!

Hi there. What time of day do the lifeguards do the games with the kids at the pool? We will be at the BC next month for the first time and want to make sure my kids get to enjoy this. Thanks.

Hi there. What time of day do the lifeguards do the games with the kids at the pool? We will be at the BC next month for the first time and want to make sure my kids get to enjoy this. Thanks.

Here is the March 2012 Activities Schedule- Thanks Tisha in PA!

March2012.jpg

This is posted on Page 1 of this thread (Activities post). When and if I get the April schedule, I will post it there.

Not sure when in April you are going, but there is talk of moving the pool activities, possibly to one of the quiet pools, during the rehab of the slide and a portion of SAB.

Morning all!

As a newbie DVC owner at BCV, I am fast discovering how popular this place can be!

I currently have reservations on a 2BR villa from August 19-26. Good news is I can think about moving our vacation up since plans fell through with my side of the family so we're taking my in-laws instead. Bad news is trying to get a 2BR at BCV anytime in July or even early August is like winning the lottery. I already have waitlist requests on in July, but someone please tell me that we still have a chance at going earlier! I've been checking online daily, and while there are other resorts open, I keep backing away. It's BCV or bust (well, at least until August 19)!

I have DVC friends (home is Animal Kingdom) that have been trying to get BCV for three years with no luck. So I'd say your chances are slim. But you are doing it right, check every day!

A few months ago we were told the standard operating hours of SAB were 10 am to 10 pm until further notice. I would like to know if this will change seasonally, that is, if hours will be expanded on either end when the weather gets warmer.

Can people who are staying as the summer approaches report back about what they are experiencing for open and closing hours of SAB.

TIA!

I think 10 PM is probably the latest it's ever open.

YES! Beach Club merchandise is alive and well....I was there last week and there were t-shirts, jackets, prints, mugs, towels, luggage tags, key chains,and an assortment of other items. Not a gigantic selection, but I did feel there was much more being offered than in the past. If anyone is there now, maybe they could post a picture of the display..?

Funny this thread popped up today. There is a blue, nylon Beach Club jacket that I fell in love with. I tried it on, it fit perfectly, but as I had already bought several things, I didn't get it. Right before we left, my husband said, are you SURE you don't want that jacket?? Trying to be the responsible one, I said that no, I really shouldn't spend the money.

Well, guess what? I want it. I really, really want it. The question I have for you is, how can I get it? I'm sure I could figure this out by myself, but if anyone is in the know (Teena, are you out there?) and can give me a reply, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch,
Linda

Duh.
Just reread the previous post and the pics that were posted last month are EXACTLY what is still being offered. Including my beloved jacket.

We are staying at CBR and our friend at BC Villa (thanks to her ex mother in law). Will we be able to sit with our friend while she watches her kids swim? We will not be swimming just keeping her company as she is a single mom.

Any help is appreciated.

YES! Beach Club merchandise is alive and well....I was there last week and there were t-shirts, jackets, prints, mugs, towels, luggage tags, key chains,and an assortment of other items. Not a gigantic selection, but I did feel there was much more being offered than in the past. If anyone is there now, maybe they could post a picture of the display..?

Funny this thread popped up today. There is a blue, nylon Beach Club jacket that I fell in love with. I tried it on, it fit perfectly, but as I had already bought several things, I didn't get it. Right before we left, my husband said, are you SURE you don't want that jacket?? Trying to be the responsible one, I said that no, I really shouldn't spend the money.

Well, guess what? I want it. I really, really want it. The question I have for you is, how can I get it? I'm sure I could figure this out by myself, but if anyone is in the know (Teena, are you out there?) and can give me a reply, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch,
Linda

Look on any receipt from merchandise that you purchased at WDW and there will be a phone number on it. Call them and tell them what you want. They will mail it to you.

We are staying at CBR and our friend at BC Villa (thanks to her ex mother in law). Will we be able to sit with our friend while she watches her kids swim? We will not be swimming just keeping her company as she is a single mom.

Any help is appreciated.

Not at SAB but at any of the quiet pools, yes.

Paid off the balance to our trip couple of days ago! :woohoo: One step closer to finally being there! can not wait!

Paid off the balance to our trip couple of days ago! :woohoo: One step closer to finally being there! can not wait!

Is this policy different at each hotel? We have friends staying offsite who will be joining us for a day at MK. I contacted the CL at GF who said "your guests are our guests" and that it would be fine for them to join us at the pool as long as they are with a guest of GF. Is this not the case at BC?

whoops... sorry... I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote Teena's response to bringing friends (non BC guests) to SAB.

Is this policy different at each hotel? We have friends staying offsite who will be joining us for a day at MK. I contacted the CL at GF who said "your guests are our guests" and that it would be fine for them to join us at the pool as long as they are with a guest of GF. Is this not the case at BC?

As Teena replied, your friends are welcome to join you at one of the 3 quiet pools. Stormalong Bay absolutely requires that everyone in your party have a room key- they check thoroughly before anyone enters- in order to keep the best pool in Disney World from being crowded with folks who are not staying at the resort.

I don't think there is any magic to getting a bigger discount,
Except to say.. I am a very emotional person. I was attached to all of the planning for the past 7 months and I was honest. I wasn't angry, I made
Sure I let them know how much I appreciated everything.. Apparently the first switch the guest relations woman added some kind of funky discount so the poly wouldn't cost me any extra money. The last guest relations girl without me asking said" I want to see if I can apply the discount from the poly, for you" she was able to. I no longer have a pool view, but when I booked in oct. there were no standard rooms left and I would have booked it had it been there.. But, my 5 day hopper only cost me $1.. So I feel really really really great about staying at the BC ..

SAB is different. Every single guest (ages 3 and up) must show a room key that says they are staying at the BC, BCV or YC to get into SAB.

However, friends are allowed at any of the three quiet pools at the Y&B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter