• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

I am so bummed that part of the pool will be under renovations too during our stay in April!!! Ugh. We too selected the BC for the slides for the kids. We are also a big pool family and planned to spend one day of our trip pool side. Has anyone stayed at the BC before during a partial pool renovation? If so, was it disruptive? Would you do it again or select a different resort?

I am so bummed that part of the pool will be under renovations too during our stay in April!!! Ugh. We too selected the BC for the slides for the kids. We are also a big pool family and planned to spend one day of our trip pool side. Has anyone stayed at the BC before during a partial pool renovation? If so, was it disruptive? Would you do it again or select a different resort?

Bob and I did and it didn't affect our stay at all. We spent every day at the pool. Like I've said before, in my opinion, even when one-third of SAB is under rehab, SAB is still the best pool at WDW and that's why we stay at the BC (plus we like to walk into Epcot for dinners).

Sigh. Count me in as one of the people who are very sad about the slide and partial SAB closure. We're going from 4/15 - 4/22, so it will be closed our entire stay :( I hope I don't offend all you BC/YC diehards by saying this, but we've never stayed at the BC, and SAB was one of the major reasons I chose it for my family. We are a HUGE pool family -- my children actually almost prefer pool time to time in the parks (seriously).

No worries about offending us. We are here to help you with information so that you can enjoy your stay at the BC/YC/BCV EVEN MORE!

Just to do a pool count, while you're staying during that time of pool construction you can pool hop at the:

(1) Beach Club Villa's quiet pool and hot tub,
(2) The Yacht Club's quiet pool and hot tub,
(3) The Beach Club quiet pool and hot tub,
(4) The Boardwalk Inn's quiet pool and hot tub,
(5) the Boardwalk Inn's themed pool with the clown slide
AND (6) the open parts of Storm Along Bay!

This sounds like a hoppers delight to me! I'm sure this pool hopping adventure would keep a couple of teens interested and happy.

To counter their disappointment, show them the overhead maps of these resorts on Google earth to give them a taste of the pool hopping adventures that await them. Some people may look at this as a loss where others will see this as an opportunity, one that is only afforded in these rare circumstances!

Keep in mind that Storm Along Bay will still be cool! That Lazy river is the bomb!

I hope that helps!!

~Marlton Mom

Hi winnie&me! Yes, we stayed at BC at the end of the slide closure/partial pool closure of February 2011. We didn't find it disruptive, and we would absolutely stay there again during a slide closure (see my post from the previous page, below.) In fact, we will! We'll be at YC next month during the closure and as I said earlier, don't believe it will impact our stay much. And if your family loves slides, the slide at BWI is quite fun! As Marlton Mom mentioned, I see it as a great pool-hopping opportunity.

For those who may have joined the conversation recently, I also wanted to offer some encouragement, share that we had personal experience with the slide closure last year (February 2011) and emphasize how much we still enjoyed the pool and our stay. And during our most recent BC stay (August 2011) we spent nearly the entire day at SAB. The jib slide was open that day and as much as our boys love it, they only went down it three times and spent the rest of the day in other areas of the pool. There is just so much pool to enjoy! During our YC stay next month, I plan to spend the afternoon at SAB with our youngest son. Based on our experience at SAB (with and without slide closures), I really don't feel the jib slide closure will impact us much.

I've taken many SAB photos over a number of trips last year (mostly in August) and like Teena said, it might help to review the photos to see how much of SAB is available to enjoy!

SAB Photo Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2790323

Ok, so I have a question. I keep getting the "I dunno" from different CM's when I call.

When we booked our reservation we were told that the all white (i.e. bedding, headboard, walls, etc) at YC were the Concierge Level rooms. Now it looks like they are the standard rooms. AH!! :headache:

Can anyone help clarify this? We just want to know what to expect.

Thanks!

Does anyone have pictures from a standard (that's non-club-level, not view) YC room that they can post?

I think Teena has said they are the same, pictures are always my favorite way of answering a question

I think this was Room 4163. A corner room, water view non CL.

2011BeachandYachtClubTrip101.jpg

Thanks for the pics of the rooms! It did clarify it for us. Since BC and YC are the same for us during our early Oct 2012 trip, we are sticking with YC to get a better view and a balcony. Fingers Crossed!

Thanks for the pics of the rooms! It did clarify it for us. Since BC and YC are the same for us during our early Oct 2012 trip, we are sticking with YC to get a better view and a balcony. Fingers Crossed!

This was our only stay at YC after many stays at BC and BCV's and we loved it. :thumbsup2

Mickey T, great photo and as a BC vet/YC newbie, I'm certainly happy to hear this!

Can't to see your photos and hear all about your stay at YC next month!! 7 more months until we head to our first stay at either resort.

HELP!!!

Ok... my TA just sent me an email and let me know that I have a PIN that will do one of 2 things:

lower my bill $400 and move me from a stadard to pool view

OR

lower my bill $100 and move me to standard view CLUB LEVEL!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I don't know what to do and need some advice.

I've never had either! pros and cons please TIA

I go with CL over view. CL is fantastic!

Can't to see your photos and hear all about your stay at YC next month!! 7 more months until we head to our first stay at either resort.

Thanks, kelleigh! Let me know if you have any missions that I can accomplish while I'm there to help with your planning! :)

cmpayton For all the reasons others mentioned, I'd go with CL! When staying CL at BC, we found we spent lots of time in the lounge and, therefore, less time in our room. As a result, view may not matter quite as much as with a non-CL room. The breakfast, the appetizers, snacks in the afternoon, etc. are all more important to us than the view. But if I could have both, I'd choose that!

ok... it's final... I upgraded to club level! Thanks to all of you for the input. I knew I loved this thread for a reason :love:

Just booked to go back to BC! :woohoo: And, I booked a room for my mom too. She will be turning 65 while we are there and she has never been to WDW! It's my present to drag her to the World this year. Funny thing is that I was concerned about what DH would say about the cost of booking 2 BC rooms for 7 nights, so I tried to bring up the idea of staying at POR (in the new Royal rooms) and to my surprise, he's the one that said to go back to BC/YC. So, I don't feel guilty - it was *his* decision.

So, I'm officially back in this thread and excited to be going back to F&W.

edit to add:
Can I be added to the guest list?
Oct 6 - 13 BC
Thanks!

Hello YC/BC fans! I just wanted to reiterate Dee's comments from earlier this morning. I can absolutely understand disappointment regarding the jib slide closure next month, and everyone should feel free to share those feelings.

For those who may have joined the conversation recently, I also wanted to offer some encouragement, share that we had personal experience with the slide closure last year (February 2011) and emphasize how much we still enjoyed the pool and our stay. And during our most recent BC stay (August 2011) we spent nearly the entire day at SAB. The jib slide was open that day and as much as our boys love it, they only went down it three times and spent the rest of the day in other areas of the pool. There is just so much pool to enjoy! During our YC stay next month, I plan to spend the afternoon at SAB with our youngest son. Based on our experience at SAB (with and without slide closures), I really don't feel the jib slide closure will impact us much.

I've taken many SAB photos over a number of trips last year (mostly in August) and like Teena said, it might help to review the photos to see how much of SAB is available to enjoy!

SAB Photo Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2790323

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and encouragement Pixarmom!

The photos you linked to are so helpful as well. I was looking at the map of SAB in post two and trying to figure out if the big open area past sinking sands is all part of the same pool that the slide exits into and if so, was that whole area closed when you were there during the slide closure? Thanks so much for any info:goodvibes.

I asked the other week for advice on room requests - unfortunately, I have just realised I sent my reply to the old thread, so I am repeating it here. So once again, many thanks.

I would indeed like to be added to the Be Our Guest list.
We shall be staying at BC 5/26 - 6/9

On a different theme, I am quite an early riser (6:00), so i was wondering if anyone could recommend an interesting walk at sunrise (around 6:30). Looking for something that that will show different sights/sounds of WDW to those we are more familiar with.

On a different theme, I am quite an early riser (6:00), so i was wondering if anyone could recommend an interesting walk at sunrise (around 6:30). Looking for something that that will show different sights/sounds of WDW to those we are more familiar with.

Oh good question! I'm looking forward to seeing an answer to this one, and to hear your own thoughts when you get back from your trip. Hubby and I both early risers...him more than me, but I definitely like to walk and will want to get out there for a workout in the morning.

I would think that around the boardwalk would be a nice walk

I enjoy morning walks and when we stayed at the BC I would do the loop around the Boardwalk - heading out the back door of the BC I would go left, over the bridge toward Seabreeze point and then make the loop. One neat thing I like to see is the bakers prepping for the day in BW bakery.

I asked the other week for advice on room requests - unfortunately, I have just realised I sent my reply to the old thread, so I am repeating it here. So once again, many thanks.

I would indeed like to be added to the Be Our Guest list.
We shall be staying at BC 5/26 - 6/9

Yes...Love going around the the lake early in the morning. Usually a good number of people out and about.

EpcotJog.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter