2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Teena. Now, how to figure out how to replicate it on the relative "cheap".

From the FAQ:

What is that awesome smell at the Beach Club? Where can I purchase the bath products used at the Yacht Club?
I've never slept better in my life- can I buy the mattress?

Yes!!!

Want to feel like you are living at the Yacht or Beach Club all year long??? You can purchase the body products provided for use during your stay, you can buy the same type of mattress that encourages restful vacation sleep and you can even purchase the scent system used in the lobbies so that your house can smell like your "Home away from home":

Check out the Disney Resort Collection for bedding and bath products (h2oProducts, Aquatics line)
www.disneyresortcollection.com

The scent generator may be purchased at www.scentairhome.com
The scent used is green clover and aloe

Unfortunately, I don't think the smell generator is exactly "cheap"

I believe there was at one time a Bed Bath & Beyond product that replicated the smell, but IIRC, the product was recently discontinued. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Does anyone know if you wanted a breakfast sandwich from Marketplace are they pre-made? My daughter would love to have the egg on croissant but not with cheese or ham. I wasn't sure if they would make one for her. Trying to come up with a few quick items that everyone would like that they can grab on the way to the parks. TIA

Hello Mom3girls! Just to follow up on MM and natebenma's posts, we went to BC Marketplace for breakfast over Memorial Day weekend. (We were staying at the Dolphin for one night, but STILL walked over to BC for a quick service breakfast!) My husband and youngest son ordered the breakfast sandwiches and I can confirm they were made-to-order! We ordered and watched them assemble the sandwiches. So it would be very easy to customize your breakfast sandwich. If you look under the heating lamp, right beyond the yogurt parfaits in the case, you'll see the croissants, ham and eggs all in separate spots:

d30bd7a8.jpg

From the FAQ:

What is that awesome smell at the Beach Club? Where can I purchase the bath products used at the Yacht Club?

Yes!!!

Want to feel like you are living at the Yacht or Beach Club all year long??? You can purchase the body products provided for use during your stay, you can buy the same type of mattress that encourages restful vacation sleep and you can even purchase the scent system used in the lobbies so that your house can smell like your "Home away from home":

Check out the Disney Resort Collection for bedding and bath products (h2oProducts, Aquatics line)

I believe there was at one time a Bed Bath & Beyond product that replicated the smell, but IIRC, the product was recently discontinued. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

This is why I come here.....experts, experts, experts. Thanks for the info. You just intervened a futile web search and saved me a lot of time.

Thanks for posting the activity schedule for July! DS has already picked out what activities he wants to participate in:yay: 17 more days til we check into the BEACH CLUB:goodvibes I am bursting at the seams with excitement!!:banana: I cannot wait to take advantage of the close proximity of Epcot. We did not get to spend much time there last year.

Let me start by saying everyone on these boards are always so helpful and that is multiplied on this YC/BC thread! I was brought to DisBoards and mostly hang around the DCL forums.

Last fall while staying at SSR we booked a character breakfast at Cape May for the morning we were leaving...we were waiting in the lobby for our table to be ready and husband said to me "we should stay here next time" (always love when the husband plays along with my Disney craziness). So mama was on the phone the day my booking window opened to get a reservation in a 2 bedroom villa.

We will be arriving on 7/24 for 5 nights and are really excited. I have to admit travelling to Disney in the middle of the summer does not appeal to me. We have no intention of dragging 4 young kids through the parks in near 100 degree heat and plan on fully enjoying the Beach Club. We come often enough that the kids do not even mind not going to the parks.

I have been lurking around here for several months now and really ramped up my research in the past week. I just wanted to Thank everyone who posts information and answers questions. You may just think you are answering a silly question but do not realize it helps so many others who come through looking for info. Thanks so much!!

Welcome!!! Hope you love BC as much as we do! We usually go to WDW in the December - March timeframe, but did a quick summer trip in July last year. We loved it and thought SAB was fantastic in the afternoons. Have a great trip! :wizard:

Let me start by saying everyone on these boards are always so helpful and that is multiplied on this YC/BC thread! I was brought to DisBoards and mostly hang around the DCL forums.

Last fall while staying at SSR we booked a character breakfast at Cape May for the morning we were leaving...we were waiting in the lobby for our table to be ready and husband said to me "we should stay here next time" (always love when the husband plays along with my Disney craziness). So mama was on the phone the day my booking window opened to get a reservation in a 2 bedroom villa.

We will be arriving on 7/24 for 5 nights and are really excited. I have to admit travelling to Disney in the middle of the summer does not appeal to me. We have no intention of dragging 4 young kids through the parks in near 100 degree heat and plan on fully enjoying the Beach Club. We come often enough that the kids do not even mind not going to the parks.

I have been lurking around here for several months now and really ramped up my research in the past week. I just wanted to Thank everyone who posts information and answers questions. You may just think you are answering a silly question but do not realize it helps so many others who come through looking for info. Thanks so much!!

Welcome!

We are having a Mini BC/YC Dis Meet on July 25 at 6:00 in the Solarium.
Let us know if you want to meet up with us!

Our first stay at YC/BC was last July, and we fell in LOVE with it!! We too spent much of our afternoons at the pool (you will really enjoy that), and hit the parks early in the morning, and usually head over to EPCOT for dinner and a nice evening. The walk to EPCOT is so, so, so nice.

Have a great trip, I hope Teena will be back for you to meet her....she's wonderful.

Teena: I know you leave tomorrow for peanut's birth, my DD will be 14 tomorrow, it's a great month for birthdays :)

Hi,

I thought I had read somewhere that some Yacht Club rooms have a shared balcony. Is this true? If so, what room categories could potentially have a shared balcony? Also, what exactly does this mean? Does it mean there's one balcony that can be accessed from both rooms? (so the room you share the balcony with could potentially see into your room?) If anyone has any more details or pictures, it would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I are planning to book a stay at the Club Level of Yacht Club and would want to guarantee we have a private balcony. Thanks for all of your help!

-Emily :confused:

Hi,

I thought I had read somewhere that some Yacht Club rooms have a shared balcony. Is this true? If so, what room categories could potentially have a shared balcony? Also, what exactly does this mean? Does it mean there's one balcony that can be accessed from both rooms? (so the room you share the balcony with could potentially see into your room?) If anyone has any more details or pictures, it would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I are planning to book a stay at the Club Level of Yacht Club and would want to guarantee we have a private balcony. Thanks for all of your help!

I have the same question! The idea that someone would be on the balcony and just outside my window isn't something I want! My understanding is the only place this is a possibility is oddly enough on the CL floor!

The chocolate croissant logs are to die for so get one (or 2, or 8) of those for me!

~ Marlton Mom:worship:

Chocolate croissant log?????? How did I miss that:scared1: I will be sure to have one next month, is that a snack credit?:)

Yes, they are a snack credit on the dining plan so dig in. They are really double size so if you are a light eater in the morning you could easily split one with your Husband/wife over coffee. The problem is that they are so good you are probably not going to want to split it. We are talking Chocolate and Croissants people!

Out of all the things I ate on the dining plan, those Chocolate Croissants and the Canadian Filet with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce are the things that I am dreaming of.

Beep, Beep, Beep, BEEPBEEPBEEP.... NEWS FLASH!

On our last day at the Beach Club I was getting sandwiches to go for the airport. I was ordering from The Marketplace and the ladies that worked there said that for now you cannot make any changes or substitutions to the sandwiches. An example of this might be swapping out the mozzarella cheese for swiss.

The ladies said that the powers that be were going to change the sandwich station so that you could tell them what you wanted on your sandwich and they would make it 'your way'.

Of course the ladies had no idea when this change would take place. They just said that that's what they would be changing it to.

Now on to traffic and weather. Take it away Mickey...

~Marlton Mom

Thanks everyone for answering my million questions!
I'm sure I will have more at some time or another. LOL

I wanted to say thanks for all of the birthday wishes yesterday! You guys made my day!! (That and the fact that we're almost at the YC!) :grouphug:

Jennifer :thumbsup2

From the FAQ:

Yes!!!

And here is a link to the H20 website & the Disney Resort Collection products:
http://www.h2oplus.com/category/bath+and+body/disney+resort+amenities.do?nType=1

OK, folks. Hedwig has almost reached the owlery, so that means I will be away for a few days! :yay:

The place I'm staying only has balconies for 9% of their rooms. I called earlier this week to add the request for a balcony to my reservation. I followed some great advice and only asked for my most important request, but I know enough about math not to be very hopeful I will get one.

I'll probably check in once or twice later today before heading off, so if anyone has any last minute requests to be added to the guest list or noodle list, now is the time to do that!

Everyone have a great week!

For those of you traveling to Orlando in the next week or two- I hope you all have fun, fantastic trips and beautiful weather (fingers especially crossed for this) :cool2:

I'll miss you, but hopefully I will be able to pop in at some point and deliver an exciting baby announcement and pictures from Teena and her new grandpeanut!

Hi,

I have the same question! The idea that someone would be on the balcony and just outside my window isn't something I want! My understanding is the only place this is a possibility is oddly enough on the CL floor!

Here is a post that appeared on emilyrachael's original thead:

1) Shared balconies have a short railing between.
2) If one jumps the fence, one can get to other balcony.

Has anyone here stayed in a room with a shared balcony? Comments? Pictures???

I'm a little concerned after reading that last post about the shared balconies at YC and being able to jump the small railing. I don't know how big of an issue this will be. Can you get a roll-away bed in one of the water view or deluxe rooms to accommodate a group of 5 or are these rooms actually smaller than the rooms with daybeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter