2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee - we are checking into the Polynesian on July 14th.
The only thing we have scheduled is dinner at Kona.
Let me know your have your schedule and we'll figure out something!

My Mom is coming home tomorrow! I'm going over today to get her bedroom ready. We have one of those stair lift chairs installed and my two sisters and I will be taking turns to make sure someone is always with her.

No one knows how long we will have but she really, really just wanted to come home so we are very excited.

I am glad to hear your mom will be returning home. I'm sure that will mean so much to her after being in the hospital for so long. Let her know that the strength of many prayers and heartfelt thoughts are with her and your family!

Our plan is not to decide about our visit to MK until we are in Orlando, so we won't know until early that week. Tentative plan is 6 PM to 11 PM at MK, so we might be able to do something after your dinner. Or I could crash your dinner! LOVE Kona!!!

I will e-mail my contact info to you.

Dee

That is EXACTLY the shot I want (although I would prefer a daytime shot). I didn't even know I wanted this picture until I saw it on the photo thread, but he hasn't posted here, so I don't know him and didn't want to ask for use of his photo.

I have been trying really hard not to post pics to the front page without permission.

Thanks!

No way! I took a photo of the outside of the solarium (with the sign) in the daytime. I looked at it and thought - nah, someone else (Sinderelly) just submitted some great solarium photos - and deleted it!! Ugh!

Finally got photobucket to work for the bounceback card, but then realized it may not be the same card in each resort. Mine is from AKL (and includes some zebra dome frosting!)

Dee - we are checking into the Polynesian on July 14th.
The only thing we have scheduled is dinner at Kona.
Let me know your have your schedule and we'll figure out something!

BTW - I have a 7th grade dd who just this minute called me to tell me she
needed lunch money!!!! They have pre-paid cards and she "fogot" to tell me that her account ran out yesterday. Luckily for her I have to go by the school on my way to my Mom's house.

My Mom is coming home tomorrow! I'm going over today to get her bedroom ready. We have one of those stair lift chairs installed and my two sisters and I will be taking turns to make sure someone is always with her.

No one knows how long we will have but she really, really just wanted to come home so we are very excited.

Robyn- so glad your mom is coming home...continued thoughts and prayers

No way! I took a photo of the outside of the solarium (with the sign) in the daytime. I looked at it and thought - nah, someone else (Sinderelly) just submitted some great solarium photos - and deleted it!! Ugh!

TOO Funny! Was your photo of the outside outside or the inside outside? Do you know what I mean?

I am looking for a picture taken from the outside of the rounded entrance.

Wow, this thread moves.

I, too, have a 4th grader who'd love to have a DIS graduation party in 12 years! She's a brilliant but lazy type student. Takes after her Dad! :thumbsup2

My phone ticker says we're down to 47 days before we check in to the YC!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Jennifer

As some of you may be able to guess, I really like to plan ahead. But it is even too early for me to start putting the RSVPs for the June 2023 Graduation Extravaganza DIS meet onto the front page. Soon, though! :rotfl:

Great, Amanda! But seriously, don't go out of your way if these are not already in your plans or if your plans change- there are others out there who can provide the photos now or in the future!

PS- Please leave the refrigerator in the room! :upsidedow I would hate to have to to bail you out... hmmm... but then I would be in Orlando...

LOL--I really would love a new refrigerator for my classroom, though.

I won't be changing plans unless I decide to change the plans I already made. Right now, I intend to go to Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hannahs.

TOO Funny! Was your photo of the outside outside or the inside outside? Do you know what I mean?

I am looking for a picture taken from the outside of the rounded entrance.

OK - I feel better now - mine was an inside outside photo, so it would not have been the one you need.

And add us to that 2023 graduation party list when you're ready for the RSVPs!

Yea!! Just booked our trip for the BC from 10/12/11-10/19/11. Wanted the YC but only expensive rooms available (we stayed there last year during the 40% off discount). Now just waiting for a discount code (which the CM assured me there would be) otherwise we may have to rethink the resort since the total price is more than I can wrap my head around!!!

As some of you may be able to guess, I really like to plan ahead. But it is even too early for me to start putting the RSVPs for the June 2023 Graduation Extravaganza DIS meet onto the front page. Soon, though! :rotfl:

Can we join you also? My DD is in 4th grade also :laughing:

A few more questions:

1)Can anyone confirm the prices of the Cape May Cafe breakfast and dinner? There is no specific price on most of the menus I've found, including the wdwinfo page. The allears menus haven't been updated in almost 8 months, so I don't know how current those prices are. :confused3

2)What exactly is the "Bubblin Bay" area of SAB? Saw it on the map on the first page but don't know what it is.

3)How deep is the deep section of SAB? (for my mom, who is not a swimmer)

Great news Robyn!! Enjoy your time with her!!

~Nannette

Treasure the time you have with her!!! I'll be thinking of you!

So I am at the beach club this week and I learned something troubling last night and it was confirmed today.

Chatting with a man andhis daughter in the hot tub last night, he asked where I was from. When I asked him the same question, he said about 10 mins away. He said he comes to the beach club to swim all the time. He said they don't check for room id after 4:00pm and it's free game.

Talking to another couple just a few mins ago I got the same story.

It seems pool hopping at wdw is easier than some folks would like to believe.

A few more questions:

1)Can anyone confirm the prices of the Cape May Cafe breakfast and dinner? There is no specific price on most of the menus I've found, including the wdwinfo page. The allears menus haven't been updated in almost 8 months, so I don't know how current those prices are. :confused3

2)What exactly is the "Bubblin Bay" area of SAB? Saw it on the map on the first page but don't know what it is.

3)How deep is the deep section of SAB? (for my mom, who is not a swimmer)

1) Don't know the price of the dinner- can someone going in the next week or so check the buffet price and post back here. I think I have read that some of the restaurants have a busy season surcharge. Anyone know about this, or what dates this would take place?

Has anyone noticed recent price increases at other restaurants. Seafood is not inexpensive, and I certainly don't see the price going down any time soon with declining supply and overall costs (gas prices) on the increase.

3) Pretty deep- around 8 feet at the greatest depth, I think. But there are a lot of places in SAB that are waist deep.

2) I'm not sure what Bubblin Bay is- it is a cove to the left of the slide exit, if you are looking at SAB from the slide exit. Honestly, I have spent way too little time in SAB. I don't remember anything remarkable about this area. Is it just a cove? Does anything happen here? Anyone know how deep it is here?

So I am at the beach club this week and I learned something troubling last night and it was confirmed today.

Chatting with a man andhis daughter in the hot tub last night, he asked where I was from. When I asked him the same question, he said about 10 mins away. He said he comes to the beach club to swim all the time. He said they don't check for room id after 4:00pm and it's free game.

Talking to another couple just a few mins ago I got the same story.

It seems pool hopping at wdw is easier than some folks would like to believe.

Yes but do they need to check for I.D. after 4pm?
Was the pool crowded?

Signed, a fly on the wall in Marlton NJ

Can we join you also? My DD is in 4th grade also :laughing:

Boy, this could end up being a BIG party. Just think, 12 years to plan it. We'll have the best dessert party on record!!!!

Robyn: Cherish every moment with your Mom. One of the most comforting thoughts that I have about my Father is that he lived the last 6 months of his life without going back to the hospital and took his last breath sitting in HIS chair in HIS living room. Just the way he wanted it.:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter