• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing DH said to me when we began looking at menus was "why is everything so fancy?" :rolleyes: lol

Seriously we should, because it's been super hard to figure out where he will like! lol Between his must have carbs for breakfast (waffles or french toast) to dinners (usually lunch is pretty simple) it's been a chore in itself. Though of course he tells me last night he was willing to try Les Chefs de France, I was like really? He said they have chicken he could try. lol

:laughing: @ fancy, DH and I will look watch cooking shows on tv and he always comments that "they ruined it now" when they pour some type of sauce on the meat :lmao:

You know mine said the same thing about Les Chefs de France, he wants to try Marrakesh too (not for the food) :rotfl:

DH loves his breakfast buffets in fact buffets in general suit him quite well as long as he can load his plate with Meat Meat and more Meat :rotfl:

Well, I'm September 17-21 and I'd go on the noodle list but I think that they are already spoken for on the 18th. Maybe we could split the time. I wonder if they sell the noodles in September at WM or Target?

If I do get on the list I could help keep track of it

:laughing: @ fancy, DH and I will look watch cooking shows on tv and he always comments that "they ruined it now" when they pour some type of sauce on the meat :lmao:

You know mine said the same thing about Les Chefs de France, he wants to try Marrakesh too (not for the food) :rotfl:

I've had some really good lamb, at Marrakesh. So while the bellydancer may be the draw, they do have some good MEAT too.:rotfl2:

DH loves his breakfast buffets in fact buffets in general suit him quite well as long as he can load his plate with Meat Meat and more Meat :rotfl:

I've had some really good lamb, at Marrakesh. So while the bellydancer may be the draw, they do have some good MEAT too.:rotfl2:

On our January '10 trip my MiL wanted to eat Marrakesh. It was one of her few requests. So on the day-of when DS~then 12yro~ asked where we were eating & gave me 'the look' when I told him, I explained there was entertainment in the form of a bellydancer. He had no clue so I told him it was a lady who's belly showed and she danced around with her hips doing all sorts of crazy shakin' moves, it was traditional, and interesting. His response? A hopeful grin, wide-eyes, and "Is she wearing a top?!?!" :laughing: I guess these boys never grow out of some things. :sad2:

That night same son read the adult menu and opted to go safe with chicken tenders from the kids menu. When my lamb & couscous arrived he was very interested. I let him try my lamb which I only ended up with a couple bites of. This started his lamb addiction. Now every Disney menu that's placed in front of that boy he searches diligently for a lamb dish. It was very good lamb! :goodvibes

lol Well I showed him the menu for Narcoossee and he was quite excited about it, so I cancelled Coral Reef and booked there. Which was good because I still had 2 "extra" credits on the plan, so now I'm just down to one "extra."

:lmao::lmao:

Hey Guys!! Landed at 6:30 p.m., and was magically surprised upon our arrival with Club Leval upgrade!!!!! I just can't believe it. My family was so surprised:thumbsup2

John had the front desk quickly check us in so we could make our 8:15 ADR's at Cape May.

I was worried about getting here in time (it took us 1-1/2 hours from landing to driving up using ME, wich really isn't bad), but it all worked out.

Ready to enjoy the lounge on Tuesday and head over to EPCOT.

Everything here at BC is absolutely wonderful.

Congrats on the upgrade that is wonderful!

Or try my recipe:

1. Go to your freezer section in your local grocery store.
2. Look for Edwards Key Lime Pie.
3. Take home and defrost in the refrigerator.
4. Eat!

I've had lots of key lime pies, and this one is very good!!!

This is right up my alley:yay:

Well, I'm September 17-21 and I'd go on the noodle list but I think that they are already spoken for on the 18th. Maybe we could split the time. I wonder if they sell the noodles in September at WM or Target?

If I do get on the list I could help keep track of it

They sell noodles all the time here in Florida at WM!

Hi Guys!

We live in Missouri, just north of Kansas City (about two hours north of Joplin). My nephew, who is an EMT, and several friends in the law enforcement and medical fields have rushed down to help out in any way they can. The devastation is jaw-dropping. Estimates run anywhere between one-third and two-thirds of this city of 50,000 being destroyed. From what I have seen and heard from those seeing it firsthand, it's a blessed miracle that the death toll is only as high as it is (and knock wood that it doesn't increase as they continue the search and rescue operation). Perhaps the worst part of the story is the continued weather events they're experiencing: today brought flash flooding, quarter-sized hail, heavy rain, and further threats of tornadic activity (in a town where many of the sirens and other warning system components have been damaged or destroyed). In other words---it could easily get worse for these people.

I was going to go to Joplin myself, but they aren't letting anyone in who isn't properly credentialed (i.e. medical professionals and law enforcement or military). To be honest, I'm kind of glad I can't go...seeing this with my own eyes would probably be too much, and I don't know what good I would be under those conditions.

What we've decided to do is what many are doing: donate blood (they're critically short on several types), and we have several boxes of Pampers we bought through the Amazon diaper deal a couple of months ago that we're going to send down, as they need those as well. I figure those folks need them worse than we do.

We leave for Disney (and the BC) next Tuesday, the 31st. I gotta say, I feel kind of guilty about even taking the trip. There are myriad threads on Facebook pages about the Joplin tornado where people are searching for family members who are still missing, and it really makes you stop and think. I try to be thankful and appreciative for the things we have, the lives we lead, and the activities we are able to enjoy---but situations like this bring home the harsh and oft-ignored reality that none of us are promised a tomorrow, and that those things in our lives we take for granted (home, car, possessions, family) can be gone in an instant.

I'm including some links to YouTube below. These videos are news footage from Joplin that has been laid alongside Google Street View images of the same locations, so you can see exactly what the level of destruction is. As I said at the onset, it's really just stunning. In one video, the field reporter loses his composure and has to stop his narrative...pretty powerful stuff.

Sorry to be a Donald Downer. God Bless Joplin and its residents, and all of those who have endured similar disasters, natural or otherwise.

Joplin Footage

Joplin 2

Joplin 3

Joplin 4

We live just south of Olathe and it is just unreal to watch the news about this. We are leaving June 3 for WDW (also staying at the BC) and I am thinking maybe loading up a few things to take down and drop off the day we leave. I was getting ready to make a drop off at Goodwill anyways with children’s clothes and such. Figure they could use it just as much. I have been listening to the police scanner for that county and you can just hear the exhaustion in their voices. But they just keep going. Praying for all involved.

Hi everybody again! :wave2:

Since I'm stuck in this Bell services closet I've had a chance to read the entire thread and let me tell you it seems like me and the misses plus the kids are in for a busy summer. It only seems right that since I'm going to be spending so much time with you that I introduce everybody in the Pool Noodle family.

I'm Paul Noodle and I work as a life guard. My hobbies are Curling and making root beer floats.

The missus, Pastina, likes Yoga and hanging out with the kids. Our daughter, Penne is a senior in High school and she hopes to get into Long Beach State University.

Our son Ramen is on the syncronized swimming team at school and he is costing us a fortune in hair gel due to those Justin Bieber locks he's hiding under that hat.

Here are some recent family photos of us so you'll recognize us at the Hotel. Keep in mind that we swim naked, so we won't be sporting our eyeballs or stuff like that when we are in the pool. We learned our lesson the hard way one summer when Grandpa lost his teeth in a tragic skimmer accident.

Pool noodle family shot by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Here is a picture of me and the misses getting in shape for our Loooong vacation. It's grueling out there in the summer being jumped on all the time by the kids. Thanks to our Noodle Trak work outs we feel like we are ready for anything, including that slushy goose thing you guys keep talking about.

Here is a picture of Penne as we tend to see her 24-7-365. Let me tell you that girl could talk the ears off of anyone, in fact that's why we're missing ours! We had to go retro and put Penne on the rotary phone so we could slow her down a bit. That girl just burns up the phone lines!

Pool noodle Penne doing what she does best sm file by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr
Pool noodle cross trainers sm file by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Next we have our dear son Ramen. He is in middle school and unfortunately he is just discovering girls. It seems he thought that it would be a good idea to join the synchronized swimming team so he could meet them. Personally I would have opted for the Marco Polo team but that's just me.....

Pool noodle Ramen playing the Wii by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Finally we have a shot the kids just insisted on including.

Pool noodles caught in the shower by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Well there you have it. An introduction to our fine family. Like I said we'll be hanging around the Beach Club/Yacht Club for as long as we can this summer.

If you run into us be sure to snap a picture and post it to the BC/YC FAQ thread and remember we won't be wearing our eyeballs when we go to the pool since that thing with Grandpa and everything....

:grouphug:

Paul, Pastina, Penne and Ramen Noodle

Note to self---DO NOT check this thread from work. My students are doing silent reading and so I was too, until I saw this last post by the Noodle Family. My laugh was not silent! Can't wait to see the Noodles!:happytv::yay:

Oh gosh.:rotfl:...Trying to explain why I am laughing at pool noodles is getting increasingly difficult. :lmao:

Thanks so much for sharing your 'personal' life.

Since I'm stuck in this Bell services closet I've had a chance to read the entire thread and let me tell you it seems like me and the misses plus the kids are in for a busy summer. It only seems right that since I'm going to be spending so much time with you that I introduce everybody in the Pool Noodle family.

I'm Paul Noodle and I work as a life guard. My hobbies are Curling and making root beer floats.

The missus, Pastina, likes Yoga and hanging out with the kids. Our daughter, Penne is a senior in High school and she hopes to get into Long Beach State University.

Our son Ramen is on the syncronized swimming team at school and he is costing us a fortune in hair gel due to those Justin Bieber locks he's hiding under that hat.

Here are some recent family photos of us so you'll recognize us at the Hotel. Keep in mind that we swim naked, so we won't be sporting our eyeballs or stuff like that when we are in the pool. We learned our lesson the hard way one summer when Grandpa lost his teeth in a tragic skimmer accident.

Pool noodle family shot by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Here is a picture of me and the misses getting in shape for our Loooong vacation. It's grueling out there in the summer being jumped on all the time by the kids. Thanks to our Noodle Trak work outs we feel like we are ready for anything, including that slushy goose thing you guys keep talking about.

Here is a picture of Penne as we tend to see her 24-7-365. Let me tell you that girl could talk the ears off of anyone, in fact that's why we're missing ours! We had to go retro and put Penne on the rotary phone so we could slow her down a bit. That girl just burns up the phone lines!

Pool noodle Penne doing what she does best sm file by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr
Pool noodle cross trainers sm file by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Next we have our dear son Ramen. He is in middle school and unfortunately he is just discovering girls. It seems he thought that it would be a good idea to join the synchronized swimming team so he could meet them. Personally I would have opted for the Marco Polo team but that's just me.....

Pool noodle Ramen playing the Wii by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Finally we have a shot the kids just insisted on including.

Pool noodles caught in the shower by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Well there you have it. An introduction to our fine family. Like I said we'll be hanging around the Beach Club/Yacht Club for as long as we can this summer.

If you run into us be sure to snap a picture and post it to the BC/YC FAQ thread and remember we won't be wearing our eyeballs when we go to the pool since that thing with Grandpa and everything....

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This thread moves too fast for me to keep up with it, but I just saw this and it was EXACTLY the kind of humor I needed to see today!

quick question for the transporation experts:

thinking about heading to DTD after leaving MK one day, and thought about taking the Saratoga Springs bus, then the ferry over to DTD. But I wondered if STS has more than one bus stop? and if they do, would you know which stop we should get off on to be near the ferry?

It may be so close that we could walk over from STS, but we've never been there so I'm not sure how it's laid out.

I know I am probably too late to answer this since you are already down there, but when we go to DTD from MK, we walk to the CR bus stop and take their DTD bus.

I'm watching the INSANE Casey Anthony opening remarks by the defense ("it was an accident .. she fell in the swimming pool") and it is making me so mad and then I got on line and read the last few posts ... Bob wants to know why I'm now laughing when I was screaming mad a minute ago.

I'm watching the INSANE Casey Anthony opening remarks by the defense ("it was an accident .. she fell in the swimming pool") and it is making me so mad and then I got on line and read the last few posts ... Bob wants to know why I'm now laughing when I was screaming mad a minute ago.

Fell in the pool? With duct tape? :sad2: That whole thing breaks my heart. I feel for you guys down there with the constant media coverage of it. Our governor is back on re-trial here so we are getting a lot of coverage but his excuses are laughable :rotfl:

Again, three cheers for Marlton Mom, er, I mean Pool Noodle for keeping the humor going over here!!!!!

I just changed my trip from June to August. Our kids had too many snow dates to stay with June, and I didn’t want my daughter to have to take her high school finals early so we’re heading to the Yacht Club Aug 11 – 21!!!

Unfortunately, my son didn’t want to miss out on too much summer camp so we’re leaving late … we definitely have you beat ocalla! We’re arriving at MCO at 9:30 pm. I think that we’ll be in the broom closet too :) I hope that there are still some nice waterview rooms left when we get there. So excited to be floating in SAB during the hot, hot August heat! After the winter we had in Massachusetts, I’m really looking forward to this trip.

I hear ya!! I live in Central MA and we get bombarded by snow every year. Seems like the snow clouds hover over my house :mad:. I am going in July and even though I am not crazy about being there in the middle of summer, after the winter and lousy spring we are having at least it should be warm enough to swim:rotfl:...course this year, when my family arrives it will probably start snowing there:lmao:

OMGoodness :lmao::rotfl:

The Pool Noodle family looks wonderful. We can't wait to meet them in December. The flights are out so we will buying plane tickets soon. We looked into upgrading to CL but it's gonna hafta wait until DH get back from the sand box. Another trip to look forward too:goodvibes

Love it, so funny Love the Ramen noodle....

Paul please post anytime, you made my afternoon.....:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter