2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
this year we are only checking 1 bag, the rest are carry-on.................what do I do with the carry-on luggage ?:confused3 I feel really stupid (or is it stressed with the vacation so close), that I don't know the answer to this???

Oh this one is easy! Bell Services will store any of your carry-ons for you between the time you check out & actually leave. Easy-peasy!:thumbsup2

Oh this one is easy! Bell Services will store any of your carry-ons for you between the time you check out & actually leave. Easy-peasy!:thumbsup2

Thank you soooooo much!!! All I could imagine was the 4 of us, walking around DTD all pulling out suitcases :rotfl:

I can relax now......................I think.

Okay ... here is what I know ...

Last year, they were working on the BC Villas when we were there. They were going the same type of work ... painting the siding & trim.

Since we are going to be staying at BCV from 5/30 to 6/6, and the construction there was ongoing last year, does that mean that we'll be spared the majority of the construction that's going on at BC currently?

With the resort at 100% capacity (or nearly so) it sounds doubtful that we'd be able to get a request for a 1BR as far away from that as possible upon normal check-in. Our original request was for a high, Epcot-view villa, so that might do the trick, but heck, from all indications it sounds like I shouldn't try to be picky and just be thankful I was able to get into the BCV at all!

Now at T-minus 10d:21h:24m

Please see my answer above. I doubt very much it will be done by August 31. There is no way of knowing where they will be on August 31st and whether any of the fifth floor rooms facing the back (the lake - that's the water view rooms) will be affected while you are there. Because people keep asking when it's going to be done, I asked two managers a few weeks ago. I got two different answers. One was the end of this year and the other answer was in the Fall. They both said weather is a huge factor as to when it will be done plus the fact that they have no idea how long each area will take until they actually get to that area and see what needs to be done. Some areas need much more work than other areas and they don't know the amount of work at each area and therefore the amount of days it will take to finish that area until they get there and start the work and assess the area. Obviously if they are working anywhere in the back of the resort, which is the area facing the lake, those rooms (whether they are on the first floor or the fifth (club level)) will be affected. However, they could be working in the back area where there are no fifth floor rooms (the fifth floor rooms do not go as far towards Epcot as other floors) or they could be in the front of the building and therefore no water view rooms would be affected.

In other words, unfortunately, there is no definitive answer to your question.

Also, the noise will only be between 9 AM and 5 PM.
Honestly as along as the construction doesn't happen right outside our room then I don't care if it's still going on while we are there.

OK all you airline experts out there, last year we flew Southwest and checked ALL of our luggage the morning of our flight out, then enjoyed the rest of the day until ME time.

this year we are only checking 1 bag, the rest are carry-on.................what do I do with the carry-on luggage ?:confused3 I feel really stupid (or is it stressed with the vacation so close), that I don't know the answer to this???

Our flight back home doesn't leave Orlando until 5:30 that evening?

Help me please!!

Teena, I may need a HUGE drink Monday night after check-in and something tells me I can find JUST what I need right near the pool!!!!

We left ours with the Bell Hops, they will come get it from your room, store it for you and give you a claim ticket for its retrieval...

Went to Oprahs final shows last night at the United Center here in Chicago . It was like being at the Emmys/Grammy awards all in one. Surprise after surprise. All I can say is WOW. 20,000 people filled this venue for a taping that started at 6pm till 1115pm at night. I did not get home till 1230am and I am so sleepy today at work, looking forward to going home and putting my PJS on . I couldn't go to sleep right away last night as I kept thinking of the show, so I started thinking of Disney which relaxed me and helped me to go to sleep. Woke up dreaming about it!!!

That sounds awesome!

I apologize if this has been asked before....what type of coffee makers are in the BCVillas?

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know if Publix will sell pool noodles. Last time I got the while I was at Super Walmart but I don't want to grocery shop there this year.
Also is there a list of who is going in June? We are there 18th - 25th. Teena: I havn't forgotten about the tastykakes: kandykakes and choc jrs right?

Does anyone know if Publix will sell pool noodles. Last time I got the while I was at Super Walmart but I don't want to grocery shop there this year.
Also is there a list of who is going in June? We are there 18th - 25th. Teena: I havn't forgotten about the tastykakes: kandykakes and choc jrs right?

The "Guest Lists" live on page 1, Community Section (near the bottom of the page). This is the list of June guests so far.

Anyone else?

May/June 2011:

littledreamer7, May 28th - June 4th, BC
wehavesix, May 28 - June 5, BCV 2BR
packofprincesses, May 28-June 6, split stay: ASMuFamily Suites/BC CL
cosmiccook, May 29th-June 6th (Wish Trip, 9th BD celebration)
Mommysteig, May 29th-June 9, BCV (school celebrations)
SteveTrek, May 30th – June 6th, BCV
Timon_n_Pumba, May 31st - June 7th, BC
jcondrad, May 31st - June 7th, BC CL

June 2011 (Pixiedust247)

Pixiedust247 June 1- 8 BC
Figaro8398 June 1-8 BCV Disneymoon!!!
princesscharming June 1 -9 BC
witchesbrew June 2-4 BC SV CL
Travelling Indian (Puneeta & family) June 2-8 BC
Niki in NJ June 4-8 YC
Creativeamanda June 5-14 BC
TeacherDL June5- ? ?? BC
I'mTheMama, June 6-11 BC
PamelaKay June 7 to June 11 BC
Cinderumbrella June 7-14 YC
MarltonMom June 10-20 BC
Hanigan-Levy Family June 11 to 17 BC
SolPlyr June 14-21 BCV (3 week- split/stay)
Hawg Pharm June 15-25 BC
DannysMom June 16-25 BC GV CL
kmermaid June 18-25, BCV 2BR
BLTtinkerbell June 25-29 BC
WLfamily June 25 to July 2 BC
Circus Girl, ????, BC CL LV
Ocalla June??? BC
ampooh ???

Chocolate juniors and chocolate kandykakes. We can actually get peanut butter kandykakes at Publix. Bob loves them. I love the chocolate. Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Here goes again regarding the maintenance. The location is ever moving. This is the normal outside maintenance which consists of sanding, painting, siding, etc. All the resorts at WDW are done and it's now the BC's time. Exactly where the maintenance will be tomorrow and next week and next month is not known since it all depends on what they find at the location they are working. For instance, if today they are next to the back doors from the lobby and they find they only need a little sanding and some painting and nothing more, they could be done that section quickly and move on to the next section. However, they might find some areas that need the siding torn out and new siding put on. It might rain for three days. So, where they are and when and where they are going is not something that can be answered except maybe for a few days at a time. Too many factors to consider.

However, what I can tell you for sure is they only work and create noise between 9 AM and 5 PM. The construction machinery is not moved away when they are not working. The cranes and other machinery stays where they are working. If you plan on sitting on your balcony and enjoying the view between 9 AM and 5 PM and happen to get a room where they are currently working when you are there, then just go down to the desk and ask to be moved as soon as they can get you into a new room. Most people are at the pool or parks during these hours and only in their room to change clothes, etc. so even if they get a room where they are currently working, it doesn't really affect their vacation.

As far as what floors are affected, they are working on the entire siding of the building so on any given day they could be working on any given floor or floors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Teena, for all the wonderful information and for your patience. We're staying at the YC in September but it's interesting to know what's gonna be shakin' next door at our sister resort. :goodvibes

When I read the 9-5 work hours bit I had this lovely vision pop into my head. We also are the type to come back to our room for a rest, nap (no little squirts...us old folks require it, too), swim, etc. I think it'd be fun to sit on my balcony or patio and have a nice little chit-chat with the workers that might be nearby. Oh I'd ask 'em how they're hanging in there, what it's like doing what they do, how long have they worked around the resorts (I realize these are likely contractors), and other stuff like that. Heck, maybe I'd offer 'em a bottle of water. It'd be nice to talk to them. We always enjoy talking to random CMs and workers. I like to think maybe it breaks up the day for them, too. ;)

Oh! And Teena, I know I'm not on that personal a level with you (yet) like some of the others, I'd like for you to know that there's plenty of folks out there you may have no awareness of who know who you are and think of you. Every time I put on my "Save the Ta-Tas" shirt I think of you...and my grandmother and my cousin who are both survivors as well. I think of you and send my quick little prayers your way. :hug:

Thank you Teena and Mickie and Minnie's Mom for the information (and Marlton Mom thanks for the laugh and the vision of the lavendar pool noodle beating :lmao:). My biggest concern is for nap time. Without a nap my son will not make it through evening activities. He doesn't nap much at home but at Disney we find that he needs a nap (or at least a rest time). During this nap I usually hang out with a beverage and a book and get "me" time. My greatest concern is the noise during nap and/or the inability to have a relaxing place for this "me" time on vacation.

I do understand that all resorts need upgrades and fresh paint, etc., to stay the quality we expect. However, with that said, I also don't want to save and look forward to a vacation and find when I get there it is a construction area. One day near our room, ok, I can hack that but for the week I would be very upset.

I'm just concerned because I won't be able to gauge the situation myself until I am there so I do thank you all for the info.

ETA: Ok, someone just slap me around and tell me to get a grip. It can't be that bad right?? Surely if I get unlucky they will move us if I explain why. I need to learn to not worry or at least not worry until an issue is at hand :) **trying to be positive now** :)

Honestly as along as the construction doesn't happen right outside our room then I don't care if it's still going on while we are there.

Maybe at check-in you could request a room in a location that has already had it's work completed so you won't have to deal with any of the construction stuff. Just a thought so you don't get in a room then have the work location move to you mid-trip. Ya know?

Thank you soooooo much!!! All I could imagine was the 4 of us, walking around DTD all pulling out suitcases :rotfl:

I can relax now......................I think.

We left ours with the Bell Hops, they will come get it from your room, store it for you and give you a claim ticket for its retrieval...

This is exactly what we've done in the past. Once we had everything in our bags and set to go, even carry-ons, we called down and bell services came to get everything for us. They stored everything until we were ready to go. :thumbsup2

Since we are going to be staying at BCV from 5/30 to 6/6, and the construction there was ongoing last year, does that mean that we'll be spared the majority of the construction that's going on at BC currently?

With the resort at 100% capacity (or nearly so) it sounds doubtful that we'd be able to get a request for a 1BR as far away from that as possible upon normal check-in. Our original request was for a high, Epcot-view villa, so that might do the trick, but heck, from all indications it sounds like I shouldn't try to be picky and just be thankful I was able to get into the BCV at all!

Now at T-minus 10d:21h:24m

Since I haven't been back since last July, I cannot confirm but ...

that was what we were told then. The Villas were being worked on while we were there last year and that work was to begin on the Resort this year. And as you can see ... I mean read ... that has been the case.

I think you will be safe. Good luck! Hope you enjoy your stay at BCV, we always have.

Maybe at check-in you could request a room in a location that has already had it's work completed so you won't have to deal with any of the construction stuff. Just a thought so you don't get in a room then have the work location move to you mid-trip. Ya know?
Well that's something to think about. Now on that other thread which is about the construction at the Beach Club others who recently stayed there mentioned that it looks like the construction has finished in the Club Level areas, so I think that's a good sign.

Well that's something to think about. Now on that other thread which is about the construction at the Beach Club others who recently stayed there mentioned that it looks like the construction has finished in the Club Level areas, so I think that's a good sign.

Cool beans! :cool1: I think the other person who was concerned also said she was staying CL so maybe that's good news for both of ya!

Thanks, Teena, for all the wonderful information and for your patience. We're staying at the YC in September but it's interesting to know what's gonna be shakin' next door at our sister resort. :goodvibes

When I read the 9-5 work hours bit I had this lovely vision pop into my head. We also are the type to come back to our room for a rest, nap (no little squirts...us old folks require it, too), swim, etc. I think it'd be fun to sit on my balcony or patio and have a nice little chit-chat with the workers that might be nearby. Oh I'd ask 'em how they're hanging in there, what it's like doing what they do, how long have they worked around the resorts (I realize these are likely contractors), and other stuff like that. Heck, maybe I'd offer 'em a bottle of water. It'd be nice to talk to them. We always enjoy talking to random CMs and workers. I like to think maybe it breaks up the day for them, too. ;)

Oh! And Teena, I know I'm not on that personal a level with you (yet) like some of the others, I'd like for you to know that there's plenty of folks out there you may have no awareness of who know who you are and think of you. Every time I put on my "Save the Ta-Tas" shirt I think of you...and my grandmother and my cousin who are both survivors as well. I think of you and send my quick little prayers your way. :hug:

Thank you so much!!!!!! Keep wearing that shirt!

You sound like me ... Bob always rolls his eyes because I'll talk to strangers in elevators. I can picture myself talking to the contractors from my balcony!

Hi sweetpee- do you want to be added to the "Guest List" we keep on the front page? What exactly are your YC dates? I'm a little confused by the dates in your signature :)

Oh I am sad... Hubby has a business trip & wanted to come back to YC/BC - sold out :( Looks like we will be at AKL instead... we've never stayed there so it will be a new adventure - but SAB in June is so much better... sigh... here's hoping there are some cancellations & we can move on over :)

Hi sweetpee- do you want to be added to the "Guest List" we keep on the front page? What exactly are your YC dates? I'm a little confused by the dates in your signature :)

May be a good time to post list to see if we have any new/change information. Haven't posted back here in awhile.

OK July August September trip people. Here is the updated list. Let us know of any new/modifications needed.

:wizard:Yacht and Beach Club July Trip List :wizard:
Discorsner July 1 – July 4 (Happy Birthday America!)
chanken3 July 2-July 6 BC
Mickie & Minnie Mom July 2 - July 14 BC
jlw29July 5-12 YC or BC- TBD (DD's 16th BD- 10 of us!),
MMRules July 6 - July 15 BCV
forever11709 July 7 - July 15 BC Party of 15 Please ******Mollys First Trip*******
Kelly in NY July 13 - July 21 BC Big 7th Birthday Celebration
DisneyMomx7 Robyn and family! July 16 - July 31 BC Club Level
DisMom72 July 16 - July 25 BC Club Level
HockeyMomR July 16 - July 22 BC
MsCoz2000 July 16 and July 24 (bookends to a timeshare trip) YC
JennB July 19 - July 28 YC Club (Party of 5!)
Lov2@disney Sandy and crew July 20 July 27 BC
Kldmom2000 July 21 - July 27 BC Club Level
DisneyDad3 July 23 - 31 BC
jultomzach July 23-31 BCV
irsnikity July 25-Aug 2 BC
Swissgirl66 July 28 - Aug 2 BC
Christine9125 July 30 - Aug 4 BC *****40th Birthday****10th Anniversary*****Surprise the kids*****All rolled into 1*****

:wizard: Yacht and Beach Club August Trip List :wizard:
tortoni- first week in Aug ?????
MickeyT(me) and family Aug 3-Aug 7 BCV
Polyluver Aug 7 - Aug 14th BC Hot Time in The Summer Trip
Mitch in GA Aug 5-14 BC
SondraC Aug 5-14 BC
Jaaron2 Aug 6-Aug 15 BCV
KCSherri Aug 6- Aug 13 BC Club Level Mother and Daughter Trip!
Gretchenohar@hotmail Aug 7 -Aug 17 BCV Gigi, PopPop, Matt (age 9), and Emily (age 5)
mrsmom Aug 7 - Aug 12 YC
Ntikos Aug 8 – Aug 14 BCV
mdearlove Aug 8 - Aug 22 BC
Native NYer BCV Aug 10-Aug 13 BCV
Claireybear (Claire) Aug 11 – Sept 1 BC
Maddog17361 Aug 11 – Aug 19 BCV
Mom3girls Aug 11 – Aug 17 BC
Disney-PartyOf5 BC Aug 12- Aug 28 First Time Stay! BC Here We Come!
Kinggoofy Aug 13-Aug 27 YC
Minnie Aug 13 - Aug 20 YC
OThopeful Aug 14-22 BC
dairyqueenmom Aug 16- Aug 20 1st time at the BC and then on to the Village!
RachelRol Aug 16 - Aug 23 YC CL
clanmcculloch Aug 17- Aug 24 YC CL
Nixieh ( & family) Aug 18 – Aug 22 BC Club Level
WsPrincess Aug 18 -Aug 23 BC (CL?)
scottmel Aug 18 - Aug 21 YC CL
AugustDisney Aug 19- Aug 26 YC
DjdBrit (and family) Aug 19 – Aug 29 YC
Polyforme Aug 20 – Aug 25 YC ….Then on to a Dream Cruise!
LuvsBlueDiamonds Aug 21- Aug 23 BC
DeeCeeSW Aug 21 – Aug 28 YC
DawnMaree ( and family!) Aug 22- Aug 30 YC
lady_hlh Aug 22 - Aug 28 YC
jjsdad Aug 22 – Aug 29
Adlergray Aug 23- Aug 27 YC Club Level For the kids birthdays!
jakeybake Aug 23 - Aug 29 BC (20th Anniversary and DD 10th BD)
Nala1128 Aug 24 - Aug 31 YC
Njmom76 Aug 24 – Aug 30 BC
Luvdisney00 Aug 24 – Aug 30 BC
Jmamom Aug 24 – Aug 31 YC
Sunshine NJ Aug 25- Aug31 BC
Mcd2745 Aug 26- Sept 3 BC
ice cube Aug 27 - Sept 3 BCV
SueM Aug 27- Sept 1 BC
Pixarmom Aug 28-Aug 29 BC
coastermom Aug 28 -Sept 2 BC .... .. Daughters Sweet16 girls only trip
DoleWhipMom Aug 30 - Sept 6th BC
CR Fan 4 Life Aug 31 - Sept 4th BC Club Level

:wizard: Yacht and Beach Club September Trip List :wizard:
Vinotinto Sept 2- Sept 7 YC
SueMom2Kay Sept 2 - Sept 11 BCV
3Minnies1Mickey (Shannon & family) Sept 3- Sept 17 BCV
Jetsong Sept 4 -Sept 9 YC Flyin' Solo!
Tinkandonaldfans Sept 7 – Sept 22 BC WEDDING!!!!
Focusondisney (&DH) Sept 10 -15
5westbrooks Sept 10 – Sept 17 BC
austraveler Sept 10 - Sept 15 BC
Cindydare Sept 11 - Sept 17th BC
IndianaHoosier Sept 11- Sept 17 BC
Egdanger1 Sept 12 - Sept 17 YC (40th Bday celebration..Yipee!!!)
I Heart MK Sept 12 - Sept 19 >>>>A Beach Club Honeymoom!<<<<
mickeymouseclubhouse Sept 16- Sept 20 BC
Bookgirl Sept 17 - 21 BC
Jenneth79 Sept 17 - Sept 25 YC Club Level
sweetpea 1993 Sept 18 - Sept 24 YC Club Level - Post Cruise Anniversary Trip
Doccoc2002 Sept 20 – Sept 28 YC Club Level >>>Yes!<<<<<
eangel Sept 24 - Oct 1 BCV
Disneyinachick Sept 25-Oct 8 YC
Tiggr88 Sept 27- Oct 2 YC (DD’s Happy Birthday!)
Nermel9 Sept 28- Oct 8 BC
Donald is #1 Sept 30 - Oct 5
ReneeDisney Sept 30 - October 10 YC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter