• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gang! Long time thread lurker here! I think I may have posted here once or twice... hhmmmm...

First & foremost, gotta thank you all for all the totally fab info & tips. I can't imagine showing up on check-in day and being clueless. Wouldn't ya just have one of these moments --->:scared1:????

Anywhoo, I have a huge favor to ask! I think this quite possibly could be the strangest thing you all have ever been asked! You might wanna sit down for this one.... :happytv: In September we have, yet again, booked a stay at the YC. This will be our post-Dream-cruise stay...checking in on our 18th wedding anniversary...garden view CL for 6 nights. We've balked at booking at the YC again because in the past, at least 3 or 4 times, whenever we've booked the YC something has happened that caused us to have to cancel our trip. I know one of those trips was because of hurricane damage to our home (2008). Last year it was hubby's job situation (or lack-thereof for the 1st time in 17 years!). When I suggested YC for this trip the hubby's first response was a chuckle and, "I dunno...we've got some bad juju going on there..." When we stayed at POFQ this past November we made it a point to go over to Beaches & Creams for ice cream and walk around a bit trying to reverse our bad juju. I thought about asking the front desk CMs to give us a blessing or something but I figured they'd just bless us with some nice, crispy white straight-jackets. Soooooo...pretty, pretty pleasy-weezy-nice-n-cheesy with a whole can of whipped cream ~yes, a whooooole can of whipped cream~ would you all send some good vibes, do a little dance, perform a little ritual, or send a little note to the Yacht & Beach Gods to help us with our bad YC juju?!?! I sooooo wanna stay here! Especially for my anniversary! I'd be ever-so-grateful to y'all. :grouphug: And it's okay to laugh. I certainly am! :cutie: It seems like such a silly thought....but then I read this thread and look at the pics and I get all desperate! :scared:

Hey! My BC stay (17-21) is right before your YC stay (then I head off to POFQ till the 24th). Should I do a Disney JuJu Dance in the YC Lobby to ward off evil trip gremlins? :cheer2:

Although since this is MY make up trip for the snow demons of Feb, I may be using up all my pixie dust allowance just to get me there.:laughing:

Hey! My BC stay (17-21) is right before your YC stay (then I head off to POFQ till the 24th). Should I do a Disney JuJu Dance in the YC Lobby to ward off evil trip gremlins? :cheer2:

Although since this is MY make up trip for the snow demons of Feb, I may be using up all my pixie dust allowance just to get me there.:laughing:

I'll come down and Dance with ya... (17-25) and see if that helps!

If there's enough of us, perhaps they won't have enough straightjackets!:rotfl:

I'll come down and Dance with ya... (17-25) and see if that helps!

If there's enough of us, perhaps they won't have enough straightjackets!:rotfl:

Okay standard game play is start the dance and as soon as the uniforms show up....SCATTER....they can't catch us all. It worked for my twin nephews..they never ran in the same direction.

sweetpee...My pixies for your stay at YC:wizard::cheer2:

That is awesome!!!! I hope they have the same BB offer in September...that way we can book our next trip for the following year...I just don't want a FD offer :sad2:Do they ever have 2 different BB offers at the same time????:worship::worship:

Also...I am one step closer to just needing radiation & not chemo...surgery is tomorrow so I will not be on line for the next few days. I am hoping that I can get onto my iPad at the hospital

Good luck tomorrow with your surgery and will keep my fingers crossed you do not need the chemo.

Hi Ladies!!! It's official, we're at the Beach Club Oct 20th to the 29th! :banana::banana: I am so excited. It will be DH's and I first trip to WDW.

Also...I am one step closer to just needing radiation & not chemo...surgery is tomorrow so I will not be on line for the next few days. I am hoping that I can get onto my iPad at the hospital

Keep strong and have positive thoughts! I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly for you and you get the best results possible! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Marlton Mom

Marlton Mom. I am glad that I am not the only one that noticed the "sad state of affairs" with the pool noodles. Can you share your details about having them shipped to the resort? I considered Wal-Mart but shipping was crazy expensive. What I really would like to do is start a pool noodle pass on thread. Any takers?

Thank you for posting the actvities. I guess they dont have Bingo at the pool anymore. I was looking forward to that, oh well.

I am more of a lurker on this thread than a poster but Teena and doccoco, wishing you both all the best.

2 weeks after we get back from the BC and YC I have to have my big yearly cancer testing, so I think the resorts will be perfect to de stress at for sure.

I am still debating whether or not to rent a wheelchair versus asking for one at the resorts. We were there in december, and it was kind of a wheelchair fiasco, meaning my dh was trying to fix the wheelchair from the BC in the YC lobby with the castmembers tools etc.

OK, I think I managed to get this T-Shirt printed! Unless they bounce my "Original, hand created design of 3 touching circles that do not in any way shape or form resemble previously copyrighted material!!!!" I believe you'll be seeing me in this T-shirt around Storm Along Bay from June 10th to the 20th.

It might be easier to find me just by closing your eyes and listening for the middle aged women yelling that the children are cheating at Marco Polo and they simply MUST stop opening their eyes!

I won't be wearing the t-shirt in the pool of course so just look for the lunatic with the chubby pool noodles. I'm ready to mail those down any minute now. Has anyone else noticed the sad state of affairs concerning pool noodles or is it just me? When they first came out they used to be nice and plump and now they are the equivalent of pool capellini! WTH!!!!
The skinny ones are no good at all for 'beating' the children with ;)

http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/qdf0-000j-cprp/front.jpg

http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/qdf0-000j-cprp/back.jpg

~MM

Cute shirt :thumbsup2 We will definitely say hello if we see you! We spend ALOT of time at the pool in the afternoons on these summer trips (which is how we got to the YC in the first place!)

I admit I got scared when you mentioned the sad state of affair of pool noodles- I thought you were going to say that they don't sell them at YC/BC anymore!! :scared1: I don't have anymore room in my suitcases to pack one either!!! (gal's gotta have her shoes ;))

While we are on the subject, where are the noodles sold? Marketplace or at SAB?

Marlton Mom. I am glad that I am not the only one that noticed the "sad state of affairs" with the pool noodles. Can you share your details about having them shipped to the resort? I considered Wal-Mart but shipping was crazy expensive. What I really would like to do is start a pool noodle pass on thread. Any takers?

As for sharing the noodles, where would we store them when there is a gap between people staying? Also what do we do if two people want them for the same time period?? I don't know how the sharing thing works but I hear there are fridges hiding in the bushes at Pop Century waiting for takers ;)

I'm off to the post office now to mail the noodles. I know I have to mail them to the hotel via the U.S. Post office and not UPS or Fed Ex. (LOL Fed Ex-ing POOL NOODLES!!!) I'll fill y'all in on all the dirty details when I get back.

Cute shirt :thumbsup2 We will definitely say hello if we see you! We spend ALOT of time at the pool in the afternoons on these summer trips (which is how we got to the YC in the first place!)

I admit I got scared when you mentioned the sad state of affair of pool noodles- I thought you were going to say that they don't sell them at YC/BC anymore!! :scared1: I don't have anymore room in my suitcases to pack one either!!! (gal's gotta have her shoes ;))

I think they sell them at SAB. I got my "Fatty" pool noodles at Target for $4 each. We have a pool at home so I'm going to see about shipping them back, unless the shipping costs more that the $12 I spent to buy them.... then I'll pass them along... but I kinda doubt that it would cost more than $12 to ship... we shall see!

~MM

I believe the noodles are sold at SAB, at the Poolside Gift Shop (where you rent tubes). Anyone know a price? From what I have read in the past, they are pretty pricey, around $4-$5 each

it took me 4 days but I am caught up :goodvibes

We brought our pool noodles with us and when we left we talked to our Mousekeeper and she said she would pass them on for us...

On another note can I please get some opinions?
we are suprising DS14 and DS11 with a trip in Dec. A couple of our friends are now saying they would love to come also. While I love them, when we go to Disney we love not having plans (except ADR). I feel so selfish for secretly not wanting them to come but DH is deploying for a year in Feb so its kinda like our last hurahh and then when he comes back Disney is the light at the end of our tunnel. Am I wrong in feeling this way?
Thanks in advance

First off I want to thank all of you lovely people that have answered my questions. I have only 19 days until we check in at the BC and I was getting super excited. Until today....don't get me wrong I am still excited to be coming to the happy place on earth, but I read on another post about the construction that is going on at the BC and the poster was less than thrilled with their stay. The poster had stated that they had workers outside there balcony and could not enjoy it b/c of the noise and the smell of paint. Plus a lot of the windows were covered and you could not see out from the hallways. However, I thought that I read on this thread that the work is only done from 9-5 so you should not really notice it if you are at the parks during this time. So here is my question this time....

If I do early on-line check in and put my first request as Please put us as far away from the construction as you can. Do you think they will make that happen? Or should I just wait and check in the day of?

My other two requests would be to have a room with a full balcony or a bottom floor room with a full patio and/or a room with a view of the fireworks at Epcot.

Honestly I am really not that picky and originally my only request was going to be a room with a full balcony or bottom floor with a full patio. (Since my DH likes to sit outside so much)

We brought our pool noodles with us and when we left we talked to our Mousekeeper and she said she would pass them on for us...

we are suprising DS14 and DS11 with a trip in Dec. A couple of our friends are now saying they would love to come also. While I love them, when we go to Disney we love not having plans (except ADR). I feel so selfish for secretly not wanting them to come but DH is deploying for a year in Feb so its kinda like our last hurahh and then when he comes back Disney is the light at the end of our tunnel. Am I wrong in feeling this way?
Thanks in advance

I am in a similar situation although I have a different way of looking at it.

First one family and then 2 families have decided to join us on our trip. Both are very laid back and it's been a struggle to get them to understand about ADR's and even the loosest of planning strategies.

I have always said when helping them that you can plan as little or as much and still have a great vacation. I also told them "If you don't plan then don't be surprised when you can't eat when and where you want to". I have also said that we can do some things together and what ever else apart. If they tag along with me I don't have a problem with that. If things become cumbersome then we will keep moving and enjoy "our" vacation. The same can be said from the perspective of the other families if my planning and strategies don't fit their needs.

We all are going with the expectation that we will be keeping things loosey goosey and when we are together, that's great, when we are apart that's great too.

Put that concern out there with the other families, plan some meals together and what will be will be. The key is to communicate your concerns and not get sucked into any one else's drama.

Have a great trip, all will work out in the end! :thumbsup2

Marlton Mom

Thanks in advance

I would not feel bad and I would just explain to them that as much as you would love for them to join you that you really just want this to be time with family since your DH will be leaving shortly after. That you would love for them to join you another time or on another trip. I would hope that they would understand.

I was just reading a thread where this person said the room they got at the Beach Club was effected by the construction happening outside which caused a lot of noise. Well I was wondering are their Lagoon View - Club Level rooms effected by the construction currently happening and what are the odds it will be finished by August 31, 2011 which is the day my family and I are checking in?

Went to Oprahs final shows last night at the United Center here in Chicago . It was like being at the Emmys/Grammy awards all in one. Surprise after surprise. All I can say is WOW. 20,000 people filled this venue for a taping that started at 6pm till 1115pm at night. I did not get home till 1230am and I am so sleepy today at work, looking forward to going home and putting my PJS on . I couldn't go to sleep right away last night as I kept thinking of the show, so I started thinking of Disney which relaxed me and helped me to go to sleep. Woke up dreaming about it!!!

Good question. If you can, put off the decision until you get there.

What does your daughter enjoy at waterparks? The thrill slides? Wave pool (TL is very rough, BB is way too calm). Lazy River?

There are lots of fun activities around the pool, for all ages, is your daughter the type that would join in a volleyball game?

In my opinion, an extra day at MK plus SAB trumps the water parks.

I'm tending to lean that way too - trying to cram everything we want to see at MK in one day would just exhaust us, especially when we have an ADR at Narcoosee's on what would be that one MK day (our big celebration dinner). I think I'll take DD up on her offer to forgo the water parks and reward her by giving her as much beach time as possible. Thanks, Dee! :thumbsup2

I am in a similar situation although I have a different way of looking at it.

First one family and then 2 families have decided to join us on our trip. Both are very laid back and it's been a struggle to get them to understand about ADR's and even the loosest of planning strategies.

I have always said when helping them that you can plan as little or as much and still have a great vacation. I also told them "If you don't plan then don't be surprised when you can't eat when and where you want to". I have also said that we can do some things together and what ever else apart. If they tag along with me I don't have a problem with that. If things become cumbersome then we will keep moving and enjoy "our" vacation. The same can be said from the perspective of the other families if my planning and strategies don't fit their needs.

We all are going with the expectation that we will be keeping things loosey goosey and when we are together, that's great, when we are apart that's great too.

Put that concern out there with the other families, plan some meals together and what will be will be. The key is to communicate your concerns and not get sucked into any one else's drama.

Have a great trip, all will work out in the end! :thumbsup2

Marlton Mom

Thank you I guess that what I'm really worried about is keeping everyone happy. We have one family already going but we are just doing the MVMCP together then one more that is going the same time we are and I just found out this weekend that one more wanted to come. I really don't mind hooking up at a park for a couple of hours and then going our seperate ways. We will talk to them and tell them our concerns and remind them that this is also their vacation and should spend time with their families also.:thumbsup2 Thank you for the help, don't want to hurt anyones feelings but want everyone to have a great time too. I'm sure some of my anxiety is because we took a family friend with us in Oct and she didn't enjoy Disney as much as we did and just wanted to go home to her friends. That was really hard on all of us it put a damper on our trip we looked forward to for 2 yrs. You are right it will all work out in the end and none of them are staying at the BC so we can always go to SAB :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter