2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm counting on Mickey T to back me up on this! We're heading down to my parents' condo in SW Florida again for Memorial Day weekend. It's a last-minute decision, so flight costs aren't great but I found a decent price into RSW and out of MCO. Need a place that's isolated from the parks to stay the night before our super early flight out of MCO - trying AKL! Advice welcome! :wizard:

Are you interested in a Disney resort so you can use ME, or doesn't it matter?

I am arriving in August for a family vacation at YC and have talked my BF into returning with me in December to stay at YC (She is 43 and never been to Disney!!!). I NEED A bounceback offer to make the December trip happen. Anyone notice on a recent trip if bounceback was offered first week of Dec? thanks!

When I stayed at Beach Club Villas in March, this was the bounceback offer:

40% off non-discounted price of DVC villas (3-BR grand villas excluded) and deluxe resorts.
All dates were for 2011:
Feb. 1-5
Feb. 13-19
Feb. 27- March 5
May 8-27
May 31 - June 4
August 21 - Oct. 8
Oct. 23-29
Nov. 13-19
Nov. 27 - Dec. 3
Dec. 11-17

I've been putting off posting about my Mom because it isn't good news.

I am so glad that she came with us on our Grand Gathering in 2008.
She LOVED BC and it will always be a great memory for our family.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Robyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that you and your family enjoy the rest of your time together. She sounds like such a brave woman. We'll be thinking of you all.

We're also a family of five, so I know what you mean about having enough of this stuff. (And every once in a while one of the older boys will drain the shampoo bottle in one shower!) Restocking these items has never been a problem for us at BC - with either CL or non-CL stays. During our recent CL stay, the CMs responded to our requests very quickly. Sometimes I ask for extras right away, just to be sure we have enough.

You get all this in the room so you don't need to buy any. If you need more, just call housekeeping and ask for it. If you need it quicker than that, stop by the front desk or concierge desk ... they have a supply too.

Thank you both so much, my packing list just got shorter.

Are you interested in a Disney resort so you can use ME, or doesn't it matter?

Hi Dee - We love magical express, but won't use it for this trip. No real reason to be on Disney property, other than my brand loyalty. :) It's just eat, swim, sleep and drive to the airport. I've been reading AKL threads for advice, but always love to hear from the BC/YC fans!

Katesdad - I thought the exact same thing! But AKL is on our bucket list, and since my husband is anti-Downtown Disney, a stay in that area is not in our future! In August, I'll take our older boys one night after our pre-schooler is asleep. (Of course, that "requires" my husband to stay behind with him and relax at the resort!)

pixiedust: lots of pixiedust, Hoping this time you get to the YC!!

Thank you!!!

Hi Sweetpee- perhaps a visit to the Genie who lives in our Mousekeeping Fantasy Closet and Spa is in order.

He is currently accepting requests for wishes on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays and hopefully will not get fed up and quit after fulfulling the same requests over and over again

"I want to live at the Beach/Yacht Club, a universal fast pass that will work for every attraction in all Disney theme parks and a 6 PM reservation at Le Cellier"

A visit to the Genie in the Mousekeeping Fantasy Closet & Spa (brilliant hideaway ladies...with 2 teenage boys I'm sure I'll be hiding out in there with y'all) is just the ticket! Um, I guess I should schedule a consultation on Thursday but not too early because I'm not a morning person and I'm sure the Genie isn't either. I can offer the wonderful Genie a mean backrub so maybe he'll stay a while. Living at the YC sounds right up my alley as does the universal fastpasses. I'll trade the standing LeCellier reservations for a bottomless cup of 'No Way Jose' with extra peanut butter and fudge that has magic disappearing calories!!!

OK, I'm counting on Mickey T to back me up on this! We're heading down to my parents' condo in SW Florida again for Memorial Day weekend. It's a last-minute decision, so flight costs aren't great but I found a decent price into RSW and out of MCO. Need a place that's isolated from the parks to stay the night before our super early flight out of MCO - trying AKL! Advice welcome! :wizard:

We stayed at AKL in January 2010. ((We froze our tookuses off in a way I do NOT wish to remember...it snowed in the wee hours during that trip...TWICE!)) Aside from the frigid weather, we found AKL to be extremely relaxing. It's removed atmosphere makes you feel like you're in a whole other world. Personally, I think it fits your 'isolated from the parks to stay the night before our super early flight out of MCO" to a T!

Thank you both so much, my packing list just got shorter.

Mine did, too! I ordered 6 full-size tubes of the lotion from H2O a month or so ago. It's the only lotion my hubby likes. If only I knew what kind of toiletries are stocked on the Dream. I could eliminate shampoo, conditioner, & lotion for me, too! :thumbsup2

As the day of departure grows closer (12.5 days and counting), more questions pop up...

DD18 loves water parks, but DW hates them. Our package at BCV includes a 6-day ticket w/o the water parks. Originally we were thinking about 5 days at the major parks and then spending OOP for TL or BB for me and DD while DW toured the BW area or otherwise doing something by herself. That plan probably meant trying to cram all of MK into one day.

However, after seeing the page 1 photos of SAB, DD now thinks she'd be satisfied just hanging out there instead. We could then use all 6 days of our ticket in the major parks with EP and MK each getting two days. The decompressed touring schedule would give us more time to spend at SAB.

Is DD just being nice so that we can all tour together and Mom doesn't have to spend part of a day by herself (although DW has said she wouldn't mind that one little bit :cutie:)? Will SAB provide enough water-park-like entertainment so that ol' Dad won't have to shell out the extra bucks for BB or TL?

Mine did, too! I ordered 6 full-size tubes of the lotion from H2O a month or so ago. It's the only lotion my hubby likes. If only I knew what kind of toiletries are stocked on the Dream. I could eliminate shampoo, conditioner, & lotion for me, too! :thumbsup2

Have you spent any time over on the cruise forums to see if someone over there has info about the toiletries? Or stalk one of the trip reports that has "Dream" in the title and ask there.

Have you spent any time over on the cruise forums to see if someone over there has info about the toiletries? Or stalk one of the trip reports that has "Dream" in the title and ask there.

Wonderful large tubes of H20 shampoo, conditioner and body butter!!!

DD18 loves water parks, but DW hates them. However, after seeing the page 1 photos of SAB, DD now thinks she'd be satisfied just hanging out there instead. We could then use all 6 days of our ticket in the major parks with EP and MK each getting two days. The decompressed touring schedule would give us more time to spend at SAB.

Good question. If you can, put off the decision until you get there.

What does your daughter enjoy at waterparks? The thrill slides? Wave pool (TL is very rough, BB is way too calm). Lazy River?

There are lots of fun activities around the pool, for all ages, is your daughter the type that would join in a volleyball game?

In my opinion, an extra day at MK plus SAB trumps the water parks.

AKL is my home resort.. I love staying there as well as YC... I wouldn't have a problem staying anywhere at Disney actually. Do make sure you do the night vision goggles with the kids. Very cool!!! Enjoy!!

~Nannette

Love AKL. So relaxing. Out on the balcony our last trip I told the DW to listen. She said I don't hear anything.....Exactly. Nothing. Nada. Complete quiet. We love the hustle and bustle of BC but if peace and quiet is what what you desire then AKL will provide. And if you want to take it down another notch then Kidani is even quieter! Never stayed there but we did visit and it is so nice!

Wonderful large tubes of H20 shampoo, conditioner and body butter!!!

Oh yaaaaaayyy! I think I love you!!!!!! :hug: I'm not packing any shampoo or conditioner or lotion for any of us! Woot! :cool1:

Love AKL. So relaxing. Out on the balcony our last trip I told the DW to listen. She said I don't hear anything.....Exactly. Nothing. Nada. Complete quiet. We love the hustle and bustle of BC but if peace and quiet is what what you desire then AKL will provide. And if you want to take it down another notch then Kidani is even quieter! Never stayed there but we did visit and it is so nice!

Oh yeah! One of our nights it was kinda late when we got back to our 4th floor rooms on the Arusha savana. My DH called me out on the balcony which I thought was kinda dumb since it was freezing out there and pitch black. He told me to hold still & listen. At first I heard absolutely nothing. Then I heard it. riiip..smack-smack......riiip..smack-smack......riiiiiip..smack-smack We were listening to some mystery critter below our balcony ripping grass from the crispy-cold ground and munching. It was sooooo coooooool!!!!

A visit to the Genie in the Mousekeeping Fantasy Closet & Spa (brilliant hideaway ladies...with 2 teenage boys I'm sure I'll be hiding out in there with y'all) is just the ticket! Um, I guess I should schedule a consultation on Thursday but not too early because I'm not a morning person and I'm sure the Genie isn't either. I can offer the wonderful Genie a mean backrub so maybe he'll stay a while. Living at the YC sounds right up my alley as does the universal fastpasses. I'll trade the standing LeCellier reservations for a bottomless cup of 'No Way Jose' with extra peanut butter and fudge that has magic disappearing calories!!!

The brilliant thing about the Mousekeeping Fantasy Closet and Spa is that it will be whatever day you need it to be when you get there. :thumbsup2 So although the Genie grants wishes only on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, you can really come with a wish request any day, since if you arrive on a Tuesday all you have to do is desire it to be a Monday and your wish is granted (and you get the benefit of turning back time for a day, thereby extending your holiday). The best part is that if you are checking out on a Saturday, all you have to do is show up at the Closet on a Friday and it will continue to be Friday for you, so you never have to leave.

This Closet is the best thing ever. I'm guessing even Walt didn't dream up something this good. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Is DD just being nice so that we can all tour together and Mom doesn't have to spend part of a day by herself? Will SAB provide enough water-park-like entertainment so that ol' Dad won't have to shell out the extra bucks for BB or TL?

I would go with Dee's answer and take a look around on your first day there. Check out the activities and maybe you can use that savings on a really nice dinner out over on the Boardwalk instead. Maybe your daughter can be swayed if she is offered a lunch at Beaches and Cream on your SAB day.

I have posted the May 2011 activities schedule that Sinderelly scan and sent to me. I put it up as a thumbnail that you can click on and then zoom in to make it bigger. It is not super easy to read, but you should be able to make out the entries.

Please let me know if it is not working as I described it.

I can keep this up for future if one of the guests from each month is able to scan the activities schedule and send it to me.

Thanks!

sweetpee...My pixies for your stay at YC:wizard::cheer2:

When I stayed at Beach Club Villas in March, this was the bounceback offer:

40% off non-discounted price of DVC villas (3-BR grand villas excluded) and deluxe resorts.
All dates were for 2011:
Feb. 1-5
Feb. 13-19
Feb. 27- March 5
May 8-27
May 31 - June 4
August 21 - Oct. 8
Oct. 23-29
Nov. 13-19
Nov. 27 - Dec. 3
Dec. 11-17

That is awesome!!!! I hope they have the same BB offer in September...that way we can book our next trip for the following year...I just don't want a FD offer :sad2:Do they ever have 2 different BB offers at the same time????:worship::worship:

Also...I am one step closer to just needing radiation & not chemo...surgery is tomorrow so I will not be on line for the next few days. I am hoping that I can get onto my iPad at the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter