2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a few photos of the Beach Club and Yacht Club in their holiday finery?

I am looking for 3-4 from each resort to post on the front pages:

Gingerbread carousel
Train set at YC
Christmas trees
Wreaths

Thanks for checking your photo vaults!

Well that settles it.

Apparently everyone on this board who has been riding those friendship boats back and forth to the Studios has passed out from heat exhaustion and is unable to answer my question as to whether the AC on the boats has been fixed.

Disney hates a scandal so they must be pitching the bodies overboard for the gators to get.

Nom, nom, nom.... :eek:

Signed,
Dying of curiosity and potentially heat stroke in Marlton NJ.

Doesn't the Fantasy Mousekeeping Closet and Spa have a private entrance to the dream marina which houses the luxury yacht to transport VIPs (Very Imaginative Posters) from the YC/BC to DHS?

Air conditioning in the boats was not working as of July 2010, but hopefully someone who has used the boats more recently than that can give some current (pun intended) info.

When we were in the area in Jan, we didn't use the boats, we walked from DHS along the walkways, it was our snooping expedition for which resort for August, lol! Walked thru all the Epcot resorts, BWI, YC & BC.

But when I do take those boats, we try getting a seat in the back in the open area, so at least there is a breeze.

You better not get heat stroke, I'd hate to see you go overboard for Gator snacks. But just in case you better leave me the treasure map for the buried CL goodies first, before you take the boats :goodvibes

When we were there last July the boats technically had working AC. It just wasn't that good of a system to handle the size of the cabin / amount of warm bodies in the cabin / and the amount of times the doors are opened and closed. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't like walking by a gift shop in the MK where the AC blasts you through the door.

Does the BC Laundry room sell HE detergent and dryer sheets?

OR

Does the Marketplace sell the HE detergent and dryer sheets?

OR

Should I just bring my own?

I only plan on washing 1 day while there.

I want to go back D:

We got home yesterday and I've got to say WHEN Moonie #1 and I get DVC (after we win the lottery etc...) our home resort will be BC. Everyone there was so friendly and helpful during our stay.

For some reason the only day anyone was present at SAB to issue wristbands was our first day there.

We did see Teena in the lobby a few times (Though you were either busy with another family or Moonie #1 and I were sick.... Gluten Free at Tokyo Dining was apparently not very Gluten Free because we were up sick a good portion of our last night)

And (I think his name was John) in Concierge was a HUGE help in finding my lost autograph book :love:

I can't wait for us to go back! <3 Definitely 'Home'

Graduation announcements and party invitations are mailed. Carpets are clean. Dog is all groomed and looks really cute. Sprinklers are ready for the season. All travel arrangements for DD and DW's big days are complete. Last weekend's performances of the play went great - Industry Night is tonight, and only five more shows to go before the cast party. I can start getting excited about our BCV stay again with only 14 days to go!

Need an opinion, however. We plan on doing all our breakfasts in the villa, so we want to stop for groceries on our way from the airport. Which grocery store, in your opinion, has the best combination of convenience (in terms of being on the route from MCO) and reasonable prices? If possible we'd like to do a one-stop shop, so a store that also sells stuff like pool noodles, lanyards, ginger pills, and waterproof ID card holders would be a plus.

Hey Robyn- thinking of you.

When you posted about your mother last week, you mentioned that she would be released from the hosptial to rehab if everything went ok. Is that still on track?

Hope you have some good news!

I've been putting off posting about my Mom because it isn't good news.

Friday she had a cardiac cath and then found that her major artery in her heart has a clot - virtually closing off 70% of the artery. The two normal options are open heart surgery and blood thinners. Unfortunately she is not a candidate for either procedure.

They basically have told us that it could be days, weeks or a few months but that she will have a massive heart attack and that is it. She is going to rehab tomorrow just so she can functionally get around with the new knee.

She just wants to come home.
She is amazing - she is not scared at all, and is actually comforting the rest of us. I think it makes things a little bit easier for that she feels my brother (who died of cancer in l989) and my father (who died of cancer in l992) will be waiting for her.

It has been a really rough weekend for us though.

I am so glad that she came with us on our Grand Gathering in 2008.
She LOVED BC and it will always be a great memory for our family.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

This is Marlton Mom posting live from Cracker Barrel via her smart phone. We were sitting on the rockers out front pretending that we were on various Disney rides and that got me to thinking.

Did they ever fix the airconditioning on the friendship boats or is it still hot as an oven on 'em?

This is Marlton Mom signing off from the front porch of Cracker Barrel restaurant.
:sad2:

No! We were just there last week and couldn't believe how hot it was on those boats. I chose to sit outside when it was in the 90's rather than sit inside with no air circulating.

Jeanne said the boats did not seem cool inside when she used them to go play Toy Story Mania the week before Easter.

Does the BC Laundry room sell HE detergent and dryer sheets?

OR

Does the Marketplace sell the HE detergent and dryer sheets?

OR

Should I just bring my own?

I only plan on washing 1 day while there.

I posted on this issue maybe last week? I can't remember but we were just there and this is what we found....

The washers that are near the quiet pool are front loaders but do not need HE detergent. There is nothing on them saying to use HE detergeant and what they sell there is not HE detergeant. Just because a washer is a front loader - doesn't make it high efficiency. The soap is cheaper in the laundry room than in the Marketplace ($1 vs $2). Easy to bring your own dryer sheets. We did not look closely at the laundry room that is at the end of the hall headed towards EPCOT (I can't give a good description on the location - just follow the signs) to see what those washers were like. Only used the ones near the quiet pool.

Jeanne said the boats did not seem cool inside when she used them to go play Toy Story Mania the week before Easter.

They seemed stuffy 2 weeks ago when it was 90+. The breeze was good when they got moving. Did not seem to have A/C or maybe not on.

We had the most wonderful stay at the Beach Club last week. It was our first stay there and it didn't disappoint! Here are some things that we loved:

- Wonderful pool and not too crowded. In the evening, we practically had it to ourselves.
- Great lifeguards who take their jobs seriously. We saw one jump in and pluck a little boy out who couldn't swim after coming down the slide.
- Decor is just beautiful. Everything is very crisp and clean.
- The food at the Market Place isn't bad! I wasn't expecting much, but it was better than expected. A great place to stop in for something quick.
- All of the castmembers were super friendly! We saw Teena and she gave us a nice hello and smile, but I was too bashful to tell her I "know" her on the boards.
- We had a garden room and it was HUGE!!! It was a corner room - 4606 and had the extra long balcony. We felt like we were staying in a suite. We had room to just roll in the stroller and park it in the long hallway before the bathroom. The kids loved running all around the room.
- The room was so clean. Great housekeeping. No towel animals, but I can't complain. :)
- Loved Cape May. We did a walk up one evening and it was very good, much better than I expected. I don't eat seafood, but their were plenty of yummy options. I did think it was expensive though.
- We found the transportation to Magic Kingdom to be just fine. No excessive waits.
- Beaches and Cream was delicious. The best hamburger I had all week. We were lucky to walk right in on our last evening.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions the past couple of months! This place is just amazing and we will be back!!

Friday she had a cardiac cath and then found that her major artery in her heart has a clot - virtually closing off 70% of the artery. The two normal options are open heart surgery and blood thinners. Unfortunately she is not a candidate for either procedure.

They basically have told us that it could be days, weeks or a few months but that she will have a massive heart attack and that is it. She is going to rehab tomorrow just so she can functionally get around with the new knee.

She is amazing - she is not scared at all, and is actually comforting the rest of us. I think it makes things a little bit easier for that she feels my brother (who died of cancer in l989) and my father (who died of cancer in l992) will be waiting for her.

I am so very sorry the prognosis for your mom is not more positive. :hug:

Dear Robyn ,

I hope your Mom has an easy time and love filled time in the next few weeks and months !! May God give you the strength to support her during this time !!!! sending positive thoughts Puneeta

Sounds like you have small kids like I do and doesn't seem like you have any complaints about getting to Magic Kingdom. Is that where you would choose to stay in the future? Any complaints?

I posted on this issue maybe last week? I can't remember but we were just there and this is what we found....

The washers that are near the quiet pool are front loaders but do not need HE detergent. There is nothing on them saying to use HE detergeant and what they sell there is not HE detergeant. Just because a washer is a front loader - doesn't make it high efficiency. The soap is cheaper in the laundry room than in the Marketplace ($1 vs $2). Easy to bring your own dryer sheets. We did not look closely at the laundry room that is at the end of the hall headed towards EPCOT (I can't give a good description on the location - just follow the signs) to see what those washers were like. Only used the ones near the quiet pool.

Thank you so much!! I looked at the new pics on page 1, hoping they would show the detergent maching, but it wasn't on there. Last year I took my own, but this year I would just rather buy it when we arrive than haul it around.

Robyn--I have not been on the boards other than to read lately, but I wanted to take time out and tell you how very sorry I am for your news. I hate that it is not the best and pray for the peace that passes understanding at this point. :goodvibes

Amanda

I think I am finally getting out of my depression of post Disney. Tomorrow night I am going to OPRAH's last shows at the United Center in Chicago. I am so excited !!!!!! Looks like I have great seats too, row 18 (wow). Maybe she is giving away trips to Disney? Probably not, but I can dream.

Robyn- I was so sad to read your news. My family experienced a lot of loss this year. My mom's only living sibling out of 9 died a couple of months ago and my dad's younger brother died just 2 days later. Losing people we love is so very hard. But our loved ones were at "peace" just the way you described your Mom. They know that they are going to a place more glorious than we can ever imagine and so, I pray that, though you will hurt and mourn when the time comes, for now you are able to celebrate your mom's life w/ her and cherish each moment together. My prayers will be with you, your Mom and your family each and every day. :hug:

Teena, I hope you're having an easy go of it today too. :hug:

Doc- You are in my thoughts and prayers as well and I will be praying for an easy time for you this Thursday!

Marlton Mom--still cracking me up daily. Keep it up, we ALL need your comic relief.

To everyone who just returned and posted mini reports---thank you soooo much. We check-in mid morning THIS Friday and we are deliriously excited.

To EVERYONE else---cheers and happy thoughts from Louisiana!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter