2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I just noticed that I sent them back to the future! Will correct on page 1!

Hee hee! For just a minute there I kinda wished we could get sent back to May/June 2001 -- when we were a whole lot more innocent, the World Trade Center was still standing, my father, older sister and brother were still with us, etc

But then I thought again, it was before I had my kids & I was still (gasp!) part of the work force -- nah, there really is no going back is there. :rolleyes:

We are going to one of the yes classes at epcot that starts at 8:30 and we are supposed to meet at the main entrance to the park.If we walk over we will be on the countries side right? Does anyone know if you are able to walk all the way through to get to the front or should we take a taxi from the hotel to the main entrance?The park opens at 9.TIA

A similar situation happens with some of the marathon runners who need to get to the front of the EPCOT in the early morning hours. I believe they have to take a cab to the front entrance of the park.

Yes, but on a day the Epcot opens at 9, typically Akershus has early AM reservations starting at 8AM, so the IG should be manned by then.

Now whether or not they would let him walk through to the main gates is another question, that I really don't know the answer to. Anyway just thought I'd throw that out there.

A couple of days ago I noticed there are a bunch of people whose visits span both May and June. I didn't want to list them in both months, so I gave them their own little section:

May/June 2001:

littledreamer7, May 28th - June 4th, BC
wehavesix, May 28 - June 5, BCV 2BR
packofprincesses, May 28-June 6, split stay: ASMuFamily Suites/BC CL
cosmiccook, May 29th-June 6th (Wish Trip, 9th BD celebration)
Mommysteig, May 29th-June 9, BCV (school celebrations)
SteveTrek, May 30th – June 6th, BCV
Timon_n_Pumba, May 31st - June 7th, BC
jcondrad, May 31st - June 7th, BC CL

And I just noticed that I sent them back to the future! Will correct on page 1!

Thanks for all the updates....

I am just sad :sad2: that I am no longer on the list.

Things are ramping up with DD's HS graduation, DW's birthday, and the WDW trip only 19 days away now. Got the Mickey Mail yesterday :yay:. Carpets getting cleaned today. Dog getting shots and grooming in preparation for her stay at Camp Bow Wow. Sprinkler system getting overhauled later this week. Stuffing envelopes for grad announcements and party invitations. Lining up the catering - probably will be a naked burrito bar from Qdoba :tongue:. Arranging airfare and accommodations for incoming relatives. Helping DD study for her finals and getting her summer job applications filled out and submitted. Seven more performances of "The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940" to appear in :crowded:. Shopping for prom accessories and items for the trip. Who's got time to dream about Disney? Well, somehow I manage to sneak in a moment or two now and then! :scratchin

So now what do I do????

We do not arrive until October 24... I've made my ADRs, booked the flight..... now what???

I hate waiting!!!!

So I have a question about traveling to Epcot before the park is open.We are going to one of the yes classes at epcot that starts at 8:30 and we are supposed to meet at the main entrance to the park.If we walk over we will be on the countries side right?

Here is your answer and it's valid because I've done it for behind the scene's Christmas tour.... TAKE A CAB!!!! Yes, take a cab to Epcot's front entrance. Keep the receipt. When you get back to YC, go to the concierge desk. They will credit your room for what you paid. Cabs are waiting 24/7 in front of the resort so you don't have to worry about one being there when you need it. Yes, this is really what you need to do. I know it sounds funny, but it really is the valid answer. As I've said, been there, done that, have the pin to prove it. By the way, when we did it in 2009 it cost us $10 including tip (and I was generous on the tip since I wasn't paying for it).

So now what do I do????

We do not arrive until October 24... I've made my ADRs, booked the flight..... now what???

I hate waiting!!!!

Read trip reports!

Here is your answer and it's valid because I've done it for behind the scene's Christmas tour.... TAKE A CAB!!!! Yes, take a cab to Epcot's front entrance. Keep the receipt. When you get back to YC, go to the concierge desk. They will credit your room for what you paid. Cabs are waiting 24/7 in front of the resort so you don't have to worry about one being there when you need it. Yes, this is really what you need to do. I know it sounds funny, but it really is the valid answer. As I've said, been there, done that, have the pin to prove it. By the way, when we did it in 2009 it cost us $10 including tip (and I was generous on the tip since I wasn't paying for it).

Thank you so much for this info! Very helpful! I don't think I will add this to the front page, but I have stored it in my memory bank, and more importantly in my BC/YC tip file for future reference!

:cheer2:YACHT AND BEACH CLUB NOVEMBER 2011 LIST:cheer2:

jazzgirl Oct-27-Nov 4 BC CL
LMO429 Oct 27-Nov 4 BC
travelgoddess Oct 28 - Nov 5 YC CL (20th Anniversary)
micknme Nov. 7 - 13 BC
ClareH37 Nov 8 - 14 BC CL
cocoabean1 Nov 11 - Nov 18 YC CL
weswife Nov 13 - Nov 20 BC CL
Nannette Nov 17 - Nov 27 YC (platinum plan)
Barnhill9586 Nov 18 - Nov 26 BC
gumby013 Nov 25 - Dec 1 BC
kraeurb Nov 27 - Dec 4 BC

Anyone else for November??? Let me know!!

~Nannette

From the great information on here I already know that we get the wristbands when entering Stormalong Bay. Well I was wondering are they easy to take off and put back on, because what if we decided to swim in the morning and go back later that day. Personally I don't feel the need to wear the wristband all day when I won't be there, so has anyone done that before or will we be given a new set of wristbands?

I have a couple of questions as I am counting down the days to our stay....

1. Can children wear life jackets and still go down the slides at SAB?

2. How deep is the pool the the slide dumps into?

3. Do all the bottom floor rooms have patios with table and chairs?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

From the great information on here I already know that we get the wristbands when entering Stormalong Bay. Well I was wondering are they easy to take off and put back on, because what if we decided to swim in the morning and go back later that day. Personally I don't feel the need to wear the wristband all day when I won't be there, so has anyone done that before or will we be given a new set of wristbands?

Hi,

The wristbands are the kind with the sticky tape and are waterproof. If you pull on it you can get it off with no problem. When you go back to the pool you'll need to go through the process all over again to get into SAB.

When we were there in October, DD26 kept all the bands on for the entire stay... sometimes I think she forgets she's an attorney and 26.. but it is Disney so we all revert back to children to some extent when we're there I guess!!

Hope this helps!

~Nannette

Hi,

The wristbands are the kind with the sticky tape and are waterproof. If you pull on it you can get it off with no problem. When you go back to the pool you'll need to go through the process all over again to get into SAB.

When we were there in October, DD26 kept all the bands on for the entire stay... sometimes I think she forgets she's an attorney and 26.. but it is Disney so we all revert back to children to some extent when we're there I guess!!

Hope this helps!

~Nannette
Thank you very much and yes that information does help.

Continuing on the wristbands...just curious, do they issue different ones (different color) every day?

Is this everyone going in May? Do we have anyone else to add to the list?

:flower1:May 2011 (dgbg100106):flower1:

MarieA and DH- April 30-may 10 BCV

PittPantherFan, May 1st -8th, BC
Disney Khi, May 3rd - 11th, BC
333disneymom, May 4th - ??, BCV
PoohsFan1, May 5th-14th, BCV
SweetMommy, May 7th - 14th, BC
DW1sttimer, May 7th - 14th, BC
Moonies, May 8th - 14th, BC
YCFAN, May 9th -13th, YC
Sinderelly, May 10th -14th, BC
Pathetic Smee, May 10 - 17, BC - a solo trip to the Flower and Garden Festival
hannahdrewmom, May 11-14, BC CL
yolie912, May 12th - 16th, BC
Lilo&Stitch, May 13th - 16th, BC/YC?
Sgtgoofy, May 13th - 24, BC CL
crostorfer, May 14th - 20th, BC
gottaluvPluto, May 15th - 22nd, YC CL
matkensgirl2000, May 18-23 BC
Bourquefam, May 20th - 25th, BC
CandiMKT, May 20th - 25th, BC
2gr8DisneyKids, May 21st - 25th, BC
cepmom, May 22nd- 27th, BC
ocalla, May 23rd - 30th, BC
luvmarypoppins, May 23rd-26th BC, May 26-28 YC

We are at BCV 14th - 18th - that's right we check in 3 days :banana::banana:

DD new stroller arrived there today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745
Continuing on the wristbands...just curious, do they issue different ones (different color) every day?

Yes

So does thius mean you have to go & get a new wristband everyday? Will it take long?
TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745

Yes

So does thius mean you have to go & get a new wristband everyday? Will it take long?
TIA

Yes, but it doesn't take long at all. You show your room key and the CMs at the entrances to SAB put on your wrist band and hand you towels if you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter