2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jersey mosquitoes are telling me that the Florida love bugs are out. Does this mean when I come to the Beach Club June 10th to the 20th that the love bugs will be gone, or do we have to get bug zapper for the fantasy Suite?

Smoochies (but not if you're a love Bug!)
Marlton Mom

PS I really want to know if the love bugs will be gone in time for my trip....

PSS. I know, I know, you are shocked, SHOCKED! that Marlton Mom has a real question. It's just that with all this exercising for my Disney trip the blood is really circulating in my brain and I'm starting to become rational. Please forgive me. ;)

They were out in full force this weekend..... A source on the interwebs say they last 3-5 weeks so you should be close to safe on June 10.

A couple little facts I thought MM would like.

• The adults do not eat anything.
  • Love bugs are absolutely harmless -:littleangel:- they don't bite or sting.
  • They don't spread diseases.
  • They don't eat trash...or mosquitoes -- the adults don't eat at all.
  • They are weak flyers, and lurch and flit anywhere depending on the smallest air currents.
  • They don't buzz or click or hum.
  • Their name comes from the fact that they mate while airborne :lovestruc, and you'll rarely see a lone love bug.
  • The larger females :bride: fly forward, dragging their tiny partner:love: backward through the air -:rotfl:- probably a good part of the reason they're such wonky flyers.

Just when you think you're having fun at WDW think about those lucky 'buggers'. Even the ones that hit the windshields die happy!

Prayers to Robyn, Alice and your families! TY for posting MickeyT I really enjoy reading your posts. I guess we are "stuck" with those love bugs too. Oh well, we are celebrating our anniversary so we understand :rolleyes1 Only 3 more days to go!

Love Bugs: [*]The adults do not eat anything.

Is it wrong that I feel sorry for the Love Bugs because they don't eat anything while they are at WDW? The meals at Disney are the main things I fantasize about. Maybe I need to rethink my priorities.

So for any runners, how great is it to stay at BC and then go to Epcot for the race? Oh, and I will be able to stay in a room for 5 right, it will be DH, myself, and DC 7, 4, 2, 11 months...

Not a runner but I will say that it is really great to be at YC/BC and just walk over to Epcot, much like it is to stay at CR and walk to MK. It sounds like your family will be perfect for SAB as well. You can sit in the hot tub and relax after the race while they enjoy the pool.

Happy planning!

Will say that Jiko did deliver. Didn't have quite the fancy feel to it that Cali Grill and Citricos did to us. More on the line of Narcoossee's as far as atmosphere but the food was wonderful..... Will definitely go back into the dining rotation.

Thanks for the nice review MickeyT. I will say that Jiko is definately in my list of places to return to as we had a very nice experience there. However, we haven't done Citricos yet and I do plan on that being one of my ADRs on our next trip when we go back in a few years.

Congratulations As many have pointed out, there are no strangers here, but there are none stranger than those of us here on the YC/BC/BCV thread.

Nice way to put it Dee, and I agree, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Congratulations on your fantastic news and thanks for sharing it with us.

As many have pointed out, there are no strangers here, but there are none stranger than those of us here on the YC/BC/BCV thread. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

:laughing:

YAY!!

Some good news!

(I know I'm pretty much a stranger here, but wanted to share anyway!)

I just graduated from the oncologist!!! He said further visits were "optional."

I'm so excited!

Congrats! I am so happy for you!!!
Like everyone has stated there are no strangers here...we're all friends!

Ok so I have been lurking on the boards and posting a few times on other threads, but I thought I would hop on here and hope that you all can calm my nerves. We will be staying at the Beach Club June 6-11. I am very excited but am starting to panic about all the things that ned to be done. But between wrok and our three kids I am finding it very difficult to get ready. Plus now I am starting to panic because I think the rooms look small for the 5 of us. It will be DH, myself, DD 15, DS 6, and DD 4. We stayed at Jambo House in 2009 and had a "suite" I guess is what you would have called it. It had a little wet bar with a sink and fridge. The room itself had a queen size bed and a hide away bed in the couch. That was nice b/c we could fold up the bed and the kids had room to play. Will we have enough space?

Ok so I have been lurking on the boards and posting a few times on other threads, but I thought I would hop on here and hope that you all can calm my nerves. We will be staying at the Beach Club June 6-11. I am very excited but am starting to panic about all the things that ned to be done. But between wrok and our three kids I am finding it very difficult to get ready. Plus now I am starting to panic because I think the rooms look small for the 5 of us. It will be DH, myself, DD 15, DS 6, and DD 4. We stayed at Jambo House in 2009 and had a "suite" I guess is what you would have called it. It had a little wet bar with a sink and fridge. The room itself had a queen size bed and a hide away bed in the couch. That was nice b/c we could fold up the bed and the kids had room to play. Will we have enough space?

Don't worry! We stay at BC for over two weeks each summer (5 of us in the room) and never felt that it was two small! There is a good amount of closet space and plenty of drawers. Request a balcony or patio - that gives you a little more "breathing room". You will love BC!

hi everyone. it's been a while since I posted last, but our trip is coming up quickly! we arrive in less than 3 weeks and I can not wait! I need this trip badly!!

I have a question I did not see addressed on the front page of this thread...are there wheelchairs available for guest use at the BC? I had an accident a few weeks ago...I was out for a run and got hit by a car. broke my wrist, but just went back to the Dr today for persistant leg pain and discovered I also have a fracture in my fibula (lower leg) too:guilty: thankfully it does not need to be casted, but I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with all the walking required at WDW. I'm looking into renting a scooter also, but was just curious about wheelchairs too. TIA!

I think everybody starts to freak out before their trip wondering if they made the right decisions. For this trip your kids are older now so you will definitely be on a different schedule than you were with a 2 and a 4 year old. The pool at storm along bay will be perfect for the little ones to hang out at and the 15 y.o. will have pool areas to keep her interested and occupied. Since this is a deluxe hotel there are lots of nooks and crannies to curl up in with a good book in case the room needs to be quiet for the nappers and there is an arcade on site for your older daughter to explore.

I guess what I'm saying is, is that you will be fine. Just remember that with every trip you can experience a bump or two but in the end you usually realize that it wasn't that bad after all. Your head is spinning right now because you have all the "knowns" about Jambo house floating around in there and none of your questions about the Beach Club answered.

I would be willing to bet that when this trip is done, you will be able to look back at all the positives about the Beach Club location and realize that it was the right choice after all!

Good luck and start making lists of things that you would like to get done before your trip. Having thought things out is half the battle and you can keep looking at the paper until they are taken care of. That alone should help relieve some of the stress.

I hope that helps...

:hug:
Marlton Mom

hi everyone. it's been a while since I posted last, but our trip is coming up quickly! we arrive in less than 3 weeks and I can not wait! I need this trip badly!!

I have a question I did not see addressed on the front page of this thread...are there wheelchairs available for guest use at the BC? I had an accident a few weeks ago...I was out for a run and got hit by a car. broke my wrist, but just went back to the Dr today for persistant leg pain and discovered I also have a fracture in my fibula (lower leg) too:guilty: thankfully it does not need to be casted, but I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with all the walking required at WDW. I'm looking into renting a scooter also, but was just curious about wheelchairs too. TIA!

There are wheelchairs available free of charge at the resort for the use of guests, based on availability. I don't think you can reserve them in advance, so you need to ask at checkin.

I'm not sure what kind of wheelchairs (manual or electric), but perhaps someone who knows or has borrowed one can share more details.

There are wheelchairs available free of charge at the resort for the use of guests, based on availability. I don't think you can reserve them in advance, so you need to ask at checkin.

I'm not sure what kind of wheelchairs (manual or electric), but perhaps someone who knows or has borrowed one can share more details.

thanks...do you know if you can keep them for the length of your stay or is it on a day to day basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter