2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for posting the May Movie List.

I had good intentions last year of relaxing around the movies at night........but that never happened :confused3 Maybe this year!!!

Good morning, everyone! I didn't mention anything yesterday when I posted the movie list (bc I was trying to "go to my happy place"), but I spent the day at the orthopedic and hospital w/ my oldest son who broke his hand in a lacrosse game on Sunday. Poor baby (he's actually 17.5 years old) will have to have surgery on Thursday morning and we had to come out of pocket $1300 yesterday before the orthopedic would even see him. I'm so tired and worried about the surgery, his recovery/ rehab, the fact that we'll be leaving him behind in 2 weeks to go to Disney and especially about him being able to complete all of his school work and prepare for finals considering he missed yesterday and will miss Thursday and Friday. I can't vent on FB bc I don't want him to worry (about the $$$ or the surgery), but I sure could use some prayers thrown my way.

Here's one for all of us from me: Dear Lord, please keep all of us safe from harm. Comfort those who are hurting and give peace to those who are troubled. Remind us that we are not to lean unto our own understanding, but trust your way and your will.

Happy Tuesday, friends! Hope you all have a beautiful day!

Alice'

Good morning, everyone! I didn't mention anything yesterday when I posted the movie list (bc I was trying to "go to my happy place"), but I spent the day at the orthopedic and hospital w/ my oldest son who broke his hand in a lacrosse game on Sunday. Poor baby (he's actually 17.5 years old) will have to have surgery on Thursday morning and we had to come out of pocket $1300 yesterday before the orthopedic would even see him. I'm so tired and worried about the surgery, his recovery/ rehab, the fact that we'll be leaving him behind in 2 weeks to go to Disney and especially about him being able to complete all of his school work and prepare for finals considering he missed yesterday and will miss Thursday and Friday. I can't vent on FB bc I don't want him to worry (about the $$$ or the surgery), but I sure could use some prayers thrown my way.

Here's one for all of us from me: Dear Lord, please keep all of us safe from harm. Comfort those who are hurting and give peace to those who are troubled. Remind us that we are not to lean unto our own understanding, but trust your way and your will.

Alice'

Oh Alice, here's hoping that all will be alright and that the burden of all this plus the worrying will not overcome you.

Peace and tranquility,

:hug:
Marlton Mom

Alice'

Alice - Will keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers with the hope that all goes well with the surgery and he does not fall behind on his school work. :hug:

Can't wait to meet everybody!!!!

Same here! Since we're arriving on a Monday we won't get the chance until late in our stay, but we're definitely looking forward to it.

(T-minus 27 days, no Mickey Mail yet...)

Alice - so sorry to hear about your son. I hope all is well soon and you can enjoy your trip. Best wishes to you! :hug:

Robyn - I haven't been able to read back to see what happened to your mom but it sounds like she and your family are also in need of prayers. Hugs to you guys as well! :hug:

I think my outlook on this vacation may have changed. I'm not one for many complaints (although I do really need a daybed!! ok seriously, maybe I should say I really want a daybed) my plan is to just relax, enjoy, and spend time with my family. I am lucky to have this time and small things are not going to bother us!! In the grand scheme of things a bit of construction, a lounge with a few plates around, a long line...whatever...I am thankful to go and to have my family with me (come on end of May!!). I wish all could have such a vacation instead of the hardships they may be now experiencing.

So now I feel silly asking this question but here it goes...does anyone know what CL "type" room have the most daybeds? I mean should I try to move my current reservation of a standard CL room to a lagoon view CL or a garden view CL to up my chance of a daybed? A non-CL room? Alternatively, can all rooms have a roll away if needed? Sleeping with my son during the power outage days made me remember how un-restful it is. I'm still thankful to go but just hoping to relax. Thanks! :flower3:

So now I feel silly asking this question but here it goes...does anyone know what CL "type" room have the most daybeds? I mean should I try to move my current reservation of a standard CL room to a lagoon view CL or a garden view CL to up my chance of a daybed? A non-CL room? Alternatively, can all rooms have a roll away if needed? Sleeping with my son during the power outage days made me remember how un-restful it is. I'm still thankful to go but just hoping to relax. Thanks! :flower3:

Definitely not a gv cl room. There is only one gv cl room with a daybed!

Another Robesonian here. We live about 5 miles east of Lumberton. I grew up on the coast near Morehead City but have lived in Lumberton for the last 25 years! Small world.
You must know where Harkers Island is! That's where I live now.

Just checking in. Prayers to all who are in need. To everyone vacationing now or soon: Have a Magical Trip!!! :goodvibes

At the BC, there are 12 standard view CL rooms (out of 38) that have a daybed. As far as regular CL rooms, that's your best bet. However, all the deluxe CL rooms have daybeds so if you book a deluxe CL room, you will definitely get a daybed.

Alice'

Oh Alice, I'm so sorry. Can't wait to give you a big bear hug when you get here! Prayers and pixie dust is being sent your way. Hang in there!!!

Thanks so much for the kind messages. I am normally a happy, smiling optimist---but my little family has had so many "hiccups" this year that I was feeling a little worn down this morning.

Went for a pedi and a little retail therapy (it was Sam's Wholesale, but who cares--------I got my shop on!) and all is right in the world again. Things could always be so much worse than what they are and I am so fortunate and blessed that I know this is just but a tiny bump in the road of life.

Devin's teachers all replied to my email and will work with us on his school work. He has a 3.6 cumulative, but tends to totally coast at the end of school and finishes w/ a 2.0 which brings his cumulative down for the year. ANYWAY----I'm not stressing over this anymore either.

I got the suitcases down from the attic and I am in FULL BLOWN Disney mode! We have fantastic neighbors next door and across the street who will spoil Devin rotten while we're gone, so I'm not even worried about leaving him behind anymore. Though I did ask him again last night if he was sure he didn't want to come with us after all. He said, "No." Again. :confused3

Well, that's all for now. Oh wait---NO! There's one more thing that is soooo IMPORTANT! Will the secret fantasy closet be up and running by May 20th? Because Mama needs to stretch out on a daybed and sip a Grey Goose slushie while watching some Chippendales in a very BAD way! :lmao:

Cheers all!
Alice'

Hi Alice- I am so sorry to hear about your son! I hope he is not in too much pain. When is the surgery?

I'm glad you can share your worry with us, and hopefully that helps a bit. It is nice to "hear" you in better spirits this afternoon.

:grouphug: hugs to you and your family.

Robyn, sending prayers for your mom. :hug:

Alice - wow - really sorry to hear about your son. We have a pre-teen lacrosse player and those games get rough. Sending happy, healing thoughts your way!

Wow, everyone, thank you so much for the kindness. I'm feeling warm and fuzzy all over! Admittedly, it COULD be the wine I'm drinking, but I appreciate the warm thougths anyways!!! Just Kidding- don't call child protection yet! Though I feel certain a bottle of malbec is in my very near future. ;)

Devin is actually not in too much pain. He is in a plaster cast to keep his hand mobilized and it doesn't hurt too much unless he moves his fingers. Every now and then his fingers twitch and he winces, but thankfully--it's not often.

Surgery will take place on Thursday at 1030am. A friend of ours is the orthopedic surgeon and he's out of town on vacation right now! Devin was seen by his nurse practitioner yesterday who texted the doctor the xrays to confirm that we could wait for surgery until he returns. They are hoping to do the surgery guided by fluoroscopy and use a pin to hold the bones together, but we had to sign a consent to do the more invasive surgery of opening the hand up and using plates/ screws.

Lacrosse is a VERY rough sport--no doubt! This was his first year playing and he did so well he played varsity all season. Our neighbor was recruited for the All Star game on Sunday and Devin went along to watch. There weren't enough All Star's on the opposing team, so the coaches asked Devin if he'd like to play. Of course he did and he was so pumped to be playing. He got hurt and they knew it was bad, but put a field splint on it and wrapped it/ iced it. He called and asked permission to stay for the Championship game too. We were on a camping trip and he was w/ our neighbors. Long story short---he LOVES lacrosse so much that he sucked it up and stayed for both games w/ a horribly broken hand.

Here's a pic of our boy in his element (#88).

Devinlacrosse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter