• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Trip report David & Teresa spend their 30th at the Fort.

Congrats on 30 years! Ours is coming up fast, just wish we could spend it at the Fort, too. Love your dogs, too. We have friends who've rescued 2 greyhounds- they are just the nicest dogs!

Have fun and stay safe. (heard about the bad weather that went thru the area)

Wednesday 26th & Thursday 27th

Wednesday started out overcast but cleared up by noon. There was no wind damage at the Fort but the news showed lots of damage around central FL.

Teresa and I went to Epcot first to catch a few more attractions and to see the pin traders then back to the MH to feed the pups early so we could make our dinner reservations at the Crystal Palace in the MK. We tried to go there last year but it was closed for renovations. We always try to go to a restaurant with Disney characters on our anniversary day for dinner and this year it was Pooh and Friends. It was a real treat that Teresa's sister and her husband who are also visiting the area could meet us there for the evening as well. After another great meal we all headed back to the Fort on the boat and we took them up to the front parking lot with the golf cart then back to the MH.

Today we took a break from the parks slept in late and went to Down Town Disney for lunch. We ate at a place called TREX the food was good but the place was a little noisy for me. It looks like this is the year Disney is refurbishing a lot of things. A lot of the buildings on Main Street have fake plastic facades up and even the Lego store has set up a temporary building in Down Town Disney. But it is all good because I can still come home to the Fort at the end of the day and relax and feel right at home. Well tomorrow I think we are going to Hollywood studios, we haven't spent much time in that park so we are looking forward to exploring it.

Epcot living with the land
IMG_0140.jpg

Our Anniversary Dinner with Pooh and Friends
IMG_0160.jpg

Random Pics of the Fort
DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

I am really enjoying the trip report and pictures. Congratulations on your anniversary!!!!!

More, more, we're still not satisfied!!!! :goodvibes

Awesome TR, enjoying the live report. Hope the weather holds out for the remainder of the trip!

Friday the 28th

As planed we went to Disney Hollywood Studios and spent the morning there exploring the park. We really liked the Indiana stunt show and thought it was well done. This park has a different look and feel to it but I like the interaction that takes place on the streets as you walk along. Around lunch we "hopped" over to Epcot to ride Soarin (did I mention that was our favorite ride). After a break for the pups and us back at the MH We finished of the day at the MK in Tomorrow Land and watched Tinker Bell fly down from the castle as we were leaving the park to catch the boat home to the Fort. This was a long day for us and it seamed like every time we got to a bus stop the bus was just pulling away and we had to wait, but I would rather wait here than be working back home.

Saturday the 29th
We saved the Animal Kingdom for our last park day and we got an early start. Ok an early start for us. We headed over to the park around 10:00 (I'm on vacation remember) and we went to the Lion King show first. All I can say is wow. The singers were amazing and the choreography was great. I think this is my favorite park and I could probably spend all day just wandering around looking at all the animals and plants. When we finished up here we had time to "hop" over to Epcot to see if any of the "pin traders" showed up so Teresa could complete the sets she was working on before we left this year. We then headed back to the MH to rest for the big finish at the MK. Around 6:00pm we headed to MK one last time to get our picture CD made of all the photo pass pictures we took throughout our trip, and to watch the picture show on the front of the castle. After one last boat ride back to the Fort our park adventures were done for the Year. I will post our trip home as we go and some more pics tonight.

Well we are finally home and as promised I will post some pictures at the end of this post.

We got up Sunday morning to a beautiful day for our departure from Fort Wilderness. I started packing up the yard and storing it in the basement of the MH while Teresa worked on securing the inside for travel. It is amazing to count all the things we pull out during the course of the week that has to be put back prior to hitting the road. Around 10:30 I realized that we were not going to make the 11:00 checkout time so I called Mousekeeping and they gave us till 1:00 to finish up.:banana:.

Right on time I took the golf cart up to the overflow parking lot to meet Kenny of T Time and he gave me a ride back to the MH (to save me from riding the internal buses). Just an aside this is the second time I have rented a cart from Kenny and he has gone out of his way both times to insure that my needs were met. We got on the Road by 12:30 and made good time stopping at a Cracker Barrel in Brunswick, GA to spend the night then getting up the next morning and pushing on to home base in Roanoke, VA arriving there on Monday night.

We had a great time as always and can't wait to start planning our trip for next year.

Thanks for following along with us.

David & Teresa

Animal Kingdom Pics
DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

Hollywood Studios Pics
DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

Fort Wilderness Pics
DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

One last Pic of Teresa with the pups in the yard relaxing at the Fort.
DSCN0225.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter