2011 Tampa RV Supershow

If you look up the show on the internet the show on the internet there might be a phone # for the FRV trade association they are right in Riverview and they might be able to tell you.

Thanks - found out the answer - You can use it at anytime for a total of (2) visits! Just have to pay the 5.00 parking fee! Thanks again! Not going today though - too cold and windy!

Back from the show! Saw Richie, and he introduced me to his co-workers as "Carol". Even after I corrected him, showed him my hair was straight and gray, not brown & curly, he referred to me once again as, "Carol". As far as I'm concerned, I consider that a compliment. If I were Carol, I'd be :headache:!!!

We decided to keep what we have. Although there was this sweet 34' Allegro RED that kept whispering to me! :rolleyes1

Back from the show! Saw Richie, and he introduced me to his co-workers as "Carol". Even after I corrected him, showed him my hair was straight and gray, not brown & curly, he referred to me once again as, "Carol". As far as I'm concerned, I consider that a compliment. If I were Carol, I'd be :headache:!!!

We decided to keep what we have. Although there was this sweet 34' Allegro RED that kept whispering to me! :rolleyes1

Was the show worth it this year? We are going tommorow and am hoping to find something new.

I'll be calling Lorna tomorrow when we get there to get the scoop on other Fiends being at the show. Maybe we'll run into each other.

We are supposed to meet at noon at the food pavilion on the lake there. Not sure how we will find each other.

Dave- You may have left by now, but, yes...the show is back in full form like it was before the recession hit. Lots of new, innovative ideas, and with the advent of full-body slides, and lots of slides, shorter MH's are more prevalent. What we own now is a 32' Itasca with two slides, which more than meets our needs. When I looked at the 45 footers, and remember our 45' Travel Supreme, I fully understood why my DH had white knuckles whenever he drove it - especially around some of the loops at the Fort!

Some of the new 5'ers are especially sweet!!! All in all, you'll be glad you went!

Can you look around and see if they have any good deals on Tiffen Phaeton's or Allegro Buses, please? I wish we could have gone this year because I suspect they will have better deals in Tampa than we will have at the Atlanta RV Show. Maybe we'll be able to make it next year.

Can you look around and see if they have any good deals on Tiffen Phaeton's or Allegro Buses, please? I wish we could have gone this year because I suspect they will have better deals in Tampa than we will have at the Atlanta RV Show. Maybe we'll be able to make it next year.

Lazy Days had some show specials on the Tiffen's. The 34' Allegro Red I was drooling over was $191K. It had all the bells and whistles. If only.....

Call Lazy Days and ask for Glen Soper. He's our salesman (bought 4 units from him) and we find him to be a laid back, no pressure kind of guy. He will work hard to find what you're looking for in a price that is (somewhat) agreeable. I say "somewhat" because, Lazy Days will make their $$$ in the end.

Lazy Days had some show specials on the Tiffen's. The 34' Allegro Red I was drooling over was $191K. It had all the bells and whistles. If only.....

Call Lazy Days and ask for Glen Soper. He's our salesman (bought 4 units from him) and we find him to be a laid back, no pressure kind of guy. He will work hard to find what you're looking for in a price that is (somewhat) agreeable. I say "somewhat" because, Lazy Days will make their $$$ in the end.

I just checked out their website. They have tons of Tiffen products! It might be worth a drive to Tampa to checkout their inventory. Should I be concerned about them staying in business for a long time? I thought I heard that they had filed for bankruptcy.

We just got home from the show. There were more RV's in my opinion this year than in years past. A lot of good deals. Some dealers looked like they were having huge mark downs and others looked like they marked up the MSRP and made it look like a deal. In one way I hate going because you see all the new things out for 2011 and you want it so bad and you just can't. We bought a new Funfinder toy hauler (XT275) last year and love it. I did get upset though exactly (1) month after we bought it, Funfinder decided to come out with an upgraded model (XT276) which was pretty much identical except for a slide that was 2x's as big. We just looked at that model today and the bigger slide makes a lot of difference but for somewhere around $5K difference to trade my 2011 for another 2011, they can keep it. As I always say, if you don't have a trade, you can get a heck of a deal, especially at this show

Went to the show today.

Drooled at many RV's on the lot.

Bought overpriced food on the fairgrounds.

Looked at Tiggers new ride. Sweet!

Saw lornaduck, magicbus and some other guy who waved furiously at Lorna and scowled at me.

Bought overpriced water on the fairgrounds.

Came home.

We narrowed our search for a new home down to two models. The first is the Cedar creek silverback 29 re. The second is the stoneridge 36rk. the tonerodge is the top choice, but with an almost $80K pricetag, it may just be a dream. Overall, the show was better this year, but then again we were on a mission this year as opposed to the last few of just browsing.

I just checked out their website. They have tons of Tiffen products! It might be worth a drive to Tampa to checkout their inventory. Should I be concerned about them staying in business for a long time? I thought I heard that they had filed for bankruptcy.

You heard correctly, but it was Chapter 13 bankruptcy, not Chapter 11. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

You probably know this but in case you don't, they have an RV park right behind their huge show lot. It's fairly reasonable, nice, clean, safe. Check it out.

http://www.lazydaysrvcampground.com/

Went to the show. Met up with Lorna & Jen. Weather couldn't have been better. At last year's show we looked at the Winnebago Tour, liked it a lot. Looked at them again, liked it even more. That's the one. Ain't she purtty?
But not until we're able to use it for more than 4 or 5 long weekends a year.

Did anyone else go inside the empty Prevost shell? Amazing, I really liked that. Only $675K empty.
BuddymobileII.jpg

You heard correctly, but it was Chapter 13 bankruptcy, not Chapter 11. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

You probably know this but in case you don't, they have an RV park right behind their huge show lot. It's fairly reasonable, nice, clean, safe. Check it out.

http://www.lazydaysrvcampground.com/

I didn't know about the campground! That would make it so much easier to go down there, shop around, and maybe, just maybe buy a new rig! Glad to hear that they aren't going out of business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter