2011 Resort Mugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly comparison seeing as the things that are left out for guest consumption are in single serve packs. A salt shaker is obviously for table use.

The condiments that are left out are for, as I said, guest consumption.

I do find it funny how the guests of the resorts love making "rules" for other guests, yet Disney doesn't care and has no such "rules".

:thumbsup2 I'm glad there's other people that go to Disney and have fun instead of pay attention to what other guests are consuming without paying for. :sad2:

Isn't this analogous to buying soda at a restaurant with FREE REFILLS! Then taking the same cup the following day and REFILLING? Buy a new mug. SHEESH!

Sue Ellen-

I agree with you.

Brunette

And the pinnacle...a pool hopping thread now!!!!! :lmao:This has been a banner week on the DIS. :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 I'm glad there's other people that go to Disney and have fun instead of pay attention to what other guests are consuming without paying for. :sad2:

My only concern is that I don't want to have to start paying extra for those things because other people are taking advantage of the system.

If I buy toast or a bagel at the food court, I like to be able to pick up a couple of butter packets and some jam to spread on it. I don't want to have to pay 25 cents (or whatever) for the butter and jam because of people who bring their own bread but use the so called "free" butter and jam so WDW starts charging for those items.

I also like the refillable mug program and would hate to see it changed because too many people don't follow the policy.

Use of the toaster is one thing. Using the resorts butter, jelly, plastic silverware etc is another. disney should not have to put it in writing that these items are for people who have purchased food from the food court that goes along with them.

I don't recall sit down restaurants putting up signs saying that you can't take the salt and pepper shakers home but not too many people consider doing that :confused3 By your logic - why don't you? There is no written policy that says you should not take them. :thumbsup2

Actually, Disney thinks the opposite of you, as do most resort hotels. I know this because we travel with someone who has to eat certain foods for medical purposes including a special bread. She asked at the front desk at checkin if it would be an issue for her to use the toaster in the food court for toast if she went to the store to buy her own plates, butter ect for her toast. The cast members at the checkin desk looked at her like she had two heads and replied, "Why would you go buy plates and stuff? We have them here. And butter too and even jelly. And yes, you can use the toaster." And they laughed. According to them, if you are paying upwards of what could be almost half a grand a night for your room, they feel like you already paid for that plate, jelly and butter. Honestly, it was quite hysterical seeing their reaction to her question. They were throughly confused by it.

My only concern is that I don't want to have to start paying extra for those things because other people are taking advantage of the system.

If I buy toast or a bagel at the food court, I like to be able to pick up a couple of butter packets and some jam to spread on it. I don't want to have to pay 25 cents (or whatever) for the butter and jam because of people who bring their own bread but use the so called "free" butter and jam so WDW starts charging for those items.

I also like the refillable mug program and would hate to see it changed because too many people don't follow the policy.

If they really cared they would keep them behind a counter and have you ask for them, or institute some other system to make sure only paying guests were using them

So what about sharing a mug is that stealing? I mean I plan on getting just one for my kids to share, and one for me. I actually don't know if the mug is worth it for us, we leave for the parks early so that's only one fill, and come back late so 1 fill. We are staying for 7 nights, so is it truely worth the $15?? I don't think we got enough use of our cups last time we went.

Well, a soda is what, 2.50ish? A coffee is 2.89 if I'm remembering my receipts correctly. So two drinks a day is 5 or 6 per day per person, if you bought them a la carte. If you're doing that 7 days, then a mug for EACH person is indeed worth it, and by not paying for one for each person, it's money out of their pocket...

When we are in Disney it drives my 5 year old nutso that people through the recyclables in the trash can when there is a recycle bin RIGHT there next to it. She waits for them to step aside and pulls their recyclables out and moves them to the recycle bin.

I've seen shows about WDW and they've stated repeatedly that ALL of their trash is gone through for recyclables, so I think you can help your 5 year old not pick through it now.

Seriously,
Is that coffee intentional?
:confused3

The quotes? Heck yes! I do not know how my husband could stand it. I've read many times, and heard from CMs, that the coffee at the resorts (other than at Kona) and parks is more like coffee concentrate, not brewed coffee. I don't consider that to be coffee. Perhaps "coffee drink"? would be better? All I know is, one coffee was purchased by me to see if I wanted the mug, and the next day we went to the store and bought me (and my aunt...my husband and my cousins were content with the Nescafe stuff at the resorts) a bag of pre-ground Peets!

Disney's stated policy is that resort mugs are only refillable at the resort in which they were bought, for only the duration of the particular stay in the resort. Period.

Since this topic isn't a Theme Parks board issue, I'm closing this thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter