2011 Resort Mugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the rules, don't break them... now, realize that soda is one of the most profitable things that a company can sell. It is right up there with cotton candy. (Yes its true that the twist tie on cotton candy costs more than the actual candy!)

The price is 99% for the cost of the mug. Having said all that, do we really want disney to start validating mugs, maybe with a color coded sticker on it so that they can tell what dates the mug us active for.... it could happen.

I love how you say you don't like seeing people carrying around old mugs but you don't want to buy new mugs yourself. Hello, really?

Not to sound rude but did ya read what I said? I'm against people bring back older mugs, however if the mug design is the same, I don't see the problem in bringing back an old mug.

We like our growing collection of them, however why go and buy the same 12.00 mug again? This would be our third trip in 2 years, so if it is indeed the same design like everyone says, then why buy them? Say we did buy new ones from those three trips, we'd have 6 red mugs between the three trips. That's a little overboard. HOWEVER if they are NEW then I have no problem what-so-ever going down there in a week and buying a new one.

ONCE AGAIN, I'll say I wasn't trying to start ANYTHING here, I just wanted to see if the design had changed, but I think there is a distinct difference in what I'm saying. I'm regretting even asking this now, hopefully one of the mods will come by and close this now. If I could close the thread myself I would. Sincerely sorry everyone. Didn't want to open Pandora's box of mug discussions

Unless they came out with new ones very very recently, they are still the same. I suggest doing a search as this question has been asked a lot. I see where you are coming from with this, but many ppl on here like to voice their opinions a little too strongly, just let some of the comments roll off your back.

Technically you have to by a mug per trip but I can see you not wanting to buy the same one over and over; we personally will but thats because of our convictions.

I did try to do my research ahead of time, before asking I found the thread but I didn't see anything hence why I wanted to ask. Once again I'll say I'm REALLY SORRY about doing this

I am generally very law abiding and follow the rules, but I also feel strongly about minimizing the carbon footprint. So, that leaves me in a tough spot morally. I will gladly pay Disney the cost of a new mug to be able to use my old one which has already used up a person's beverage holding amount of the fossil fuels we have left on the planet. If it's a choice between
Mickey and mother nature, the choice to me is pretty clear.

I am generally very law abiding and follow the rules, but I also feel strongly about minimizing the carbon footprint. So, that leaves me in a tough spot morally. I will gladly pay Disney the cost of a new mug to be able to use my old one which has already used up a person's beverage holding amount of the fossil fuels we have left on the planet. If it's a choice between
Mickey and mother nature, the choice to me is pretty clear.

I think that's a great idea! I'd pay the price of a mug to be able to use my old one and not have to create more non degrading trash for future generations to deal with.

On our last trip we were on the QS dining plan and once again got 8 mugs. Since I knew this was going to happen, I took our old mugs and we used those. We brought the new mugs back and gave them as gifts to my DH's co-workers (with a Rice Crispy treat).

On our last trip we were on the QS dining plan and once again got 8 mugs. Since I knew this was going to happen, I took our old mugs and we used those. We brought the new mugs back and gave them as gifts to my DH's co-workers (with a Rice Crispy treat).
That's a sweet idea.........doesn't break rules AND creates a nice gift.
However, then you are traveling home with double the mugs:confused3

I do think a good idea would be to offer a discounted price on returning mugs
That way~no sneering at mug bringer-backers and no adding to your carbon disposable beverage container footprint

That's a sweet idea.........doesn't break rules AND creates a nice gift.
However, then you are traveling home with double the mugs:confused3

I do think a good idea would be to offer a discounted price on returning mugs
That way~no sneering at mug bringer-backers and no adding to your carbon disposable beverage container footprint

We drove and had plenty of room to bring them all back. If we had been flying it would have been more difficult.

I like your idea of the discounted price for returning mugs.

Not to sound rude but did ya read what I said? I'm against people bring back older mugs, however if the mug design is the same, I don't see the problem in bringing back an old mug.

We like our growing collection of them, however why go and buy the same 12.00 mug again? This would be our third trip in 2 years, so if it is indeed the same design like everyone says, then why buy them? Say we did buy new ones from those three trips, we'd have 6 red mugs between the three trips. That's a little overboard. HOWEVER if they are NEW then I have no problem what-so-ever going down there in a week and buying a new one.

ONCE AGAIN, I'll say I wasn't trying to start ANYTHING here, I just wanted to see if the design had changed, but I think there is a distinct difference in what I'm saying. I'm regretting even asking this now, hopefully one of the mods will come by and close this now. If I could close the thread myself I would. Sincerely sorry everyone. Didn't want to open Pandora's box of mug discussions

No, but you are contradicting yourself. That is why I commented. I actually think the mugs should be able to be reused as they are expensive, but we don't buy them since we drink water instead of other beverages. Maybe you should have phrased your question differently in the beginning.

-7-rRy7FW7gxTQiM-Ebt.png

Was there a time when you could buy a mug and it was good for future visits? I only ask because when we stayed at POFQ this last summer all we saw where people with much older mugs, not ones from the last five years because we have all those, but big old ugly ones. They looked like beer steins. It seemed that 50% of the population had them. People carried them around like they where prized , saw a lot of them late night during the time when POFQ had it's night entertainment in the lounge and of course at breakfast. Just curious.

:confused3 So it's okay if you don't get caught?

What a strange theory.

FWIW ~ SOME of the mugs that are brought back were originally sold as LIFETIME mugs.... so I'd use caution before getting too peeved about that.

We had one from Dixie Landings that was a LIFETIME mug. My house burnt down so I don't have it anymore.

We have been eight times in the last 12 months.... there are four of us. We have mugs for four (sometimes five) people for eight times. So yes 32 mugs.

I don't judge people who bring their mugs back because I have no idea what they were told when they originally bought them.

The new ones EXPLICITLY say they are good for the visit they were bought only.

In the long run you need to do what you think is the right thing and no one here can tell you what that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter