2011 Panama:Any sense on how full the ship is yet?

autocon1

Earning My Ears
Just curious if anyone knows how full the ship is as of today (for the 2011 Panama Canal)? Has it filled relatively quickly with preliminary bookings, or will there still be hope for Monday? Any sense of the status of things? thanks

One CM at DCL told me that it will most likely sell out quickly on Monday.

One CM at DCL told me that it will most likely sell out quickly on Monday.

Well now, that's not good!!! I guess there were more Gold/Platinum members than they thought booking this cruise. I knew I should have made "friends" with a G/P member to "book" for me...

The cruise will sell out Monday....weather there had been pre-bookings or not. If you're not prepared to be on the phone or on line or assign a TA to book for you when everything opens up, expect to wait for cancellations to get on the ship. The '08 EBPC sold out in one day and the WBPC a day or two later. We pretty much don't anticipate (but who can tell with DCL) that there will be any PC crossings in the next couple of years.

I am surprised how popular this sailing is. I know it is the PC and I know there may not be many more. But I thought the date of the sailing would be a major turn off to many and ease some of the demand. Guess not. Maybe Disney should do 2 PC cruises per year.

I am surprised how popular this sailing is. I know it is the PC and I know there may not be many more. But I thought the date of the sailing would be a major turn off to many and ease some of the demand. Guess not. Maybe Disney should do 2 PC cruises per year.

There's a lot of us Californians who have been looking forward to this for a long time. :3dglasses

I'll be curious at the end how many kids are onboard.

any idea guys on the price $$$ I have been looking forward to be on this cruise as well but never bothered asking the price. :)

I can tell you one of the six cabins me and my wife booked on the 21st did not pay their deposit do there reservation droped out. It was cabin 6515 a sidways 11B.

I am on the Magic! Joselyn, the cruise planner on the Magic, told me yesterday afternoon that the PC cruise is 1/2 sold.

Jan

I am on the Magic! Joselyn, the cruise planner on the Magic, told me yesterday afternoon that the PC cruise is 1/2 sold.

Jan

Oh wow, as I didn't think it will be sold out because of bad times as kids go back to school after Xmas:santa:

I wish you all the best for Monday...

Scottishwee35

Oh please, Oh please let my TA get me on this cruise. We are another CA family who have been waiting for this cruise since the last one!!

Here's to hoping the pricing has not skyrocketed!! And I agree with another poster - guess I should of had my Platinum/Gold friends book for me!!:lmao:

On the 2005 PC cruise my price went up $800 between the time I saw it on line and the time I got a CM on the phone (I was just too cautious to book on line at that time).

a new category 5C with transfers no insurance was just over 8K on the 21st
with 1/2 price deposit (2 A).

Even if the PC cruise sells out on Monday, if you really want to go - don't give up. A LOT of people will drop their reservations in the months to come.

We ended up booking our Aug. 2008 PC cruise 8 months prior. That cruise had originally sold out on the day it opened up for reservations. When we finally determined that we could actually go on that date and called DCL, the
CM told me that they had many cancellations since the original booking date. I think the Jan. date will even be harder for people to actually commit to, especially those with school children. It seems lots of people have a "book now, decide if we can really go later" mindset.

Even if the PC cruise sells out on Monday, if you really want to go - don't give up. A LOT of people will drop their reservations in the months to come.

We ended up booking our Aug. 2008 PC cruise 8 months prior. That cruise had originally sold out on the day it opened up for reservations. When we finally determined that we could actually go on that date and called DCL, the
CM told me that they had many cancellations since the original booking date. I think the Jan. date will even be harder for people to actually commit to, especially those with school children. It seems lots of people have a "book now, decide if we can really go later" mindset.

I agree. Even though we booked our 2008 Panama Canal cruise on Day 1, we talked to others who had booked the cruise anywhere from 90 days to 12 months out. We even talked to one family who booked it about two weeks prior!!!

We were able to book a room on the 21st. Our Dreams Unlimited TA was able to obtain a 'secret porthole room' that we had requested. Our party consists of my wife and myself, and my sister in our stateroom. My two friends were also able to obtain a category 8 stateroom. We were doing our happy dances by 10:30am on the 21st. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter