2011 MVMCP - Official Information (including info on Military, AP and DVC discounts)

HELP!!!! I went to the page to buy tickets for 12/7 and it shows the discounted price. In my basket, it showed the total price of the discounted price. Then when I clicked 'check out', the price jumped up to the regular ticket price. I redid this three times and each time, the price changed at the last minute. What gives????

HELP!!!! I went to the page to buy tickets for 12/7 and it shows the discounted price. In my basket, it showed the total price of the discounted price. Then when I clicked 'check out', the price jumped up to the regular ticket price. I redid this three times and each time, the price changed at the last minute. What gives????

Is it the tax? I just bought mine at the annual passholder rate but after the tax was added it looked like the general public discounted rate. I had to double check but it was just the tax.

Trying to decide between the 2nd party on Wednesday 11/9 or the first weekend party, Friday 11/11, which is also Veteran's Day. This is also Jersey week. Do you think 11/11 will be a lot busier than 11/9?

Also wanted to clarify, I don't need to have an AP now when I order my tickets... They will only require that I show an AP to pick them up, right? Unfortunately my current AP exired last week & I'm not getting a new one until we get down there in November.

I was able to buy my tickets at the AP rate because I can still log on to the passholders site with my expired AP info. They must give you access for a while after it expires in case you are renewing??

So I'm not sure if I was supposed to be able to do it that way or not, but it let me. :confused3

I'm contemplating which night to go, myself. First night Tue. Nov. 8, second night Nov. 9, or maybe Sun. Nov. 13... Any thoughts on crowd predictions for those dates?

I think I'd go with Sunday just because I've read the first couple nights could be busy. :confused3 Also the Jersey Week & Veteran's Day crowds will be gone (or reduced) by Sunday.

This year our trip is later in December so our party night will be Friday, December 16th. I'm taking my grandparents who are in there 80's. My grandmother will be in a wheelchair. Does anyone know if this will be a problem for our entire family (eight people) to watch the parade? My favorite is to watch the parade on Main Street. Any experience waiting for the parade with a larger group and one member in a wheelchair? It will probably be the first parade. The ages of our party will be between 3 and 84!

Also, how bad will the crowds be so close to Christmas? Typically we go in late November or early December so this is rather late for us.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Just want to say to Cheshire Figment - THANK YOU for posting all of the details about all of the parties. Very thoughtful of you to do so. I appreciate that you are ALWAYS so helpful!

Just want to say to Cheshire Figment - THANK YOU for posting all of the details about all of the parties. Very thoughtful of you to do so. I appreciate that you are ALWAYS so helpful!

I'll second that! Thanks so much!

This year our trip is later in December so our party night will be Friday, December 16th. I'm taking my grandparents who are in there 80's. My grandmother will be in a wheelchair. Does anyone know if this will be a problem for our entire family (eight people) to watch the parade? My favorite is to watch the parade on Main Street. Any experience waiting for the parade with a larger group and one member in a wheelchair? It will probably be the first parade. The ages of our party will be between 3 and 84!

Also, how bad will the crowds be so close to Christmas? Typically we go in late November or early December so this is rather late for us.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

This party will likely sell out. So it will be crowded. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Just adjust your expectations and get your parade spots early!

I've been getting this message all night, even though I can add them to my cart and get the "these will be saved for the next 30 minutes for you" message:

We are sorry - the tickets that you have selected are temporarily unavailable. Please try back in a few minutes.

Anyone else?

I've been getting this message all night, even though I can add them to my cart and get the "these will be saved for the next 30 minutes for you" message:

We are sorry - the tickets that you have selected are temporarily unavailable. Please try back in a few minutes.

Anyone else?

Yup, they're having "system issues". I tried this morning at least a dozen times, then gave up and called it in for Tues. Nov. 8, 2011.

2 real adults
1 disney adult
1 child
+ $5 to mail & tax
=$242.31 - already showing in my "pending" transactions on Disney Visa

Has anyone ever attended the party on its first night? Are the crowd levels reasonable? TIA!

I went to the first party this past year, on Monday November 8, 2010 with a friend and found the crowds to be very reasonable. We entered at 4:00 and were able to ride all the rides we wanted to and see all the holiday events. We had a great time!

Hi all, We are coming for the first time in Nov and were wondering if the Osborne Lights will be up. I am trying to figure out what day to go to the MVMCCP versus HS with the lights. I am trying to avoid Jersey days/Veterens Day on the Fri Nov 11, soooo my choices are Nov 8 or 9 for the party and then maybe Nov 10 for HS? Will Fantasmic make the crowds unbearable on the Thurs? Do the lights go up on Nov 8 when the Christmas events start?
Thanks for the help!

Hi all, We are coming for the first time in Nov and were wondering if the Osborne Lights will be up. I am trying to figure out what day to go to the MVMCCP versus HS with the lights. I am trying to avoid Jersey days/Veterens Day on the Fri Nov 11, soooo my choices are Nov 8 or 9 for the party and then maybe Nov 10 for HS? Will Fantasmic make the crowds unbearable on the Thurs? Do the lights go up on Nov 8 when the Christmas events start?
Thanks for the help!

We'll be thre the same week! I believe the Osborne Lights started on a Monday last year but from the park hours that have been published, I am guessing that they won't be starting until 11/10. I am still hoping that they start earlier in the week but DHS park hours jump from 7pm closings to 8pm closings on 11/10. Nothing official has been announced yet though.

We are going to the party on 11/9 then seeing the Osborne Lights on 11/10 & 11/12.

I'll be the 100th person to ask this: Is it worth the $200 for me and hubby to take our nearly-4-yr old boy to this? We've never been there at the holidays, but if we like it, may go again. We live in the northeast, so the "snow" isn't all that fascinating. We'd have to let him nap (boardwalk) then go back and stay late enough to catch all this.

Besides the parade, is there much different that we won't see when we go during regular hours?

I'll be the 100th person to ask this: Is it worth the $200 for me and hubby to take our nearly-4-yr old boy to this? We've never been there at the holidays, but if we like it, may go again. We live in the northeast, so the "snow" isn't all that fascinating. We'd have to let him nap (boardwalk) then go back and stay late enough to catch all this.

I have been going back and forth with this and we finally decided No. It was more the idea of doing something new that was attracting us to it the most. We will be there for the last day of the party, so all the special shows and parades will be available to us for free in the few days we're there after December 18 (barring any changes from previous years.) I guess only you can decide, but if you're going to be there the same time as us, and will have that same option, I'd say it's not worh it :thumbsup2

Does no advance purchase discount = probably will sell out anyway? Do the sold out parties sell out closer to the date or months in advance?

The only day we can possibly do this is November 18th, and that's if we decide to come a day early. I really want to have this figured out by the 180 days for dining, which is less than 3 weeks away!

If we do this, we'll probably add a day on at the Contemporary for just that one night, so this will end up being a very expensive party for us. My biggest concern is that it will be our first day there and my family will just want to ride rides all night and miss out on the extra stuff we are paying $$$ for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter