• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 MNSSHP trip! Need help figuring out DD's costume!

chocolatefountain.png

Hope this draws in a crowd. Chocolate fountains are always a big hit. :rotfl:

Hi everyone! Thought I would get a post in today and then start writing up day 3. I want to get through these days because I really value your opinions and I’ve been taking notes. I can’t believe there are only 43 days left!

First off is my to do list:
1. Order Garden Grocer – Since our flight is set to arrive at 9:13AM and we have an ADR for R&C at 1:25PM (then we’ll be heading to the Luau after hopefully soarin’ over California) what time do you think I should have the delivery made? Do I need to put any extra notes on the address? I’m guessing I put my name and then C/O Animal Kingdom Lodge?
2. Order PhotoPass CD
3. Order DS’s pirate shirt from disneystore. I’m still debating ordering DD a costume for the trip. She really wants to be Rapunzel and they don’t currently have that costume. But what if I spend $50 on a cheap costume and get there to find that they have a really nice one that she wants more?
4. Buy Disney gift cards from Target. I get my 10% discount plus 5% for using the RedCard and another 5% with a pharmacy reward coupon. I think that’s a better deal than 10% off for using my Disney Visa. Can those be used at BBB and PL?
5. Print Mousekeeping envelopes.
6. Make touring cards for DS.
7. Create packing list (have started a small one on my phone but need a real check list).
8. Order MNSSHP tickets.
9. Order dyes for tie-dye shirts.
10. Dye the shirts.
11. Buy new sneakers.
12. Laundry, laundry, laundry.
13. Pack.

I’m sure there is more to do but I can’t think of it. I’m going to keep this as word document and add to it. :goodvibes

Hello, I am an October vacationer too. Can't really say traveler, because I live in Central, FL. My 7 year old has Epilepsy and sensory issues very similar to Aspergers, so I completely understand the challenges that presents at Disney. But Disney is great with special needs!!

I see you are going to pre-order a CD. Stitch Kingdom had a code for $50 off. I got $50 off in an email I got from Disney about our upcoming trip! That's quite a bit of a savings!

Julie, I've been thinking a lot about the dress. DisneyStore.com only takes things back if you ship them within 30 days of purchase. That would mean that I need to wait until September 17 to order and then be able to ship them back from the hotel if we decide not to use them at the party on the 16th. I'm on pins and needles worried that they will sell out of her size. She really wants to be Rapunzel but also loves the wedding dress. I don't know which princess it is, she always loves wedding dresses. You can return them to any Disney Store (also within the 30 days) but I don't think there's an actual Disney Store down there that I could return them to. Can you ship packages from the resorts? I would probably need a pre-paid label for that wouldn't I. If I didn't know that I was going to ship it before-hand I wouldn't want to pre-pay to ship it. Right? See, now your head hurts.:rotfl:

This would be a little easier if she were younger and still played dress-up. I wouldn't mind having an extra dress around for that but I don't want to get stuck with a $50 dress that doesn't even get worn.

yes the shipping back in time...UGH never thought of that...Ok here's a new thought...was poking around on Facebook the other day..do you FB? anyways there is a lady that lives right near WDW/the Marketplace in particular and is willing to shop for you...I'd suggest looking her up on FB...Disney personal shopper and like her page...then just post a request for the type of dress you are looking for. ask if she can take photos and price check for you...that can help w/ your decision a lot I bet :thumbsup2

HEY, I AM HERE FOR THE CHOCOLATE! :rotfl:;):lmao:

But seriously........
so on Garden Grocer, with your flight arriving at 9:13, if you are taking ME, i would say, plan on arriving at your hotel by like 10:45 or so. I would say make your delivery for like 9am. The hotel will hold it for you and even will keep cold items cold for you. BLT did this for us last year! Then when you check in, simply call the front desk and ask bell services to send your order up. easy!

If you need a packing list- i have one I can send you- just give me your email address.

I haven't had time to go all the way back and read since I'm at work...
We are taking our kids out of school, too. I'm not feeling too badly about it since it's a 4 day weekend for them and they will miss 4 days. Best to do it now when it's easier to make it up then when they are older I say. And I really want to go during Halloween season :)

I'm really sorry about your doggie :sad1: I've had my cat longer than my kids and will be very distraught when she goes.

Lookie! I had visitors!

Hello, I am an October vacationer too. Can't really say traveler, because I live in Central, FL. My 7 year old has Epilepsy and sensory issues very similar to Aspergers, so I completely understand the challenges that presents at Disney. But Disney is great with special needs!!

I see you are going to pre-order a CD. Stitch Kingdom had a code for $50 off. I got $50 off in an email I got from Disney about our upcoming trip! That's quite a bit of a savings!

:welcome: The link I have to pre-order the cd says it's $50 off. I'm wondering if they always offer $50 when you pre-order.

Thanks for the tip on the butternut squash soup at The Mara. I didn't get to eat a lot of "local" food there our first stay because DH wasn't feeling adventurous. I'm not giving him a choice this time. We'll be eating at Jiko once, Boma once (maybe twice with a breakfast) and I plan on snaching at Mara when filling our mugs. :rotfl: I really should start trying to lose a few pounds since I will definitely be eating a lot this trip)

Can't help with the dress situation b/c you totally confused me! :lmao:

Really? That doesn't sound like me at all. :rotfl:

yes the shipping back in time...UGH never thought of that...Ok here's a new thought...was poking around on Facebook the other day..do you FB? anyways there is a lady that lives right near WDW/the Marketplace in particular and is willing to shop for you...I'd suggest looking her up on FB...Disney personal shopper and like her page...then just post a request for the type of dress you are looking for. ask if she can take photos and price check for you...that can help w/ your decision a lot I bet :thumbsup2

Do I facebook? Are you in our October Disser group that Michelle started? I most definitely facebook. Message me for my email if anyone wants to FR me. You should already have it though Julie. :goodvibes

Anyway, I'm already of fan of the personal Disney shopper but I didn't think to ask her. I will have to post on her wall about checking out any Rapunzel dresses she finds. If they are nicer than the Disney Store one I wouldn't mind paying a premium to have her get it for us in advance.

HEY, I AM HERE FOR THE CHOCOLATE! :rotfl:;):lmao:

But seriously........
so on Garden Grocer, with your flight arriving at 9:13, if you are taking ME, i would say, plan on arriving at your hotel by like 10:45 or so. I would say make your delivery for like 9am. The hotel will hold it for you and even will keep cold items cold for you. BLT did this for us last year! Then when you check in, simply call the front desk and ask bell services to send your order up. easy!

If you need a packing list- i have one I can send you- just give me your email address.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Do you think they will actually have our room ready that early? I was just working under the assumption that there was no way it would be ready and didn't think of having the delivery at that time.

I will message you my email on facebook since I already have the disser group pulled up in another tab. I'm not too proud to merge every packing list ever made to make sure we don't forget anything. Of course my biggest concern is making sure we have enough of DD's pump supplies. Oh, I just remembered I need to add contacting the pump company for a loaner on our trip to my to do list. Dang it seems like I mark off one thing and have to add another.

I haven't had time to go all the way back and read since I'm at work...
We are taking our kids out of school, too. I'm not feeling too badly about it since it's a 4 day weekend for them and they will miss 4 days. Best to do it now when it's easier to make it up then when they are older I say. And I really want to go during Halloween season :)

I'm really sorry about your doggie :sad1: I've had my cat longer than my kids and will be very distraught when she goes.

Thanks, my son is taking a couple of high school classes this year (7th grade) so I'm a little concerned about how those teachers will react but I think the elementary teachers will have fun with it. DD brought home a note from a previous student (they have the kids write notes at the end of the year for next year's students) of her new teacher. They made a point of mentioning how much the teacher loves Mary Poppins and DD even said the teacher made sure to tell them she love Mary Poppins. I cannot wait to get her teacher a nice souvenir. She has really been great so far this year trying to understand DD's diabetes and work with us on scheduling snacks and such.

Our dog was definitely our first child. Everyone should get a pet first, it's a good indicator of the type of parent you'll be. Our dad used to tell people when I was pregnant with my son, "If they treat that baby half as good as they treat the dog it will be one lucky baby." :rotfl:

Thanks for the welcome.

I guess $50 must be the magic number for photopass! Just in the last week, we had over 150 pictures taken. I'm up to around 400 in edits.

Don't forget if you are looking for a sweet snack, they sell zebra domes in the refrigerated section of Mara.

costumes4less has a couple Rapunzel dresses.

mmmm...I love me some chocolate :lovestruc

That was a good suggestion about asking the Disney Personal shopper to look for you.

Wish the DIS had the like button at times:thumbsup2

Thanks for the welcome.

I guess $50 must be the magic number for photopass! Just in the last week, we had over 150 pictures taken. I'm up to around 400 in edits.

Don't forget if you are looking for a sweet snack, they sell zebra domes in the refrigerated section of Mara.

costumes4less has a couple Rapunzel dresses.

Haha! I remember trying the zebra domes after everybody went on and on about them. I don't like coffee but I didn't hate them so they must be awesome to people that do like coffee.

I haven't really looked at the other costume places because I've had such bad luck with fit and quality so I was really only thinking of Disney. I wish I was handy and could sew the costume.

mmmm...I love me some chocolate :lovestruc

That was a good suggestion about asking the Disney Personal shopper to look for you.

Wish the DIS had the like button at times:thumbsup2

We've had that conversation on the October thread. Facebook has ruined us for any other kind of social site.:rotfl:

I'm typing this on a little Acer netbook I got a super deal on at Target and it's really uncomfortable to type anything major. I got it to keep the kids off of the main computer (homework and such) but if they have any real ability to type I'm not sure it's going to work very well.

Lookie! I had visitors!

always fun right...must have been the chocolate :rotfl:

Do I facebook? Are you in our October Disser group that Michelle started? I most definitely facebook. Message me for my email if anyone wants to FR me. You should already have it though Julie. :goodvibes

Anyway, I'm already of fan of the personal Disney shopper but I didn't think to ask her. I will have to post on her wall about checking out any Rapunzel dresses she finds. If they are nicer than the Disney Store one I wouldn't mind paying a premium to have her get it for us in advance.

;) no I am not in the oct group...heard of it though let me know if the PDS (Personal Disney Shopper) thing works out...curious :confused:

Hey girl

Needed to give you a bump

What you up to?

ten days to go for you

:dance3:

Ha! Not even. Tonight we are going to dye some shirts. Trying to figure out how much dye to use in each bottle. I'm going to try and make a Target one too so all my co-workers will be jealous. If they turn out well then maybe I can start a side business. :rotfl:

Ha! Not even. Tonight we are going to dye some shirts. Trying to figure out how much dye to use in each bottle. I'm going to try and make a Target one too so all my co-workers will be jealous. If they turn out well then maybe I can start a side business. :rotfl:
good luck on the shirts, let us know how they turn out!!!! only 3 days!!

My body is now dotted with different colors of dye. We had eleven to choose from and probably could have been more adventurous with our designs but everyone was a bit nervous since we didn't really know what we were doing (yes, we read the directions).

We dyed only a fraction of the clothing I had (I found a clearance on women's white shirts in different styles and only paid $2 each) and are waiting until tomorrow night to see how they turn out before we start in on some more. Now DS wants to buy more stuff to dye. :sad2: He is going to be one sad boy. I'm broke! I told him to find some stuff in his room to dye. :rotfl:

DH and I kind of dyed other shirts on accident. We used old stained shirts as clean up rags and to put under shirts that were dripping. They look pretty cool themselves. I wanted to post pics but can't seem to find my camera's USB cord. Maybe later. :goodvibes

Eeek, it's going too fast. So much to do! I'm sure the cord is around the desk somewhere.

The Mickey Heads were kind of visible. It looks like I'll be using the bleach pens I got today. I just need to figure out if I should use them now or after I wash them in synthrapol.

:rotfl:

Cool, can't wait to see :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter