2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

Ok, assuming that information is correct, i have a question.

My stay will be 11/27-12-6
That thread shows FD November 27, 2011 - December 3, 2011

Do I get it for all days? Even those past the 3rd?

yes. It has always been the norm that if you check in on a date that offers free dining you will get free dining for your entire stay up to 14 days.

yes. It has always been the norm that if you check in on a date that offers free dining you will get free dining for your entire stay up to 14 days.

If I check in on the day before it starts (October 22 for example) for a 10 day stay will I have to buy a one day room and ticket and then a nine day room and ticket with FD?

If I check in on the day before it starts (October 22 for example) for a 10 day stay will I have to buy a one day room and ticket and then a nine day room and ticket with FD?

You will need to book a room only stay for the first night and leave your ticket as a 10 day ticket as park of your dining package that starts on the 23rd. You can pick up your package ticket early at certain locations. Check Cheshire Figments ticket sticky for that info.

PLEASE NOBODY LOSE THEIR HEADS YET!!! This is a RUMOR and someone saying that they have "inside" information. Those dates seem plausible, but you can't take a random post by an anonymous Diser as fact yet. If a Mod or a TA had posted it, or even comes along to confirm it, that's a different story.

+1. But lets just assume... since it works out for me:woohoo::woohoo:

I am staying 9 nights, but only getting 8 day ticket. Do I get 9 dining or 8?

Thanks. One more question (sorry to be full of questions today) :confused3

Can someone tell me the upgrade cost to go from quick service to the regular dining? I have to start figuring out if it's worth it to go moderate, or value and upgrade. I definately want the regular dining.

Also, just for kicks, what would it cost to upgrade from regular dining at a moderate to deluxe dining? I might just go all out since it's free :yay:

Thanks. One more question (sorry to be full of questions today) :confused3

Can someone tell me the upgrade cost to go from quick service to the regular dining? I have to start figuring out if it's worth it to go moderate, or value and upgrade. I definately want the regular dining.

Also, just for kicks, what would it cost to upgrade from regular dining at a moderate to deluxe dining? I might just go all out since it's free :yay:
You just pay the price difference between the plans:

Quick Service Dining Plan
Adults (Ages 10+) : $34.99 per day
Children: (Ages 3-9): $ 11.99 per day

Disney Dining Plan
Adults (Ages 10+) : $45.99 per day (regular season) / $47.99 (peak season)
Children: (Ages 3-9): $11.99 per day (regular season / $12.99 (peak season)

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
Adults (Ages 10+) : $78.99 per day
Children: (Ages 3-9): $21.99 per day

Okay, The Dis just posted this rumor to their homepage and to their Facebook page, they must know something or have some reason for thinking these dates are real or they would NOT have posted this info . . . . .

Rumor - free Dining Plan to be released August 3rd
by Scott Smith
Jul 29, 2011

A rumor has begun circulating that Disney will offer a free Dining Plan for select dates. According to the rumor, bookings beginning August 3rd, 2011 will be eligible for the free Dining Plan for the following travel dates:

October 2, 2011 - October 8, 2011

October 23, 2011 - November 5, 2011

November 13, 2011 - November 19, 2011

November 27, 2011 - December 3, 2011

December 11, 2011 - December 17

Quick Service dining would be available to Value resort guests and Regular Dining for Moderate, Deluxe and Villa resort guests. To read more about this rumor, visit this thread on DISBoards.com.

I was afraid of that. We are going Oct 15-22. It was blacked out of a room discount when we booked it and won't be available for this discount either. I'm so disappointed. I was really hoping for some Disney magic to discount the cost of this trip.

If the free dining does come out on the 3rd (fingers crossed :cool1: ),

does anyone know how early on the 3rd could I book my package with that offer through Disney?:surfweb:

Last year I got free dining and had a heck of a time making reservations.
Start making em now folks! Before everyone and their mothers finds out about this.

Our travel dates don't fit into these dates but we are flexible and can change things around. I chose new travel dates, checked Disney availability online, checked airfares so I'm ready to move 1st thing on Aug. 3 if this rumor proves to be true. I did also make all my dining ressies for my new week just in case. Now the anxiety of the wait!!

I was afraid of that. We are going Oct 15-22. It was blacked out of a room discount when we booked it and won't be available for this discount either. I'm so disappointed. I was really hoping for some Disney magic to discount the cost of this trip.

We picked this week as well and have everything booked and ready to go...so no looking back now...why do you think they chose to black out these dates? Looked like low numbers on touring plans...we had free dining for these dates two years ago...was hoping for the same!

If the free dining does come out on the 3rd (fingers crossed :cool1: ),

does anyone know how early on the 3rd could I book my package with that offer through Disney?:surfweb:
Disney Reservations will open at 7 a.m. EST, that would be the earliest you can book.

We picked this week as well and have everything booked and ready to go...so no looking back now...why do you think they chose to black out these dates? Looked like low numbers on touring plans...we had free dining for these dates two years ago...was hoping for the same!
That's Columbus Day week and a lot of schools have their Fall Breaks then, so WDW probably doesn't need to fill rooms that week. I think that timeframe has been blacked out the last 2 years.

OK
We have never got free dining before.:banana:
So if we are set to check in Dec.15th and check out Dec.19th,Do we get free dining for the 18th?
If so can we add one more day to our trip and check out on the 20th and get it for that day also?:confused3

OK
We have never got free dining before.:banana:
So if we are set to check in Dec.15th and check out Dec.19th,Do we get free dining for the 18th?
If so can we add one more day to our trip and check out on the 20th and get it for that day also?:confused3

Yes. I asked a similar question and it seems as long as you check in on the 15th, you would get as many days as you book past the 17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter