• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

I was hoping someone could give me some input. We have not been to disney in several years and now have 3 children. We want to stay at the Yacht Club for a week so that we can enjoy the pool during the afternoons. Would it be better for us to go the week before Labor Day and have the free dining OR better to go during the kid's spring break in April 2012 which is two weeks after Easter? It would be nice to have the additional time to save if we went in April, but will we be paying a lot more in April or could there be discounts then too (week of April 16, 2012)? If anyone has some insight that would be great as I am a newcomer. Thanks!

There probably won't be any free dining around Easter. There may be room discounts of some sort.

I just called Disney to change my reservations. We originally booked the Kids Stay and Play Free Package with Quick Service - I changed it over to Free Dining (paid the upgrade because we are staying at Pop) and did NOT have to purchase the photo book. My CM stated that was only for Disney Visa Rewards Members.

Well, that is interesting, as the text released by Disney for the general public offer says it is for a Memories Vacation Package with the photo book. so you ARE supposed to get the photo book. You should check and make sure you actually have free dining.

Here is what is on Disney's website:

For a limited time, get a FREE dining plan when you buy the New Memories Vacation Package for 5-nights/6-days at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights between August 28 and September 24, 2011. This new package includes room, theme park tickets and a 20-page Disney's PhotoPass® Photo Book to preserve and share your family memories.

Says nothing about Disney Visa cardholders.

Well, that is interesting, as the text released by Disney for the general public offer says it is for a Memories Vacation Package with the photo book. so you ARE supposed to get the photo book. You should check and make sure you actually have free dining.

Here is what is on Disney's website:

Says nothing about Disney Visa cardholders.

I thought that's what I read as well. I didn't have a 5 night, I had a 4 night - I don't know if that made a difference or not? I asked specifically about the book 3 times and was told no - I did not have to purchase it.

I just applied this to my reservation and it saved us $600. I love these boards keeping me up to date! They did say the photobook does come with the deal. Now I am just wondering how we go about getting the book? I have gotten the cd in the past, but I always got it there.

Just called and got changed to free dining. SOOO excited since I've been waiting for this deal to come out. LOVE these boards for letting me know about this deal. :dance3:

I was hoping someone could give me some input. We have not been to disney in several years and now have 3 children. We want to stay at the Yacht Club for a week so that we can enjoy the pool during the afternoons. Would it be better for us to go the week before Labor Day and have the free dining OR better to go during the kid's spring break in April 2012 which is two weeks after Easter? It would be nice to have the additional time to save if we went in April, but will we be paying a lot more in April or could there be discounts then too (week of April 16, 2012)? If anyone has some insight that would be great as I am a newcomer. Thanks!

Since you are considering a higher-end resort, this depends on the deals offered. For our family of 4, the FD at a moderate or value is the best deal within our budget. Price out a Free dining deal in Aug/Sept against a 25-40% room discount around Easter. If all kids are considered adult (12+) then the FD is likely the best. We only have 2 kids and 1 "regular room" is sufficient. You may have to pay more for a room that accommodates 5 people, so consider that in your offers. Best of luck in planning a magical vacation.

~Blaine

I thought that's what I read as well. I didn't have a 5 night, I had a 4 night - I don't know if that made a difference or not? I asked specifically about the book 3 times and was told no - I did not have to purchase it.

I just called back and got a different CM - she confirmed that yes, the 20 page book does come with the package I have booked. Thanks for all the posts - I'm glad I called to make sure.

No, it doesn't make a difference how long the stay is. The free dining is applicable only to the Memories package and that package includes the book (and the cost of the book). If you have the free dining, I am sure you have the book as part of your package, no matter what they told you.

(I see the poster did call to check and they did include the book - just goes to show you that Disney phone agents are still incorrect a lot.)

I just applied this to my reservation and it saved us $600. I love these boards keeping me up to date! They did say the photobook does come with the deal. Now I am just wondering how we go about getting the book? I have gotten the cd in the past, but I always got it there.

You will get a coupon code for the free 20 page book (a 79.95 value, plus free standard shipping ) with your package. The coupon code expires 1-31-2012.

Here's the official verbage
Promotion code is a one-time use only and cannot be combined with any other offers. Promotion code will be provided as a voucher in your travel documents and will expire on 1/31/2012. Promotion code is not redeemable for cash in whole or in part. Promotion code holds no cash value. Promotion code is a one-time use code which will remove the cost of one (1) Disney's PhotoPass Photo Book with 20 pages. Standard domestic or International shipping charges will also be removed from your order. Offer does not include duties or value-added taxes, which may be assessed and are the responsibility of the package recipient. If additional pages are added to the Disney's PhotoPass Photo Book, additional products are added to this order, or Express shipping options selected, additional charges will apply upon final check out from DisneyPhotoPass.com

I booked my stay last night (starting on 9/24-free QSDP for the whole stay) and as far as I could figure the book is free with the package. I did the math with figuring my nights in the room, my 2 days base tickets and the book didn't add up in the total. So I guess it is really free.

As an experiment, this is what came up online -

Caribbean Beach standard room 8/28 - 8/31, 1 guest, 2 day base ticket, no dining - $710.32

Same reservation on the free dining offer - $801.22

This is a difference of $90.90, so it appears the book is not free.

It states on Mousesavers that the Photopass book is required for the package and will add about $100 to your total. :goodvibes

Good to know but I couldn't get the same total that they came up with when I booked. I'll check it again.

Okay so I checked it again, online, 12 nights at POP starting 9/24, departing on 10/6 with 3-2 day base tickets (adults) comes to 2011.90 inc. tax. on their website (with free QSDP) My invoice for the same is $1866.22, inc. tax (booked last night)Balance due after $200 dep. is 1666.22 Neither one inc. insurance. I can't figure out why it's more expensive if I book the rooms and tickets online today but it is. ($145.68 less than if I booked it online). I can't explain why the quote I got is less than it should be, not to mention I don't see a charge for the book. Maybe booking with DV you get the book for free? I've gone over my invoice and everything is there as it should be.

I have personally gone in both April and September and fine September much much less busy. I have never been at the end of August but here it is not as busy since plenty of kids go back to school that week before Labour Day. Though the weather in April is cooler and September can be bloody hot so if that may be a factor to think about too.

Good to know but I couldn't get the same total that they came up with when I booked. I'll check it again.

Okay so I checked it again, online, 12 nights at POP started 9/24, departing on 10/6 with 3-2 day base tickets (adults) comes to 1911.00 inc. tax. on their website (with free QSDP) My invoice for the same is $1866.22, inc. tax (booked last night) Neither one inc. insurance. I can't figure out why it's more expensive if I book the rooms and tickets online but it is. ($46.78 less than if I booked it online). I can't explain why the quote I got is less than it should be, don't to mention I don't see a charge for the book.

Hmmm...check to be sure you have your preferred/ standard options the same and is your invoice amount before or after the deposit was applied? I have never heard of the prices not matching up. You should be able to price it exactly to what you got by phone only you would need to add the 90.90 for the book

Okay so I checked it again, online, 12 nights at POP started 9/24, departing on 10/6 with 3-2 day base tickets (adults) comes to 2011.90 inc. tax. on their website (with free QSDP) My invoice for the same is $1866.22, inc. tax (booked last night) Neither one inc. insurance. I can't figure out why it's more expensive if I book the rooms and tickets online todaybut it is. ($145.68 less than if I booked it online). I can't explain why the quote I got is less than it should be, not to mention I don't see a charge for the book. Maybe booking with DV you get the book for free? I've gone over my invoice and everything is there as it should be.

I did some pricing last night before the offer was released, I got a quoted price of $1468.73 for a value with no dining,preferred room and today for the same dates, preferred, it is $1586.63 so something is definitely changed!:confused3

I did some pricing last night before the offer was released, I got a quoted price of $1468.73 for a value with no dining,preferred room and today for the same dates, preferred, it is $1586.63 so something is definitely changed!:confused3

As a few people have mentioned in earlier posts, there is an additional charge of $90.90 for the photo book.

It's something else. You don't get the book for free no matter how you book. And they don't itemize the book either - they just include the $90.90 in the package price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter