2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

So if free dining is announced in May, what do you predict the travel dates will be? I am going to guess dates ending Nov. 1 with another announcement in July extending free dining until the end of the year with some blackout dates for both.

I am hoping for free dining this September. I remember the good old days when you could book an economy and seat down meals were included with the tips.:cool1:

I called last week and no FD attached to me. I am just not a lucky person.

If they do announce free dining for the general public do you think it will still include up til August 13? That seems to be the end date that everyone who has a pin for FD is getting. We are going August 10-19.

DH keeps saying to stop stressing about it. I am trying. It would make eating so much easier since all 3 kids are over 10 now. We will be sharing meals if we don't get FD. Eh, so what. We will be in Disney World. :yay:

Thanks.

Allyson

Well we are waiting on free dining plan dates and our sons fall break to plan our trip. We are hoping for around September 24th. his birthday.

Im not even going in 2011 and I am hoping for free dining for everyone too!! :) its so exciting waiting for the new deals to come out!! i would get up every morning and that was the first thing i did was check check check for free dining!! my daughter thought i was nuts. fingers crossed for everyone!!! i am hoping for 2012 free dining or at least a great room discount for august. I was also told that up to 3 people in your family can use your pin?? i have one attached to my name but of course im not going this year :(

So if free dining is announced in May, what do you predict the travel dates will be? I am going to guess dates ending Nov. 1 with another announcement in July extending free dining until the end of the year with some blackout dates for both.

If they do announce free dining for the general public do you think it will still include up til August 13? That seems to be the end date that everyone who has a pin for FD is getting. We are going August 10-19.

DH keeps saying to stop stressing about it. I am trying. It would make eating so much easier since all 3 kids are over 10 now. We will be sharing meals if we don't get FD. Eh, so what. We will be in Disney World. :yay:

Thanks.

Allyson

Normally the general public free dining started around that date (8/13) and continued until the beginning of Oct.

The bonus free dining offers (last year was offered in July) covered where the first free dining offer ended through mid-December, but I think there were some blackout dates.

I am hoping for free dining this September. I remember the good old days when you could book an economy and seat down meals were included with the tips.:cool1:

Those were the days my friends, I thought they'd never end....la la la la....

Our first trip with free dining (Aug. '05) was so inexpensive...we had free dining including tips
and we had $300 in Disney Visa Reward $$$ that paid for all our souvenirs.
It was AWESOME. Sigh.
:wizard:

Thanks.

Allyson

From mousemisers.com, I looked at last years offer for free dining (the one that had to be booked by Dec20th) and it started its dates in August on the 19th and going through until September 29th, 2011. So if they go by those parameters, it unfortunately will likely not include your dates. However, you just never know!:thumbsup2

We are also hoping for free dining for our trip. It may actually determine if we go at all. We want to go the last week of October for my birthday. If there's no free dining, I need to look into the possibility of staying offsite and eating offsite to afford a trip this year. :sad2:

Well we are waiting on free dining plan dates and our sons fall break to plan our trip. We are hoping for around September 24th. his birthday.

I'm hoping for my birthday too...also September 24th!:thumbsup2 I'm definitely going either way, but free dining would make it much easier and enjoyable!:goodvibes I remember the good old days when it used to be announced in April! I don't know if I can stand waiting until May to book!:rolleyes:

i am trying to decide if i should do a room only ressie right now and add package to it later.

Just so you know, last time I booked my room and tickets then when free dining came out, they made me cancel my room and I had to redo my whole reservation to get the free dining. We were originally staying at AS Movies and I was told there were no more rooms there so we had to switch resorts. So, even if you book now you have to cancel that one and redo your reservation anyway (at least in my experience).

Just got a SECOND PIN CODE for Free Dining - book by Apr 30 for Apr 23-Aug 13/11.
So Free Dining is almost def being announced on May 1st!

Yep, I just checked my email from overnight, and I also got a second pin code for free dining for those same dates. Because of this, I think the free dining announcement will be made for Disney Visa holders on May 2 (since May 1 is a Sunday.) and then open to the public shortly after that.

Those were the days my friends, I thought they'd never end....la la la la....

Our first trip with free dining (Aug. '05) was so inexpensive...we had free dining including tips
and we had $300 in Disney Visa Reward $$$ that paid for all our souvenirs.
It was AWESOME. Sigh.
:wizard:

Yes! We were blessed to have the same thing happen to us in September of 06. We had free dining (full plan, not quick service) that included tips. We had about $900 Disney Reward points/money so that we were able to buy souvenirs. It was a wonderful trip, a once in a lifetime memory!!!!! :goodvibes

I got the same pins that end in Aug as everyone else. I got the pins on two seperate email accounts. Plus my wife got the same one on her email as well. Makes sense cause our trip is booked for the end of Aug. LOL

I received the third of that same PIN offer (for my MIL on my e-mail :rolleyes:)...seems to me we will see a new offer on May 1, sure hope so anyway!

Since May 1 is a Sunday, I am expecting to see the offer come up for Disney Visa holders on Monday, May 2.

Yep, I just checked my email from overnight, and I also got a second pin code for free dining for those same dates. Because of this, I think the free dining announcement will be made for Disney Visa holders on May 2 (since May 1 is a Sunday.) and then open to the public shortly after that.

Yes! We were blessed to have the same thing happen to us in September of 06. We had free dining (full plan, not quick service) that included tips. We had about $900 Disney Reward points/money so that we were able to buy souvenirs. It was a wonderful trip, a once in a lifetime memory!!!!! :goodvibes

I was just wondering how Disney will notify Disney Visa card holders? We are scheduled to stay in a value resort (POP) do you think the free dinning will be offered for that resort?

Just so you know, last time I booked my room and tickets then when free dining came out, they made me cancel my room and I had to redo my whole reservation to get the free dining. We were originally staying at AS Movies and I was told there were no more rooms there so we had to switch resorts. So, even if you book now you have to cancel that one and redo your reservation anyway (at least in my experience).

Oh, foo. I was afraid that something like that might be the case. I guess I shouldn't complain too much though, since I'm getting a pretty good deal on the room -- one that's probably better than what I'd have gotten with FD and a rack rate.

T-minus 39 days!

This was not the case for us? As I understand it... this only applies IF you have a room only reservation. I have changed my discount MANY times including resort changes. We typically book the best deal early then if something better comes out we will change the discount code. We have never had a problem and never had to cancel and rebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter