2011 DISers Halloween Party Dates & Costumes List

We'll be there!! Oct 18-22 and attending MHP on October 21 - DS's 3rd birthday!! Not sure what costume he'll have yet.....do they have Special Agent Oso costumes? :) So excited!!!!:banana:

specialks, we are also in Arizona and our school district is out from September 23 to October 16th, however our High Schoolers have to be back to school on October 10th. Disneyland is a popular destination for our fall break and from September 23 to October 9 is when a lot our district will be visiting :goodvibes.

Kris

We will be there for certain from AZ 10/2-10/6. (Florence school district).

We'll be there same time 9/30 to 10/9 (Vail) :goodvibes.

WOW! You guys are fabulous. Thank you so much. That looks like I might be leading back to my 11th or 18th date. :) Ha! I feel like a bit of a freak going to this much worry over it; however, my DH was NOT happy with the crowds we experienced in early Dec 2010 so I want to "redeem" DLR in his eyes. :) Thanks again for your input!

I can tell you that DLR mut be anticipating higher crowds in the first half of October this year because the PIN code offer I just got for the DLR hotels is only good from 10/16 - 10/31. If they were low on bookings or if they anticipated low crowds for early October, they would have included those earlier weeks in the PIN code rates I got. So they must be thinking that the second half of the month will be less crowded in order to put out those rates.

In fact, now I am looking at possibly doing the MHP on 10/18 because of the offer I got!:rotfl2: I may have to choose 10/21 because it's a Friday and may be more convenient - even though it is not my first choice - but the 18th is now on my radar too!

Hmmm, this is very logical and has me leaning towards the 18th. Any comments on how the CHOC walk affects crowds after that weekend? Since we are driving, I am considering arriving on the 18th and going to the party. Then buying 2 day park hoppers for the Wed & Thur (19th & 20th)...

PS. I was able to online chat with disneyland.com and they did not have any information about the Disney Visa card member early purchasing for the Halloween party and that he believed it was only for APs. He did recommend I check with the Disney Visa recent newsletter or call them -- but I don't even have my card yet, so can't do that. :)

Hmmm, this is very logical and has me leaning towards the 18th. Any comments on how the CHOC walk affects crowds after that weekend? Since we are driving, I am considering arriving on the 18th and going to the party. Then buying 2 day park hoppers for the Wed & Thur (19th & 20th)...

PS. I was able to online chat with disneyland.com and they did not have any information about the Disney Visa card member early purchasing for the Halloween party and that he believed it was only for APs. He did recommend I check with the Disney Visa recent newsletter or call them -- but I don't even have my card yet, so can't do that. :)

I think you have to actually call the ticket number - 714-781-4400 - to get the advance purchase Visa discount for the MHP tickets (and DVC discounts too). I don't think it's ever been available online. Last year, AP holders, DVC members and Disney Visa card holders were able to pre-purchase MHP tickets on that phone number, if I recall correctly, and get discounts.

It's possible DLR may have changed its policy this year and eliminated the Visa folks from the mix - for example, all of a sudden they are allowing people to buy 1 day/1 park tickets online when, in the past, you could only get those tickets by calling the same ticket phone number. As they change things, they may change who gets discounts, but if you get a chance try calling that phone number just to be sure. I think someone in our Superthread mentioned (not so long ago) ordering tickets with their Visa after they went on sale to the AP and DVC people. I may be losing my mind and imagining that, but I think they did!:rotfl2:

I've always heard that CHOC brings out lots of people but have not seen the crowds for myself. Frankly, I was surprised to see that the PIN code I received did not cover the first 2 weeks of October - that seemed very odd to me. I always thought that early October was very crowded, late October was really crowded, but in the middle was better. So to see the PIN for the last 2 weeks of that month only made me think that DLR is somehow anticipating larger crowds for the first 2 weeks of October. Perhaps there is some other event happening during that time that we don't know about yet? Maybe some other type of convention, or some other special thing that draws in large crowds?

Yep, I think I would still be going back and forth between 10/11 or 10/18 if I were you, with a possible slant towards 10/18. In my case, just because of this PIN offer, I will probably end up at the MHP on 10/18 or 10/21, even though I know the 10/21 party will be a madhouse. That date would only be on the agenda if friends of mine can't do the party on a Tuesday!

If I hadn't gotten the PIN, I would have probably done an earlier party in the season this year, even with larger crowds, just to add some more space in between my Halloween trip and Christmas trip, so they are not so close together.

Hmmm....possibly that 10/3 date would be better if the AZ break begins on 10/11. A Monday night party like the 3rd would be less crowded than a Friday night - that's for sure.

I hope you're right! From the dates I've seen posted, it looks like the 3rd is the only date we can go. We fly in on the 1st around noon and leave the same time on the 7th. We're hoping the crouds aren't too bad with my daughter, but these posts about school breaks are making me nervous! :sad1:

I hope you're right! From the dates I've seen posted, it looks like the 3rd is the only date we can go. We fly in on the 1st around noon and leave the same time on the 7th. We're hoping the crouds aren't too bad with my daughter, but these posts about school breaks are making me nervous! :sad1:

My recommendation would be to expect all the crowds. When we went in Dec last year we had heard all over how the beginning of December was slow and a great time to go...then we got there. It was busier than even DLR expected based on the many CMs we talked to. We weren't expecting the crowds so they really put us off and made us frustrated. Had we gone in expecting the worst with a better touring plan in place, we would have had a far more enjoyable visit. So, just prepare yourself for crowds then you will either have what you expect or be pleasantly surprised! :)

My wife and I shall be there on 28th but sadly no costumes for us as we are travelling from the UK

You could always consider purchasing online (Target or Amazon or similar) and having it shipped to the hotel. Many hotels will accept mail deliveries for you if you have the package properly labeled. That is an option if you are really wanting to dress up.

specialks - I just called that ticket phone number that I mentioned above to confirm and CM Amy said that you absolutely can call that line right now and order MHP tickets with Disney Visa, DVC or AP. It's not only for AP holders. Again, if you have them shipped, it will cost a few bucks, which would take away some of the discount. But you can do it!

My wife and I shall be there on 28th but sadly no costumes for us as we are travelling from the UK

We're from the UK too and I'm considering doing MHP on the 28th too.

This would perhaps be instead of a full day in Disneyland, so I have a couple of questions for you all.

I have a couple of options:

1)buy a 3 day park hopper and do a day in each of DL and CA and then choose our favourite for the third day

2)buy a 2 day park hopper and do a day in each of DL and CA

or
3) buy a 1 day hopper and cram in DL and CA sometime midweek, and also spend time at DL for MHP on the 28th after a morning exploring the coast in Orange County.

What I'm wondering is if we would get to do all the major rides (we have teens, so wouldn't ride anything like Dumbo or Carousels) if we only attended MHP? I understand that we may get entry to the park a few hours before the party, that might help)? Or will it be crowded and it would be better to get a whole day at DL as well as MHP? :confused3

So far we have only done Magic Kingdom and are happy to tour from park opening until about 2 or 3pm in August's heat but I hear DL is smaller than MK, hence my question, can it be done just within a MHP time-scale?

In terms of our budget, I Google last year's MHP prices and it doesn't seem to make a huge amount of difference if we spend a whole day in DL or just do MHP. So I'm going to base our decision mostly on how to see most of DL and have the most fun.

Lastly, how do we get MHP tickets from the UK? Can we only buy at the gate?

Thanks for any tips oh wise ones :worship:

specialks - I just called that ticket phone number that I mentioned above to confirm and CM Amy said that you absolutely can call that line right now and order MHP tickets with Disney Visa, DVC or AP. It's not only for AP holders. Again, if you have them shipped, it will cost a few bucks, which would take away some of the discount. But you can do it!

Thanks Sherry!

I am trying to decide when to do the party.. The day we get there.. That Friday night or the day before we leave... Is there a difference in crowds from a Tuesday night to a Friday night? And is this a must do?

Got a question for those of you who have been to a MHP before...what do people do for dinner time during the party? Any tips or recommendations?

Yippie! We're booked! We will be attending the party on Tuesday Oct 25th. I was able to get the $44 tickets with my DV. The CM said they go on sale to the public tomorrow for $49 (advance purchase) and will be available on the day of for $59.

So excited!!! Just purchased tickets to the party on Friday the 14th!! What a great way to start our Disney vacation this year! :yay::yay:

Just purchased our tickets last night for the 25th!

I'll most likely be a pirate and DH will be Indiana Jones!!

Can't wait!!!

The group and I haven't totally decided yet, but we are probably going to the Oct. 3 and 4 parties. I plan on going to as many of the early parties as possible, because CM discount makes the ticket price awesome.

I already mentioned we are doing a Beauty and the Beast group with myself as Belle, but I came up with an awesome costume idea: Dapper Danielles. We already made skirts and wore them to the park on Wednesday (the boys loved it) and now we're working on the vests and hoping to find straw hats.

woot woot, just bought tickets for Tuesday the 11th !!! Not sure who is gonna be what yet, but I think we are gonna have a Mario & Lugi only 10 more people to figure out :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter