2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a report on the Transportation forum, the Y&BC dock will be closed from 2/14 to 3/10. Just a heads up for all who are going soon:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2654795

Thanks so much for the heads up on this! I'll put this info on the front page.

Now, if they would just fix the air conditioning issues in the boats... Not so much a problem now, but it would greatly improve the summer experience!

Now, if they would just fix the air conditioning issues in the boats... Not so much a problem now, but it would greatly improve the summer experience!

The dates have changed. It starts the 21st for 3 weeks.

I think I read there are 71 rooms club level at the Yacht Club- we are booked in a standard room because we would like a daybed . Does anyone have any specifics about CL rooms with daybeds? Also jsut looking for more pictures!!!!! when was the rehab of rooms completed? thanks- Can't wait to go there!:cool1::cool1:

Love the new thread. Great job. We'll be at the BC Nov. 27 - Dec 4. My DH and I are so looking forward to sharing our favorite resort with the kids and grandkids.

I think I read there are 71 rooms club level at the Yacht Club- we are booked in a standard room because we would like a daybed . Does anyone have any specifics about CL rooms with daybeds? Also jsut looking for more pictures!!!!! when was the rehab of rooms completed? thanks- Can't wait to go there!:cool1::cool1:

That number is close. Around 70-75. About half of the standard view club level rooms have daybeds and the others are two queens, a king, or a queen and daybed. Most of those rooms are two queens only in them.

Specifics about a standard view room? Only thing I can definitely tell you is that it will have a view of a parking lot or a roof. It will be on the fifth floor.

If you have five people over the age of 3 on your reservation, you will get one of the rooms with a daybed. If you do not have five, then you should add the request "daybed requested" on your reservation. If there are any rooms left that have not gone to a reservation with five people on it, you will have a chance of getting it if you have that request on your reservation. However, requests are not guaranteed and a daybed is tough because obviously they are sold to the families of five.

I'm having serious Beach Club/Disney World withdrawls today! :sad1:
You know the feeling...Last Friday at this time, we were standing on the bridge in Epcot waiting for Illuminations to start, drinking coffee, laughing with the kids, enjoying the beautiful warm evening.......sigh.....

I was looking around on Youtube for videos of the Beach Club and stumbled on a great video of Teena - so now I can put a face to a name! Thanks for all your helpful insight!! Hope to meet you in May - we will be checking in May1st!

So I have a ressie at WL for 8 nights, free dining.

I can move to BC with the current room only discount, pay for the DP and it costs $1000 more.

This if for 2 rooms and 7 people.

Question: do you think the BC is $1000 better than the WL? Why or why not?

Many thanks for anyone who cares to share an opinion!!! :grouphug:

I'm having serious Beach Club/Disney World withdrawls today! :sad1:
You know the feeling...Last Friday at this time, we were standing on the bridge in Epcot waiting for Illuminations to start, drinking coffee, laughing with the kids, enjoying the beautiful warm evening.......sigh.....
Was thinking the same thing. I was on that very bridge last Friday. Now I feel awkward because I didn't say hi.

So I have a ressie at WL for 8 nights, free dining.

I can move to BC with the current room only discount, pay for the DP and it costs $1000 more.

This if for 2 rooms and 7 people.

Question: do you think the BC is $1000 better than the WL? Why or why not?

Many thanks for anyone who cares to share an opinion!!! :grouphug:
you can't lose either way, both resorts are great. You will have a lot more space at BC, dunno if that's worth $1000. Also WL pool is much smaller.

The boats are supposed to have AC? On our trip last Sept we took the boat from Epcot to the BW and it was so hot on that boat we almost got sick.:sad2: I thought they just didn't have AC not that is was broken. That gives me hope! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter