2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am downloading a lot of pics everyday that we take on my facebook. If you want to see the pics ask to be friends on facebook and send a pm saying that your from the dis board and I will befriend you. I am listed as heatherbabydoll1 from Louisa, KY. Look for our family picture.

Heather ... I tried but it said it could not find a heatherbabydoll1. Of course, as everybody here knows, I'm not the greatest with computers.

Heather ... I tried but it said it could not find a heatherbabydoll1. Of course, as everybody here knows, I'm not the greatest with computers.

I couldn't get it to work either.

Heather,

What a touching picture of you 2. Love it! I get teary eyed at moments like that too. I am so glad that you are having an amazing trip!

What is the shortcut back to your room? It probably has been mentioned before.:rolleyes1

here is other info, to try to find me:

Heather Ridgeway

heatherbabydoll1@yahoo.com

See if that works!

Thanks again for everything! We check out today to go to OKW but I see us coming back here for sure! The room couldn't be any better!

I couldn't get it to work either.

Heather,

What a touching picture of you 2. Love it! I get teary eyed at moments like that too. I am so glad that you are having an amazing trip!

What is the shortcut back to your room? It probably has been mentioned before.:rolleyes1

There is a little gate at the first building of BC on your way back from the international gateway. Turn there following the sidewalk past the blue building to the smoking area (left hubby there) and straight into the green DVC building!

There is a little gate at the first building of BC on your way back from the international gateway. Turn there following the sidewalk past the blue building to the smoking area (left hubby there) and straight into the green DVC building!

Will that make a shorter walk for the BC rooms as well not just the Villa's?

By the way thank you for all the votes for the grey goose slushie, it was soo good! (In this picture we meet some new friends behind us :rolleyes1)

Hi Heather,
We arrive on Friday and the Grand Marnier Slushie may be the first thing I grab! Might have to do a comparison with the grey goose! It looks like the weather is fabulous and predicted to stay that way. I am beside myself with excitement because warm weather is much better for Grand Marnier slushies (and the Sunken Treasure at SAB too)!

Will that make a shorter walk for the BC rooms as well not just the Villa's?

Nope but depending on where your room is in the BC, right by that "gate" is a door. If you go in it, it takes you into the hallway by Room 1501 or if you go up the stairs, by 2501, etc. If your room is between that door and the lobby, it's a short cut. If your room is on the other side of the lobby, I wouldn't bother UNLESS it's in the summer and so hot, then the walk through the air conditioned hallways is always refreshing!

Pool Question: Is the BC Dunes Pool for DVC only or for anyone staying at BC? Is it heated?

Has Beaches and Cream changed their take out policy? Last year the smell of onion rings drifting to the pool tortured me but they would not sell me any to go.

Hi Heather,
We arrive on Friday and the Grand Marnier Slushie may be the first thing I grab! Might have to do a comparison with the grey goose! It looks like the weather is fabulous and predicted to stay that way. I am beside myself with excitement because warm weather is much better for Grand Marnier slushies (and the Sunken Treasure at SAB too)!

We weren't sure which one to try so I let my DH pick. Tasted like the best frozen lemonaid I ever had. Did not even taste any liqure. I could have drank many of them.

At rose and crown we tried the Welch dragon, wasn't to impressed but got a great server named Sam (ask for him if you go, he was awsome!)

Pool Question: Is the BC Dunes Pool for DVC only or for anyone staying at BC? Is it heated?

Has Beaches and Cream changed their take out policy? Last year the smell of onion rings drifting to the pool tortured me but they would not sell me any to go.

There are three "quiet" pools, one by the BCV, one by the BC and one by the YC. Anyone can use any of those pools.

Nope, you are going to have to suffer again with the onion ring smell unless you go in and sit down and order them (which I do ... I sit at the counter and eat them ... so good!!!)

For all my praying friends out there. Please say a little prayer for my sister in law in Altamonte Springs, FL. Her name is Hannah and we just got word that she is in the hospital and just got her appendex taken out in emergency. We are moving plans around and heading to the hospital to go check on her.

Heather: I will have her in my prayers!!

How far is she from Disney??

thanks for posting the pics earlier, it keeps me going until our next trip.

For all my praying friends out there. Please say a little prayer for my sister in law in Altamonte Springs, FL. Her name is Hannah and we just got word that she is in the hospital and just got her appendex taken out in emergency. We are moving plans around and heading to the hospital to go check on her.

Oh no! I pray that she heals quickly.

I believe so. There was a door about half way down the blue BC building that it looked like you could swipe card for access.

Nope but depending on where your room is in the BC, right by that "gate" is a door. If you go in it, it takes you into the hallway by Room 1501 or if you go up the stairs, by 2501, etc. If your room is between that door and the lobby, it's a short cut. If your room is on the other side of the lobby, I wouldn't bother UNLESS it's in the summer and so hot, then the walk through the air conditioned hallways is always refreshing!

Or raining! This route saved us a couple of times from extreme heat and drenching rain.

I don't really know anything about the villas. Is the path you are talking about here? Do you just continue on past the Beach Club building?

For those of you who have missed this on page 1- here is all you need to know about the "Secret" Entrance to the Beach Club. The important thing to remember is room 1501.

Step-Saving Super Secret Entrance to the Beach Club

There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501.

This was really handy for us a couple of times this summer when it was wicked hot and when it had just started pouring.

You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.

Here are photos of the exit door near room 1501, the pathway and the gate to the "secret entrance"

insidedoor1501exit-1-1.jpg
externaldoorto1501entrance-1-1.jpg
PathwayfromEpcotendto1501entrance-1-1.jpg

Epcotendentranceto1501door-1-2.jpg

Secret entrance photo series courtesy of Marlton Mom

Heather, I was just getting ready to comment on your incredible pictures and amazing trip so far, and I saw your post about your sister-in-law. How far is it to the hospital?

Sending positive thoughts to you all.

PS just found out bell service does not transfer scooter from resort to resort. So finishing up laundry here and checking out. Transfering luggage via bell service to OKW. Then driveing two scooters over there, checking in praying for early room, if not leaving scooters at bell service and heading up the road to see sister in law and step brother. Then racing back to get to get to cali grill with two scooters by 530 and then surprise Joeseph with the party tonight. Boy do I feel rushed

Hi there again,

I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to here on this thread. As I had said in my intro post, we are checking into BCV on 9/8, but I am thinking that we may fly in the night before and perhaps stay at Pop or one of the other value resorts for the night then go check in at the Beach Club in the morning (It takes DS a day or two to recover from that 3am wake up to make an early flight, so thought this may be a good alternative). Do the Disney resorts transport your luggage from resort to resort for you, or am I dragging it myself from Pop to BC?

TIA for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter