• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010: What's on the Emerald Aisle?

Thanks for the new links. Still an Executive Aisle member for 2010 (5 years now! Rent 40+ days every year to keep my status!). I look forward to a better selection than 2009. (Rented 6 times at MCO and never got anything bigger than a full size sedan.) We'll be there in 2 weeks for our first 2010 and I'll post back what I find!

Just picked up a car on Sunday, Jan 3rd at 5:30 am from side A. There were mostly malibus, avengers, and a few corollas. I took the only other vehicle, a charger on the aisle.

On the executive, there were many chargers, a 4 door ram truck, and 3 convertibles.

Bumping.
Also wondering what, if any, satellite radio anyone has encountered?

Thanks for the new thread. Wondering if any EA members have been able to extend the free upgrade to Executive Aisle that many of us benefitted from a while back. Mine expires in Feb and I haven't found a way to extend it yet.

In my confirmation e-mail for June it says: Your level of service is Executive Selection. Please proceed directly to the Executive Selection area to choose your vehicle.

I never did anything special with national so I guess I will be going to the executive isle.

I wasnt going to rent a vehicle originally but have decided to do deluxe dining with breakfast reservations and don't want to wait on buses.

Bumping.
Also wondering what, if any, satellite radio anyone has encountered?

We've gotten a Malibu and a Sebring at different times in the past year and both had satellite radio. They also had an aux port for an ipod.

In my confirmation e-mail for June it says: Your level of service is Executive Selection. Please proceed directly to the Executive Selection area to choose your vehicle.

I never did anything special with national so I guess I will be going to the executive isle.

I wasnt going to rent a vehicle originally but have decided to do deluxe dining with breakfast reservations and don't want to wait on buses.

Yes, but does your Executive Status say it expires in Feb 2010? Often mine says that (until it gets renewed), plus whenever I make a reservation while still a member it says Executive Status, but once Feb passes, you drop back down to Regular Emerald Aisle status (unless you fulfill the requirements to maintain your Executive Status). One year I loss my Executive status and even though my future reservations said Executive status, my Executive card showed it had expired (and I was not sent a new Executive Aisle ID card with the new expiration date on it) so I had to drop back down to the regular emerald aisle status. (make sense?) I think this is what the previous poster was trying to say -- that their status expires in February and they know that they had not maintained the requirement of 40 rental days during the year to maintain the status of that level.

BTW -- we'll be picking up our car on Jan. 21, so will post back what we see in the aisles.

I just got a good rate from my Sam's club membership through National.

$378.00 for a minivan for April 23-May 3 from Tampa.

I have not signed up for the Emerald Club yet. Will it be worth my time to sign up to go with this rental? What would the benefits be? Does it allow my spouse to be an additional drive with out a fee?

Thanks!

You can get a free Emerald Club membership through Mousesavers (sorry can't post a link yet). Emerald Club allows for a free additional driver.

We were there December 17th -24th. Walked down the emerald aisle and I couldn't believe it A brand new Dodge Challenger. Other than that there were chargers and a G6's and a few small Japenese cars. Needless to say I grabbed the Challenger.

We got a Mustang from the Emerald Aisle on side A on Jan. 21. The row was full (they were filling spots as soon as a car was taken), lots of Impalas, Malibus we even saw one HHR.

I am glad to hear they still have Impalas. It's what we drive at home and what we are comfortable driving on vacation. :thumbsup2

Sorry I haven't posted, but here it goes. Arrived last Thurday 1/21 @ 10:30AM side A. We are Executive Aisle, so can choose from either aisle. The Executive aisle pretty much just had sedans, but to our surprise the Emerald Aisle had 6, yes SIX minivans and a PT cruiser and the rest sedans. We took a minivan, just the 2 of us. We wanted a SUV, and didn't really want a sedan this time. I was very surprised, especially on side A.

When I rented from the emerald Aisle on Jan 13...I saw 3 minivans and 3 HHR......I took the Grand Caravan...great van with only 6000 kms....I loved it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter