2010 trip with 21 people!!!!

dsnycrzy

W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planni
Hello My DIS Family, this next few months I WILL NEED YOU:rotfl:!!! My DD16 asked while we were in WDW this year if her friends could go next year. I knew 2 of her friends for years, 1 of them works part time and her family can afford to pay her way and the other I am not sure. My DD also asked about a lady and her children (the girls are around DD's age and the son is around my DS age) but I am not sure of her financial state but my DD is always at her house and she is very nice. I have also told my Dsis and her kids that I would like then to go because I haven't taken them in about 5 years. Here is my Character list:
Myself, DD16, DS13, DD7
My DSis, her kids DS18, DS15, DD7, DS5,DD3, DD1 (yes I know and her DD16 is in NY and will not be going along with her son because her and her mother do not get along) I am unsure about her boyfriend.
Ms.Donnie, her kids DD17,DD16,DS15, DD13 & grandDD1
My DD friends 17 and16. My DS friend 17.

That is 20-21 people. 6 of these are little kids that will be in the room with a parent for sleep purposes.

I am offering to pay for the lodging portion which I narrowed down to 2 options:

A 6 beroom house I saw on Winsor HIlls. for 2 weeks would be $2400
3 rooms at Celebration Suites, for 2 weeks would cost $2100. I stayed here last year and was ok with it. This arent picky people and teenagers are glad to go anywhere. I even heard them joking that they would sleep on the floor, they dont care, they just want to go:rotfl:. My kids have gave them the Disney bug.

I also gave them information on the train, I suggested the Auto train and taking a rented passenger van along with my SUV. I contacted Enterprise about the idea and told it was possible but I can not get quotes since we are so far out.

I am excited watching these kids all excited about this trip nearly a year away but I want to keep it that way. I told them not to spend their money on junk...to think about WDW:wizard:.
I gave them ticket prices from ticketmania for 4 day base and DQ because we wount use the water parks, Aquatica has an online sale, and Universal has an Online sale.

Any suggestions:confused:

Hey I've gone many time with a large group the most was 16 :headache: and that was with a 6 bedroom home that had a pull out sofa. I also did a 7 bedroom home i dont remember the cost but when we split it it was never more then $80 per person:thumbsup2. You can check VRBO.com i always use them and i'm always happy with the house. But like the PP said the 6 bedroom home only hold 12 and 14 if there is a pull out sofa. And there are owners that have side by side homes. Good luck on your search your going to have a blast:cool1:

I knew this would be harder then I was making it:rotfl:. I picked a 6 bedroom house (actually I was going to try to squeeze them into a 4 bedroom for financially reasons,LOL) but I found a 6 bedroom for a few dollars more. Getting houses next to one another would be doubling what I wanted to pay for lodging. I seen on the listing it said that it sleeps 12 but that was 2 people per bed (even King and queen sized). This was my sleeping lay out with the bedrooms.
Bedroom #1 with King- Myself, my 7 yr old DD and Niece (with room left for my DS)
Bedroom #2 with King- My Dsis, her boyfriend (unsure if he's going), DS5,DD3 and DD1 (and I've seen then pull this off in a full, so I'm not to worried about them:rotfl:)
Bedroom #3 with Queen- Adult neighbor, 2 of her DD and a grand baby 1 (pack and play for baby)
Bedroom#4 with Queen-my DD16, her 2 friends and 1 of the neighbors DD
Bedroom #5 with 2 twins- Neighbors son, and my DS friend
Bedroom #6 with 2 twins-my 2 nephews.

Now with this layout in mind, these kids stay up talking and listening to music and fall asleep where they are. I remember those days when I was a teenager. Although they were joking about sleeping on the floor...THEY KNOW THEY WOULD BECAUSE THEY DO IT AT MY HOUSE!!! I love this group of kids that my children hang out with, they are not loud or disrespectful (and you parents know there is usually 1 or 2 we don't care for out of their group). I think this trip woulb be an excelent time because some of them are older (18 right now) and soon will be going to different schools and college soon. My DD16 asked for this and I havent been able to do much for her last 3 birthday's so I am trying to make this happen without eating noodles all year long:laughing:.

My last resort would be the the Suites at old town. I left an email asking the best rates available for the time frame and the person is on vacation until Set.7th so I have to wait. I know they have 2 bedroom suites listed but I have never seen pictures or a layout of them and the rate for them isn't posted so I cant do the figures on that. I am trying to keep the lodging around $2000 because I may still have to rent a passenger van or something and the auto train fee for that.

See why I need your help:lmao:

You can't have any more in the house than what it's licensed for so you'll have to get two homes. A couple of owners have side by side homes in Windsor Hills:
http://valhallavillas.com/ two 6 br homes
http://www.romancingthemouse.com/id94.html a 4 and 5 bedroom home

Also side by side homes listed here:
http://www.orlando4villas.com/sidebyside.php

Wanda is right. The rule is 2 per bedroom and 2 for the living area. So for a 6 bedroom, by law it shouldn't exceed 14. This is due to fire codes, I believe, and also people could lose their licensing.

Great sites Wanda for those wanting houses side by side.

With 21, you might be able to do 3 3 bedroom townhomes or condos (usually sleep 6 to 8) or as Wanda says, two houses. It would also be very uncomfortable putting 21 people in a 6 bedroom house. The living area would be very congested, very hard on the pool, etc.

Hope you find a good solution!

Sandy

The previous posters are correct, there is no Windsor Hills owner who would allow you to rent their 6 bedroom house with 21 people. That would be against many codes, just like Disney doesn't allow more than a certain number of people in their rooms, not to mention no owner is going to want that much wear and tear on their property at once, regardless of how respectful and well behaved everyone is. While these are rental properties, many belong to families who also use them for their personal vacations and have spent a great deal of money on furnishings, decor, and electronics. It is simply way too many people for the home to accommodate. I agree that your best bet would be renting 3 condos or townhomes with 3 bedrooms each. Many of these run about $99 per night (I forget if you said what month you are going, but it should be about that unless during a holiday season), so you could get away with $300/night. It would be cheaper than renting 2 6 bedroom homes and would be MUCH more comfortable for your family and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter