2010 Passover - local seders?

Whwaldo

Earning My Ears
We are looking for community/communal seder for Passover 2010 in the Disney area. We prefer non-Orthodox - we know Chabad holds a seder, but it may be a bit much for us. Any suggestions? If not a communal seder, what do you do when you are in town for Passover?

You could always check out local colleges' Hillel Associations.. The closest schools I can think of are Rollins College, University of Central Florida, and Valencia Community College...They may have things you can attend

Two years ago we went to a local deli. They had a passover meal and we sorta did the seder just our family. The deli was not kosher but they provided all the fixings for a traditional seder including the seder plate. We don't remember the name of the deli but it was close to WDW. DH thinks it is "Too Jay's". You could try there if you don't need it to be kosher and don't mind doing it yourself.

We are OK with the "deli seder" option.

Found Too Jay's on the net: toojays.com

This seems to be the closest location (12 minutes) to Disney and Vistana:
The Marketplace at Dr. Phillips
7600 Dr. Phillips Boulevard
(407) 355-0340

BYW - dbillian - where are you staying? Anyone considering a "DISboards seder"?

try googling "jewish orlando." they'll have a list of all the synagogues and temples in the area and whether they are reform, conservative or orthodox. they'll often also list how close/far they are from the theme park area. you may have to drive a bit. i know there is a good sized jewish community in the maitland/winter park area but that is north orlando, while disney is south orlando. if you are up to a drive, you can also look at USF in Tampa. It's about 45 minutes and right off of I-4 and I-75.

Have done the homework. Lots of synagogues in the area, none have a community seder. Only Chabad...

We would potentially be interested in joining a passover sedar near Disney World. We mixed up our dates and thought passover begins on the 30th, but we'll be in Orlando on the 29th. I will be there with my 2 kids (3 and 6 yrs old), my niece 11 yrs old and my mother. We'd want to do something relatively early, maybe 6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter