2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

Just wanted to let you know that my 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with H1N1 two days ago. I'm going nuts waiting for her to turn the corner and be fever free. We took her to an urgent care because she has asthma and they refused to give her Tamiflu. The doctor said that she seems healthy enough to fight it on her own. She is holding her own, but it is really making me anxious. If I could ask that you send thoughts her way, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.:lovestruc

Please take care of your daughter and yourself. I hope she is doing better.:goodvibes

Is anyone here married to a non-Disney freak? I didn't tell my wife that I'd entered till I got to round #2 and when I did, she said, "what is the point of it?" :rotfl2:

She doesn't mind Disney, but says it definitely isn't the happiest place on Earth for her and doesn't really get what all the hype is about.:scared1:

I'm the Disney freak in our house but my DH is the one who suggested we buy DVC ... soooo, yes, he was converted!

As Twende said, it really happened when our first child was born. The excitement DH had watching her enjoy Disney was contagious. Then before my 2nd child, we were thinking where else did we want to vacation while they were under 5yo....Disney makes the most sense for us.

One of the things that has made him a major Disney fan was the Segway tour. We had so very much fun tooling around on those crazy machines. EPCOT was ours! DH also adores all the great places to eat. He says he wants another trip where all we do is center our day around fantastic meals!

We did the Ft Wilderness Segway tour (me, DH and my father in his mid-60s). We all loved it! I want to do it again. And with the FW one you don't have to get up so early in the morning, if that's important to you.:thumbsup2

Ok !!!!! That is it you people are just plain mean!! Go back to talking about the Panel....post counts...whatever...JUST NOT CAKE!!! I can handle rejection, I can handle childbirth (did it twice, have three kids to prove it) but I am lousey at CAKE!!! Yummy chocolate cake!!!!! Where is that drool smilie...I know it used to be here!

This cracked me up!!

I'm proud to say I did not have cake today! Ok, we had home-made pizza, apples and pop corn while watching a Disney movie.

And this weather in Virginia is L_O_U_S_Y!! Cold & wet -- yuck!

Ahhhh... gave birth twice... three kids... does anyone care about facts here???

:)

Jud

AAhhhh, but you see I have twin 13 year old DD's got a two'fer with them ;) To all you meanies...I am blaming you guys for me eating two scoops of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream, and I am sticking to that story :p

Beckie - I have to say that I take great exception to the reference to "the SOUR GRAPES".

Perhaps you don't have any concerns with the application process this year. However, a number of us do. We are entitled to express our opinions, and I think we have done so in a respectful manner. Certainly until now, no one has engaged in any name calling.

I can assure you that I have not had any "temper tantrums" over the Panel selection process, and my concerns have nothing to do with my application being rejected. I've been down this road more than once ;) and had no problems or issues with the process in years 1 or 2.

What I do hope to teach my children as they get older, is to not be afraid to voice their opinions and to express their views, even when voicing opinions which are unpopular or when being chastised for doing so.

As previously mentioned, I have no problem if the Panel sees a value in promoting people with blogging, FB or twitter backgrounds. There are obvious advantages to that for Disney.

My problem with the process this year is with the errors which were made in the notification of successful Round 2 applicants.

What happened with Zanna is cause for significant concern. It shows that Disney did not exercise due diligence this year in ensuring that each and every person who was supposed to advance to Round 2 was properly notified. Fortunately for Zanna the error was picked up 2 days later, perhaps due to her online postings about her rejection email. But maybe others weren't as lucky.

For me, this casts some question on the legitimacy of the selection and/or notification process and, no matter how great my opinion of Leanne and Laura, it creates at least a perception of unfairness.

We all know this thread is read and watched by the Moms Panel Cast Members, and I truly hope that they hear these concerns and take steps to ensure that the errors and problems which occurred this year don't happen again.

That said, while there may have been a few errors in some applicants this year not being properly advised that they had advanced on to Round 2 (all of which may or may not have been corrected by now), it certainly seems like there is a great batch of Round 2 applicants this year to choose from, and I wish all the 2nd rounders the best of luck in advancing to round 3!:)

FWIW, I hear you. I agree with you. Unfortunately, we are a minority on this thread, but not as a whole. And as in many cases, the minority opinion creates the biggest backlash.

No temper tantrums to show my kids here either. Nobody in this house even knows I applied. You are correct, none of us with concerns about the process has called any names but now we are being called names.

In addition to the concerns about the notifications, lets not forget the links to Leanne's blog. And again, although some don't have blogs, the majority moving on do.

I guess we can't voice our opinions about the PROCESS here but apparently it's okay to talk about cake in every other post. Hmmm.....which has more to do with the thread title??? :rolleyes:

AAhhhh, but you see I have twin 13 year old DD's got a two'fer with them ;) To all you meanies...I am blaming you guys for me eating two scoops of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream, and I am sticking to that story :p

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl:

Is anyone here married to a non-Disney freak? I didn't tell my wife that I'd entered till I got to round #2 and when I did, she said, "what is the point of it?" :rotfl2:

She doesn't mind Disney, but says it definitely isn't the happiest place on Earth for her and doesn't really get what all the hype is about.:scared1:

I'm married to a non-Disney freak who didn't "get it" either for the first decade of marriage. But slowly I'm winning him over to the "dark side." Mwhooohahahah!:stir:

You didn't write that??? How did that happen??? Hmmmmmm......:confused3

Now I know who to blame for the ice cream! jjzmgailey!!!!!!!

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm married to a non-Disney freak who didn't "get it" either for the first decade of marriage. But slowly I'm winning him over to the "dark side." Mwhooohahahah!:stir:

Can, you do something to make my DH "get it"?

Woodyroundup, it is ok for you to voice your opinion here and elsewhere, but as others have said this post is to encourage people going on to the next round, and to pass the time away waiting. Someone said there are other posts for questions and complaints (though I went looking and can't find it).

I do not know about any links or anything, though I would love for someone to tell me. All, I know is that it makes sense to me that Disney would want to use people with some online presence. That if you had a blog, or facebook or maybe even posted a lot on a message board you would feel comfortable enough to answer questions on their site. The person is going to have to find the answers to these questions and I am sure they are thinking the more online presence this person has the easier it will be. That is just my assumption and just makes sense, but if you look some people have low post counts, and huge ones. Some have no blogs or Facebook, and some know these women and some don't. So, really I think, that we will never know how they decided these people, or how the next round will go. Do people just want the round scratched, those who are in eliminated, and start all over? Maybe Disney will be more careful next time, maybe you should write to them, and voice your concerns. The truth here is that no one here can do anything about your concerns, and I for one feel bad when people have posted. I feel like others feel I shouldn't be here, and all I did was answer some questions to the best of my ability and press send. I feel like I have to defend myself because I do not fit any of the scenarios people are posting about, and I am sure I am not alone.

The cake thing is just blowing off steam and trying to get people laughing and enjoying again. Just people trying to get the group together. I know that is what I am trying to do. So maybe join in???? Remember, that this isn't life or death. No one is taking food off anyone's table here. This is a volunteer position.

SAHDad- that is awesome! I wish I had that determination...Congrats on your accomplishment! That is impressive! WTG!!!!
413 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 1224.

BTW SAHDad...

"Current running streak - 413 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 1224. Last update: 10/06/09."

Ahhh... what is that? Are you talking about running as in like high speed jogging? or like as opposed to walking?

Jud

I am a daily runner, so I run at least a mile (and usually considerably more) every day. So I have run at WDW, the day after marathons, when I am sick, etc. Technically, there is no minimum speed for it to count, but I generally log speeds of 7-9 mph, depending on the day and the distance I am running.

(FWIW - I also volunteered to run any or all of the Disney races as a panelist. Maybe next time they'll take me up on it.)

The cake thing is just blowing off steam and trying to get people laughing and enjoying again. Just people trying to get the group together. I know that is what I am trying to do.

Thanks Glo!

I had this cute and funny little dialogue written up...thought it might lighten the mood. Then was afraid that someone might not appreciate it.

So let me just wish everyone a good night's sleep!:cloud9:

Oh come on Marshay!! I would appreciate it...I am here dying for SAHdad's brownies and ice cream and sick with whatever I have...I could use it!!!

Can, you do something to make my DH "get it"?

I think what is winning over DH is that we have been trying to do "adult" things one night of our trip as well as staying at the nicer resorts and not going to a park EVERY day.

Last year we took our children to The Sandcastle Club while we had a couple hours to walk the Boardwalk and get dinner at The Yacht Club. The year before my mom watched the kids in our villa while we celebrated our tenth anniversary with a dinner at the Garden Grille and walked around The Contemporary at night. He cherishes these moments because he gets me all to himself (and I'm always swooning with romance bc I'm in the middle of Disney).;)

He totally gets into the resort thing too. He loves the "relax" part about hanging around the pool, eating at the resort restaurants or picking up a DVD for the night, etc.

He does appreciate the parks, but only more bc he likes watching our family enjoy it. Personally, he could take it or leave it.

So to answer your question . . . maybe your DH needs some "couples" time to find his Disney niche?:confused3

musicbuff, your point is well taken but this is not the place for it. Maybe start your own thread about the process and why you think it's unfair. The intention of this thread is to cheer on the R2 guys and gals and help ease their wait time.

Now on with the show....:goodvibes

I thought this was a great idea, so I started a new thread for we rejected Mom wannabees to air our compliants without upsetting the Round 2ers.

Here's the http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33990273#post33990273

It'll be like therapy! This is my first ever new thread and 2nd link, so I'm hoping everything works!

Well, maybe this is just a guy talkin, but just cause you did a twofer, I would still count that as two! Unless they both came out together? Don't think it works that way?

Jud

I am a daily runner, so I run at least a mile (and usually considerably more) every day. So I have run at WDW, the day after marathons, when I am sick, etc. Technically, there is no minimum speed for it to count, but I generally log speeds of 7-9 mph, depending on the day and the distance I am running.

(FWIW - I also volunteered to run any or all of the Disney races as a panelist. Maybe next time they'll take me up on it.)

Well, SAHDad! I would give you a place on that basis alone! You runners have always amazed me! I used to run- but only for a good reason- like to do all of Epcot in one day!

When I saw that note on your posts, I didn't get what it was referring to, was thinking days of posting? Days of being a SAH Dad... finally realized it might refer to... running! As a verb instead of an adverb... or infinitive? Been while...

Anyway, well done! Wow!

Jud

I hate to say, but I just made a banana cake with butter creme icing! it is SO good! No diets allowed on weekends!

Great, it is 6:30 am and now I want the leftover cake sitting in my kitchen (Family Fun magazine pumpkin cake, page 88.)

And where is this banana cake recipe? Obviously it must be very healty since it has bananas in it! :)

Speaking of ways to pass the time (without cake), we got the Toy Story Mania game for Wii a couple of weeks ago for my DS's birthday. Although it doesn't squirt water at you, it is a fun way to get a little bit of WDW in our living room. It has all the scenes that are in the ride at the Studios as well as a bunch more levels. Maybe I will be able to improve my scores the next time we get on the actual ride and get closer to to my DH's score (mine is usually about half his)!

Speaking of ways to pass the time (without cake), we got the Toy Story Mania game for Wii a couple of weeks ago for my DS's birthday. Although it doesn't squirt water at you, it is a fun way to get a little bit of WDW in our living room. It has all the scenes that are in the ride at the Studios as well as a bunch more levels. Maybe I will be able to improve my scores the next time we get on the actual ride and get closer to to my DH's score (mine is usually about half his)!

WHat a great idea!!! MY kids are getting it for Christmas, and I can practice. Do you know that I have never had water squirted at me. I have felt the wind part but not water... :(

Hi to everyone who moved on to round 2!! I am just checking in to see how you are holding up and wish you all good luck!!! Great job getting to round 2!!! I am very happy and excited for you! :thumbsup2

Thank you for all the good wishes from everyone. I know I greatly appreciate it.

Nine more days of waiting. Hmmmm. How to occupy myself?

Maybe I just will have to book that next vacation for April so I can start planning another one for us. All I need to do for the December trip is make the 4x6 cards and get them laminated. Yes, I really am that geeky. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter