2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

I'm really having a hard time seeing some fellow Disney fans so upset and hurt over this process. I am not sure if it helps, nor can I tell you that I have the answers to how selections are made but I can tell you my story....

I am of course a current panelist but I do not blog (ok I have a blog that I started after I was selected but it is pathetic and I have no time to get to it), I did not use twitter or facebook at all prior to being selected. Now I will admit I LOVE both and have become a big user of both in the last ten months, but it started as a way to keep in touch with my fellow Moms and grew from there.

I was relatively active on a few chat boards and a lurker here. I had my circle of friends and contacts but had had no previous contact with Laura or Leanne. Although I don't want to speak for my other "Moms", I think you will find their stories similar to mine.

Due to a computer error, I also received the no thank you email in between the second and third round, ironically enough an hour or so after receiving the Congrats you have moved on email. Imagine my confusion and panic. Luckily they re-check their lists and were able to immediately contact me again and let me know of the error. I certainly am not a tech person so I do not know how common it is to have these little glitches when dealing with mass amounts of emails at a time, but it does appear to happen.

In my time on the panel and chatting with various Disney CMs I know that the each and every application is read by a person, and often numerous it seems. You never know what pile your application will end up in, who is reading it so I think that having a casual "relationship" with a CM (even Laura and Leanne) does not decide who read your application and if it advanced.

I guess the point of what I am trying to say is please know you all are amazing and I wish you could ALL be on the panel with us and hopefully one day in the new future you all will be!

Thanks so much for sharing your story and your input as well. That was so nice of you to take the time to do so.

Many here have posted that feelings of rejection fuel my type of response. Some have said it's like the five stages of grief. lol. I speak only for myself when I say that this is not grief. Sure, I was disappointed to not move on, but I am simply disappointed with the PROCESS this year... As well as the possible favoritism, etc.

And although you did not have that social media background, it is clear that the majority moving on for THIS year does.

You can see on this thread that there are more than a few who feel this way.

This is not about being upset or about not moving on. This is frustration with the multiple issues surrounding the application process this year.

Thanks again! :)

I made it to round 2 but am sorely afraid after reading through the posts that I don't even qualify for round 3... I don't have a compelling Disney-past like Zanna... I didn't even know who Leanne was until this thread... I do love Facebook and spend equal time between it and the DIS boards. I do blog but it does not get a lot of traffic. I haven't even looked in the direction of Twitter.
YIKES!!!!

Just wanted to share my fears... Praying that the posts on here are incorrect and fairness and Love of DISNEY is the only thing at play in the selection process.

There I feel better -- thanks for letting me get that off my chest.:grouphug:

Hey Jaysbabe! Try not to stress! You made it for a reason! You have a HUGE cheeriing section behind you right now, so try to enjoy the ride! Pixie dust coming your way! :tinker:

Jud you are living my dream. I teach in Dorchester, you might have heard of it? :) Live 27 miles out of Boston, and dream about living near WDW. I want to grow up and be a greeter someday, when my kids have finished college. Thats my goal and I am sticking to it :)

Man, did I love those drawing classes. We did them in Disneyland and spent an entire day learning to draw characters. I loved them. I wish they still did that.

DAAAAchester! ya, I heard of it! LOL! Red line baby! Wollaston, Weymouth, Back Bay, Somerville, Reveah! Where ahhh girls will beat up your boys! Then to Florida! Where its HOT! (But not always! :((( )

27 miles out... hmmm... so... maybe Scituate? Or out on rt 2?

Anyway, don't wait! Buy now! Some good deals and if you can buy in Kiss (the town, not the band!) you can rent it out 50 weeks a year at outrageous amounts of money!

IF you can come up with the start up money as it were!

Anyway, dreams are good!

:)

Jud

Nah, I live out in Franklin...more southwest! I would love to buy now but having my oldest as a freshman in college and my twin daughter about to start highschool makes me one very poor lady!!!! LOL

DAAAAchester! ya, I heard of it! LOL! Red line baby! Wollaston, Weymouth, Back Bay, Somerville, Reveah! Where ahhh girls will beat up your boys! Then to Florida! Where its HOT! (But not always! :((( )

27 miles out... hmmm... so... maybe Scituate? Or out on rt 2?

Anyway, don't wait! Buy now! Some good deals and if you can buy in Kiss (the town, not the band!) you can rent it out 50 weeks a year at outrageous amounts of money!

IF you can come up with the start up money as it were!

Anyway, dreams are good!

Jud

Here is a good deal in Kissimee, but it is still beyond my pocketbook. But a girl can dream, right?
http://thedisneydrivenlife.com/archives/1288

Just my opinion, but I feel that being "networked" online would help in that you could have a wider breadth of people to obtain advice/answers from. I know I ask just as many of not more questions than I answer, and even reading threads gives one an answer of sorts.

I just finished reading this thread. Wow!

FWIW - I entered on a lark. I don't have a Twitter account, I do Facebook - but only to catch up with friends, I have a blog that only friends/family read since it is about my kids (not to mention the blog has been neglected since April. And contains exactly 3 posts about our 2/09 trip to WDW), and I am mostly a lurker on the DisBoards (but listen to the podcast weekly.) I had no idea who Leanne and ??? were till I got the e-mail moving me on to round #2 and wouldn't recognize them if I sat on them. ;)

I just know that I love Disney and shot off 3 quick responses in 10 minutes that got me to round #2 (and incidently did the same for the round #2 questions.) I had no idea of the competition (20,000 entries...really???) and while moving on to Round #3 would be AWESOME, I figure it'll happen if it was meant to be and if not, I'll still look at my WDW park map that I have stashed in my car at red lights, listen to various podcasts every week, and lurk on these boards.:goodvibes

Good luck to everyone!

Although I am on Facebook and have a website to keep long-distance family members updated on our activities (we are transplants from the south - the grandparents like to see new photos of my boys frequently since they can't be here in person), I did not mention this in the answers to my questions in Round 1. I believe that they saw my love of Disney (and of everyone else that progressed to Round 2), and at least in my case, I doubt that they used my current online presence as a decision factor since I didn't say anything about it.

Best wishes to everyone!

I could have written the same post as Alison just did. The only difference for me is that I created a blog about a year ago and have ZERO posts on it. LOL!!! I didn't mention any of my online activity in Round 1 and believe it had no bearing on moving on to Round 2.

I'm so happy for everyone who has moved on--I think it's very exciting!!

I'm with Alison and Lisa - I have no blog, no Facebook account and I don't tweet. The only community I "belong" to is the Dis. I entered as a lark and made it to round 2. I whipped off those answers in under 10 min and spent more time in my photobucket account find a pic of myself which was tough because I am the photographer. I think to have made it to round 2 was an awesome thrill! Anything more is the icing ont he cake!:wizard:

First, please let me preface this message by stating again how excited I am for those in Round 2, and that I sincerely wish you the very best of luck. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:

I wanted to comment a bit on some of the ideas I've read regarding FB, Twitter, blogging and the rest..... This is in no way meant as an attack, but rather to give a little different perspective. :flower3:

I think it would be easy to assume that there is some unofficial requirement for experience in the social media arts, but I would caution against making that assumption. It is true that several high volume bloggers and active Twitter-ers (heh) have moved on, but I think that we are probably influenced by the fact that we naturally hear from those posters more often, anyway. It is probably just as likely that there are other trends in the qualifications that we don't see - there may be a high number of people with broadcasting experience, or former cast-members, or people who name their kids after Disney characters, or people with Disney tattoos......you get the idea. We just don't know what the entire population has in common, other than the love for Disney, of course.

I would expect a high number of bloggers to make it through because they have experience communicating in this medium. They have effectively communicated their love of Disney in just 100 words - an amazing feat!

I am sure that Laura and Leanne and all the rest reading the applications have agonized over their choices just as much as we have. I hope that it has not been too stressful for them, and that they continue this again next year, because I think this may be the only way a gal like me - middle-America mom - has a chance at a role like this. I believe they have necessarily left the questions broad to illicit all kinds of responses, and to allow creativity. I think it does them a disservice to assume they were in any way influenced by tweets, blogs, or FB postings, or by having an underlying prejudice towards bloggers. Remember, in most cases the Twitterers are following them, not the other way round.

I personally have taken a hard look at my submission, and can now see the flaws. Although I am passionate about Disney, I did not communicate it well. They don't know and can't interpret my back story from my words. It just didn't "pop". :confused3 The lucky 200 obviously had better luck.

I guess you can tell where I am in the acceptance process. :goodvibes I am really glad to have had the experience, and am really grateful so many people have stepped up to tell their stories and share their journeys.

Good luck to all!

Nah, I live out in Franklin...more southwest! I would love to buy now but having my oldest as a freshman in college and my twin daughter about to start highschool makes me one very poor lady!!!! LOL

Ahhhh! Franklin! Out in the great unknown! Been there- I thiink! Gets kinda all mixed up and strange turns and things... but had a Diz Net friend out that way- went for dinner when I was up to Boston last year.

Well, not bad. Not Florida, but not bad. If it is any consolation, we have a cold front coming in and the next three days are going to be cold.

I'm scared!

Jud

Hmmmm, there's that 'icing on the cake' reference again...sure makes me hungry!:rotfl:

Marshay!

Put that cake knife down.

Step away from the counter.

Now turn and walk away...

hey! keep moving... keep moving... keep moving...

hehehehee...

Jud

Just wanted to update everyone on my situation- and first of all, thank you ALL so much for your words of encouragement. It is wonderful to be a part of such a caring and loving community.

I spoke with the doctor's office this morning, and they told me it may be November before I will be able to see a surgeon, and that I need to get my mammogram first (which makes sense) and then I need to wait 14 days after the mammogram to see the surgeon (which doesn't make sense). So, I'm still a complete wreck, and weepy (very very unlike me- I very rarely cry)- I even put a call into the nurse to see if they could give me something for the anxiety because I'm not sleeping or eating. My sweet 2 year old daughter patted me on the cheek last night as I was crying and asked, "Mama sad?" and it about broke my heart that she is feeling all of my anxiety too.

Truly, the only thing getting me through this right now is my faith and the Moms Panel. It has been the perfect distraction- at least I could keep my mind off the what-ifs while I wrote my 2nd round answers! I truly believe that all things work for good for those that love God and are called according to his purpose as Romans 8:28 says, so I'm clinging to that and I'll continue praying.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes- I am honored to call all of you Dis-friends!

I am so sorry to hear that! Please know that I continue to pray for you and now for a speedy process. :hug:

Allison L

:wave2: Hello, everyone! I know I'm a little late to the party....party: but I just found my "CONGRATULATIONS...You're on to Round 2!" email in my inbox late last night! Holy Crow! It took a moment more to register that I had exactly 24 hours to submit my Part 2 answers! :eek:

By 2 AM this morning after hitting "SUBMIT", I am done and done! Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you! :grouphug:

TTYS!
Denise

Congrats once again to all of the Disboard 2nd rounders! I see our Disboard numbers keep rising by the minute! Pretty soon there's going to be a Disboards sweep!;)

I assume by now everyone has submitted their essays and photos...good luck to all!:goodvibes

While I would love to be moving on with you, in retrospect I've decided that maybe it's a good thing I wasn't selected this year. Gives me another whole year to lose that final 5lbs (ok - 10!) before I have to submit any publicity photos or videos of myself for the Moms' Panel - LOL! :rotfl:

In all seriousness, while I wish I could join you as you move on to the next exciting round, I am already hoping the very best for all of you and for the Panel as we move into 2010!:goodvibes

I know whoever is selected will do us proud and will keep up the great work done by past Panel members to ensure that the Panel will continue in future years. I know there are many of us already looking forward to September of next year when we can apply once again for the honor of joining your ranks. :)

All the Best and have a great weekend everyone!:goodvibes

:wave2: Hello, everyone! I know I'm a little late to the party....party: but I just found my "CONGRATULATIONS...You're on to Round 2!" email in my inbox late last night! Holy Crow! It took a moment more to register that I had exactly 24 hours to submit my Part 2 answers! :eek:

By 2 AM this morning after hitting "SUBMIT", I am done and done! Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you! :grouphug:

TTYS!
Denise

Congratulations, Denise! So where is Hockeytown? Trying to figure out your location based on your clue: North of Disney, South of Hockeytown.

And how are the rest of you Round 2ers doing?! If my calculations are correct, you have just under 4 hours to submit your responses/photo. My feeling is you all have crossed that off your list though!

Just a general statement...I've been thinking about my fellow rejects (and they know who they are!) I've only heard from one so far but wanted to let the rest know I'm thinking of them in case they are following along. :love:

Wishing you all a great weekend and loads of pixie dust. Not sure about all of you but I wish I could peek to the last chapter to see how this is all going to end!

Stay positive, keep smiling and enjoy your moment! :wizard:

Marshay!

Put that cake knife down.

Step away from the counter.

Now turn and walk away...

hey! keep moving... keep moving... keep moving...

hehehehee...

Jud

Too late!! Already had Wegman's Ultimate White Cake for dessert.

TTYS!
Denise

Oh, wow -- I'm so happy that you found the email last night...that's cutting it really close! Congratulations!! We look forward to sharing the journey as well!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter