2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

P.S. I was upgrading to a new iPhone on Tuesday (yes, finally from the first generation iphone) - and the very first message I received on it was the Round #2 congratulations email! That MUST be a good sign, right??:goodvibes

How cool! You'll always remember that!!!!!:thumbsup2

It would be a blast, wouldn't it!! :) The kids could all "play Disney", while the Moms/Dads all "talk Disney". :) Sounds great :)

Traci, looks like you have a DD-5 like me :) I'm certain they'd be fast friends.

that sounds like a perfect play date! :)

My kids would love it. Their friends are good sports about "playing Disney" with them, but not being as well versed in Disney culture, they don't know how to pretend they are on Splash Mountain quite as well. You can see it in my kids' eyes. They ARE ON that ride in their mind. Their actual surroundings are simply an illusion.

My DD9 finally got her bff on board a little more because we are taking her and her mom out there this year for a girls' retreat. It will be their first time, so her friend calls often to ask DD9 all kinds of questions about what Disney will be like. DD9 is only too happy to "school" her bff on Disney ways.

I have a DD5 too! Can you imagine the princess dress-up times we would have??!! I think I would have to join them. They do make adult princess costumes, right? Or maybe I would just be the Queen of Hearts. I've seen that costume and have always wanted that one. LOL!

Oh my goodness...that would be a great princess dress-up party -- I'm sure between the 3 of us mom our DDs have a ton of dresses (we have @ least 12 between both kids here). Me? I'd just wear my Minnie Mouse ears. :)

On another note: I'm happy to hear that you're having the mold remediation done (that has to be a relief for you!) .... but I hope you can join us here next week still! Find a Starbucks w/ Wifi!!!! :) haha. You just have to wait with us. :surfweb:

My kids would love it. Their friends are good sports about "playing Disney" with them, but not being as well versed in Disney culture, they don't know how to pretend they are on Splash Mountain quite as well. You can see it in my kids' eyes. They ARE ON that ride in their mind. Their actual surroundings are simply an illusion.

My DD9 finally got her bff on board a little more because we are taking her and her mom out there this year for a girls' retreat. It will be their first time, so her friend calls often to ask DD9 all kinds of questions about what Disney will be like. DD9 is only too happy to "school" her bff on Disney ways.

I have a DD5 too! Can you imagine the princess dress-up times we would have??!! I think I would have to join them. They do make adult princess costumes, right? Or maybe I would just be the Queen of Hearts. I've seen that costume and have always wanted that one. LOL!

Wow, a "girls retreat"! That sounds like such fun!! I didn't realize you had a DD-5 too...seems we all have a lot in common. :)

Speaking of dressing up in Disney costumes...check this out link out:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=778307&l=002c640b77&id=1165917380 :lmao: That was 5 years ago. You'd have to really know my DH to truly appreciate this. He is SO NOT the dressup in Donald Duck costume kinda guy. ;) He's 6'5" and on the quiet side. *I*, on the other hand, am outgoing and could talk to a tree if it would talk back. ;) He did that for me (including carrying massive suitcases with the costumes in them through the airport). :) During the party, I was still nursing our youngest (who was 3 months at the time) and was SO hot. At one point I took the Daisy head off and was ready to ditch the costume. He said, "oh NO you don't!! You made me wear this, you're keeping it on too!!" He ended up having a blast, since SO many people were laughing and pointing at us. It's not too often you see a 6'5" Donald Duck :rotfl2: :)

Wow, a "girls retreat"! That sounds like such fun!! I didn't realize you had a DD-5 too...seems we all have a lot in common. :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=778307&l=002c640b77&id=1165917380 :lmao: That was 5 years ago. You'd have to really know my DH to truly appreciate this. He is SO NOT the dressup in Donald Duck costume kinda guy. ;) He's 6'5" and on the quiet side. *I*, on the other hand, am outgoing and could talk to a tree if it would talk back. ;) He did that for me (including carrying massive suitcases with the costumes in them through the airport). :) During the party, I was still nursing our youngest (who was 3 months at the time) and was SO hot. At one point I took the Daisy head off and was ready to ditch the costume. He said, "oh NO you don't!! You made me wear this, you're keeping it on too!!" He ended up having a blast, since SO many people were laughing and pointing at us. It's not too often you see a 6'5" Donald Duck :rotfl2: :)

that photo is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

a 6'5" Donald Duck...hilarious! (my DH is 6'4" and I can't imagine he'd be too thrilled about wearing a Donald costume either! :lmao: )

Hmm, maybe its time for an iPhone! I don't know that I can go that long without the DIS and internet access 24/7! You are a trooper!!!:lmao:

P.S. I was upgrading to a new iPhone on Tuesday (yes, finally from the first generation iphone) - and the very first message I received on it was the Round #2 congratulations email! That MUST be a good sign, right??:goodvibes

My hubby promised me an iPhone if I make this years panel! So, I guess I am one step closer! It drives me nuts when I can't tweet or check email outside of my home!

I'd say your phone got the perfect christening!:thumbsup2

I agree that if we like Disney so much....our kids are bound to have fun together.

And...that picture is priceless!

LOL! I wish I could be a fly on that TTA cart to witness the event. I imagine it will bring a chuckle to witness his astonishment. Either that or it will be heartbreaking if he takes it too hard. Oh, now I got really sad thinking about that.

I think he will be mad at first but then I will have to sacrifice myself to riding the WEDway People Mover (I think they should go back to that:)) 5-6 times in a row so he can learn the new voice over.

At least that would be better than the time we rode IASWAA 6 times in a row. DD would say again, again and there were no lines so we kept on going without even getting off. After 6 times I couldn't do it anymore and we had to get off. If I stop I swear I can still hear the song in my head. :lmao:

Now that we are a few days into this process, and in light of all that has come out, you can't help but see that your conclusions might be one probable answer to how people are selected.

Yes, and I also want to reiterate the following in reference to the application process. They should have said something like.....
"Do you have what it takes to be a member of the 2010 WDW Mom's Panel? Do you have vast experience with WDW and also use that knowledge by blogging or using other technical media? Then apply for the Panel!"...........Or something to that effect.

Again, if they had been forthright about that component, I (and many others) would have graciously accepted that we didn't fit that mold.

I'm also having a hard time with the questionable "links to Leanne" and the notifying of those advancing after the original emails.

It seems as if there WAS NOT a level playing field here. We teach our children to "play fair" all the time. It seems as if this process didn't fit that virtue. FWIW, I am drafting a letter to corporate.

Yep! The girls will be 10 and intellectually both are a few years ahead of themselves (they truly write books and newsletters and such together which are surprisingly good). For this reason, we have been getting a lot of "grown-up" questions from them that are getting harder and harder to avoid. So we decided to take them to Disney for a "girls' retreat" where we will discuss "the birds, the bees and the hunny trees". LOL! We want to get to them before other kids start filling in the blanks instead.

Anyway, after two days of *talks* mixed up with restaurants, recreation and shopping, we are celebrating the process of womanhood and beyond with two days in the Magic Kingdom.

Unfortunately, we scheduled this trip right in the middle of Mom's Panel training. I seriously didn't think I had a shot at getting past the first round (I mean who thinks they'll stand a chance against 20,000 people, right?). Now that there is a possibility that I may have a shot at this, I'm scrambling with her to find new dates and reschedule the trip just in case this dream comes actually does come true for me.

I'm sure we have about 6 of the princess costumes in various sizes (when DD9 grew out of her costumes she needed the same ones in a bigger size). LOL! So we have things like Snow White for 4 yo and 10 yo. Snow White is DD5's favorite costume. Her "boyfriend" (little 5 yo boy that is adament he will marry her) insists that she wear it every time he comes over. Then he dons a Narnia knight costume we have, and he pretends to rescue her from dragons. LOL!

DD9 spent her birthday money last year on a Belle costume last year which she is still hoping to wear to church.

DD7 gravitates toward his Jack Sparrow and Captain Hook get-up. He will not touch his Peter Pan one. I wish he could still fit in his Woody wear, but they can't stay 2 yo forever, I guess.

My personal favorite is Bo-Peep from Toy Story. If I could fit in it, I would wear it. My consolation is that in another year or two DD5 should be big enough to fit in it.

Your picture is priceless! What an incredible family you have. They are all so beautiful. Well, I'm assuming Spiderman is (since I can't actually see him). LOL!

My hubby promised me an iPhone if I make this years panel! So, I guess I am one step closer! It drives me nuts when I can't tweet or check email outside of my home!

I'd say your phone got the perfect christening!:thumbsup2

With the cost of mold and asbestos remediation, $10K, I'll be coming home to a house with almost no floors, some walls missing, down 1 bathroom and an entire level's ceiling gone. Yeah, I'd say that an iPhone is still a long way off for me. I've got to serve pizza for a while before I'll even have enough $$ to put a floor down. LOL! I guess if I make the panel, that will have to be enough of a reward for me.

Do you all hear the tick tock? The waiting clock will begin again. :goodvibes

I think DisBoards has done a great job of suppling at least 40 qualified people to the 2010 year selection process. Obviously being members here has contributed in many ways to helping everyone become more knowledgeable about our favorite place, Disney!

I love reading the stories of some of your children. They sound as precocious as their parents!

I think it would be a fantastic idea to have a Walt Disney Children's Panel! If the powers that be are truly looking for media and social networking savvy people then the Disney obsessed children of DisBoards posters would be perfect for the job of spreading advertising for Disney far and wide!
Forget Mickey Mouse Club based on singing and dancing talents. What today's children have are social networking skills! :woohoo:

So with that idea swirling around in my mind, I wanted to wish you all well during the next phase of this process. Stay happy and healthy and above all dream Disney! ::MickeyMo

My problem is not so much with the fact that tweeting, blogging and FB seems to have become such a highly valued commodity for making it onto the Moms' Panel. This is Disney's Panel, and if the people they appoint to run the Panel adopt that approach, that is their right.

Ironically, I purposely avoided getting too chummy with Leanne and Laura online, thinking that it would actually *hurt* my chances, as it might be perceived as favourtism or selecting candidates based on things external to the application process.

Obviously Disney doesn't share my concern as can plainly be seen by who is moving onto round 2. But so what? That was their decision to make as it is their Panel to fill.

My beef is really with the process. And the fact that at least one person who exchanges frequent tweets with Leanne and Laura, and who posted her rejection letter on the Dis, somehow ends up with an email 2 days later advising her that she is actually moving onto round 2.

No question Zanna is qualified for the job. Her post less than an hour before she got the acceptance email truly warmed my heart.

But the fact that she received a rejection email and then 2 days later is notified that she is actually moving onto Round 2 really casts a huge question on the legitimacy of the process.

If Zanna's got overlooked, perhaps others were overlooked too.

Perhaps reading 20,000 applicants is too much. In which case perhaps they should cut down the number to 10,000 or something more manageable.

If Disney is asking us to pour our hearts and souls into this process, each and every application should be given its due process. And there is NO WAY that people should be receiving rejection emails, and then notified 2 days later that, wait, a mistake has been made and they are actually moving on.

Yes, and I also want to reiterate the following in reference to the application process. They should have said something like.....
"Do you have what it takes to be a member of the 2010 WDW Mom's Panel? Do you have vast experience with WDW and also use that knowledge by blogging or using other technical media? Then apply for the Panel!"...........Or something to that affect.

Again, if they had been forthright about that component, I (and many others) would have graciously accepted that we didn't fit that mold.

I'm also having a hard time with the questionable "links to Leanne" and the notifying of those advancing after the original emails.

It seems as if there WAS NOT a level playing field here. We teach our children to "play fair" all the time. It seems as if this process didn't fit that virtue. FWIW, I am drafting a letter to corporate.

I'm really having a hard time seeing some fellow Disney fans so upset and hurt over this process. I am not sure if it helps, nor can I tell you that I have the answers to how selections are made but I can tell you my story....

I am of course a current panelist but I do not blog (ok I have a blog that I started after I was selected but it is pathetic and I have no time to get to it), I did not use twitter or facebook at all prior to being selected. Now I will admit I LOVE both and have become a big user of both in the last ten months, but it started as a way to keep in touch with my fellow Moms and grew from there.

I was relatively active on a few chat boards and a lurker here. I had my circle of friends and contacts but had had no previous contact with Laura or Leanne. Although I don't want to speak for my other "Moms", I think you will find their stories similar to mine.

Due to a computer error, I also received the no thank you email in between the second and third round, ironically enough an hour or so after receiving the Congrats you have moved on email. Imagine my confusion and panic. Luckily they re-check their lists and were able to immediately contact me again and let me know of the error. I certainly am not a tech person so I do not know how common it is to have these little glitches when dealing with mass amounts of emails at a time, but it does appear to happen.

In my time on the panel and chatting with various Disney CMs I know that the each and every application is read by a person, and often numerous it seems. You never know what pile your application will end up in, who is reading it so I think that having a casual "relationship" with a CM (even Laura and Leanne) does not decide who read your application and if it advanced.

I guess the point of what I am trying to say is please know you all are amazing and I wish you could ALL be on the panel with us and hopefully one day in the new future you all will be!

Just trying to play catch up after a wonderful-but-blazin'-hot-week at the World...
I made it to round 2, sent my questions in yesterday. It's an incredible long shot, but I am excited to have made it this far. Last year I didn't get past round 1, the first year I also got to round 2. Who can say what will strike their fancy as they read through all of these applications?? We all have the passion that would make us great candidates but there's only room for 10...
So please add me to the list, Lyssa from Mercerville, NJ. Lyssa Duke Hurst on Facebook. I have a Twitter account, but I mostly just follow other people and I don't blog--I just read other blogs(love your blog, Zanna.) I am especially intrigued by people who have turned their blogs into their jobs! I would love that but right now just don't have the time.
Missy--my prayers are with you!
Good luck to us all, the process is out of our hands at this point. I just want to keep feeding my passion for Disney, it makes life that much sweeter!!
XO

"Do you have what it takes to be a member of the 2010 WDW Mom's Panel? Do you have vast experience with WDW and also use that knowledge by blogging or using other technical media? Then apply for the Panel!"...........Or something to that effect.

Just wanted to add here. I was chosen for round two. I do not have a blog and I do not twitter. I am a computer teacher and have been part of the DIS since 1998. I do have a FB but mostly for playing games and keeping in touch with friends. I was a moderator here for a while, but that is it for me. I do not know any of the people mentioned above at all, and just recently have I looked at the blogs of those here(after the 2nd round announcements). I thought they were great blogs and people obviously put a lot of time into it. I would rather read their blogs and spend my time with my family and friends. I do help a lot of people plan trips in real life and online through the boards.

Just in all of us applying shows our love for Disney. We all have some strength that would make us good panelist. Let's face it we have been bitten by the Disney bug. I have no idea what the criteria is, but whatever it is, it isn't a reflection of who we are or how much we love Disney. It does not diminish any help we have given to a family or person going to Disney. Or the satisfaction of being able to give that help. So, whether I make it to the next level or not. I am still going to keep posting help here. I am still going to go to Disney, and I am still going to think it is the most magical place on earth, when I walk down Main St. with my kids

I am very excited about the next round and can't wait to hear if I made it. I am dying to be a part of it all, if it is meant to be. I wish everyone luck and pixie dust.

With the cost of mold and asbestos remediation, $10K, I'll be coming home to a house with almost no floors, some walls missing, down 1 bathroom and an entire level's ceiling gone. Yeah, I'd say that an iPhone is still a long way off for me. I've got to serve pizza for a while before I'll even have enough $$ to put a floor down. LOL! I guess if I make the panel, that will have to be enough of a reward for me.

Man! Priorities, priorites! LOL - just kidding! I wish you luck, the process really doesn't sound like fun!

Just wanted to update everyone on my situation- and first of all, thank you ALL so much for your words of encouragement. It is wonderful to be a part of such a caring and loving community.

I spoke with the doctor's office this morning, and they told me it may be November before I will be able to see a surgeon, and that I need to get my mammogram first (which makes sense) and then I need to wait 14 days after the mammogram to see the surgeon (which doesn't make sense). So, I'm still a complete wreck, and weepy (very very unlike me- I very rarely cry)- I even put a call into the nurse to see if they could give me something for the anxiety because I'm not sleeping or eating. My sweet 2 year old daughter patted me on the cheek last night as I was crying and asked, "Mama sad?" and it about broke my heart that she is feeling all of my anxiety too.

Truly, the only thing getting me through this right now is my faith and the Moms Panel. It has been the perfect distraction- at least I could keep my mind off the what-ifs while I wrote my 2nd round answers! I truly believe that all things work for good for those that love God and are called according to his purpose as Romans 8:28 says, so I'm clinging to that and I'll continue praying.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes- I am honored to call all of you Dis-friends!

Man! Priorities, priorites! LOL - just kidding! I wish you luck, the process really doesn't sound like fun!

Yeah. Having a sick family is not too much fun, but we have to Disney to keep our head in the clouds. :cloud9:

I'm really having a hard time seeing some fellow Disney fans so upset and hurt over this process. I am not sure if it helps, nor can I tell you that I have the answers to how selections are made but I can tell you my story....

I am of course a current panelist but I do not blog (ok I have a blog that I started after I was selected but it is pathetic and I have no time to get to it), I did not use twitter or facebook at all prior to being selected. Now I will admit I LOVE both and have become a big user of both in the last ten months, but it started as a way to keep in touch with my fellow Moms and grew from there.

I was relatively active on a few chat boards and a lurker here. I had my circle of friends and contacts but had had no previous contact with Laura or Leanne. Although I don't want to speak for my other "Moms", I think you will find their stories similar to mine.

Due to a computer error, I also received the no thank you email in between the second and third round, ironically enough an hour or so after receiving the Congrats you have moved on email. Imagine my confusion and panic. Luckily they re-check their lists and were able to immediately contact me again and let me know of the error. I certainly am not a tech person so I do not know how common it is to have these little glitches when dealing with mass amounts of emails at a time, but it does appear to happen.

In my time on the panel and chatting with various Disney CMs I know that the each and every application is read by a person, and often numerous it seems. You never know what pile your application will end up in, who is reading it so I think that having a casual "relationship" with a CM (even Laura and Leanne) does not decide who read your application and if it advanced.

I guess the point of what I am trying to say is please know you all are amazing and I wish you could ALL be on the panel with us and hopefully one day in the new future you all will be!

Thank you for posting this. I may have only 10 days of bliss here before I could get "denied" for Round 3, and all this suspicion is kind of killing it for me. I would like to live on my happy Disney Mom's Panel cloud for the 10 days I'm given in case there are no more after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter