2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

I just turned into a big, warm, fuzzy pile of mush. Thank you for sharing this.

My children are the same way, especially DD9. She has created a monorail that slides along a track in her bedroom. The track is really for a folding divider (we use it to separate her space from her sister's space in the room). She has rigged this puppy so that her monorail (that shows silohettes of Disney characters in the windows) glides through and past the resorts (which she has also created) of the actual WDW monorail track. It is priceless. I would bronze it if I knew how to bronze construction paper.

She also enlists her 7 yo brother as a co-host for a DVC show that she puts on sometimes. They discuss their restaurant and resort recommendations along with park strategies from a 9 and 7 yo perspective. DD5 is always the willing and excited audience member along with myself.

DD5's niche is being able to identify each and every Disney audio clip that comes across the various Disney radio stations I frequent. She can tell you the difference between Adventureland's music and Old Key West's soundtrack (which is sometimes difficult for me to do). She also relates everything that happens to a Disney memory . . . "Hey that was like when we did such and such at the Magic Kingdom" or "This makes me think of when Snow White says, 'blah blah blah' in the movie." And I can't fail to mention that she is also the reigning champion in our house for Memory--Disney Edition. Gotta love these Neurotic Disney Kids!

LOVE it!!! :) My kids are ALL Disney fanatics too. I love how the "World" seems to find it's way into daily conversations around here...either through memories and stories or through dreams and wishes for our next trip. :)

Sending the Round 2'ers who haven't yet submitted their answers lots of pixie dust.

Thanks and :grouphug: to all for the continued support along the way. :)

See, something magical truly can happen when you never stop believing! ;)

For as much emphasis was placed on the "3 questions" that we all answered, I hope that "the powers that be" have kept reading this thread "post email" I think that the communication that has continued since round 1 ended says so much more about a lot of people. Even with our own hopes dashed at the opportunity to continue, we still support those who need a little extra support and embrace those continuing on. I think that this say more about "the real us" than the original questions.

Congratulations Zana, best of luck in round 2!

I couldn't agree more with this post! I know our DISers will do us proud!

LOVE it! And I love Kaylene's (5fromabove) book story too!! My girls love to "play" Disney World. They'll pack their backpacks and pretend to be riding the ME to our resort (normally DD5 decides they're staying at the GF - she loved being there to eat at 1900 Park Fare and wants to actually stay there next time. HAHA). And then she creates tickets and I have to be the CM who takes the tickets. It's all very elaborate. And it makes me smile that my DD5 and DD2 love Disney as much as I do! :)

The more I read about this stuff, the more I wish our kids could have playdates!

Morning Everyone! Application time for round 2 is nearly over...

I wish everyone the best of luck with their application and photos... Can't wait to spend the next 10 days or so with you.. in the waiting room!:grouphug:

I just thought I'd share a little story with you all while we are trying to pass the time. :)

My 5 year old, Kassia came home from Pre-K the other day with a pile of blank papers. She wanted to staple them together so she could "write" her own book. I watched quietly as she drew our family on a plane for the first page. Then, page by page, she drew her Disney memories. She later brought the book to me to "read" it to me. "This is you and me at Animal Kingdom, these are those big trucks and we are on the safari looking at hippos. This is Daddy, Shawn, Jared & Malia going on the big rollercoaster with the train (Thunder Mountain)...me and you are over here on the Pooh Bear ride because my tummy hurt from that rollercoaster the first time so you brought me to Pooh Bear...remember that? I think everytime my belly hurts, we should go to Disney to go on the Pooh Bear ride because it makes me feel better, don't you? pooh: This is us on the Tower of Terror...you are holding my hand so I'm not scared. This is us on the Nemo ride, I love looking at all those fishies with you, Mommy. I love, Disney, don't you?" :love:

Yes, I think my littlest girl takes after her Mommy with a deep love for all things Disney :) Her thoughts are already filled with countless magical memories of the Happiest Place on Earth.

I sure hope I am given the gift of sharing my love and passion with the world. :) Guess I should try to get some sleep. I think these next 12 days or so are going to crawl by. I'm so glad I have all of you...we can support each other and help pass the time. :) :grouphug:

LOVE it! And I love Kaylene's (5fromabove) book story too!! My girls love to "play" Disney World. They'll pack their backpacks and pretend to be riding the ME to our resort (normally DD5 decides they're staying at the GF - she loved being there to eat at 1900 Park Fare and wants to actually stay there next time. HAHA). And then she creates tickets and I have to be the CM who takes the tickets. It's all very elaborate. And it makes me smile that my DD5 and DD2 love Disney as much as I do! :)

I love these stories. :goodvibes

My DS's persevererence is on WDW and has been for the past 3 years or so. For hours on end he details his favorite rides in order from where they are positioned, walking through the queue, getting on the ride and what is at the end. It is almost like a descriptive walking tour.

The hard part is when he wants you to do it and you can't recite the dialogue word for word on rides such as the WEDway sound track from memory perfectly and he can't understand why you can't do it like he does. I haven't told him yet they changed the TTA and figure we can address it when we get there on our trip in December. I have a feeling it will be :scared1: when he hears it.

Zanna! How exciting! I know you are about to burst! I know all of you R2's are! I am truly excited for all of you and hope that you can continue to feel the excitment you do now even if you don't make it to R3.

I worry...I worry that some of us are becoming tainted by the fact that we did not make it to the next round. In the end...this is a contest. Some win, some don't...I was okay with that from the beginning. I equate it all with the Lotto...you play but you know the odds are against you to begin with. (I don't really play Lotto...maybe that is why! :lmao:) I enter all Disney contest. Hopeful, but I know it is always a long shot! I will admit I would love to win this one more than ANY becuase I truly feel like a Mickey Mom and know that it would give me the chance to meet others like me. But, I have all of you still, so I guess that is the runner up prize! Lots of women and men to share the love we all have for Disney.

Back to :cheer2: for all of you! Best of luck!!!!!

I hear your concerns and echo some to a degree. I think this "post panel" frustration is normal and it dissipates in time, like it does every year. Last year, I did not make it past R1 and I said I would probably not do it again, too disappointing; but when September rolls around, I get caught up in the frenzy and excitement like everyone else. The disappointment became a distant memory. As I've said before, every year, I learn a little more from the process and will pour that knowledge in to the 2011 panel selection process.

My 14 yr old son put it into perspective. When he heard the odds and saw my :sad2:, he said mom, that is like playing the lottery and expecting to win every time. That goal is out of my reach right now but I will try try again; the tiny chance of going all the way is worth the effort!

I can certainly relate to what you are saying. Personally, I think the process is tainted, at least in some ways. I think someone else mentioned maybe the panel is taking on a new dimension and they want people who are vocal on FB, Tweeter, Blogging, etc. and I do think they looked for people who fit that niche. I did google to see who beyond DIS made it to the next round and it is disturbing that at least a couple had prior links to Leanne and it was mentioned before that at least one applicant is featured on Leanne's blog.

:scared1::scared1:

I have to agree that it seems as if all good qualifying factors were dismissed if you didn't have a blog or Twitter. It seems that Leanne and Laura are really hung up on blogging and Twittering. THIS is what makes the best qualified panelist? You're right, they should have been more forthright about that in the beginning instead of alluding to it along the way. Applicants with links to Leanne or applicants featured on her blog?.....VERY disturbing.

This isn't Disney to me either. And actually when I'm in WDW, I try to escape from reality as much as possible....wouldn't want to take away from my vacation by Twittering or blogging!!

I also agree that flaws in the selection process were concerning this year -from the emails to additional finalists after the fact, to the "back door" fiasco.
I am actually considering drafting a letter to corporate. This has nothing to do with me specifically, rather the flaws in the process and possible favoritism to those with links to Leanne.

If having a blog trumps my 36 years of WDW experience (and MANY other applicants experience), then this is not something I now want to be a part of. I will continue to gather my most up to date info. from the informed folks on the Dis. :thumbsup2

This is NOT to take away from the 2nd rounders. It is for the reasons above that many are deflated by the selection process. I, for one, am still rooting for our Dis applicants. :wizard:

I just got back from WDW, so I haven't caught up on the 22 pages of this thread, but I wanted to say Congrats to all the lucky Round 2 people! pixiedust: to all of you, and good luck. I'm sure that the Dis will be well-represented on the 2010 panel.

I have skimmed parts of this thread, and hearing about people who made round 2 and decided that they don't want to do it, or people getting a rejection and then an acceptance makes me more than a little concerned about the process.

I had already been down on my chances (third try, and never to round 2 - I'm starting to feel the "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" attitude), and I'm wondering if I didn't get it because I didn't mention Facebook, or my blog doesn't get enough hits, or because I don't Twitter, or because only a certain number (like 6) of dads can make round 2, etc.

I just wish the process were a little more transparent - right now, it is feeling very much like a high school popularity contest, where dropping the "correct" names or having the "right" connections is what matters more than anything else.

My thoughts exactly (well, except for the Dads part...maybe I can say only a certain number of lawyers can make it) High school was bad enough the first time around! I guess not hanging out with the "cool" kids on Twitter might matter more than we think...

Of course I'm thrilled that Zanna made it but the whole way it happened left a bad taste in my mouth (just like the who "back door" incident did).

just my 2 cents...

Morning Everyone! Application time for round 2 is nearly over...

I wish everyone the best of luck with their application and photos... Can't wait to spend the next 10 days or so with you.. in the waiting room!:grouphug:

I'm a little frustrated. I will miss half of the waiting room this time. Next Tuesday my house is undergoing mold and asbestos remediation. Obviously, my family has to leave our house for that. It will take at least half a week, and I'm uncertain that the friend we are staying with has internet access (I know she doesn't have DSL anyway). I will be back just in time to hopefully hear about the results for Round 3. Sheesh! I think being away will be harder than being glued to the computer. Keep my spot warm for me when I finally do have to jet. I'll certainly be thinking about all of you and wishing I was with you.

I love these stories. :goodvibes

My DS's persevererence is on WDW and has been for the past 3 years or so. For hours on end he details his favorite rides in order from where they are positioned, walking through the queue, getting on the ride and what is at the end. It is almost like a descriptive walking tour.

The hard part is when he wants you to do it and you can't recite the dialogue word for word on rides such as the WEDway sound track from memory perfectly and he can't understand why you can't do it like he does. I haven't told him yet they changed the TTA and figure we can address it when we get there on our trip in December. I have a feeling it will be :scared1: when he hears it.

LOL! I wish I could be a fly on that TTA cart to witness the event. I imagine it will bring a chuckle to witness his astonishment. Either that or it will be heartbreaking if he takes it too hard. Oh, now I got really sad thinking about that.

I'm a little frustrated. I will miss half of the waiting room this time. Next Tuesday my house is undergoing mold and asbestos remediation. Obviously, my family has to leave our house for that. It will take at least half a week, and I'm uncertain that the friend we are staying with has internet access (I know she doesn't have DSL anyway). I will be back just in time to hopefully hear about the results for Round 3. Sheesh! I think being away will be harder than being glued to the computer. Keep my spot warm for me when I finally do have to jet. I'll certainly be thinking about all of you and wishing I was with you.

Hmm, maybe its time for an iPhone! I don't know that I can go that long without the DIS and internet access 24/7! You are a trooper!!!:lmao:

P.S. I was upgrading to a new iPhone on Tuesday (yes, finally from the first generation iphone) - and the very first message I received on it was the Round #2 congratulations email! That MUST be a good sign, right??:goodvibes

that would be SO FUN! :yay::yay:

It would be a blast, wouldn't it!! :) The kids could all "play Disney", while the Moms/Dads all "talk Disney". :) Sounds great :)

Traci, looks like you have a DD-5 like me :) I'm certain they'd be fast friends.

I just got back from WDW, so I haven't caught up on the 22 pages of this thread, but I wanted to say Congrats to all the lucky Round 2 people! pixiedust: to all of you, and good luck. I'm sure that the Dis will be well-represented on the 2010 panel.

I have skimmed parts of this thread, and hearing about people who made round 2 and decided that they don't want to do it, or people getting a rejection and then an acceptance makes me more than a little concerned about the process.

I had already been down on my chances (third try, and never to round 2 - I'm starting to feel the "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" attitude), and I'm wondering if I didn't get it because I didn't mention Facebook, or my blog doesn't get enough hits, or because I don't Twitter, or because only a certain number (like 6) of dads can make round 2, etc.

I just wish the process were a little more transparent - right now, it is feeling very much like a high school popularity contest, where dropping the "correct" names or having the "right" connections is what matters more than anything else.

I strongly agree with everything said here (I'm a mom, though!), especially the part I bolded.

Hmm, maybe its time for an iPhone! I don't know that I can go that long without the DIS and internet access 24/7! You are a trooper!!!:lmao:

P.S. I was upgrading to a new iPhone on Tuesday (yes, finally from the first generation iphone) - and the very first message I received on it was the Round #2 congratulations email! That MUST be a good sign, right??:goodvibes

I dream of an iPhone! You are a lucky one!

Yes, I'd say it is a good sign (or at least great serendipity). ;)

:scared1::scared1:

I have to agree that it seems as if all good qualifying factors were dismissed if you didn't have a blog or Twitter. It seems that Leanne and Laura are really hung up on blogging and Twittering. THIS is what makes the best qualified panelist? You're right, they should have been more forthright about that in the beginning instead of alluding to it along the way. Applicants with links to Leanne or applicants featured on her blog?.....VERY disturbing.

This isn't Disney to me either. And actually when I'm in WDW, I try to escape from reality as much as possible....wouldn't want to take away from my vacation by Twittering or blogging!!

I also agree that flaws in the selection process were concerning this year -from the emails to additional finalists after the fact, to the "back door" fiasco.
I am actually considering drafting a letter to corporate. This has nothing to do with me specifically, rather the flaws in the process and possible favoritism to those with links to Leanne.

If having a blog trumps my 36 years of WDW experience (and MANY other applicants experience), then this is not something I now want to be a part of. I will continue to gather my most up to date info. from the informed folks on the Dis. :thumbsup2

This is NOT to take away from the 2nd rounders. It is for the reasons above that many are deflated by the selection process. I, for one, am still rooting for our Dis applicants. :wizard:

Now that we are a few days into this process, and in light of all that has come out, you can't help but see that your conclusions might be one probable answer to how people are selected.

I sort of understand/agree but if it were too transparent, everyone would try to fit that cookie cutter cutout they THINK disney wants and maybe not really be themselves so much. That's a tough one.

It would be a blast, wouldn't it!! :) The kids could all "play Disney", while the Moms/Dads all "talk Disney". :) Sounds great :)

Traci, looks like you have a DD-5 like me :) I'm certain they'd be fast friends.

My kids would love it. Their friends are good sports about "playing Disney" with them, but not being as well versed in Disney culture, they don't know how to pretend they are on Splash Mountain quite as well. You can see it in my kids' eyes. They ARE ON that ride in their mind. Their actual surroundings are simply an illusion.

My DD9 finally got her bff on board a little more because we are taking her and her mom out there this year for a girls' retreat. It will be their first time, so her friend calls often to ask DD9 all kinds of questions about what Disney will be like. DD9 is only too happy to "school" her bff on Disney ways.

I have a DD5 too! Can you imagine the princess dress-up times we would have??!! I think I would have to join them. They do make adult princess costumes, right? Or maybe I would just be the Queen of Hearts. I've seen that costume and have always wanted that one. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter