2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

Ok, so I just have to say this. Since I am not one of the people who made it on to round 2 (but I am SUPER happy for those who did), I was quite upset reading a few posts on another site earlier today. I read, not 1, but 3 posts of people who have made it on to round 2 but are dropping out and never had any intention of going through with it!!!!!! One of the people said they just did it to see if they could make it past the first round, one person said they don't have time (wouldn't you know what sort of commitment was involved before you applied-I know I did), and the other "just isn't interested any longer"!!!! I am sorry to say, but I think that is horrible!!! Just think, that is 3 more people who really wanted to that could have moved on! I totally understand if something comes up out of the blue, but come on!

Ok, thank you for listening, my rant is over!

Congrats again to all those awesome moms and dads who have moved on!

Wait, SERIOUSLY!? I think we should inadvertently let some important people know so that they can refill their spots! That's just plain wrong!!

Zanna that is awesome!!! It made me go check my email quickly because what if the forgot me too. Anyway, enough about me... You go girl!! Best of luck!:thumbsup2

No worries, WoodysRoundup!!

I enjoy reading and posting about all of the topics associated with round 2 ... the highs, the lows, the whys and the yippees! It's all a part of the process. We've done this in year 1 and year 2. It's a cycle that we all go through from different perspectives. This thread is the continuation of the original thread.

And those who don't move on from round 2 will go through the same thing -- questioning why and wondering what Disney is looking for.

That doesn't take away the excitement and support for those who make it to round 3 (and neither does it now for those in round 2).

Although I do have a page on facebook, I really don't use it that much. I much prefer DIS.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

:thumbsup2 Thanks Marshay! :goodvibes

Continued best wishes to all 2nd rounders.

:thumbsup2 Thanks Marshay! :goodvibes

Continued best wishes to all 2nd rounders.

I've been meaning to say this for a while...I love your avatar picture!! What a fun angle of the castle!

of course, for me, any pic of the castle is terrific!!

I just thought I'd share a little story with you all while we are trying to pass the time. :)

My 5 year old, Kassia came home from Pre-K the other day with a pile of blank papers. She wanted to staple them together so she could "write" her own book. I watched quietly as she drew our family on a plane for the first page. Then, page by page, she drew her Disney memories. She later brought the book to me to "read" it to me. "This is you and me at Animal Kingdom, these are those big trucks and we are on the safari looking at hippos. This is Daddy, Shawn, Jared & Malia going on the big rollercoaster with the train (Thunder Mountain)...me and you are over here on the Pooh Bear ride because my tummy hurt from that rollercoaster the first time so you brought me to Pooh Bear...remember that? I think everytime my belly hurts, we should go to Disney to go on the Pooh Bear ride because it makes me feel better, don't you? pooh: This is us on the Tower of Terror...you are holding my hand so I'm not scared. This is us on the Nemo ride, I love looking at all those fishies with you, Mommy. I love, Disney, don't you?" :love:

Yes, I think my littlest girl takes after her Mommy with a deep love for all things Disney :) Her thoughts are already filled with countless magical memories of the Happiest Place on Earth.

I sure hope I am given the gift of sharing my love and passion with the world. :) Guess I should try to get some sleep. I think these next 12 days or so are going to crawl by. I'm so glad I have all of you...we can support each other and help pass the time. :) :grouphug:

What???? Is Kassia trying for the panel???? LOL!

What an incredible book! My gosh!

Trip to Disney: $XXXX
Daughters memory book: Priceless!

:)

Jud

I just thought I'd share a little story with you all while we are trying to pass the time. :)

My 5 year old, Kassia came home from Pre-K the other day with a pile of blank papers. She wanted to staple them together so she could "write" her own book. I watched quietly as she drew our family on a plane for the first page. Then, page by page, she drew her Disney memories. She later brought the book to me to "read" it to me. "This is you and me at Animal Kingdom, these are those big trucks and we are on the safari looking at hippos. This is Daddy, Shawn, Jared & Malia going on the big rollercoaster with the train (Thunder Mountain)...me and you are over here on the Pooh Bear ride because my tummy hurt from that rollercoaster the first time so you brought me to Pooh Bear...remember that? I think everytime my belly hurts, we should go to Disney to go on the Pooh Bear ride because it makes me feel better, don't you? pooh: This is us on the Tower of Terror...you are holding my hand so I'm not scared. This is us on the Nemo ride, I love looking at all those fishies with you, Mommy. I love, Disney, don't you?" :love:

Yes, I think my littlest girl takes after her Mommy with a deep love for all things Disney :) Her thoughts are already filled with countless magical memories of the Happiest Place on Earth.

I sure hope I am given the gift of sharing my love and passion with the world. :) Guess I should try to get some sleep. I think these next 12 days or so are going to crawl by. I'm so glad I have all of you...we can support each other and help pass the time. :) :grouphug:

I just turned into a big, warm, fuzzy pile of mush. Thank you for sharing this.

My children are the same way, especially DD9. She has created a monorail that slides along a track in her bedroom. The track is really for a folding divider (we use it to separate her space from her sister's space in the room). She has rigged this puppy so that her monorail (that shows silohettes of Disney characters in the windows) glides through and past the resorts (which she has also created) of the actual WDW monorail track. It is priceless. I would bronze it if I knew how to bronze construction paper.

She also enlists her 7 yo brother as a co-host for a DVC show that she puts on sometimes. They discuss their restaurant and resort recommendations along with park strategies from a 9 and 7 yo perspective. DD5 is always the willing and excited audience member along with myself.

DD5's niche is being able to identify each and every Disney audio clip that comes across the various Disney radio stations I frequent. She can tell you the difference between Adventureland's music and Old Key West's soundtrack (which is sometimes difficult for me to do). She also relates everything that happens to a Disney memory . . . "Hey that was like when we did such and such at the Magic Kingdom" or "This makes me think of when Snow White says, 'blah blah blah' in the movie." And I can't fail to mention that she is also the reigning champion in our house for Memory--Disney Edition. Gotta love these Neurotic Disney Kids!

Twende, I don't know how detailed you want to be about your list. I just got home from work and saw that someone helped you find out my info except my city.

I'm JL from Staunton, VA. Oh yeah, last initial is K. If anyone wants to FB me, I'm JL Knopp. I love FB friends.:hug: And twitter is NDM_1.

Couldn't find you on FB!!

Congratulations those of you that made it to round 2!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...let's see how many disers can make the panel!!!

good luck!!!

:flower3::cheer2:

Couldn't find you on FB!!

Congratulations those of you that made it to round 2!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...let's see how many disers can make the panel!!!

good luck!!!

:flower3::cheer2:

Hmmmm . . . technically, on FB I'm J.L. Knopp. Does adding the periods make a difference? It also has me listed from Charlottesville bc Staunton is too small to be considered a "network."

...DD9. She has created a monorail that slides along a track in her bedroom. She has rigged this puppy so that her monorail (that shows silohettes of Disney characters in the windows) glides through and past the resorts (which she has also created) of the actual WDW monorail track. It is priceless. I would bronze it if I knew how to bronze construction paper.

Wow! Got pictures up anywhere? Would love to see that! Sounds awesome! And brings back nice childhood memories... scotch tape and cardboard- and I will build you the world!

Jud

Wow! Got pictures up anywhere? Would love to see that! Sounds awesome! And brings back nice childhood memories... scotch tape and cardboard- and I will build you the world!

Jud

Ya know, you're the second person who's asked me that. When she first made it, we didn't own a digital camera, so I couldn't post pictures. But we did finally get one a couple months ago, so I should go ahead and take pictures of that.

And once I organize our latest home videos, I should be able to post footage of the first DVC show. Of course, I taped it! But I caution everyone, she tends to be long-winded like her NDM when it comes to Disney. This show is not for the faint of heart. Only those who go mushy over adorable children discussing Disney for very lengthy periods of time can handle this type of viewing. What kind of rating would something like that receive? E for "Endurance"? LOL!

Ya know, you're the second person who's asked me that. When she first made it, we didn't own a digital camera, so I couldn't post pictures. But we did finally get one a couple months ago, so I should go ahead and take pictures of that.

And once I organize our latest home videos, I should be able to post footage of the first DVC show. Of course, I taped it! But I caution everyone, she tends to be long-winded like her NDM when it comes to Disney. This show is not for the faint of heart. Only those who go mushy over adorable children discussing Disney for very lengthy periods of time can handle this type of viewing. What kind of rating would something like that receive? E for "Endurance"? LOL!

Just looked at your blog too- nice! Going to have to explore and read a bit when I get back to relax mode... last few weeks have left me all wound up and too hard to stop...

Jud

My children are the same way, especially DD9. She has created a monorail that slides along a track in her bedroom. The track is really for a folding divider (we use it to separate her space from her sister's space in the room). She has rigged this puppy so that her monorail (that shows silohettes of Disney characters in the windows) glides through and past the resorts (which she has also created) of the actual WDW monorail track. It is priceless. I would bronze it if I knew how to bronze construction paper.

She also enlists her 7 yo brother as a co-host for a DVC show that she puts on sometimes. They discuss their restaurant and resort recommendations along with park strategies from a 9 and 7 yo perspective. DD5 is always the willing and excited audience member along with myself.

DD5's niche is being able to identify each and every Disney audio clip that comes across the various Disney radio stations I frequent. She can tell you the difference between Adventureland's music and Old Key West's soundtrack (which is sometimes difficult for me to do). She also relates everything that happens to a Disney memory . . . "Hey that was like when we did such and such at the Magic Kingdom" or "This makes me think of when Snow White says, 'blah blah blah' in the movie." And I can't fail to mention that she is also the reigning champion in our house for Memory--Disney Edition. Gotta love these Neurotic Disney Kids!

I agree -- post pics of her "Disney World"

Zanna - first off, congratulations! Your place with the 2nd rounders is well deserved.

However, after watching from the sidelines, I must say that the flaws which have emerged in the selection process this year are, to say the least, quite concerning.

How does someone receive a rejection email along with everyone else, and then find themselves getting an email 2 days later saying that a mistake had been made and that they actually did in fact advance to the 2nd round???:confused3

Perhaps there are other people who also should have advanced but who ended up receiving a rejection email just like Zanna. Perhaps they were not as lucky as Zanna to have their fb, twitter or Disboard postings advising that they weren't selected to come to the attention of the judges.

It is clear that the people involved in the selection process are considering factors outside the 3 essays. Which would be fine...IF it was disclosed in the selection process.

After refreshing our computers for days, waiting and hoping for that email to come advising us that we would be advancing to round 2, at least receiving the rejection email gave us some assurance that despite our best efforts we actually didn't make it. Now with recent developments with Zanna, we can't even be sure of that!

Thanks for all your good wishes and thoughts. It means so much. Thankfully coming up with my
second round answers is distracting me from all of it. Still haven't gotten the call about the surgeon appt, but I'll keep you all posted.

Be thinking of you. Hope all goes well. Take care

Zanna - first off, congratulations! Your place with the 2nd rounders is well deserved.

However, after watching from the sidelines, I must say that the flaws which have emerged in the selection process this year are, to say the least, quite concerning.

How does someone receive a rejection email along with everyone else, and then find themselves getting an email 2 days later saying that a mistake had been made and that they actually did in fact advance to the 2nd round???:confused3

Perhaps there are other people who also should have advanced but who ended up receiving a rejection email just like Zanna. Perhaps they were not as lucky as Zanna to have their fb, twitter or Disboard postings advising that they weren't selected to come to the attention of the judges.

It is clear that the people involved in the selection process are considering factors outside the 3 essays. Which would be fine...IF it was disclosed in the selection process.

After refreshing our computers for days, waiting and hoping for that email to come advising us that we would be advancing to round 2, at least receiving the rejection email gave us some assurance that despite our best efforts we actually didn't make it. Now with recent developments with Zanna, we can't even be sure of that!

I can certainly relate to what you are saying. Personally, I think the process is tainted, at least in some ways. I think someone else mentioned maybe the panel is taking on a new dimension and they want people who are vocal on FB, Tweeter, Blogging, etc. and I do think they looked for people who fit that niche. I did google to see who beyond DIS made it to the next round and it is disturbing that at least a couple had prior links to Leanne and it was mentioned before that at least one applicant is featured on Leanne's blog. And if that is the way they want to go, that is perfectly fine - just tell us so we don't have to pour our hearts and souls into this process only for it to be pre-determined that we had zero chance to make it.

That's it for my ramblings. I will not be applying next year or future years. Maybe this is all part of the new Disney and I just need a break.

I do with all my heart want to wish Round 2 applicants the very best of luck. I wish you could all make it!

LOVE it! And I love Kaylene's (5fromabove) book story too!! My girls love to "play" Disney World. They'll pack their backpacks and pretend to be riding the ME to our resort (normally DD5 decides they're staying at the GF - she loved being there to eat at 1900 Park Fare and wants to actually stay there next time. HAHA). And then she creates tickets and I have to be the CM who takes the tickets. It's all very elaborate. And it makes me smile that my DD5 and DD2 love Disney as much as I do! :)

Um...guys?

I'm shaking as I type this...this just appeared in my inbox:

Suzannah,

I am contacting you directly via email, as I have been informed that you inadvertently received the incorrect correspondence regarding your status for the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search. You should have received the "congratulations" message below. We would very much like for you to continue on to the next round. You were approved in our internal system and therefore should be able to access the additional questions for Round 2 of the process.

I apologize for the miscommunication. If you have trouble accessing the site, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel and best of luck.

(I know her name has been posted on here already but I removed it for privacy just in case)
Walt Disney World Moms Panel​

I am BEYOND shocked. Seriously shaking. I cried of course too. Told my husband and after congratulating me he said "Ok, I'll let you go think" and I said I CAN'T THINK!! Deep breaths.

Did anyone else get an email like this?? I replied thanking her, so I know it's real, and I can log in (when I couldn't before) and see the questions now.

So my dear Twende, please if you could, add "Suzannah from Wesley Chapel, FL" to your list?? :hug: I hope you round 2-ers don't mind making room for one more?? :crowded:

Trying REALLY hard not to faint!!

See, something magical truly can happen when you never stop believing! ;)

For as much emphasis was placed on the "3 questions" that we all answered, I hope that "the powers that be" have kept reading this thread "post email" I think that the communication that has continued since round 1 ended says so much more about a lot of people. Even with our own hopes dashed at the opportunity to continue, we still support those who need a little extra support and embrace those continuing on. I think that this say more about "the real us" than the original questions.

Congratulations Zana, best of luck in round 2!

I just got back from WDW, so I haven't caught up on the 22 pages of this thread, but I wanted to say Congrats to all the lucky Round 2 people! pixiedust: to all of you, and good luck. I'm sure that the Dis will be well-represented on the 2010 panel.

I have skimmed parts of this thread, and hearing about people who made round 2 and decided that they don't want to do it, or people getting a rejection and then an acceptance makes me more than a little concerned about the process.

I had already been down on my chances (third try, and never to round 2 - I'm starting to feel the "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" attitude), and I'm wondering if I didn't get it because I didn't mention Facebook, or my blog doesn't get enough hits, or because I don't Twitter, or because only a certain number (like 6) of dads can make round 2, etc.

I just wish the process were a little more transparent - right now, it is feeling very much like a high school popularity contest, where dropping the "correct" names or having the "right" connections is what matters more than anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter