2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

If it was all about knowledge and/or experience, they could come to DIS and choose the ones with high post counts and invite them to try out.

I've been wondering about this...I've noticed that nearly everyone who has made it to round 2 has a low post count. And even the current mom's panel members, too (except for DisneyJo who blows us all away with over 20,000 posts!!)

So they definitely were not looking on DIS to see who has been really active on here.

However, since question #3 specifically listed blogging, I really think that was a clue -- as you have stated, Disney is evolving the Mom's Panel ... if they can get people to spend money at Disney through one Mom's panel website ... then imagine how many more people they can get to spend money at Disney with 5 or 10 or 17 more web sites.

We have to remember that Disney is all about marketing and is a corporation there to make money. And I'm definitely not saying this in a bad way. If it doesn't make money, then there won't be a WDW ... and I, for one, always want WDW to be there!

LOL, thanks! I think I have your site saved to read also. I think we can all help each other. I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't feel a "loss" over this, I feel I gained quite a bit over the last couple weeks; met alot of nice people I did not know before! the moms panel would have been icing on the cake.

and boy do I like icing!!:rotfl:

Oh yes! :)

Ok, I'll try to tell the abbreviated version, I tend to get longwinded. ;)

I was in college and struggling with what to major in...I felt like I was floundering (I *loved* high school and had been in all AP/Honors classes/drama/chorus but in college I felt lost) and took a semester off. Then it hit me that what I wanted to do was work for Disney. I thought working for their Reservations office would be the most fun; planning other people's vacations! So I found a college that had a Bachelors program for Travel & Tourism management and transferred. I then convinced my mom and boyfriend to also move down and work there. So in May of 1995 we all moved down, and by June we were all Cast Members!

The only thing was DRC (the reservations center) was not hiring when we interviewed. Of course I would've accepted anything just to work there, and ended up with a position in merchandise on Main Street, USA. My mom ended up in Food & Beverage at All-Star Sports and my boyfriend was at MGM in merchandise also (he later moved on to attractions and did the special effects 'inside the magic' tour with the water tank and the inside miniatures/blue screen special effects when that was still around) My mom later transferred to merchandise and worked at Mickey's Star Traders. It was fun when we could meet up on our breaks in the Tunnel :)

My first day was the 4th of July and I was in the Main St. Athletic Club. Working on one of the busiest days of the year until 2am was a trial by fire but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I LOVED it because it was an all-new store (though of course I missed the Magic Shop and Penny Arcade as did many guests that came thru!) and we had NEW costumes. They were knickers instead of the plaid skirts and dark turquoise blue sailor-collared blouses. MUCH better than the high-necked blouses and hot pink bow ties! But now those costumes are done and it's all integrated again and it's not even pink bow ties anymore.

I also worked in Disney Clothiers and later volunteered to transfer to Uptown Jewelers when management told us we had to lose a member of the Athletic Club team to move over there. I was talking to CM's a while ago though and learned that now CM's rotate throughout all the Main Street shops. One of my favorite things to do was work the outdoor cart next door in the winter because we got to wear those cool long dark green coats. :D

My other favorite part was when SpectroMagic would come by. The shops would empty out and I'd see the floats going by with their twinkling lights and watch all the guests so excited to see it for the first time. Hearing that music still brings tears to my eyes. :)

Working during the Very Merry Christmas Party was also wonderful with the snow, and we got to wear Mickey Ear Santa hats and welcome all the guests as they walked down Main Street. SO magical...I'll never forget those special memories.

I was later offered a position in a full service travel agency and decided to take it. I worked there for a while and got my associate and Master CLIA (cruise line international association) certifications and I moved up to manager there quickly. I married my boyfriend in 1996 and we had our reception at the Dolphin :) More magical memories!

After we had our first child, we moved back to Mass where we had our second child. I *thought* I was ready to try to go back to work part time and got a job at The Disney Store up in Marlboro Mass, when my youngest was a year old. I soon realized it just wasn't going to work with my husband's networking job having him on call and unpredictable hours, so I wasn't able to stay there long.

We moved BACK to Orlando in 2003, and I finally got a position at DRC in reservations in early 2004. The training for that was fabulously fun. It was 6 weeks long and you have to remember that they are hiring people that might not have ANY experience with Disney at all...so every time there was a question about the resorts or activities we (oops, they) offered, I was the first to answer. Not embarrassed to say I became the teachers pet haha!

Sadly, my first week finally on the phones, my dad got gravely ill and passed away suddenly. I was pretty devastated and took a week off...during that week, my husband's job transferred him to Tampa (he worked there during the week and would come home on the weekends, until we moved in 2005), so I had no choice but to leave that position as well. There IS a DRC office in Tampa and I recently interviewed with them again (passed the phone interview!) but realized with a new little one at home, committing to working weekends and holidays wasn't really the best for us at this point. Another reason why I didn't go through with the interview was it was the same week that Moms Panel applications went through...I knew if I got the DRC job, I would not be able to be on the Moms Panel. I guess I was a little too optimistic about making it through.

ANYway...that's my story...sorry for rambling on!! I have written more about it in my history of Disney love. I guess I haven't posted my cast member pictures on the blog, but they are on my flickr account. I should make a separate blog entry I guess. Thanks for asking, Jud and sorry to anyone I bored with this! Back to the topic at hand!! :cheer2:

OH MY GOSH...All I can say is "how cool are you?" What a fantastic story, I loved it and thanks for sharing with us.

and boy do I like icing!!:rotfl:

Oh i LOVE icing! I was somewhere for lunch today and someone had carrot cake, which I love, but the ICING was so thick and looked sweet! I bet the moms panel icing is even sweeter though!!

Zanna,
Now, for me, working on Main Street is truly DISNEY in its finest form! That is my dream job. I go in there just to stand around and dream of folding clothes while I listen to parade music or main street music. geez, I sound like such a dork but I would love to do that someday, once my youngest is off to college in a few years.

Oh i LOVE icing! I was somewhere for lunch today and someone had carrot cake, which I love, but the ICING was so thick and looked sweet! I bet the moms panel icing is even sweeter though!!

I can't take it! Please stop! I'm trying to stay disciplined with my salad for dinner, and there is no cake within my reach. Are there such things as 24 hour bakeries?

I wrote my answers off the cuff. I wrote from the heart and how it felt. Hopefully that will be enough.

I agree. I took the first night to sleep on it, then sat down the next morning and poured my heart into words. Then, I slept on those. When I woke up today and re-read them...I realized I didn't want to change anything. So, I logged in, typed them and hit "submit". :) I think you can always over-think things. Usually, my advice is to go with your first instinct. :)

Sweet dreams, everyone :)

Hi guys!

Several of you guys expressed an interest in helping our DISer Make a Wish kids when we were on the first thread in the waiting room...and I have an opportunity...if any of you guys are interested.

We have a family that I am hoping to sprinkle a little pixie dust on...just simple things like Disney coloring books...things like that.

Please PM me if you are interested in participating in this effort. They are going to Disney in a couple of weeks and we don't have the time to organize a "Big Give" which is what we do for many of the families.

Anyway...please PM me if you are interested in sending some pixie dust sort of items to a family in the next week and I can give you some information!

And CONGRATS again to all of you guys that made it to the 2nd Round!! :)

I can't take it! Please stop! I'm trying to stay disciplined with my salad for dinner, and there is no cake within my reach. Are there such things as 24 hour bakeries?

aahhh, if there is, I better not find out about it! I am just glad the Dairy Queen two blocks from my house is closing for the season. That pumpkin pie blizzard was calling me every night, lol.:rotfl:

aahhh, if there is, I better not find out about it! I am just glad the Dairy Queen two blocks from my house is closing for the season. That pumpkin pie blizzard was calling me every night, lol.:rotfl:

Wow, DQ only 2 blocks away!!! How can you not stop by? Only thing worse would be a Ben & Jerry's - YUM!!

OOOO DQ! We don't have them around here so when we drive south that is one of the first things I look for so that I can get a Snickers Blizzard with chocolate ice cream. :goodvibes My favorite.

Um...guys?

I'm shaking as I type this...this just appeared in my inbox:

Suzannah,

I am contacting you directly via email, as I have been informed that you inadvertently received the incorrect correspondence regarding your status for the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search. You should have received the "congratulations" message below. We would very much like for you to continue on to the next round. You were approved in our internal system and therefore should be able to access the additional questions for Round 2 of the process.

I apologize for the miscommunication. If you have trouble accessing the site, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel and best of luck.

(I know her name has been posted on here already but I removed it for privacy just in case)
Walt Disney World Moms Panel​

I am BEYOND shocked. Seriously shaking. I cried of course too. Told my husband and after congratulating me he said "Ok, I'll let you go think" and I said I CAN'T THINK!! Deep breaths.

Did anyone else get an email like this?? I replied thanking her, so I know it's real, and I can log in (when I couldn't before) and see the questions now.

So my dear Twende, please if you could, add "Suzannah from Wesley Chapel, FL" to your list?? :hug: I hope you round 2-ers don't mind making room for one more?? :crowded:

Trying REALLY hard not to faint!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Wow, DQ only 2 blocks away!!! How can you not stop by? Only thing worse would be a Ben & Jerry's - YUM!!

Trust me, it is NOT easy! We drove by tonight and the sign said LAST DAY and it was all I could do to not open the door and flop and roll right up to the window! It's right before the turn off to our street, so I figured I'd probably only get a few scrapes! Ours is a seasonal one so I will have to drive a little further to a Brazier DQ that is open all year. The pumpkin pie and banana creme pie blizzard don't have any calories...:rotfl:so you can eat as many as you want!!:lmao:

I just thought I'd share a little story with you all while we are trying to pass the time. :)

My 5 year old, Kassia came home from Pre-K the other day with a pile of blank papers. She wanted to staple them together so she could "write" her own book. I watched quietly as she drew our family on a plane for the first page. Then, page by page, she drew her Disney memories. She later brought the book to me to "read" it to me. "This is you and me at Animal Kingdom, these are those big trucks and we are on the safari looking at hippos. This is Daddy, Shawn, Jared & Malia going on the big rollercoaster with the train (Thunder Mountain)...me and you are over here on the Pooh Bear ride because my tummy hurt from that rollercoaster the first time so you brought me to Pooh Bear...remember that? I think everytime my belly hurts, we should go to Disney to go on the Pooh Bear ride because it makes me feel better, don't you? pooh: This is us on the Tower of Terror...you are holding my hand so I'm not scared. This is us on the Nemo ride, I love looking at all those fishies with you, Mommy. I love, Disney, don't you?" :love:

Yes, I think my littlest girl takes after her Mommy with a deep love for all things Disney :) Her thoughts are already filled with countless magical memories of the Happiest Place on Earth.

I sure hope I am given the gift of sharing my love and passion with the world. :) Guess I should try to get some sleep. I think these next 12 days or so are going to crawl by. I'm so glad I have all of you...we can support each other and help pass the time. :) :grouphug:

I'm not sure if this thread is the exact place everyone should be discussing the "whys" of not being chosen to the panel or asking what they might be looking for.

I am NOT trying to hurt anyone's feelings or offend you, I just don't want to damper the R2er's enthusiams.

We've been having a pretty decent discussion over on fb:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=153637308949&ref=mf

And I am also not trying to "damper" anyone's enthusiasm.

Since the title of the thread is about those who have advanced, I was pointing out a common thread in many applicants submissions. Sorry, I thought my question about finalists who are on Facebook, or who Twitter or have blogs was valid.

I have congratulated and wished best wishes to everyone along the way.:)

I won't be following your other discussion on Facebook. As I stated, I am not on Facebook.

Have a great night!

What a perfectly sweet story! I love it! Thanks for sharing it! :lovestruc

I just thought I'd share a little story with you all while we are trying to pass the time. :)

My 5 year old, Kassia came home from Pre-K the other day with a pile of blank papers. She wanted to staple them together so she could "write" her own book. I watched quietly as she drew our family on a plane for the first page. Then, page by page, she drew her Disney memories. She later brought the book to me to "read" it to me. "This is you and me at Animal Kingdom, these are those big trucks and we are on the safari looking at hippos. This is Daddy, Shawn, Jared & Malia going on the big rollercoaster with the train (Thunder Mountain)...me and you are over here on the Pooh Bear ride because my tummy hurt from that rollercoaster the first time so you brought me to Pooh Bear...remember that? I think everytime my belly hurts, we should go to Disney to go on the Pooh Bear ride because it makes me feel better, don't you? This is us on the Tower of Terror...you are holding my hand so I'm not scared. This is us on the Nemo ride, I love looking at all those fishies with you, Mommy. I love, Disney, don't you?"

Yes, I think my littlest girl takes after her Mommy with a deep love for all things Disney :) Her thoughts are already filled with countless magical memories of the Happiest Place on Earth.

I sure hope I am given the gift of sharing my love and passion with the world. :) Guess I should try to get some sleep. I think these next 12 days or so are going to crawl by. I'm so glad I have all of you...we can support each other and help pass the time. :) :grouphug:

Awww, how very sweet and I know you are a proud mama!!

And I am also not trying to "damper" anyone's enthusiasm.

Since the title of the thread is about those who have advanced, I was pointing out a common thread in many applicants submissions. Sorry, I thought my question about finalists who are on Facebook, or who Twitter or have blogs was valid.

I have congratulated and wished best wishes to everyone along the way.:)

I won't be following your other discussion on Facebook. As I stated, I am not on Facebook.

Have a great night!

No worries, WoodysRoundup!!

I enjoy reading and posting about all of the topics associated with round 2 ... the highs, the lows, the whys and the yippees! It's all a part of the process. We've done this in year 1 and year 2. It's a cycle that we all go through from different perspectives. This thread is the continuation of the original thread.

And those who don't move on from round 2 will go through the same thing -- questioning why and wondering what Disney is looking for.

That doesn't take away the excitement and support for those who make it to round 3 (and neither does it now for those in round 2).

Although I do have a page on facebook, I really don't use it that much. I much prefer DIS.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Um...guys?

I'm shaking as I type this...this just appeared in my inbox:

Suzannah,

I am contacting you directly via email, as I have been informed that you inadvertently received the incorrect correspondence regarding your status for the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search. You should have received the "congratulations" message below. We would very much like for you to continue on to the next round. You were approved in our internal system and therefore should be able to access the additional questions for Round 2 of the process.

I apologize for the miscommunication. If you have trouble accessing the site, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel and best of luck.

(I know her name has been posted on here already but I removed it for privacy just in case)
Walt Disney World Moms Panel​

I am BEYOND shocked. Seriously shaking. I cried of course too. Told my husband and after congratulating me he said "Ok, I'll let you go think" and I said I CAN'T THINK!! Deep breaths.

Did anyone else get an email like this?? I replied thanking her, so I know it's real, and I can log in (when I couldn't before) and see the questions now.

So my dear Twende, please if you could, add "Suzannah from Wesley Chapel, FL" to your list?? :hug: I hope you round 2-ers don't mind making room for one more?? :crowded:

Trying REALLY hard not to faint!!

WOW! That's awesome! Way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter